Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Forums Transfer Committee: Thread 1 - Scouting Reports.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Oh and on Izzo I forgot to say, he has a mild Beckenbauer complex. Though it's usually not a bad thing.
    Did you see Jefferson's nickname and the uproar about it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    It depends on the exposure more than the age for me.

I would certainly have Mustafi and Musacchio as top targets due to their readiness to play right now and because they seem very special to me. After that I wouldn't hesitate with someone like Bruma. He has the qualities, age and the experience. Laporte, despite his age, has played a lot of games really so it wouldn't be a problem.

However, it seems that Matip will be the one to come in. Now, if we really want to rip it up we could sign Matip and still sign someone to partner him. Don't forget that Houllier came in and signed Hyypia, Henchoz and Hamman all in the same revamping window.
    I think I'd favour Bruma over Musacchio in all honesty. I really like his physicality and I think it may even trump Musacchio's determination. I'd probably look to pair him with a Mustafi or even a Riedewald; a bit more of a cultured cb.

Still, I would be very tempted for an Italian cb like Izzo or Romagnoli. They seem very well balanced.

Did you see Jefferson's nickname and the uproar about it?
    No, what happened?

I think I'd favour Bruma over Musacchio in all honesty. I really like his physicality and I think it may even trump Musacchio's determination. I'd probably look to pair him with a Mustafi or even a Riedewald; a bit more of a cultured cb.

Still, I would be very tempted for an Italian cb like Izzo or Romagnoli. They seem very well balanced.
    Romagnoli has just signed for Milan so I'm not sure he'd be an option. He also doesn't seem like a finished article to me. There is the nice left footed passing and all, but the defending side isn't there yet.

No, what happened?
    Sorry it's Jemerson, not Jefferson.

Romagnoli has just signed for Milan so I'm not sure he'd be an option. He also doesn't seem like a finished article to me. There is the nice left footed passing and all, but the defending side isn't there yet.
    Really? in what aspects?

He reminds me a bit of the legendary defenders of years gone by in his demeanour. He's always alert and on the front foot it seems to me, rather than merely reacting to a series of threats as they occur.

Really? in what aspects?

He reminds me a bit of the legendary defenders of years gone by in his demeanour. He's always alert and on the front foot it seems to me, rather than merely reacting to a series of threats as they occur.
    There is just something about him that doesn't convince me. He's like Bonucci 5-6 years ago in that he never really stood out in a team. I find Romangoli to be much better when Milan are on top and he can spread the passes. But he's so young and has tried so much already that it's possible he'll be amazing in a couple of years.

There is just something about him that doesn't convince me. He's like Bonucci 5-6 years ago in that he never really stood out in a team. I find Romangoli to be much better when Milan are on top and he can spread the passes. But he's so young and has tried so much already that it's possible he'll be amazing in a couple of years.
    I'd feel more confident if he were at Juve, but I really do think he has huge talent.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    I also forgot Van Beek. Another very good Dutch centreback.
    He's the real deal for me. My pick of the Dutch defenders.

Veltman reminds me a little of Jan Verthongen - which is no bad thing.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    What are peeps thoughts on Marquinhos (PSG)?

He seems a very cool customer and is he really going to usurp Silva/Luiz from the centre of PSG's defence?

Quote Originally Posted by cristinabenteke View Post

He seems a very cool customer and is he really going to usurp Silva/Luiz from the centre of PSG's defence?
    Top class defender.

Quote Originally Posted by cristinabenteke View Post

Hasn't he played as many games as the bumbling ex Chelsea joke this season ?

Top defender. He's got a brain and not one for rash challenges with yellows and reds thrown his way .
    I like him.

Tah playing well, but I am a tad concerned with his pace. Lewandowski would have had him then without a covering cb and Coman roasted him earlier.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    A shift away from the CB crop, I'm suggesting a player from Eredivisie Hakim Ziyech from Twente.

Analysis

1. An attacking mid 22 yrs old who's been playing for Twente. Has a Mahrez style physique and we all love us some Mahrez. Though I think he is a bit taller and like Mahrez despite the lean look he isn't weak.

2. Has been filling cup the stat sheet since his move to Twente. I think in his career to date he has 88 appearances with 34 goals and 33 assists.

3. He's not got the most pace, but has these long strides which can allow him to ge just enough separation, but is lacking that game breaking speed.

4. Crafty is the best way I can describe him. Always looks to create, isn't necessarily a safety first kinda player. Can be a bit sloppy as well and sometimes overdoes it.

5. Wouldn't be a terribly expensive option, but as we've seen in the past not all players who do well in Eredivisie cut it in other leagues.

He's one of those players who has outgrown Dutch football in that he's constantly produced at a very high level.

Technically excellent and yes, a tad slow at times. I'm mostly not sure about his position. He plays in the middle, but finds himself drifting all over the place and often even from the right. If he can become a central midfielder I think he could really kick it up a notch. In a wide position I fear he isn't going to go past people often enough in a stronger league. But would I sign him? Yes I would. At the first opportunity.

Do we actually pick from amongst the suggestions or anything?

I mean, after suggesting lots of cbs, do we collectively decide which we'd pursue, or?

Genoa and Izzo drew 0-0 with Lazio yesterday.

Do we actually pick from amongst the suggestions or anything?

I mean, after suggesting lots of cbs, do we collectively decide which we'd pursue, or?
    At some point, yes.

Scouting East Kilbride today .

Southampton have stopped watching Celtic , a dire team right now .

He's one of those players who has outgrown Dutch football in that he's constantly produced at a very high level.

Technically excellent and yes, a tad slow at times. I'm mostly not sure about his position. He plays in the middle, but finds himself drifting all over the place and often even from the right. If he can become a central midfielder I think he could really kick it up a notch. In a wide position I fear he isn't going to go past people often enough in a stronger league. But would I sign him? Yes I would. At the first opportunity.
    Yeah he drifts like crazy. One min he's on the left the next on the right. It's both good and not so good in that you like the versatility but also to play in the EPL you also need a bit of tactical discipline. I think in a 3 man midfield he'd be a good fit as opposed to a two man midfield.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Scouting East Kilbride today .

Southampton have stopped watching Celtic , a dire team right now .
    I'm really liking to look of Van Dijk since he went to Southampton. Very impressive.

Since it all seems a bit random, here's a 'report' on Adam Ounas of Bordeaux. He's a left-footed right-sided wide player.

Video of him vs Rennes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdeZQ9gjLQ
    Vs Angers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T0UxsxIrZ0
    Vs Lille
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kM1nfn_MeU

As you can see, despite his weird running style he's deceptively quick and his close control is excellent. What I think truly suggests he'll be a top level player is the slickness of his passing and how easy he sees a pass, even if sometimes his youthfulness means he ignores it and shoots. His technique is of course excellent.

The hype around him is yet to really build up and, along with Ousmane Dembele (aged 18, at Rennes) he seems to me to be a very interesting option out wide. Dembele is pretty similar in his passing ability, and is also quick, and actually more powerful.

It's not ideal to be signing such young players (Ounas is 19), but I can't see too many older alternatives. For me, their type of player is exactly what we lack; pacey players out wide who can both go past people and also pick out players in the box along the floor (and if necessary aerially). Not only that, but they're goal threats, or will be. Though as I say, they're young and would be cheap options that we can bed in whilst we spend the bulk of our funds on the spine of our side.

Whilst still at an age that can go either way, Ounas could easily be world class.
    Last edited by Liverdinner; 8-2-16 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    I'm really liking to look of Van Dijk since he went to Southampton. Very impressive.
    He''s a player .
    We could have done with him , and don't get me started on the keeper !!!!!!

Since it all seems a bit random, here's a 'report' on Adam Ounas of Bordeaux. He's a left-footed right-sided wide player.

Video of him vs Rennes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdeZQ9gjLQ
    Vs Angers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T0UxsxIrZ0
    Vs Lille
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kM1nfn_MeU

As you can see, despite his weird running style he's deceptively quick and his close control is excellent. What I think truly suggests he'll be a top level player is the slickness of his passing and how easy he sees a pass, even if sometimes his youthfulness means he ignores it and shoots. His technique is of course excellent.

The hype around him is yet to really build up and, along with Ousmane Dembele (aged 18, at Rennes) he seems to me to be a very interesting option out wide. Dembele is pretty similar in his passing ability, and is also quick, and actually more powerful.

It's not ideal to be signing such young players (Ounas is 19), but I can't see too many older alternatives. For me, their type of player is exactly what we lack; pacey players out wide who can both go past people and also pick out players in the box along the floor (and if necessary aerially). Not only that, but they're goal threats, or will be. Though as I say, they're young and would be cheap options that we can bed in whilst we spend the bulk of our funds on the spine of our side.

Whilst still at an age that can go either way, Ounas could easily be world class.
    I absolutely agree on Ounas. You watch Bordeaux and the first time he gets the ball you go "wait a minute, who is this guy?". He drifts all over the right side and inside right and his ball control makes it difficult for his markers as he constantly finds an extra second for himself.

I've talked Dembele before too. Watched him again this weekend and the guy, at 18 and only having played a handfull of games, steps up an takes the penalty like he's been the captain for years. I don't even know whether Dembele is a winger or a striker, but they can't stop him.

A guy I'd pick out, especially for our problem position in the middle is, Mahmoud Dahoud.

The "kid" has only played about 30 or so senior games, but to be able to go in with such limited experienced, play the way he does - he isn't strong, big or particularly quick - and still dominate games is astonishing. Especially if you look at how he played the bigger games this season like Juventus, Hertha or most recently Bremen.

He's one of those players who just makes the time stop when the ball goes towards him in the middle. Usually he can control the ball and turn in one motion and from there he makes options for himself. Usually players fear playing in tight spaces, but he will either spread the ball wide or , if needed, just stroll through the middle. The first touch is sublime and he has a very high football IQ in that no movement is for showing off.

I think what he lacks now is a few more games, perhaps a few games where he really takes some physical hits just so he can learn what is expected of him once they start marking him. Apart from that, I think everything else will come. His game is not based on anything physical, and while his body will grow still, he doesn't need more muscle.

Within a year or two, if not sooner, some manager at a big club will look to him to lead his midfield.

A guy I'd pick out, especially for our problem position in the middle is, Mahmoud Dahoud.

The "kid" has only played about 30 or so senior games, but to be able to go in with such limited experienced, play the way he does - he isn't strong, big or particularly quick - and still dominate games is astonishing. Especially if you look at how he played the bigger games this season like Juventus, Hertha or most recently Bremen.

He's one of those players who just makes the time stop when the ball goes towards him in the middle. Usually he can control the ball and turn in one motion and from there he makes options for himself. Usually players fear playing in tight spaces, but he will either spread the ball wide or , if needed, just stroll through the middle. The first touch is sublime and he has a very high football IQ in that no movement is for showing off.

I think what he lacks now is a few more games, perhaps a few games where he really takes some physical hits just so he can learn what is expected of him once they start marking him. Apart from that, I think everything else will come. His game is not based on anything physical, and while his body will grow still, he doesn't need more muscle.

Within a year or two, if not sooner, some manager at a big club will look to him to lead his midfield.
    Yes. Dahoud not Xhaka is the player I really like from Gladbach. Assured is the best way I can describe him. He's got some much confidence in his own ability that I never see him panic ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Yes. Dahoud not Xhaka is the player I really like from Gladbach. Assured is the best way I can describe him. He's got some much confidence in his own ability that I never see him panic ever.
    We already have a Xhaka in Emre Can. An identical player.

We already have a Xhaka in Emre Can. An identical player.
    Dahoud is the type of midfielder which can allow us to play 2 in midfield again instead of the 3 we are currently deploying. He's basically a slightly more skilled Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Dahoud is the type of midfielder which can allow us to play 2 in midfield again instead of the 3 we are currently deploying. He's basically a slightly more skilled Allen.
    He's Joe Allen with a purpose.

I think some manager who really wants to play possession football on his own terms will sign him. Perhaps an Ancelotti, Blanc or Guardiola.

Looking at a potential upgrade on Clyne, my first choice would be Mitchell Weiser who's playing at Hertha.

Analysis:

1. Was playing at Bayern last season.

2. Excellent attacking instincts and has almost flawless technique.

3. He is a bit young (21) but I think he's already better than Clyne IMO.

Wouldn't have signed Clyne to begin with. There were several better options and some of them cheaper too.