Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,351 to 1,366 of 1366

Thread: Joel Matip

  1. #1351  
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    513
    ..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1352  
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    another superb display, great decision making
    He was excellent against Everton, like he usually is. What a signing by Klopp. He always looks composed, dominant and assured. I have got to admit I'm 10x more relaxed to see him rather than Sakho at the back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1353  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,006
    hope he puts in a top performance we've seen away from home numerous times
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1354  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,006
    like goliath back there, hope he can get a goal to cap off great performances he produces like that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1355  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    180
    That one scary moment could have coat us some points though. Still, pretty good performance bar that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1356  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,536
    Lovren without Matip = 1.7pts per game average, 1.6 goals per game conceded

    Lovren and Matip together = 2pts per game average, 0.9 goals per game conceded

    Matip without Lovren = 2.25pts per game average, (didn't say goals per game conceded unfortunately)

    (Stats from Simon Brundish on Anfield Index Under Pressure podcast).

    ================================================

    Basically, Lovren playing without Matip really struggles. Lovren and Matip together are a solid partnership. Matip without Lovren = 86pt season!

    Obviously there are many other factors to consider, but safe to say Matip on a free has been a good signing, regardless.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1357  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24,267
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Lovren without Matip = 1.7pts per game average, 1.6 goals per game conceded

    Lovren and Matip together = 2pts per game average, 0.9 goals per game conceded

    Matip without Lovren = 2.25pts per game average, (didn't say goals per game conceded unfortunately)

    (Stats from Simon Brundish on Anfield Index Under Pressure podcast).

    ================================================

    Basically, Lovren playing without Matip really struggles. Lovren and Matip together are a solid partnership. Matip without Lovren = 86pt season!

    Obviously there are many other factors to consider, but safe to say Matip on a free has been a good signing, regardless.
    Although he's about as hardy as a roll of budget toilet paper.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1358  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Knock knock.

    Matip.

    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1359  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,979
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Although he's about as hardy as a roll of budget toilet paper.
    Agreed. It seems that he can't seem to stay fit for more than a game or two without missing time. Not quite Sturridge-esque, but still frustrating that he can't go out there every week for any extended stretch. And this is without all of the extra games in Europe...

    Great signing, but we're still going to need another top-end CB this summer due to the amount of time he misses (and the extra games next season). Also, I think signing a solid, quality CM/DM to help shield the back line is a must this summer. Having someone to help breakup opposing attacks before they even get to our defense will go a long way to improving not just our back line, but will take the pressure off our keepers, as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1360  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,006
    haven't lost a league game with matip starting that's why it's a surprise
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1361  
    TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,913
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    haven't lost a league game with matip starting that's why it's a surprise
    Even if you meant "hadn't" what about Leicester (Matip started).....?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39024318
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1362  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    haven't lost a league game with matip starting that's why it's a surprise
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Even if you meant "hadn't" what about Leicester (Matip started).....?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39024318
    Darkness is right. I think the stat you have mis-stated is until yesterday the partnership of Matip and Lovren was unbeaten in the league I believe.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1363  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    614
    I think Matip is carrying an injury. The way he moved to try and stop the cross from Cabeye looked uncomfortable.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1364  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,006
    I can see why people say he's quality
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1365  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    I think Matip is carrying an injury. The way he moved to try and stop the cross from Cabeye looked uncomfortable.
    As someone who suffered from a back problems for a very long time, you could see in the warm up how much he struggled to stretch towards his toes. just my opinion on what I noticed
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1366  
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    513
    Nice to finally have some real centre back height in the defense and someone that is good in the air.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •