Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Golden State Warriors - Best Team in all of Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Yes
    Must have made the Olympics a must watch each time round.

Seen the so called sport live and what a crock of *****. Its ok for first 5 to 10 mins then its just phff lets look at the camera on the audience.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Must have made the Olympics a must watch each time round.

Seen the so called sport live and what a crock of *****. Its ok for first 5 to 10 mins then its just phff lets look at the camera on the audience.
    Its a stupid sport.

Its a stupid sport.
    So why follow it then.

So why follow it then.
    I don't follow net ball. I follow basketball. They are different sports.

I don't follow net ball. I follow basketball. They are different sports.
    Not really. Ones a women's game and one revolved from a women's game

Not really. Ones a women's game and one revolved from a women's game
    Net ball evolved from Basketball, by some woman who was a PE teacher.

Net ball evolved from Basketball, by some woman who was a PE teacher.
    Which is what i said

Which is what i said
    They are not the same game though. They may have similar elements, but they aren't the same game.

They are not the same game though. They may have similar elements, but they aren't the same game.
    Didnt say they were. I know the differance. I have also watch it live and its pants.

So enjoy your celebration but best team in all sports - Behave

Didnt say they were. I know the differance. I have also watch it live and its pants.

So enjoy your celebration but best team in all sports - Behave
    They are the best team in sports. They've beaten the record held by the 95-96 Bulls(who will undoubtedly be considered as one of the greatest teams in sports history, if not the greatest). If you simply look at their record since last season, has there been a more dominant team in sports, European, North American, or South American?

I had to google who they were. That in itself shows nobody cares or is impressed

I had to google who they were. That in itself shows nobody cares or is impressed
    Are you from the UK?

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    It's wierd. Steph seems like a good guy. Klay seems like a good guy. Draymond Green for all his antics seems like a decent guy as well. They're all very likeable. But I just can't get myself to root for them.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    It's wierd. Steph seems like a good guy. Klay seems like a good guy. Draymond Green for all his antics seems like a decent guy as well. They're all very likeable. But I just can't get myself to root for them.
    Cuz they win and people who never expected them to win have to find an excuse as to why they won. They won because of..(insert excuse). Except for the fact that they are a damn good team and actually improved from last season which again nobody expected, as people expected them to get found out.

I remember when the played the Cavs on Christmas day, everyone was like finally we get to see them play a fully healthy Cavs and they beat them, then they played them at their place and only spanked them. Same goes for the Spurs, same goes for the Thunder.

Let me put it like this, they were expected to not be at the same level as the Clippers, or the Thunder, or the Spurs, or even the Rockets(when they initially signed Howard), or the Cavs.
    Last edited by Acumen; 1-6-16 at 21:00.

Cuz they win and people who never expected them to win have to find an excuse as to why they won. They won because of..(insert excuse). Except for the fact that they are a damn good team and actually improved from last season which again nobody expected, as people expected them to get found out.

I remember when the played the Cavs on Christmas day, everyone was like finally we get to see them play a fully healthy Cavs and they beat them, then they played them at their place and only spanked them. Same goes for the Spurs, same goes for the Thunder.
    I've never made any excuses. If there is one thing you could say is that they've not really experienced any adversity but they just came back from 3-1 down which is itself historically good in addition to their historically great regular season. They are great and I can't see how the Cavs or anyone else for that matter is going to stop them.

Still hope they lose and the Cavs win it.

Of course i am. Why on earth would i be on a foriegn website and support a team not in my own country. You must admit that's one pretty pathetic for people to do.

Anynow....

Of course i am. Why on earth would i be on a foriegn website and support a team not in my own country. You must admit that's one pretty pathetic for people to do.

Anynow....
    There are many foreigners here so its just right to ask. Anyways, its not surprising as Basketball isn't big in the UK. Its more popular in Spain, and in Eastern European countries, speaking strictly in Europe.

I've never made any excuses. If there is one thing you could say is that they've not really experienced any adversity but they just came back from 3-1 down which is itself historically good in addition to their historically great regular season. They are great and I can't see how the Cavs or anyone else for that matter is going to stop them.

Still hope they lose and the Cavs win it.
    I didn't mean you particularly, but its been the norm since they lifted the title. There was this reluctance to accept them as the best team as the Cavs with their big 3 were supposed to be the big dogs, or the Spurs with the arrival of Lamarcus were supposed to dethrone the Warriors and prove how overrated they are. Even to this day, Charles Barkley would pick the Clippers over the Warriors in a 7 gm series, despite the Warriors beating them 8 in a row.

Also old school players think its easy to stop Curry since he's a jump shooter, like Oscar Robertson. Same thing with T-Mac, and Payton, and the list goes on.

Of course, now having the reg season record makes the Warriors even more loathsome since they desecrated the Bulls record, and of all teams to do it, its this iteration of the Warriors. Its not the Shaq and Kobe Lakers, its not the Spurs of Duncan, Manu, and Parker, its not the Heat of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. If any of those teams would have done it, a different reaction.

I didn't mean you particularly, but its been the norm since they lifted the title. There was this reluctance to accept them as the best team as the Cavs with their big 3 were supposed to be the big dogs, or the Spurs with the arrival of Lamarcus were supposed to dethrone the Warriors and prove how overrated they are. Even to this day, Charles Barkley would pick the Clippers over the Warriors in a 7 gm series, despite the Warriors beating them 8 in a row.

Also old school players think its easy to stop Curry since he's a jump shooter, like Oscar Robertson. Same thing with T-Mac, and Payton, and the list goes on.
    I've heard a number people say this as well. I don't understand it. And maybe it's something I don't get, I'm just a casual fan of the NBA so I don't know all the little intricacies of the sport. If it's so easy why don't people just stop him? Even I understand that it would be better for the other team if Curry wasn't hitting 10 threes every game from 40 feet.

There are many foreigners here so its just right to ask. Anyways, its not surprising as Basketball isn't big in the UK. Its more popular in Spain, and in Eastern European countries, speaking strictly in Europe.
    I watch NFL Its pretty well covered by Sky on a Sunday. Why isnt Mens Netball the same.

So the achievement is more like our domestic cricket leagues

I've heard a number people say this as well. I don't understand it. And maybe it's something I don't get, I'm just a casual fan of the NBA so I don't know all the little intricacies of the sport. If it's so easy why don't people just stop him? Even I understand that it would be better for the other team if Curry wasn't hitting 10 threes every game from 40 feet.
    People think he's a good shooter like Kyle Korver is a good shooter. He's an elite ball handler, but more importantly he can shoot off the dribble, which is hard to do. He's not the only player who can shoot off the dribble, but there has never been one like him before.

I watch NFL Its pretty well covered by Sky on a Sunday. Why isnt Mens Netball the same.

So the achievement is more like our domestic cricket leagues
    Basketball isn't well covered from a media POV, and I'm not sure why. I'm not sure you can compare it to domestic cricket as even international cricket doesn't get any coverage in the States. Cricket has international popularity though and so does Basketball, its just that its not popular in the UK, just like Cricket isn't popular in the US.

People think he's a good shooter like Kyle Korver is a good shooter. He's an elite ball handler, but more importantly he can shoot off the dribble, which is hard to do. He's not the only player who can shoot off the dribble, but there has never been one like him before.
    Watching highlights I see alot of the time he creates alot of open shots for himself with that quick ball handling. And then that incredibly quick release makes it almost impossible to stop even when he isn't open. To an extent I can understand the 'one trick pony' criticism but if you're that good at it then who cares?

The best was that halfcourt shot at the buzzer against OKC in the regular season. Look at OKC's bench while the ball is in midair and still has a long way to go. They all know it's going in. The resignation on their faces was almost as fascinating to watch as the shot itself.

Watching highlights I see alot of the time he creates alot of open shots for himself with that quick ball handling. And then that incredibly quick release makes it almost impossible to stop even when he isn't open. To an extent I can understand the 'one trick pony' criticism but if you're that good at it then who cares?

The best was that halfcourt shot at the buzzer against OKC in the regular season. Look at OKC's bench while the ball is in midair and still has a long way to go. They all know it's going in. The resignation on their faces was almost as fascinating to watch as the shot itself.
    He's a superb player. A gem who lacks elite athleticism, but makes up for it with ridiculous technique, and a clutch genes.

He's a superb player. A gem who lacks elite athleticism, but makes up for it with ridiculous technique, and a clutch genes.
    Still want Lebron and the Cavs to win though. Watching Lebron do a press conference after losing ANOTHER finals is just going to be depressing.

Still want Lebron and the Cavs to win though. Watching Lebron do a press conference after losing ANOTHER finals is just going to be depressing.
    I have no issues with Lebron, but he isn't clutch nor has he ever ventured to the Western Conf. Any team he goes to in the East immediately becomes the Winner of the Eastern Conf, which kinda grates me in the wrong way. I'm going for my Hometown Dubs.

I have no issues with Lebron, but he isn't clutch nor has he ever ventured to the Western Conf. Any team he goes to in the East immediately becomes the Winner of the Eastern Conf, which kinda grates me in the wrong way. I'm going for my Hometown Dubs.
    Ok there, Skip Bayless.

Are you from Oakland?

Are you from Oakland?
    Not Oakland, but the Bay. SF.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    Ok there, Skip Bayless.
    Its a valid point.