Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Implementation of a Reputation System and Post Feedback Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Fight Cloob View Post
    Terrible post!

(note how the lack of a rep system didn't hinder me in rating your post?)

The rep system is just a big 'ol circle jerk and adds nothing to the quality of debate on this or any other forum.
    I'm sure that's how you rate every post you don't like.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    I'm sure that's how you rate every post you don't like.
    If a post is worth responding to, it's worth responding to.

What is the point of negging posts without giving a reason as to why you disagreed with it's content? It doesn't add to debate, it detracts from it.
    Vorsprung durch gegenpressing

What is the point of negging posts without giving a reason as to why you disagreed with it's content? It doesn't add to debate, it detracts from it.
    Just because it used to ruin your entire day when someone negged you.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider

It was far too complex, so many sub plots going on I seem to recall you could also add a comment to your rep comment it was totally distracting

Personally don't think it adds value to the forum and would make the mods jobs harder

Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    Just because it used to ruin your entire day when someone negged you.
    I was up to my nuts in green mate, gaming the system was a piece of ****, oooh, need some green, I'll post a thread praising Shanks...worthless, silly system that encourages childish, needy behaviour and kills conversation.
    Vorsprung durch gegenpressing

I was up to my nuts in green mate, gaming the system was a piece of ****, oooh, need some green, I'll post a thread praising Shanks...worthless, silly system that encourages childish, needy behaviour and kills conversation.
    There was nothing of the sort and if there was it was a minority. It actually encouraged good posts and quality content. Many of the good posters have now left and I'm sure rep has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    It was far too complex, so many sub plots going on I seem to recall you could also add a comment to your rep comment it was totally distracting

Personally don't think it adds value to the forum and would make the mods jobs harder
    You could add comments initially but they stopped that but it was just greens or reds after that. There was no moderation required.

Last edited by Jannno; 28-8-17 at 23:03. Reason: Homophobic

What about just positive rep - no negative rep.

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Apologies.
    Nearly an infraction free 12 months ....
    Last edited by redhoops; 29-8-17 at 11:18.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    How exactly would bringing back the rep system make the forums fresh and more interesting? This is a genuine question as I do not understand how you believe that would work, Frankly-Mr-Shankly? I understand how the rep system itself works as I was here when it was active - but I do not understand how having it would increase the quality of posts and / or threads?

Are you suggesting that, because people could get a post 'liked', it would get them to increase the quality of what it is they are saying? Could the reverse of that not happen - that being where someone holds back on saying something because they are not sure it will be well received, and therefore would get 'negative rep'?

Also, what if there are posters who you just don't like for whatever reason .. could this not influence you to neg their posts when there are in fact little wrong with them .. or, conversely, just give rep out to posters you do like, irrespective of what it is they are actually posting?

Would be interested to hear the rationale behind your thinking, Frankly-Mr-Shankly?
    This is exactly right. The rep system was a hindrance to people opening up about what they really thought, only for fear of getting these silly red squares.

A poster with a long line of red squares was also more open to abuse, as people viewed them as having a bad reputation so fair game.

You only need look at Lizboy to see this.

I think something needs to be done about the emojis.

There's too much bickering going on in this forum and I'm personally sick and tired of getting dragged into petty arguments because after trying to discuss with one person, someone else decides to butt in with a wise remark and a facepalm, or just a facepalm on its own.

You got posters like Ganymede who post nothing else.

This thread :FP:

Bahahahahahaha :FP:

Oh the stupidity :FP:

It's replies like this that need to be stamped out.

This is meant to be a place to debate football, not to use as a platform for putting people down or starting arguments just for the sake of it.

Who wants to pay 5 a month to constantly have to deal with ignorance and abuse?

What about the people who are currently paying to use this forum but are put off from posting because they see what's going on?

Could be some good posters out there being turned away from the idea so all they do is read.

I think we need stricter rules, longer bans, forum marshal law if you like, until people wisen up and start using this forum as it's meant to be.
    It would be a far better place to be without so many attention seeking trolls who constantly pester other people.

This isn't a criticism of the mods, there's thousands of posts every day, but the rules need tightening for this place to improve.
    It would also make your jobs a lot easier.

I could have been banned for a week now for bickering with bigscouse, rather than only deleting the posts.

I'd also make the minimum ban 1 week.

RE: RedBaros

Gany should be 'negged' for every post regardless of the content

Quote Originally Posted by arwales:REBIRTH View Post
    RE: RedBaros

Gany should be 'negged' for every post regardless of the content
    Look whos back !!

Hi Mr. Hoops

How are things?

Quote Originally Posted by arwales:REBIRTH View Post
    Hi Mr. Hoops

How are things?
    Excellent thank you .
    Recall you being around here same time as 50phead, cumbrain etc . Correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by GARCIASTHUMB View Post
    A better idea come compromise. Kind of like a "thanks" type system, although still very political and somewhat likely to be made juvenile by those implementing it ie users.

And it would only encourage people to post things to be popular, that is the post and the poster. I don't mind different views, expressed sensibly and not trying to put words in your mouth all the time or reading between lines when there is only one, or drawing incorrect conclusions to put or keep you on the opposite side of the argument.

Do we need any kind of system? I come on here to read posts and to post myself, the "experience" doesn't need any enhancement by making it like other social media and forums. Is it some kind of frustration venting function, cause if it is some should try using the internet for frustration release aka master baiting instead of doing the very same thing on here in a very different sense...............
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    A better idea come compromise. Kind of like a "thanks" type system, although still very political and somewhat likely to be made juvenile by those implementing it ie users.

And it would only encourage people to post things to be popular, that is the post and the poster. I don't mind different views, expressed sensibly and not trying to put words in your mouth all the time or reading between lines when there is only one, or drawing incorrect conclusions to put or keep you on the opposite side of the argument.

Do we need any kind of system? I come on here to read posts and to post myself, the "experience" doesn't need any enhancement by making it like other social media and forums. Is it some kind of frustration venting function, cause if it is some should try using the internet for frustration release aka master baiting instead of doing the very same thing on here in a very different sense...............
    I do think that the current one suffices.

We don't need extra comments on posts.

Quote Originally Posted by GARCIASTHUMB View Post
    didn't ebay try that and then retracted it ?

i don;t see how adding rep adds any value to the forum tbh
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    didn't ebay try that and then retracted it ?

i don;t see how adding rep adds any value to the forum tbh
    Someone sold me a video shop copy ("only") video, gave him appropriate feedback and he did t1t for tat. Just shows the pointlessness
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Someone sold me a video shop copy ("only") video, gave him appropriate feedback and he did t1t for tat. Just shows the pointlessness
    yeah it's pointless, i get ebays system but the equivalent in a forum would be choosing whether or not to reply to a poster with a load of red boxes
    dont look back in anger.