Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cameron Brannagan

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It has been in the past...no doubt.

But Klopp will have his own ideas on how he uses the loan system, now he has seen how poor the competitions are, for youth teams in this country.
    Wasnít he against loans when he first arrived? I think youíre right, he probably realised that playing in the u23 league isnít sufficient preparation for the first team, but it is certainly something the club needs to improve on.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    It is. I think if you're a young player sent out on loan it's time to turn your focus away from Liverpool and concentrate on where/how you can build your career elsewhere.
    There have been precious few examples to contradict this in the last decade.

It must factor into the decision of kids looking to join academyís too. Suso, Ibe and Sterling were Ďimports Ď from other academy systems, Wisdom too if I recall. The strike rate for the rest is quite low. If the likes of Woodburn donít succeed it surely sends a negative message to the others trying to come through. Of course, itís up to the players to show they are worthy of a spot but so few make it, hopefully Gerrard might have an influence on the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    There have been precious few examples to contradict this in the last decade.

It must factor into the decision of kids looking to join academyís too. Suso, Ibe and Sterling were Ďimports Ď from other academy systems, Wisdom too if I recall. The strike rate for the rest is quite low. If the likes of Woodburn donít succeed it surely sends a negative message to the others trying to come through. Of course, itís up to the players to show they are worthy of a spot but so few make it, hopefully Gerrard might have an influence on the next generation.

Well it's up to the youngsters themselves to ensure they impress the manager. If they don't others will. It's not just about talent, it's desire, commitment and hard work. Trent has proved that it can be done. Joe Gomez who had two serious injuries has worked his balls off and has become very important. Fair enough he was bought, but he was bought very young and it was his desire whilst injured that impressed the manager.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    It has been in the past...no doubt.

But Klopp will have his own ideas on how he uses the loan system, now he has seen how poor the competitions are, for youth teams in this country.
    This is his third season here now, still no improvement in how we use the loan system. If a player goes out on loan, it usually means they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    This is his third season here now, still no improvement in how we use the loan system. If a player goes out on loan, it usually means they're gone.
    And if anything, Klopp was a bit ********** off when he first arrived that we had so many players out on loan, and wanted to reduce it. I think he likes the idea of training hard together and getting everyone on the same page in case they’re needed. And tbf, one of the things he improved the earliest was continuity in our form when we made changes, and is currently a good strength of ours.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Woodburn may go on loan...I doubt we've written him off.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Woodburn may go on loan...I doubt we've written him off.
    We'll see, I certainly hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few loans and moved on. Klopp seems happy enough to go out and buy for his first team, so I can't see many of the younger players getting games any time soon, especially in midfield/attack.

You like talking about what might happen. Loans, all this money we have and are apparently willing to spend...

I'll wait 'til I actually see it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Well it's up to the youngsters themselves to ensure they impress the manager. If they don't others will. It's not just about talent, it's desire, commitment and hard work. Trent has proved that it can be done. Joe Gomez who had two serious injuries has worked his balls off and has become very important. Fair enough he was bought, but he was bought very young and it was his desire whilst injured that impressed the manager.
    Neither went on loan did they?