Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Golden State Warriors - Best Team in all of Sports

1. #1 Default The 2016 Golden State Warriors - Best Team in all of Sports 
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    It's time to appreciate what this team has done. I can't quite believe it really. I remember going to Warrior games when they were scouting the D League for guys like Kelenna, Tolliver, CJ Watson and now look at this, alone in history.

Simply amazing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Yes! Truly an amazing season for the Warriors. And I can't wait to see them in the finals.

Amazing team, but the 96 Bulls would still beat them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post

Like a drum...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Cutlers-Thumb View Post
    Depends on the rules. In today's game I doubt it.

We're all waiting on Liverdinners thoughts on this .

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    We're all waiting on Liverdinners thoughts on this .
    With all due respect to him, he can **** the hell off.

I thought they were overrated and Billy Donovon was a better coach than Kerr. I thought they were found out by a healthy team.

73-9 is no fluke. 73-9 is no joke.

They really are quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    They really are quite something.
    They most certainly are.

Al Ahly , Linfield and my late fathers bowling club would claim better numbers .

But they are an outstanding bunch of players.
    EA Sports need to make a game of just this team up against the best of the Bulls, Celtics and Lakers.

Al Ahly , Lindfield and my late fathers bowling club would claim better numbers .

But they are an outstanding bunch of players.
    EA Sports need to make a game of just this team up against the best of the Bulls, Celtics and Lakers.
    The mental fortitude of this team and the ability to close out close games is something else. You just don't bet against them, no matter how dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    The mental fortitude of this team and the ability to close out close games is something else. You just don't bet against them, no matter how dire.

Basketball is just above speed knitting in my interest in anything .
    But this team does drag you in .
    Are they better than the great Bull's team ?

Basketball is just above speed knitting in my interest in anything .
    But this team does drag you in .
    Are they better than the great Bull's team ?
    Let's not get into that last point. It seems to irk a fair few.

Let's not get into that last point. It seems to irk a fair few.
    An irking is needed.

Haters gonna hate.

They are a historically great team, but like the 18-1 Patriots, it won't mean a thing without that ring. The Cavs are far more balanced this year than last year.

It is interesting to note that over the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons, the Bulls went 141-23 and won two championships. If the Warriors win they will be 140-24 over two seasons and with two championships. Just goes to show how close these two teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    They are a historically great team, but like the 18-1 Patriots, it won't mean a thing without that ring. The Cavs are far more balanced this year than last year.

It is interesting to note that over the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons, the Bulls went 141-23 and won two championships. If the Warriors win they will be 140-24 over two seasons and with two championships. Just goes to show how close these two teams are.
    The Cavs are defensively weaker. Despite the 7 game series, its a blessing that the Warriors had to go through such a trial by fire in OKC. Its made them stronger. They've been challenged and have responded. The Cavs are a better 3 ball team, but they don't have the length size and defensive tact that the Thunder had in these playoffs.

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Who?
    I believe post #7 was directed towards you. No hard feelings though.

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    I believe post #7 was directed towards you. No hard feelings though.
    I'll have to, never heard of them.

Silly name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    I'll have to, never heard of them.

Silly name though.
    Thank you for that input. I'll be sure to notify them.

They don't come even close to Bulls of the 90's let alone in all sports. The NBA is so shallow these days. Planty of teams with under .500 record nad stars are located in much less teams tha usual. They all seem to try to coy Celtics and Heat example of collecting big stars. Those Bulls were never going to loose those 2 games like these guys did against OKC. They were embarrassed. Some of their players were shown up like really not that good after this series, like Green, Barnes etc.

Some people were even comparing Curry with MJ, give me a break. He was anonymous and far inferior to Westbrook in 5 of those 7 games. They are lucking better big man than Bogut and that is their weakness if you look for one, for starters. Looking forward to the finals will be fun although it looks like they both rely on 3's which is not "real" basketball.
    In the other side Mr. Lebron is in his sixth straight final. That is really something to ponder about - the luck of the good teams in NBA these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuta View Post
    They don't come even close to Bulls of the 90's let alone in all sports. The NBA is so shallow these days. Planty of teams with under .500 record nad stars are located in much less teams tha usual. They all seem to try to coy Celtics and Heat example of collecting big stars. Those Bulls were never going to loose those 2 games like these guys did against OKC. They were embarrassed. Some of their players were shown up like really not that good after this series, like Green, Barnes etc.

Some people were even comparing Curry with MJ, give me a break. He was anonymous and far inferior to Westbrook in 5 of those 7 games. They are lucking better big man than Bogut and that is their weakness if you look for one, for starters. Looking forward to the finals will be fun although it looks like they both rely on 3's which is not "real" basketball.
    In the other side Mr. Lebron is in his sixth straight final. That is really something to ponder about - the luck of the good teams in NBA these days.
    Why is the 3 point shot not "real" basketball? Or is ISO post up and mid-range jumpers only counted as "real"?

OKC is a fantastic team and they had them on the ropes utilizing their bigs and defense and yet, they couldn't close because GSW are the better team no question. No one has been able to truly stop them since they've gone Super Saiyan. The Warriors are just the most balanced yet explosive offensive team I have ever watched.

Why is the 3 point shot not "real" basketball? Or is ISO post up and mid-range jumpers only counted as "real"?
    To be a really good legendary team you need variety of options. They need decent big man.
    These days NBA lucks dominant big man at the moment. Who was the last big man drafted as No1? Can't remember anyone that come close to that type since Blake Grififn? and he is not even a center. That makes for teams like GSW easier to win their games. Variety is non existant in the league.
    Don't get me wrong but Adams had a ball against them and Green was close to being suspended because they couldn't deal with him at times. I mean Adams being main guy in the conference finals, he is in his second yea ffs. That team of OC was not going to make playoffs if one of Durant and Westbrook was injured, like it was the case last season. That's how good is the league at the moment. Even Spurs team that are carrying likes of Duncan and Manu finished with record of close to 70 wins in the regular season. Shallow league, nothing else.
    Last edited by Tuta; 1-6-16 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    OKC is a fantastic team and they had them on the ropes utilizing their bigs and defense and yet, they couldn't close because GSW are the better team no question. No one has been able to truly stop them since they've gone Super Saiyan. The Warriors are just the most balanced yet explosive offensive team I have ever watched.
    They are far from fantastic. They didn't make playoffs last season when Durant was injured which shows us that they are not really something special. One can argue that they improved trough playoffs but they are still not championship material team.

To be a really good legendary team you need variety of options. They need decent big man.
    These days NBA lucks dominant big man at the moment. Who was the last big man drafted as No1? Can't remember anyone that come close to that type since Blake Grififn? and he is not even a center. That makes for teams like GSW easier to win their games. Variety is non existant in the league.
    Don't get me wrong but Adams had a ball against them and Green was close to being suspended because they couldn't deal with him at times. I mean Adams being main guy in the conference finals, he is in his second yea ffs. That team of OC was not going to make playoffs if one of Durant and Westbrook was injured, like it was the case last season. That's how good is the league at the moment. Even Spurs team that are carrying likes of Duncan and Manu finished with record of close to 70 wins in the regular season. Shallow league, nothing else.
    The NBA has moved away from the "big man". Its moved to a faster league and not the slow plodding low post ISO. Centers still play a major factor defensively, but offensively it slows down the game and nowadays players who are smaller are able to guard bigger players because of quickness. I remember back in 2007 when Don Nelson went all "small ball" on the Mavs, playing Al Harrington at center and Stephen Jackson at the 4 guarding Dirk. Jackson was a nightmare for Dirk despite Dirk having a height advantage.

The NBA is all about speed, length, and ball movement. You talk about the Spurs. The Spurs are what they are because of exceptional ball movement, not because they only feed it to Aldridge in the post. They work inside out and outside in and they space the floor exceptionally well. Its why the beat the Heat so resoundingly a couple of years ago. Big man basketball is a 80's, 90's thing. Now its all about good guards, and great wings, and a faster brand of basketball.
    Last edited by Acumen; 1-6-16 at 18:17.

Is Netball a sport

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Is Netball a sport
    Yes