Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 2,101 to 2,117 of 2117

Thread: Emre Can Thread

I am liking what he brings to the games , I can see him growing into a top player with a steady run in the team over the next year.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

brainless . Get rid

Someone else wants to come with comments like "Can is good enough in defending to be our first choice DM". He can't defend for life...

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    Someone else wants to come with comments like "Can is good enough in defending to be our first choice DM". He can't defend for life...
    He along with a few other players today are on my list of awful performances.

Quote Originally Posted by laura6035 View Post
    I am liking what he brings to the games , I can see him growing into a top player with a steady run in the team over the next year.
    What about today?

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    He along with a few other players today are on my list of awful performances today.
    But no, wait for one good performance so everyone turns into "he's class" bandwagon.

But no, wait for one good performance so everyone turns into "he's class" bandwagon.
    He's been good in the last couple of games but today he was just poor along with a few other players.

He's been good in the last couple of games but today he was just poor along with a few other players.
    That's his problem....either brilliant or absolutely nowhere. FAR TOO INCONSISTENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    That's his problem....either brilliant or absolutely nowhere. FAR TOO INCONSISTENT!
    This can be said about plenty of our players to be fair.

This can be said about plenty of our players to be fair.
    Well that's true but he is particularly jekyll and hyde

Don't think he was that bad today tbh.

He was poor and although he has had a few decent games I think if we get an offer we should sell, perhaps the only way I would keep him is if he was prepared to take that sort of 3rd reserve spot off Lucas and thats never going to happen, he is pushing for first 11 and in my view not good enough or never will be.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Other than gifting them a free goal he was ok.
    "Nobody can beat us!" - Jurgen Klopp. 31/01/2017.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Surprised, I honestly thought he was awful, for sure Lovren grabs the headlines for shocking but Can looked lost lethargic and void of even the basics, I think Klopp has his work cut out this summer to sort this lot out.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Surprised, I honestly thought he was awful, for sure Lovren grabs the headlines for shocking but Can looked lost lethargic and void of even the basics, I think Klopp has his work cut out this summer to sort this lot out.
    I know Can is capable of putting decent performances, but more often he's too inconsistent. The thing that puzzles me the most with Emre Can is that in three years that he's here I still haven't figured out what his forte or natural position is. While some posters might call him young and upcoming quality, some label him as "our first choice DM", I've not seen evidence of neither.

Actually yesterday's game pretty much summed him up for me. In attack he isn't clinical enough to be a threat - he completely missed Gini's ball and shot it closer to the corner flag (!) - while in the defense he isn't disciplined enough to stick close to Benteke and prevent the 2nd goal (I think Klopp will facepalm when he sees that nobody actually blocked Emre during that corner).

I know people (such as Coach) dislike to hear these things, but I am a firm believer in "player roles" within the midfield and this is exactly our problem. Every other team knows who destroys the opponent, who is the creative playmaker or "wattercarrier" and the midfield scorer. We had that in Masch-Alonso-Gerrard and it was balanced and worked well. I can also name you such players in other teams too, because it is evident what some player's forte is.
    We, on the other hand, don't; we believe in movement and players being adapt in both ends of the pitch - football's biggest idiocy. When will people realize that making pressure isn't same as being good at defending. Who'd be happy here to find Lallana in deep role, which we sometimes do during midfield rotations (?). That is such an unstable structure that falls apart like cards. We have just too many similar midfield players that are decent at everything, excel at nothing - Milner, Gini, Can, Henderson, perhaps even Grujic. Lallana is a converted attacker and Lucas is, unfortunately, too slow to keep up with the tempo of the modern game. Yesterday Schlupp and Benteke just strolled through our midfield ... a designated DM wouldn't allow that at all.

To allow us going into full season with that selection of midfielders, knowing you also have unproved and unstable defence (Matip & Ragnar just joined, Lucas new to the role) with zero attacking creativity from fullbacks (no width) is just insane from club management.

I was surprised when on arsenal fan tv when outside wembley a fan said 3 months ago they would of drove oxlaide chamberlain for transfer now they would put barriers up for him not to go, I'm now raising an eyebrow now reading some of these posts

I know Can is capable of putting decent performances, but more often he's too inconsistent. The thing that puzzles me the most with Emre Can is that in three years that he's here I still haven't figured out what his forte or natural position is. While some posters might call him young and upcoming quality, some label him as "our first choice DM", I've not seen evidence of neither.

Actually yesterday's game pretty much summed him up for me. In attack he isn't clinical enough to be a threat - he completely missed Gini's ball and shot it closer to the corner flag (!) - while in the defense he isn't disciplined enough to stick close to Benteke and prevent the 2nd goal (I think Klopp will facepalm when he sees that nobody actually blocked Emre during that corner).

I know people (such as Coach) dislike to hear these things, but I am a firm believer in "player roles" within the midfield and this is exactly our problem. Every other team knows who destroys the opponent, who is the creative playmaker or "wattercarrier" and the midfield scorer. We had that in Masch-Alonso-Gerrard and it was balanced and worked well. I can also name you such players in other teams too, because it is evident what some player's forte is.
    We, on the other hand, don't; we believe in movement and players being adapt in both ends of the pitch - football's biggest idiocy. When will people realize that making pressure isn't same as being good at defending. Who'd be happy here to find Lallana in deep role, which we sometimes do during midfield rotations (?). That is such an unstable structure that falls apart like cards. We have just too many similar midfield players that are decent at everything, excel at nothing - Milner, Gini, Can, Henderson, perhaps even Grujic. Lallana is a converted attacker and Lucas is, unfortunately, too slow to keep up with the tempo of the modern game. Yesterday Schlupp and Benteke just strolled through our midfield ... a designated DM wouldn't allow that at all.

To allow us going into full season with that selection of midfielders, knowing you also have unproved and unstable defence (Matip & Ragnar just joined, Lucas new to the role) with zero attacking creativity from fullbacks (no width) is just insane from club management.
    Apart from Lucas, you could make that argument for most of our midfield tbh. Wij has always been an attacking midfielder (and fairly consistent goalscorer) throughout his career, but this season he's been playing more of a deeper traditional CM role, Henderson came here as a CM/RW, yet now he kind of plays as a DM/DLP hybrid. Gerrard also played many positions throughout his career, what would you have defined him as? Yaya was a DM at Barca, yet later on at City he was converted into a kind of free roaming AM, to great effect I might add. I could see Can as either as DM/DLP or a box to box midfielder, I think who else we sign and who else we decide to play in midfield alongside him will dictate that.