Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allan Rodrigues De Souza

Quote Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
    Neither. It's the Home Office Points Based System for the 2015/16 season.
    cheers for the quick reply. You would think FIFA would have the same rule for every country and they all have to work under the same system.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Klopployal View Post
    cheers for the quick reply. You would think FIFA would have the same rule for every country and they all have to work under the same system.
    No problem. Surely you don't want FIFA to have a say in a country's domestic policy? The world would've self-imploded long ago under the guidance of Joao Havelange and Sepp Blatter.
    “I’ve never seen a bag of money score a goal.” – Johan Cruyff

No problem. Surely you don't want FIFA to have a say in a country's domestic policy? The world would've self-imploded long ago under the guidance of Joao Havelange and Sepp Blatter.
    As for buying players and selling them (allowing visa's, etc), I would have no hesitations of a governing body like a reformed FIFA making the rules equal for all. How a nation decides to structure its own players should be down to them, but when buying or selling players 1 rule should fit all.

Some loopholes for the Exception Panel.

SUBJECTIVE CRITERIA

The Exceptions Panel may then take into account any subjective criteria that it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion when deciding whether to award a Governing Body Endorsement at the secondary review stage.

Subjective criteria that the Exceptions Panel may take into account include but are not limited to:

• Players for whom no transfer fee is payable under the primary review criteria may be ascribed a ‘virtual’ transfer value under the secondary review criteria on such basis that the Exceptions Panel considers appropriate and, if so, the appropriate number of points will then be awarded.

• In the event that the player satisfies some of the automatic criteria for a Governing Body Endorsement (as set out under 2.1 (Criteria under which a Governing Body Endorsement will automatically be granted)) or the primary review criteria, the degree to which the player exceeds these criteria will be considered.

• The reasons why the automatic criteria (as set out under paragraph 2.1 (Criteria under which a Governing Body Endorsement will automatically be granted) above), primary review criteria or objective secondary review criteria were not met will be considered.

Finally, the third stage review to the Appeal Board.

THIRD STAGE REVIEW

If a player does not met the above primary review or secondary review criteria, the Exceptions Panel will consider any highly extenuating circumstances that are presented (in writing only) on behalf of that player and the applicant club. This will include consideration of extraordinary events or circumstances beyond the player’s or the National Association’s control.
    Great research Ted and we should all be thankful to you. Perhaps something might be going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I hope so. For him to have potentially two more loans would be extremely disappointing for the lad who, I think most agree, has a fair bit of potential ready to be tapped by JK.
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    Great research Ted and we should all be thankful to you. Perhaps something might be going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I hope so. For him to have potentially two more loans would be extremely disappointing for the lad who, I think most agree, has a fair bit of potential ready to be tapped by JK.
    I don't know how true this is, however Jurgen Klopp has watched him quite a few times and has been very impressed with him.

Cheers Ted, I'd completely forgotten I'd asked you that. :FP: That's some top research. Still leaves me with as many questions as answers though.

Do the points from last season's loans carry over? How many points were they even worth? 1 each? Or just half a point each as they were just half a season each? Can he just keep on racking up points with a series of loans? Or does he have to gain enough points in one calendar year/season?

Seems perverse that you need 4 points at primary stage, but if you fall short you can then just go to the secondary stage where you can gain points at the same rate for 'doing' less or playing at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    I've never understood why clubs don't offer 2-year loans anyway for kids 17-21. 2 years of game time at any level will help at that age I think. The other club should be more likely to use them too as they'l be around for a while. There are clubs in Europe where player seem to get a permit in weeks (Im looking at you Portugal! Hahah!) Find the best team that'l actually play him regularly and let him play.

Surely beats having them in the academy. Goes for every kid. Id happily make 20 youth loans annually.

we always seem to encounter difficulties when applying to the f.a / home office for a work permit for non eu players - other clubs (especially chelsea, city and utd) dont seem to have half the problems we have - is it just another example of 'anti lfc bias' on their behalf ? or do other clubs really have the same problems.? another thing i dont get is that if a club sign a player -he is going to be earning very good money- and with a tax rate of near 50% on the sort of wage footballers (even very young ones ) get, it would be some boost to the governments coffers, yet we have a government dept that seems to stand in the way of clubs bringing these players into the country - yet on the same hand they allow low skilled and in some cases non skilled people to just come to the uk and live without contributing a thing ! it doesnt make sense at all !

whatever is needed to get his visa to stay at melwood, make it happen LFC. The Italian's and Spanish seem to have little problems bringing in talented youth outside of Europe, so whatever their doing we should should follow suit.
    JK needs to get LFC officials to appeal and get Allan the WP. That boy is top class. Been called up to represent Brazil U20 at Olympics. Same goes for Taiwo Awoniyi who has also been called up to represent his country, Nigeria, at the Olympics.

He's back.. I so hope The Exemptions Panel can lead us to a good outcome. I know all about Pachecko and Suso but I have a good feeling about Allan.
    loyal since 1960.

Can't help but think the endless process of going out on loan makes him regret his decision to sign for us. It doesn't provide stability in your life, you can't settle knowing you're leaving again next year. Sure, you can improve even with a lot of changes around you, but I personally would prefer staying put. I'd demand the work permit stuff to be guaranteed prior to me signing anything. Seems so backwards and counterproductive to trap a young talent this way.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    Can't help but think the endless process of going out on loan makes him regret his decision to sign for us. It doesn't provide stability in your life, you can't settle knowing you're leaving again next year. Sure, you can improve even with a lot of changes around you, but I personally would prefer staying put. I'd demand the work permit stuff to be guaranteed prior to me signing anything. Seems so backwards and counterproductive to trap a young talent this way.
    17 year old who hadn't played a first team game demanding this before accepting most likely the biggest move on the table available to him...yeah, sounds reasonable.

If I played with Brazil's U20, I wouldn't worry about finding a club to develop in, if that's your point questioning why I wouldn't waste valuable years playing in random places waiting for documents.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    JK needs to get LFC officials to appeal and get Allan the WP. That boy is top class. Been called up to represent Brazil U20 at Olympics. Same goes for Taiwo Awoniyi who has also been called up to represent his country, Nigeria, at the Olympics.
    ah we have some added interest in the olympics then

good test for both players

How exactly has he been trapped? He would have signed knowing that he will have to wait and spend time on loan before being granted a UK work permit. Its already been agreed that he is going on loan again this season.

Good job convincing him to sign whoever did it. Let's check in on him next year. He'll be 20 then?

If I played with Brazil's U20, I wouldn't worry about finding a club to develop in, if that's your point questioning why I wouldn't waste valuable years playing in random places waiting for documents.
    I'm talking about him potentially asking for guarantees before making the biggest move he probably could have made at the time...at 17. Who else was in for him?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    How exactly has he been trapped? He would have signed knowing that he will have to wait and spend time on loan before being granted a UK work permit. Its already been agreed that he is going on loan again this season.
    Do you know if his inclusion at this Autumn's Olympics will allow him to get a visa here?

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I'm talking about him potentially asking for guarantees before making the biggest move he probably could have made at the time...at 17. Who else was in for him?
    I've no idea, but don't you think LC has at least a bit of a point? Brazilians can get work permits far more easily in other European countries - if I was the young lad I'd have had my agent working harder to get me a move to one of those leagues.

Signing for a club you can't play for is quite a gamble in a young players career.

It's not like our offer was likely to be that special - we only paid 500k for him.

Do you know if his inclusion at this Autumn's Olympics will allow him to get a visa here?
    Maybe but he's doing the triple jump. Is that going to be of any use to us?

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Maybe but he's doing the triple jump. Is that going to be of any use to us?
    have I missed something here?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I've no idea, but don't you think LC has at least a bit of a point? Brazilians can get work permits far more easily in other European countries - if I was the young lad I'd have had my agent working harder to get me a move to one of those leagues.

Signing for a club you can't play for is quite a gamble in a young players career.

It's not like our offer was likely to be that special - we only paid 500k for him.
    I think it would depend on who else is in for him, that's why I asked. If he had genuine offers from other 'big' clubs in other European countries then yeah, there's a point. If Liverpool was the biggest offer on the table, I think it's a bit much to expect to him to be asking for guarantees.

I think it would depend on who else is in for him, that's why I asked. If he had genuine offers from other 'big' clubs in other European countries then yeah, there's a point. If Liverpool was the biggest offer on the table, I think it's a bit much to expect to him to be asking for guarantees.
    You think it's a bit much for a footballer to be guaranteed to be able to play football before agreeing to a move? Not guaranteed first team, but guaranteed to be allowed. I think it's absolutely fundamental regardless of what other offers he may not have had.

He didn't have to move.

You think it's a bit much for a footballer to be guaranteed to be able to play football before agreeing to a move? Not guaranteed first team, but guaranteed to be allowed. I think it's absolutely fundamental regardless of what other offers he may not have had.

He didn't have to move.
    Well he was always going to play football, wasn't he? As has been proven.

Well he was always going to play football, wasn't he? As has been proven.
    What if we couldn't find him a loan club? We have plenty of youngsters every year that we'd be happy to have out on loan - they may not all get an acceptable offer. It happens.

If it was always going to be so easy for him to get games elsewhere though you would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to find another offer.

Leaving Brazil to have a few months in Finland - you think that was anywhere near first choice for us or him? - then Belgium, then wherever - I don't get how you can't see that as a questionable move, and that he wouldn't have been better off looking for a club in a league he's eligible to play in.

What if we couldn't find him a loan club? We have plenty of youngsters every year that we'd be happy to have out on loan - they may not all get an acceptable offer. It happens.

If it was always going to be so easy for him to get games elsewhere though you would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to find another offer.

Leaving Brazil to have a few months in Finland - you think that was anywhere near first choice for us or him? - then Belgium, then wherever - I don't get how you can't see that as a questionable move, and that he wouldn't have been better off looking for a club in a league he's eligible to play in.
    Another offer as good as Liverpool?

If it meant signing for a club like Liverpool, getting regular first team football for a year or too then hopefully come back into the mix? Seems a decent move to me.

Another offer as good as Liverpool?

If it meant signing for a club like Liverpool, getting regular first team football for a year or too then hopefully come back into the mix? Seems a decent move to me.
    And how good are we?

If he had a work permit today there's a fair chance he'd be in our squad - if he'd moved to a club in Portugal there's a fair chance he'd be genuinely in the first team picture.

As it is he's still at least 12 months from getting a kick for us, and even then only if he's lucky. He'll have to move to a 3rd loan club, try to establish himself again in another new group in a new country - his path now has many more obstacles than necessary.

Fair enough, you think it couldn't have worked out much better, I struggle to see how it could have gone much worse. Don't expect us to see eye to eye on this one.

And how good are we?

If he had a work permit today there's a fair chance he'd be in our squad - if he'd moved to a club in Portugal there's a fair chance he'd be genuinely in the first team picture.

As it is he's still at least 12 months from getting a kick for us, and even then only if he's lucky. He'll have to move to a 3rd loan club, try to establish himself again in another new group in a new country - his path now has many more obstacles than necessary.

Fair enough, you think it couldn't have worked out much better, I struggle to see how it could have gone much worse. Don't expect us to see eye to eye on this one.
    Is that set in stone? Only reason I ask is because he's included in the Olympic u-20 squad, would that not give him more pts for visa?

Is that set in stone? Only reason I ask is because he's included in the Olympic u-20 squad, would that not give him more pts for visa?
    Don't think so. It might give us a slightly better case if it goes to the appeals panel, but don't think it does anything tangible.

Don't think so. It might give us a slightly better case if it goes to the appeals panel, but don't think it does anything tangible.
    shame. at least he's patient.