Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 298

Thread: LFC Forums Transfer Committee: Thread 1 - Scouting Reports.

  1. #211  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Dembele is insanity. I have never seen a guy destroying teams one by one week by week with zero experience. I don't understand his consistency.
    Bit of a lucky goal tonight mind.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #212  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,967
    I still haven't managed to see Ousmane Dembele play. What's he like and where does he play?

    Who Scored had him down as a No.10 yesterday.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #213  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I still haven't managed to see Ousmane Dembele play. What's he like and where does he play?

    Who Scored had him down as a No.10 yesterday.
    I have no idea. He is just on the pitch and he destroys everybody in his path. Not only does he not have a position, he doesn't even have a preferred foot.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #214  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I have no idea. He is just on the pitch and he destroys everybody in his path. Not only does he not have a position, he doesn't even have a preferred foot.
    Haha, sounds good.

    I'll have to keep an eye out next time Rennes are playing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #215  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    23,894
    Quote Originally Posted by cristinabenteke View Post
    Right peeps, lets go with this...


    Horn

    Aurier - Matip - Sakho - Kurzawa


    Are we turning Psg into our new Southampton?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #216  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Haha, sounds good.

    I'll have to keep an eye out next time Rennes are playing.
    Dembele is more complete than your standard winger. He's basically a threat, whether he's out wide or in the whole. His got explosiveness, but also that subtlety you need when playing in the hole.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #217  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    I really like Danilo at Valencia. I think he could be a top player. Very strong and steely defensively, but with samba flair.

    Also just seen that Atleti have signed Diogo Jota from Pacos De Fereira. He's hugely rated in Portugal and looks good when I have had a glimpse.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #218  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,458
    Dembele going to Bayern? shame if true but where does that leave Coman?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #219  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Dembele going to Bayern? shame if true but where does that leave Coman?
    It really won't affect Coman much. He'll still play a lot of games. Him, Costa, and Dembele would be fearsome.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #220  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    It really won't affect Coman much. He'll still play a lot of games. Him, Costa, and Dembele would be fearsome.
    He's only on loan though, do they have an option to buy?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #221  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    He's only on loan though, do they have an option to buy?
    Yes. 2 yr loan with an option to buy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #222  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Yes. 2 yr loan with an option to buy.
    They'll defiantly be taking that up then! Dembele and Coman will be the new Robben and Ribery.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #223  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    They'll defiantly be taking that up then! Dembele and Coman will be the new Robben and Ribery.
    Bayern love their wingers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #224  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27,390
    Has the committee been disbanded or something?
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #225  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgatdF2oH8I

    Ante Coric vs Spain u21s.

    CB mentions him a lot and I thought it's interesting to see him against well established players that play in big leagues. Oliver Torres is in the Spain team, for example.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #226  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgatdF2oH8I

    Ante Coric vs Spain u21s.

    CB mentions him a lot and I thought it's interesting to see him against well established players that play in big leagues. Oliver Torres is in the Spain team, for example.
    I'm not pro or Ante Coric.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #227  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #228  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36,922
    This idea died a death then
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #229  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by cristinabenteke View Post
    This idea died a death then
    Yeah it did.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #230  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Samperio anyone? Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #231  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Samperio anyone? Thoughts?
    Don't know much of him, except that he plays for Mainz. Maybe you could write up a bit on him and kick start this thread.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #232  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    I haven't seen really any Eredivisie this season, so can someone tell me if Milik is the real deal?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #233  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Right, what with all the Zielinski talk I thought I'd mention my preferred CM again; teammate Leandro Paredes

    * First off though, I should say that Zielinski is a cracking player too*

    Obligatory video of him bossing it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNvYQEDTIY

    What I like most about him is simply his composure and awareness. He doesn't panic and just get rid to whoever is nearest when he is closed down, he backs his skill and turns away from them in order to free up a pass or to progress down the field. He always maintains forward momentum when possible. He wants to progress down the field. Moreover he know where all his teammates are instinctively (it's bordering supernatural), as well as the opposition. This individual ability is what I crave for our midfield. The second feature of his play I like is how he is so adept at playing the ball through the lines and taking the opposition midfield out of the game. He's already a master of it. It's just so useful for starting attacks. Imo he's the new Verratti, if I dare use such monikers. We missed out on the first, let's not miss out here.

    What's the catch then eh? Well, he can be quite lazy. Often-times you'll see him just trotting back rather than busting a gut, as if he knows he's too good for it. Fans hate this and I'm sure Klopp would too. IF he came here, he certainly wouldn't be doing that. Secondly, there's also the Serie A thing. Perhaps a nothing phobia, but it is true that he doesn't get physically combated as much as he would here. Can he handle the pace of the PL? I'd say so, but there's no guarantee and his game isn't as movement-based as Zielinski's.

    Ultimately, buy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #234  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Don't know much of him, except that he plays for Mainz. Maybe you could write up a bit on him and kick start this thread.
    Right

    Jairo Samperio; a nippy and tricky Spanish left-winger. Age: 22.

    Obligatory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQzSO60ZJKc

    From the same Bundesliga team as Karius (Mainz), Samperio's the type of player I think we're lacking in our attack. He's quick, he goes past people, he's a goal threat but he can make an incisive pass; basically, he can provide quality and pace out wide. Not only is he quick in running, he's sharp mentally. He'll anticipate defenders coming in and turn them, and he does see a pass quick;y. He ended the season with 7 goals in 31 games (and 5 assists), which is a marked improvement on his previous tally of 2. In fact, his goals per minutes ratio is pretty much the same as Gotze's . In all seriousness, it's not a bad tally and works out as a goal every 270 minutes. He also got 5 assists if they're your thing, some of them of high quality. What you can see in the above video is that he's keen to attack the box. I've often felt that we have had long-standing issues in attacking in numbers.

    It must be mentioned that he's not a top player and he'd essentially be a cheap option to give us just something out wide, but I do feel like he's very talented, albeit frustrating in that he doesn't always deliver. I think if we added Samperio, he'd be there to give us an option rather than to come in and boss it. The main reason I'd consider signing him is that I can genuinely see few alternatives of real quality. Now Dembele is gone there is no player out there that screams 'buy me' (when talking of quick wide players; Gotze is not counted here). He's a bit like Rafa Silva but he seems to score more goals and in a tougher league. I'd expect a fee of no more than 10mil, and I'd be content with that for now, especially if we brought in a very talented kid like Ounas to be understudy.
    Last edited by Liverdinner; 17-5-16 at 12:32.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #235  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Right

    Jairo Samperio; a nippy and tricky Spanish left-winger. Age: 22.

    Obligatory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQzSO60ZJKc

    From the same Bundesliga team as Karius (Mainz), Samperio's the type of player I think we're lacking in our attack. He's quick, he goes past people, he's a goal threat but he can make an incisive pass; basically, he can provide quality and pace out wide. Not only is he quick in running, he's sharp mentally. He'll anticipate defenders coming in and turn them, and he does see a pass quick;y. He ended the season with 7 goals in 31 games (and 5 assists), which is a marked improvement on his previous tally of 2. In fact, his goals per minutes ratio is pretty much the same as Gotze's . In all seriousness, it's not a bad tally and works out as a goal every 270 minutes. He also got 5 assists if they're your thing, some of them of high quality. What you can see in the above video is that he's keen to attack the box. I've often felt that we have had long-standing issues in attacking in numbers.

    It must be mentioned that he's not a top player and he'd essentially be a cheap option to give us just something out wide, but I do feel like he's very talented, albeit frustrating in that he doesn't always deliver. I think if we added Samperio, he'd be there to give us an option rather than to come in and boss it. The main reason I'd consider signing him is that I can genuinely see few alternatives of real quality. Now Dembele is gone there is no player out there that screams 'buy me' (when talking of quick wide players; Gotze is not counted here). He's a bit like Rafa Silva but he seems to score more goals and in a tougher league. I'd expect a fee of no more than 10mil, and I'd be content with that for now, especially if we brought in a very talented kid like Ounas to be understudy.
    There are things about him that look decent, but also things that look a bit lucky that they come off. You can't argue with the production.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #236  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    There are things about him that look decent, but also things that look a bit lucky that they come off. You can't argue with the production.
    How so?

    I know he mis****s an 'assist' and the keeper fumbles a cross, but otherwise.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #237  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    46,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    How so?

    I know he mis****s an 'assist' and the keeper fumbles a cross, but otherwise.
    Its very slight. From the video and a few others I saw that sometimes he plays a bit too fast. I'm just nitpicking from a a highlights video, I'd prefer a match compilation, but there aren't many or any ones out there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #238  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    823
    Seems like we have been here before , last summer??? , Lots and Lots of speculation as to who is coming, who we have bid for, who we want as top priority who is a marque signing ???? this is all just a rouse to keep the fans guessing , if we bought every one that the press has linked us with we would have a squad of about 50 or more ?? I really hope Jurgan Klopp has his finger on the pulse regarding who he ACTUALLY wants and we do not miss out because we are too slow , as the normal Liverpool way previously . It really will be interesting to see just WHO actually arrives , so far all the big clubs (Man City , Man Untd , Arsenal ,Chelsea ) seem to have got the march on Liverpool and signed up all the top players yet again ???? which is to be expected as we have NO Euro involvement this coming season . Its going to be a very hard season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #239  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Right

    Jairo Samperio; a nippy and tricky Spanish left-winger. Age: 22.

    Obligatory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQzSO60ZJKc

    From the same Bundesliga team as Karius (Mainz), Samperio's the type of player I think we're lacking in our attack. He's quick, he goes past people, he's a goal threat but he can make an incisive pass; basically, he can provide quality and pace out wide. Not only is he quick in running, he's sharp mentally. He'll anticipate defenders coming in and turn them, and he does see a pass quick;y. He ended the season with 7 goals in 31 games (and 5 assists), which is a marked improvement on his previous tally of 2. In fact, his goals per minutes ratio is pretty much the same as Gotze's . In all seriousness, it's not a bad tally and works out as a goal every 270 minutes. He also got 5 assists if they're your thing, some of them of high quality. What you can see in the above video is that he's keen to attack the box. I've often felt that we have had long-standing issues in attacking in numbers.

    It must be mentioned that he's not a top player and he'd essentially be a cheap option to give us just something out wide, but I do feel like he's very talented, albeit frustrating in that he doesn't always deliver. I think if we added Samperio, he'd be there to give us an option rather than to come in and boss it. The main reason I'd consider signing him is that I can genuinely see few alternatives of real quality. Now Dembele is gone there is no player out there that screams 'buy me' (when talking of quick wide players; Gotze is not counted here). He's a bit like Rafa Silva but he seems to score more goals and in a tougher league. I'd expect a fee of no more than 10mil, and I'd be content with that for now, especially if we brought in a very talented kid like Ounas to be understudy.
    Looks quick and I want us to add a bit of pace to the attacking trio. I think alot of our issues can be sorted out by solving the midfield, however against Sevilla in the final (and others) we would have benefitted from being able to use pacier players behind Sturridge to help him, and the team, stretch the play. Instead, the narrow 3 meant it was easy to close us if the ball got forward; it meant the width had to come from fullback which Sevilla exploited; and it also meant that so long as they held their nerve the Sevilla FBs didnt have too much worry as Lallana and Coutinho drifted more central.

    Id have liked a Sterling in that scenario. It would also help us get out faster rather than Sturridge being the only, and obvious, outlet.

    If Klopp wants to persist with his "technical dribblers" (sorry, cant think of a better term but you know what I mean) in Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana (or Gotze!) as his trio then fine. I get it and on its day it can work. But id still have a couple of pacier players to bring on - or start, against teams like WHU and Palace who seem to nullify our controlled build up quite easily.

    Players like this guy you have mentioned, Sterling before he left, and Sturridge (albeit he is up top) who can offer something alone, a little more ... "maverick" than Coutinho or Firmino, who though have good feet and can work space, also are a sucker for a quick interchange and need people around them.

    Have you gents seen much of Musonda? On loan at Betis last season but owned by Chelsea. Looks like a trickier version of Sterling (pace, control...little end product as yet). Might be cheap as he wont get in the Chelsea side but could replace Ibe (who isnt showing enough sign of improvement for me) as the pacey option from the bench.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #240  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday View Post
    Looks quick and I want us to add a bit of pace to the attacking trio. I think alot of our issues can be sorted out by solving the midfield, however against Sevilla in the final (and others) we would have benefitted from being able to use pacier players behind Sturridge to help him, and the team, stretch the play. Instead, the narrow 3 meant it was easy to close us if the ball got forward; it meant the width had to come from fullback which Sevilla exploited; and it also meant that so long as they held their nerve the Sevilla FBs didnt have too much worry as Lallana and Coutinho drifted more central.

    Id have liked a Sterling in that scenario. It would also help us get out faster rather than Sturridge being the only, and obvious, outlet.

    If Klopp wants to persist with his "technical dribblers" (sorry, cant think of a better term but you know what I mean) in Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana (or Gotze!) as his trio then fine. I get it and on its day it can work. But id still have a couple of pacier players to bring on - or start, against teams like WHU and Palace who seem to nullify our controlled build up quite easily.

    Players like this guy you have mentioned, Sterling before he left, and Sturridge (albeit he is up top) who can offer something alone, a little more ... "maverick" than Coutinho or Firmino, who though have good feet and can work space, also are a sucker for a quick interchange and need people around them.

    Have you gents seen much of Musonda? On loan at Betis last season but owned by Chelsea. Looks like a trickier version of Sterling (pace, control...little end product as yet). Might be cheap as he wont get in the Chelsea side but could replace Ibe (who isnt showing enough sign of improvement for me) as the pacey option from the bench.
    I think you're spot on about the final. Also, had we had a quick wide player on the left, their right back Mariano would have been pushed back a lot more. Or more hesitant to get forward at the very least.

    Musonda looks really interesting. I'm just not sure we could get him from Chelsea.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •