Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre Can Thread

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppyright View Post
    We need our home grown quoter , Hendo is one of the best English players right now . I don't think there is any chance he will be sold.
    Not saying a lot (although I'd even disagree that he is).

Henderson needs to improve massively. He has this injury of course, which isn't helping but I wasn't really at all impressed with him last season either. He does a lot of the running, but does he ever really win the ball back too often? I'd love to see some stats on that.

I'd have Can in the team before him every time. Can is better on the ball, a lot braver with it, can carry it forward, puts himself about, loves a tackle and in time I think he'll start scoring more, too.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    He's English, so perhaps he will not be shipped out, but him being one of the better English midfielders (not English players in general) says more about England's poor central midfield than it does about Henderson. Alli can play there though, and regardless of his lack of experience in the top flight, he's clearly the superior player.

As for the question, it would have to be Can. I haven't rated Henderson from the beginning, but I'll give him credit for a good campaign in the 13/14 season. He also had some decent stats last season, but that masked over his sub standard performances.

Henderson can do ok in a team full of talent, where he doesn't have to fulfil (to a high standard) the broad spectrum of a central midfielders tasks. Look at who was surrounding him in 2013/14; he had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling (in the form of his life), Coutinho, and Gerrard. He was able to play his high energy game and when he had the ball he simply needed to lay it off to one of the aforementioned.

I know Henderson is a favourite for some, but I find it difficult to believe that you'd see any worth had he been playing for another team. He seems to lack control and composure, especially when under just a little bit of pressure. His passing is ok, but again, below par when under a little bit of pressure, he's negative with the ball way too much, his interplay and general vision are lacking, and his movement on the ball in nearly nonexistent.

It says a lot when it's easier to list what Henderson seems to struggle with, as appose to what Can excels in. I like Can though, although he's still a bit raw, he's coming along nicely, and against City, Can absolutely bossed that midfield with a dominant performance.
    He's done that on a few occasions this season, whereas it's difficult to remember Henderson ever doing it. I agree Henderson has a place in a team with talent all around him, but when he's asked to be one of our main players, he falters. Even when we beat Villa 6, or City 3-0 the other night, I still wasn't impressed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    He's done that on a few occasions this season, whereas it's difficult to remember Henderson ever doing it. I agree Henderson has a place in a team with talent all around him, but when he's asked to be one of our main players, he falters. Even when we beat Villa 6, or City 3-0 the other night, I still wasn't impressed with him.
    I've received instruction from The Missus to the effect that she still doesn't care for Henderson. She reckons he just doesn't do enough on the pitch... too much aimless passing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I've received instruction from The Missus to the effect that she still doesn't care for Henderson. She reckons he just doesn't do enough on the pitch... too much aimless passing etc.
    Like I said earlier mate - where are most of our transfer targets directed - midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Like I said earlier mate - where are most of our transfer targets directed - midfield
    You know my pet peeve, Ron..... first get that defence and GK replaced with an 'iron curtain'......

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Last season Henderson scored more premier goals and had more assists than coutinho, now one is world class and the other is useless I just don't understand, he's carrying a foot injury this season and it's obvious he's not playing like he's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Last season Henderson scored more premier goals and had more assists than coutinho, now one is world class and the other is useless I just don't understand, he's carrying a foot injury this season and it's obvious he's not playing like he's capable of.
    Coutinho's Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Your missus is a good judge, Dave. I don't think he does enough either, he doesn't really impact games at all. He's been trying far too many Hollywood balls recently, too and they rarely come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Just goes to show stats aren't everything, eh?

I wouldn't say Henderson is useless, but I think he'd be easy to upgrade. I wouldn't say the same about Coutinho.

Coutinho's Brazilian
    Crazy fans.

Just goes to show stats aren't everything, eh?

I wouldn't say Henderson is useless, but I think he'd be easy to upgrade. I wouldn't say the same about Coutinho.
    That's what happens when you ignore stats and facts and plump for your favorite player.

That's what happens when you ignore stats and facts and plump for your favorite player.
    Or actually watch the games.

Or actually watch the games.
    I do and Hendo works much harder than Coutinho and adds just as many goals and assists to the team. And Hendo plays deeper , Coutinho has similar figures from one of the more advanced attacking roles. Id say that makes Hendo's contribution pretty impressive.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz123 View Post
    Neither should be starting for us surely.. and only Can has the "potential" to be a "squad" player even.

In most lenient of scenarios a top team would sell Hendo and loan Can to develop elsewhere.
    ?

Others have noticed it

Henderson and Can – Struggling in a ‘2’?
    http://anfieldindex.com/21660/hender...ggling-2.html?

I do and Hendo works much harder than Coutinho and adds just as many goals and assists to the team. And Hendo plays deeper , Coutinho has similar figures from one of the more advanced attacking roles. Id say that makes Hendo's contribution pretty impressive.
    I can't even be bothered with you today. You win.

I can't even be bothered with you today. You win.
    Why is it always about winning or losing , you don't have to make an argument out of every discussion. We can have a civilized chat and we can both be correct , its only my opinion it doesn't mean yours is wrong.

Why is it always about winning or losing , you don't have to make an argument out of every discussion. We can have a civilized chat and we can both be correct , its only my opinion it doesn't mean yours is wrong.
    It will go around in circles and be extremely tedious. It always does with you. I can't be bothered.

It will go around in circles and be extremely tedious. It always does with you. I can't be bothered.
    A discussion with two sides to the debate usually does.

A discussion with two sides to the debate usually does.
    Even this is tedious. I'm out.

Even this is tedious. I'm out.
    Ill let you have the last word , this time !.

I'm massively surprised LFC fans have not cottoned on to just how well Henderson and Can are doing together. Henderson is definitely not as fit as pre injury but tactically he's accommodated incredibly well. In fact he and Can have given a master class in how to play two centrally and cover a press.

Playing with two centre mids is tough now. However when you have solid full backs either side of your central players it allows the front four to press like mad. Henderson and Can not only have to protect centre backs, help full backs, cover the press they have to do that at such high tempo as not to leave spaces.

Then when in possession they have to keep it simple and keep the game ticking over and they've been superb at it. Don't expect dazzling moments of flair from them that's not what is required in this system but if they keep doing what they have been doing expect a very strong finish to the season.

We need our home grown quoter , Hendo is one of the best English players right now . I don't think there is any chance he will be sold.
    Are you for real?

Henderson will struggle to get in the squad for the euros imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I'm massively surprised LFC fans have not cottoned on to just how well Henderson and Can are doing together. Henderson is definitely not as fit as pre injury but tactically he's accommodated incredibly well. In fact he and Can have given a master class in how to play two centrally and cover a press.

Playing with two centre mids is tough now. However when you have solid full backs either side of your central players it allows the front four to press like mad. Henderson and Can not only have to protect centre backs, help full backs, cover the press they have to do that at such high tempo as not to leave spaces.

Then when in possession they have to keep it simple and keep the game ticking over and they've been superb at it. Don't expect dazzling moments of flair from them that's not what is required in this system but if they keep doing what they have been doing expect a very strong finish to the season.
    Agree with this. People underestimate Henderson. He is not quite up to speed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Are you for real?

Henderson will struggle to get in the squad for the euros imo.
    I dont think so.

I dont think so.
    We'll see who plays in MF for the euros then.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    We'll see who plays in MF for the euros then.
    With Hodgson in charge i haven't ruled myself out yet.

Keep up the training and you never know,

Send in a 'highlights' video