Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron Brannagan

Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    I can't see Brannagan getting many games, especially if we get Gotze.

We are overloaded with attacking midfield players and if we are pumped to the brim with the likes of

Coutinho
    Firmino
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Ibe
    Gotze (potentially)
    Milner
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Yeah it's a shame, best of luck to the boy.

Brannagan has a bit more about him, I'd say.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda In A Skoda View Post
    I can't see Brannagan getting many games, especially if we get Gotze.

We are overloaded with attacking midfield players and if we are pumped to the brim with the likes of

Coutinho
    Firmino
    Lallana
    Markovic
    Ibe
    Gotze (potentially)
    Milner
    Brannagan isn't an out and out attacking midfielder. Much more of a dictator of the play.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Said in the match thread yesterday he reminds me a bit of Coutinho with his running style and ability to turn sharply on the ball. Always looks nice and calm on the ball, too. Obviously not as good as Phil, just thought his style looked a little similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopployal View Post
    I'd rather we keep him Stewart and Tex in the ist squad permantly than buying the likes of Piotr Zielinski or even illarramendi
    Do you still feel this way Klopployal?
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Said in the match thread yesterday he reminds me a bit of Coutinho with his running style and ability to turn sharply on the ball. Always looks nice and calm on the ball, too. Obviously not as good as Phil, just thought his style looked a little similar.
    i see where you're coming from with that.
    Got high hopes for him, seems to understand the game and his composure on the ball, considering his age, is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    i see where you're coming from with that.
    Got high hopes for him, seems to understand the game and his composure on the ball, considering his age, is very good.
    The lad has lots of ability, just lacks the conviction for me.... Admittedly in the main squad games he does not want to do anything wrong but he needs to believe in his ability more! Has a lot to offer but he needs to show it, plays a little afraid at times. Surely with Klopps around him he will get all the encouragement.... I am bemused that Tex never got a game, rate him over the likes of Ojo, Canos and Brannagan personally. Should have been under studying for Coutinho position when out

Quote Originally Posted by TheNormalJuan View Post
    The lad has lots of ability, just lacks the conviction for me.... Admittedly in the main squad games he does not want to do anything wrong but he needs to believe in his ability more! Has a lot to offer but he needs to show it, plays a little afraid at times. Surely with Klopps around him he will get all the encouragement.... I am bemused that Tex never got a game, rate him over the likes of Ojo, Canos and Brannagan personally. Should have been under studying for Coutinho position when out
    he won't be at this club next season so there's no point in playing him ahead of those that will.

Never mind the fact that Tex is 5 years older than Ojo, 4 years older than Canos and 3 years older than Brannagan.

he won't be at this club next season so there's no point in playing him ahead of those that will.

Never mind the fact that Tex is 5 years older than Ojo, 4 years older than Canos and 3 years older than Brannagan.
    I still believe that we would have had a player in Tex if he was given some real opportunities.

I think that's part of the point - he's seen as naturally further on in his development and could have been able to contribute a bit more this season.

Maybe he isn't the future, and maybe those lads are, so helping them along makes good sense - but there's still a case that Tex could have played a bigger part.

Brannagan imo is a great talent, he would be a tremendous nr 8 with 200 pluss game experience. Like Lallana he isen`t the classic mold of a English midfielder. Unlike Henderson and Milner who are primarily about lots of running. Brannagan is very smart and intricate, think he will develop ver nicely over the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNormalJuan View Post
    Yeah, I noticed he was a little 'safe' in possession but it's perfectly understandable considering how new to the first team games he is, but he did show signs of intent like his little run, drop of the shoulder and shot against West Brom and his ball to Benteke that should have been a goal against Watford. He looks like he could be a player, although I worry about the playing time he'll get here with reinforcements surely coming in soon.

If you're going to be a little midfielder that pulls the strings you better be able to pass the ball with your weaker foot. Brannagan, in the little I've seen of him, is completely one footed.

I'll be honest, he screams Suso MkII to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I think that's part of the point - he's seen as naturally further on in his development and could have been able to contribute a bit more this season.

Maybe he isn't the future, and maybe those lads are, so helping them along makes good sense - but there's still a case that Tex could have played a bigger part.
    yeah but saying you rate Tex higher than someone 5 years younger is silly, Tex should be further on his development and he probably is, but he's not good enough to stick around therefore it makes sense to play someone who will be around, even if they aren't currently as good.

I thought the exact same thing.

I wonder how good this guy really is. Still only 20.

Players like Weigl/dahoud/ali only became the players they are now because they were given a chance even at a young age. WOuld like to see brannagan given some chances in the starting 11 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield-assassin View Post
    I wonder how good this guy really is. Still only 20.

Players like Weigl/dahoud/ali only became the players they are now because they were given a chance even at a young age. WOuld like to see brannagan given some chances in the starting 11 next season.
    I think he will definitely get Cup games, and I expect to see him more in the League too. Klopp seems to really rate him by all reports.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    I think he will definitely get Cup games, and I expect to see him more in the League too. Klopp seems to really rate him by all reports.
    There were reports that barca scouts had an eye on him

Scored a cracking goal for the u21s https://twitter.com/SacRepublicFC/st...84124225069056

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield-assassin View Post
    There were reports that barca scouts had an eye on him
    Did see that. I think Klopp likes him too much to let him leave.

Scored a cracking goal for the u21s https://twitter.com/SacRepublicFC/st...84124225069056
    Nice. He definitely reminds me of Coutinho a little

That's a wee cracker! 3-4-5 defenders in a bit of a dither..... but where's the GK got to? I can only assume he's in that blur in front of goal.

Is he an attacking midfielder or more of a central midfielder. I read a few months back that he had a similar playing style to alonso, although that could have been an article on rossiter, cant remember.

his movement is similar and he loves that quick drop of the shoulder

his movement is similar and he loves that quick drop of the shoulder
    Could have a real player in Brannagan if he gets some opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    Could have a real player in Brannagan if he gets some opportunity.
    agreed, really like the look of him, just hope he gets enough chances to show his worth.

agreed, really like the look of him, just hope he gets enough chances to show his worth.
    He might actually be that next one to break through from the academy. I know we have said that before about various players, but this kid might actually be the one that does it.

Jurgen Klopp specifically said Cameron Brannagan had everything you need for midfielder in his age group. And furthermore Cameron Brannagan has be deployed as a central midfielder and not a central attacking midfielder by klopp. So his competition is not Couthino and the likes but rather more the likes of Henderson, Milner, Can, Lucas, Allen and Grujic. With the probability of one or to of those midfielders leaving, i think Brannagan has a excellent oppertunity to get between 5-15 games next season depending on his development. I did not include stewart because he operates in a different role in a klopp team. I think we will see the combination of Stewart, Henderson and Brannagan in several cup matches next season when klopp choses to rotate his squad.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...thing-10339999
    Last edited by Elnor; 26-5-16 at 14:30.

Has probably something to do with the fact that Brannagan 2 seasons ago and watched tapes on couthino to improve his development. A lot of good players watch tapes and adapt certain aspects of players they like and favor. Ibrahimovic loved Ronaldo Fenomeno, and used to practice things and skills he would see Fenomeno doing in matches. So when he was younger both in his days at Malmų but also at his Ajax days his playing style would to some degree remind one of Fenomeno, tho it has been refined over the years its stiller there i the way Zlatan plays.

I hope he can be given a chance the more I see of him , the more I think he has got what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    I hope he can be given a chance the more I see of him , the more I think he has got what it takes.
    He's the type of player we should produce. Technically sound, works hard, has quality and not every graduate has to be world class.