Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 451 to 455 of 455

Thread: *The Book Thread - Name the book you're reading and rate the last book you read*

  1. #451  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Icouldhavebeensomeone View Post
    Have you tried Ian Rankin's Rebus novels?
    I have read a few thanks. I prefer The Jardine super hero cop Bob Skinner for Edinburgh coppers!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #452  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I have read a few thanks. I prefer The Jardine super hero cop Bob Skinner for Edinburgh coppers!
    never read them but might give it a go. Rebus is great and gets much better as his character develops. He's also based in and around some of my old uni haunts so it brings back good memories.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #453  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Icouldhavebeensomeone View Post
    never read them but might give it a go. Rebus is great and gets much better as his character develops. He's also based in and around some of my old uni haunts so it brings back good memories.
    Well Skinner (the hero) lives in Gullane and nearly all the stories are mentioning places in the Edinburgh area. Not sure why Rebus never caught me. Although I have enjoyed the stories he has done which started with the book titled "the complaints". I have read first two and enjoyed them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #454  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    39,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Well Skinner (the hero) lives in Gullane and nearly all the stories are mentioning places in the Edinburgh area. Not sure why Rebus never caught me. Although I have enjoyed the stories he has done which started with the book titled "the complaints". I have read first two and enjoyed them.
    I like the Rebus books,although I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed them as much if I hadn't seen the TV series.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #455  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25,186
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    The Bazaar of bad dreams - Stephen King

    A collection of short storys. I always enjoy a short story, I mainly read before bed so I quite like that you can get through a whole story and have the ending and closure to it in one sitting.

    Read two so far.

    Mile 81 - Really loved how he built this story up, even for a short story you got a nice idea about the characters, but I didn't really like the ending, just felt a bit too easy and like he couldn't be bothered and also I thought the way some of the characters reacted didn't really make sense to what was going on.

    Premium Harmony - Bit of a mad one this, a nice look into what married life is for some with quite a dark humorous ending, proper King style.
    Bad Little Kid may be the best Stephen King short story I have read. Loved it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •