Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Marko Grujic

Cardiff are direct so its not always easy for the midfielders to get overly involved, but when they do Ralls is the main man in midfield while Gruijic is playing a supporting role really in staying disciplined and doing the simple things. He's been alright, nothing special
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Riiight...did Houllier call up Ferguson when he signed Kleberson and congratulate him on signing a 'worldie' too?
    They were supposedly two of the biggest young talents around back then, and the mancs were after them too.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    They were supposedly two of the biggest young talents around back then, and the mancs were after them too.
    I know they were highly rated and I remember being excited at the time when we signed them, just messing. Although I do find it hard to believe Ferguson would call up any Liverpool manager and congratulate them about anything tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I know they were highly rated and I remember being excited at the time when we signed them, just messing. Although I do find it hard to believe Ferguson would call up any Liverpool manager and congratulate them about anything tbh.
    Houllier and Kenny seemed to get on ok with him outside of games. Only Rafa seemed to have real needle with him.

It was an interview with Houllier who brought it up. Could have been trolling him i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    To add to my long post above, I also forgot to mention that Marko did not pick up a card last night against Millwall.

After seeing yellow on his debut against Sheff Wed and also yellow again away at Leeds, he stopped the run of bookings finally......

...PROGRESS!

Bet he'll get one now on his "home" league debut against Bolton on Tuesday night and kick it off again. Just as long as it's not Red I suppose?!
    Marko Grujic completed the whole game last night against Bolton as Cardiff won 2-0. Another consecutive game in which he has avoided a booking...he's on a run. Bigger tests to come though starting on Saturday against Middlesbrough who are playoff contenders as oppose to relegation strugglers. Cardiff are now unbeaten in 4 league games (W2 D2) with Grujic starting in all of them.

Unfortunately, I can't give my own view on his performance last night as I couldn't watch the game successfully but I have visited the Cardiff Fan Forums and below are snippets of their reaction which are mainly positive this time round:

"Looked composed and assured in the holding role"

"Does unsung work"

"Played very well"

"He finds pockets easy just getting sharper by the game. Thought he controlled the midfield today. Easy work for him"

"Going to be very important for us...pay Liverpool the fine"

"He seems to have learnt. Just give it to Ralls"

"Grujic made it easy for people around him. I think he has more to give but he's going to be very important in the next few games"

"Very good game from Grujic, starting to get the hang of it now. He looks a very cultured player"

"Grujic showed some nice touches and kept the ball well. I still don't see him as a creator or destroyer though. He just receives the ball, gives it simple and keeps the play ticking over"

"Was excellent tonight and showed some very classy turns to lose markers"

"Done well. Learning the ropes of the Championship"

"Classy player. Lovely touch. Moves the ball well"

"Grujic is so calm in possession"

"Grujic isn't quite the battler but an impressive player"

"Don't know why so many expected him to hit the ground running. He's on an upward curve now"

"Really starting to settle and gain confidence"

"Nice at the final whistle when he went to sign some programmes for the kids"

Neil Warnock stated he thought it was Marko's best game so far.

Hope you all enjoy this update on our Serbian star.

Only around 16,000 in attendance last night, hopefully Cardiff can get a bigger crowd this Saturday against Middlesbrough as they seem certain for a playoff spot this season but of course they'll be looking at automatic promotion no doubt as well.

Marko Grujic completed the whole game last night against Bolton as Cardiff won 2-0. Another consecutive game in which he has avoided a booking...he's on a run. Bigger tests to come though starting on Saturday against Middlesbrough who are playoff contenders as oppose to relegation strugglers. Cardiff are now unbeaten in 4 league games (W2 D2) with Grujic starting in all of them.

Unfortunately, I can't give my own view on his performance last night as I couldn't watch the game successfully but I have visited the Cardiff Fan Forums and below are snippets of their reaction which are mainly positive this time round:

"Does unsung work"

"Played very well"

"He finds pockets easy just getting sharper by the game. Thought he controlled the midfield today. Easy work for him"

"Grujic made it easy for people around him. I think he has more to give but he's going to be very important in the next few games"

"Very good game from Grujic, starting to get the hang of it now. He looks a very cultured player"

"Grujic showed some nice touches and kept the ball well. I still don't see him as a creator or destroyer though. He just receives the ball, gives it simple and keeps the play ticking over"

"Don't know why so many expected him to hit the ground running. He's on an upward curve now"

Only around 16,000 in attendance last night, hopefully Cardiff can get a bigger crowd this Saturday against Middlesbrough as they seem certain for a playoff spot this season but of course they'll be looking at automatic promotion no doubt as well.
    Nice work Frogster, very encouraging by the sounds of that.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

I don't think these are quite the praise you think though:

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I don't think these are quite the praise you think though:

"Does unsung work"

"Played very well"

Nice one. I would also add to this that he won 12 out of 12 aerial duels against Bolton so can be very dominant in the air. If he can just curb his 'Shelvey' side, I still believe we will have a player on our hands. Even though he is being used more as a DM, I think he can be very dangerous going forward as well, and I have always seen him as more of a box-to-box midfielder .. would be really interesting to know what position Klopp sees as being his optimum one.

"Does unsung work"

"Played very well"

Excellent pos. Thanks for keeping us informed. I've always like Grujic, he seemed a bit raw. Getting some good experience now.

Marko Grujic started for Cardiff today against Middlesbrough in front of an 18,720 crowd. He completed 71 minutes before being subbed off for Loic Damour.

Cardiff won narrowly 1-0 thanks to a Sean Morrison header and it was a fully deserved victory against a Boro side featuring Ex Reds Daniel Ayala and Stuart Downing.

With this victory, the Bluebirds are into 2nd spot in the Championship with 14 games left to play. Automatic promotion is within their own hands as of today.

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on Grujic's performance today as I did not view the game but I will browse the Cardiff Fan Forums later to see if there is any reaction on him. Cardiff are still unbeaten in the Championship since our Marko has played for them. (Played 5 Won 3 Drawn 2)

I suspect Marko was taken off early because Cardiff do have another midweek game in the league away to Ipswich on Wednesday night 7:45pm so I can imagine Neil Warnock will be wanting to start him again for that match and hopefully he'll be fresh and raring to go.

Marko Grujic started for Cardiff today against Middlesbrough in front of an 18,720 crowd. He completed 71 minutes before being subbed off for Loic Damour.

Cardiff won narrowly 1-0 thanks to a Sean Morrison header and it was a fully deserved victory against a Boro side featuring Ex Reds Daniel Ayala and Stuart Downing.

With this victory, the Bluebirds are into 2nd spot in the Championship with 14 games left to play. Automatic promotion is within their own hands as of today.

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on Grujic's performance today as I did not view the game but I will browse the Cardiff Fan Forums later to see if there is any reaction on him. Cardiff are still unbeaten in the Championship since our Marko has played for them. (Played 5 Won 3 Drawn 2)

I suspect Marko was taken off early because Cardiff do have another midweek game in the league away to Ipswich on Wednesday night 7:45pm so I can imagine Neil Warnock will be wanting to start him again for that match and hopefully he'll be fresh and raring to go.
    Here's some Cardiff Fan Forum reaction on Marko Grujic (CDM) post the Middlesbrough match:

Mostly all positive again and you would assume all their posters were match day goers....I suppose it is easier to praise your players when your team wins!

"Once he properly finds his feet in the Championship, and he's getting there, I've got a feeling this guy is going to play a big part for us"

"Simply class and just what we need!"

"He's getting better every game. Looking forward to him playing a big part for us in the run in"

"A very good game from him today following on a big improvement against Bolton. Now very assured at the back, simple, classy passing and getting more confident in moving forward. Will be a big player for us from here on in"

"Hope he keeps pushing on"

"He is improving with every game. He controls the midfield with ease. I cannot remember him losing a header since he joined. I think he is over 6 foot which is an imposing sight in midfield for any opposition"

"Agree, very calm and composed on the ball makes things look easy, you see the class in him"

"Except that one 60m pass he attempted to make. Took class to see it but alas the execution didn't match the vision but it was funny to see him slapping himself about when he failed, shows he cares"

Here's some Cardiff Fan Forum reaction on Marko Grujic (CDM) post the Middlesbrough match:

Mostly all positive again and you would assume all their posters were match day goers....I suppose it is easier to praise your players when your team wins!

"Once he properly finds his feet in the Championship, and he's getting there, I've got a feeling this guy is going to play a big part for us"

"He's getting better every game. Looking forward to him playing a big part for us in the run in"

"A very good game from him today following on a big improvement against Bolton. Now very assured at the back, simple, classy passing and getting more confident in moving forward. Will be a big player for us from here on in"

"He is improving with every game. He controls the midfield with ease. I cannot remember him losing a header since he joined. I think he is over 6 foot which is an imposing sight in midfield for any opposition"

"Agree, very calm and composed on the ball makes things look easy, you see the class in him"

"Except that one 60m pass he attempted to make. Took class to see it but alas the execution didn't match the vision but it was funny to see him slapping himself about when he failed, shows he cares"
    That's a positive. If he does not work out here we should be able to double our money on him or more.

Good stuff again, nice one.

I can well see him giving himself a slap and a talking to too. He seems a real interesting character.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'