Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfer of Some Threads and Forums Now Completed. PLEASE READ. (Updated 2 Nov 2.30pm)

1. #1 Default Transfer of Some Threads and Forums Now Completed. PLEASE READ. (Updated 2 Nov 2.30pm) 
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    The Tech Dept have merged some forums.

The Features Forum is now exclusive to LFCTV GO subscribers. We have ideas for enhancing that forum and its content and for developing it further in the near future. Watch this space.

The free-to-use Off-Topic Forum has been merged with the LFCTV GO Off-Topic Forum. The resulting forum is free to all users. We'll maintain thread moderation in the resulting Off-Topic forum for the time being.

Transfer Talk has become a sub-forum of Football Discussion and is now accessed via Football Discussion. Both remain free to access for all users.

Games and Chat is now a sub-forum of the new Off-Topic. It is accessed via Off-Topic and remains free to access for all users.

You should now be able to see 6 forums on the Forum Index Page:
    LFCTV GO Football Forum
    LFCTV GO Features
    Off-Topic Discussion
    Football Discussion
    Hillsborough
    Forum Feedback

Threads which have not been used since January 2014 have been pruned out, but not from LFC TV GO Forums, Features and Hillsborough.

As before, LFC TV GO subscribers have 24/7 access to all forums.

Please report in Feedback any glitches you notice, and we'll address them asap. Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Jannno; 2-11-15 at 21:08. Reason: updated
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

As a new member of the forum I am confused by certain aspects. A number of the topics at the top of the page are pre-fixed "sticky. Does that mean they are stuck to the board forever? I think the injuries thread is past it's sell-by date at 25 pages long and should be started again with a simple "refresh" every week, deleting the previous week's notice to keep it relevant. Also what constitutes a "Hot thread"?

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    As a new member of the forum I am confused by certain aspects. A number of the topics at the top of the page are pre-fixed "sticky. Does that mean they are stuck to the board forever? I think the injuries thread is past it's sell-by date at 25 pages long and should be started again with a simple "refresh" every week, deleting the previous week's notice to keep it relevant. Also what constitutes a "Hot thread"?
    Hello there.

Sticky threads are set to remain in the area at the top of the forum, they can be 'unstuck' by a moderator or administrator. They do tend to get forgotten about which is why users post injury updates in new threads or elsewhere, forgetting about the injury thread. If a mod spots this they'll often, but not always, move the posts.

Hot threads are those with the largest amount of activity.
    Last edited by kickthetyres; 29-10-15 at 22:16.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    The moving of the " What Are You Eating At The Moment " thread topic will effectively move it into this category.
    This was a true lunchtime legacy left to us by the great Cumby,now sadly departed from our Boards. What would he say of this gastronomic generalisation?!

*sigh* This has created culinary disturbance. I am perterbed !

I have said my piece.
    " The Dude Abides "

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stim* View Post
    The moving of the " What Are You Eating At The Moment " thread topic will effectively move it into this category.
    This was a true lunchtime legacy left to us by the great Cumby,now sadly departed from our Boards. What would he say of this gastronomic generalisation?!

I have said my piece.
    You're just freaked out by Cloob's Primula and Frazzles sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by *Stim* View Post

I have said my piece.
    I'm too upset to eat ...

What impact does having a games and chat forum have on the board?

By definition, it's off topic. So would it be beneficial or detrimental to the forum if that was merged with Off Topic? Or perhaps even in a similar way to Transfer Talk being a sub forum now.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post

By definition, it's off topic. So would it be beneficial or detrimental to the forum if that was merged with Off Topic? Or perhaps even in a similar way to Transfer Talk being a sub forum now.
    It's a fair point.
    Last edited by Jannno; 30-10-15 at 15:18. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post

I think chat threads should be in off topic. I've looked at Games and Chat before but it's like a completely separate society that I hardly ever see posting in the main forums. Sticking it in off topic would probably get more people chatting in general.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    I think chat threads should be in off topic. I've looked at Games and Chat before but it's like a completely separate society that I hardly ever see posting in the main forums. Sticking it in off topic would probably get more people chatting in general.
    Yeah, that's a good observation PHIL. There seems to be a general assumption/habit that the two pink forums at the top of the list are for LFCTV GO members and everything else is for those who have opted out of that. Merging the two OTs may help meet the neighbours. They're quite nice, invite you round for coffee, borrow your sugar etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Yeah, that's a good observation PHIL. There seems to be a general assumption/habit that the two pink forums at the top of the list are for LFCTV GO members and everything else is for those who have opted out of that. Merging the two OTs may help meet the neighbours. They're quite nice, invite you round for coffee, borrow your sugar etc.
    You've probably noticed that I like to talk a lot of crap, so I'd probably end up posting a fair bit if the chat threads were in off topic.

It sounds stupid, but I don't even check games and chat anymore for some reason. I just kind of forget that it's there. Unless you're specifically looking to chat or play a game, you're probably not going to look at it. If chat threads were in off topic you'd probably get more people joining in because they've noticed the thread when looking at other off topic stuff.

You've probably noticed that I like to talk a lot of crap, so I'd probably end up posting a fair bit if the chat threads were in off topic.

It sounds stupid, but I don't even check games and chat anymore for some reason. I just kind of forget that it's there. Unless you're specifically looking to chat or play a game, you're probably not going to look at it. If chat threads were in off topic you'd probably get more people joining in because they've noticed the thread when looking at other off topic stuff.
    Noooo can't say I'd noticed .....

The restructuring of the forums is all down to the Digital Media team, or whatever they are called, at the club. I just follow along.

Same. It was like transfer talk. I never saw the point in having a forum exclusively to talk about transfers. That should have always just been in the footy forum.

This forum needs fixed.

And , it wasn't broken.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    I'm too upset to eat ...
    See what you've done,Mods?! Only put the big man Hoopster off his grub! Well I hope you're happy now!
    " The Dude Abides "

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    or they break your windows and nick your lawnmower.

The *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    I'm too upset to eat ...
    Ive been eating nonstop since this forum announcement, I now weigh 56stone and use a bedsheet for clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I would disagree, having one stickied injury thread enables everyone to easily track injuries throughout the season, including recurrances or patterns, also if you think 25pages is long you must be new, I still have nightmares trying to get on the forums when we had some real monster threads at 1000+ pages

cookygarcia is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    Ive been eating nonstop since this forum announcement, I now weigh 56stone and use a bedsheet for clothes.
    Sangria FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by cookyaggergarcia View Post
    You laugh, but you should see the state of my bathroom right now, the pipework is destroyed.

I should sue the club for this.