Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Golden State Warriors - Best Team in all of Sports

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Not Oakland, but the Bay. SF.
    Ah right.

But to be fair to Lebron the fact that any team in the East he goes to is automatically going to the Finals is pretty ridiculous. In a way you could say he is carrying his entire conference.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    Ah right.

But to be fair to Lebron the fact that any team in the East he goes to is automatically going to the Finals is pretty ridiculous. In a way you could say he is carrying his entire conference.
    He's the only interesting thing in that conference.

He's the only interesting thing in that conference.
    How did you end up supporting Liverpool by the way being from San Francisco?

I'm Norwegian and support Liverpool but Norways fascination with english football goes back to WW2.

How did you end up supporting Liverpool by the way being from San Francisco?

I'm Norwegian and support Liverpool but Norways fascination with english football goes back to WW2.
    Not really sure, but I remember the first football event that captured my attention was the 2002 WC and my fav player for England was Owen. Owen played for LFC so I followed them.

Not really sure, but I remember the first football event that captured my attention was the 2002 WC and my fav player for England was Owen. Owen played for LFC so I followed them.
    Ah I see. Are you 49er fan as well btw? Or is it purely basketball and football for you?

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90s so I'm a Cowboys fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuta View Post
    They are far from fantastic. They didn't make playoffs last season when Durant was injured which shows us that they are not really something special. One can argue that they improved trough playoffs but they are still not championship material team.
    They missed the playoffs when their superstar was injuried, that's all you got? I think you forgot both Westbrook and Ibaka were injuried for stretches as well. They haven't been heathy as a team since Harden. This year they were and they pushed the Warriors to 7. They are a great team.

There are only 2 teams clearly better in the NBA and another one that is debatable. Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs imo.

Ah I see. Are you 49er fan as well btw? Or is it purely basketball and football for you?

I lived in Dallas in the mid 90s so I'm a Cowboys fan.
    Raiders fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    They missed the playoffs when their superstar was injuried, that's all you got? I think you forgot both Westbrook and Ibaka were injuried for stretches as well. They haven't been heathy as a team since Harden. This year they were and they pushed the Warriors to 7. They are a great team.

There are only 2 teams clearly better in the NBA and another one that is debatable. Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs imo.
    I think OKC would beat the Cavs with the defense they played this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Of course i am. Why on earth would i be on a foriegn website and support a team not in my own country. You must admit that's one pretty pathetic for people to do.

Anynow....
    Second most popular sport in the world and played by more countries than any other, apart from football?
    Global superstars like Jordan, Magic, Bird, O'neal. Kobe, LBJ etc? Are these reasons not enough to follow the sport?

It's wierd. Steph seems like a good guy. Klay seems like a good guy. Draymond Green for all his antics seems like a decent guy as well. They're all very likeable. But I just can't get myself to root for them.
    Stpeh's behavior during these playoffs has been despicable. Green has been one dirty ******* that should have been ejected (missed at least 1 game) in the Western conference finals. Not sure why you think they are likeble guys? Klay can give you that, he looks like decent guy.
    They are all good players but please don't talk about them as some angels walking on water. They restore to dirty tactics when they get beaten, simple as that with main culprit Mr Dremond Green (I can't be touched because I am a star and whatever happens it's an accident-I just kick air when I make shot, let alone tripping on Kentar).

Second most popular sport in the world and played by more countries than any other, apart from football?
    Global superstars like Jordan, Magic, Bird, O'neal. Kobe, LBJ etc? Are these reasons not enough to follow the sport?
    It's boring.
    That's the main problem.
    And squeaky shoes , no one needs that.

I have no issues with Lebron, but he isn't clutch nor has he ever ventured to the Western Conf. Any team he goes to in the East immediately becomes the Winner of the Eastern Conf, which kinda grates me in the wrong way. I'm going for my Hometown Dubs.
    Why are they called Dubs? What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    It's boring.
    That's the main problem.
    And squeaky shoes , no one needs that.
    everyone on it own. I find rugby boring although living in NZ.
    I find it more entertaining apart from good game of football. I like the skills and speed of the game. but than I grow up playing the game so probably no surprises there.

everyone on it own. I find rugby boring although living in NZ.
    I find it more entertaining apart from good game of football. I like the skills and speed of the game. but than I grow up playing the game so probably no surprises there.
    It's the constant scoring .
    It numbs the experience.

They are lacking a player of the irk of Harden, the one that can make a shot when other stars are covered. Their players like Robenson and Waiters were left alone down the stretch in games 6 and 7, Robenson wasn't even brave enough to shoot (Durant rostered him afterwards) The great teems in the past didn't have that kind of anomaly. And regarding Durant's injury, even Bulls made playoffs without problems when Jordan was not playing. Lakers were still playoff team when Shaq left. They are too much depending on their two star(s) for my liking. They lost lot when Harden left them. If he stayed around they would have won a tittle by now.

It's the constant scoring .
    It numbs the experience.
    It is constant scoring because it is played by good players and looks like it's so easy to do so. Trust me it's not that simple.

It is constant scoring because it is played by good players and looks like it's so easy to do so. Trust me it's not that simple.

It's just chucking a ball in a basket as any defensive skills are binned.
    Curry and his 3 pointers are impressive.
    But overall the game could be cut down to the final 2 mins and see who out scores who.

Boring .

Best team in all sports?

That's having a laugh! They haven't won the Championship, yet. Even if they do they wouldn't be the best team in all sport.

:FP:

Quote Originally Posted by 8FLASH8 View Post
    Best team in all sports?

That's having a laugh! They haven't won the Championship, yet. Even if they do they wouldn't be the best team in all sport.

They did last season to their credit

I don't know anything detailed about basketball. You may wonder the logic of me being here

What did this team do differently. Most sports fall into a lull of engineering. They stick pretty much with tried and tested tactics and approaches and it becomes simply a system of meritocracy for talent.

The team with the most talented players win most of the time. When teams achieve unexpected things in any sport my first question is always 'what did they do differently?'

If anybody can enlighten me that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by 8FLASH8 View Post
    Best team in all sports?

Name me a more dominant team?

Name me a more dominant team?
    The All Black's ? They were pretty dominant up to last year .
    To be called the best team in all sports it should involve playing others from a different country ?
    American team sports are too insular.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I don't know anything detailed about basketball. You may wonder the logic of me being here

What did this team do differently. Most sports fall into a lull of engineering. They stick pretty much with tried and tested tactics and approaches and it becomes simply a system of meritocracy for talent.

The team with the most talented players win most of the time. When teams achieve unexpected things in any sport my first question is always 'what did they do differently?'

If anybody can enlighten me that would be great.
    They play with a higher-tempo, and they eschew the traditional NBA-model of having a center (the big guy, like Shaq or Yao Ming) in favor of a smaller line-up. That's not to say they don't have centers, but their best 5 is a "small ball" lineup. One of their strengths is that they have great depth to bring a variety of different weapons at you. They are also fantastic at moving the ball around, which unbalances defenses. On top of that, they are incredibly good at shooting 3-pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    They play with a higher-tempo, and they eschew the traditional NBA-model of having a center (the big guy, like Shaq or Yao Ming) in favor of a smaller line-up. That's not to say they don't have centers, but their best 5 is a "small ball" lineup. One of their strengths is that they have great depth to bring a variety of different weapons at you. They are also fantastic at moving the ball around, which unbalances defenses. On top of that, they are incredibly good at shooting 3-pointers.
    Another understated point is that the Warriors are 9th in the league in Points in the Paint. They shoot lights out, but its not like that is their only trick. They attack the basket relentlessly and did so in the OKC series, albeit without much success due to the length of OKC.

Stpeh's behavior during these playoffs has been despicable. Green has been one dirty ******* that should have been ejected (missed at least 1 game) in the Western conference finals. Not sure why you think they are likeble guys? Klay can give you that, he looks like decent guy.
    They are all good players but please don't talk about them as some angels walking on water. They restore to dirty tactics when they get beaten, simple as that with main culprit Mr Dremond Green (I can't be touched because I am a star and whatever happens it's an accident-I just kick air when I make shot, let alone tripping on Kentar).
    How has Stephs behaviour been despicable?

I want to know that as well. If this so-called despicable behavior is him gesturing "I'm here, I'm back", I'm going to laugh.

To be called the best team in all sports it should involve playing others from a different country ?
    If the Warriors played any team from a different country it would be an absolute demolition. They are the best basketball team in the world, and definitely have a claim to the most dominant team right now.

If the Warriors played any team from a different country it would be an absolute demolition. They are the best basketball team in the world, and definitely have a claim to the most dominant team right now.
    Their regular season win % was an insane 89%.

The NBA has the best teams in the world, it won't be impressive if the Warriors beat Maccabi Haifa.

Screaming "I am back" in the game against Portland and "we are staying home" in game 5 against OKC during the game can be considered as total unrespect for opposition. He acts like spoilt kid at times. I have seen lot of great players and greater than him playing and destroying opposition in the past without outbursts like that on the court. If MJ, Duncan or Kobe were doing that during their playing days, they would be criticized big time. One of that was even on the opposition court which was quite dangerous.
    Last edited by Tuta; 2-6-16 at 23:16.