Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen becomes LFC international ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    No - I don't think he's a great representative of the club and there are many better options out there
    Like who though ? Stevie mac is one , no better or worse though imo and Owen was from the newer generation of players so is more relevant to young fans.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Like who though ? Stevie mac is one , no better or worse though imo.
    I've already named 3 pal in the previous 2 posts

Carra, Hyypia, Garcia, Haman, Digger.... how many do you want?

Also, you realise Owen played for Utd right? When did Macca do that?

I've already named 3 pal in the previous 2 posts

Carra, Hyypia, Garcia, Haman, Digger.... how many do you want?
    Garcia 3 years at the club ? Owen is a product of the youth academy gave 8 years to the club as a pro and won many trophies , and as a figure is squeeky clean. We also don't know if others were approached for the role.

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    What the **** is wrong with these owners.

I'm still **** off with them for not firing Rodgers at the end of last season and for not giving Klopp a full pre season and the money they gave Rodgers in the summer to bring his own players.

And now this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Suso View Post

I'm still **** off with them for not firing Rodgers at the end of last season and for not giving Klopp a full pre season and the money they gave Rodgers in the summer to bring his own players.

And now this?!
    Klopp didn't want to come back in the summer he made that clear , the owners were biding their time to get him.

I dont mind, I guess it would have been better had it not been given to an Ex man U player, but I never really blamed him for taking the job, we did turn him down afterall.

I would rather it be someone else like Macca or Carra but I dont think its that bad of a choice.
    I never blamed him for leaving us either tbh or the way he did it either, lifes too short to be bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Suso View Post

And now this?!
    Its not as bad as you make out but it does show that they are on another planet to most of us where soccer is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I dont mind, I guess it would have been better had it not been given to an Ex man U player, but I never really blamed him for taking the job, we did turn him down afterall.

I would rather it be someone else like Macca or Carra but I dont think its that bad of a choice.
    I never blamed him for leaving us either tbh or the way he did it either, lifes too short to be bitter.
    Macca didn't leave under the best of circumstances either.

Macca didn't leave under the best of circumstances either.
    I dont hold any grudges against him either.

Quality appointment as far as i'm concerned , much fuss about nothing.

We didn't want Owen back from Madrid, although he wanted to join us. Can't blame him then for taking well-paid work where he can get it. Owen was one of the deadliest forwards ever to grace our team - and ultimately he gave his hamstrings up for our cause at a young age. A good choice for our international ambassador..

Garcia 3 years at the club ? Owen is a product of the youth academy gave 8 years to the club as a pro and won many trophies , and as a figure is squeeky clean. We also don't know if others were approached for the role.
    He left controversially and played for Utd - marks him down in my eyes for a role like this. Fantastic player, could of been a club legend but went down a different path and tainted it -which is fine and dandy in general his choice and his career.....

I'd rather have a lesser player who's more charismatic and regarded by the fans and club in higher regard as an ambassador. ANY of the ones I've mentioned I'd prefer. My opinion. I like it when ex players can't help but constantly align themselves with LFC, and reference 'us' or 'we' when talking about the club...Owen doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I dont hold any grudges against him either.
    Me neither , if we did hold grudges the same fans wouldn't be praying for Suarez to return.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalTeamFootball View Post
    We didn't want Owen back from Madrid, although he wanted to join us. Can't blame him then for taking well-paid work where he can get it. Owen was one of the deadliest forwards ever to grace our team - and ultimately he gave his hamstrings up for our cause at a young age. A good choice for our international ambassador..
    Yep, not many of these moaners would turn down a job offer playing for Manure.

He left controversially and played for Utd - marks him down in my eyes for a role like this. Fantastic player, could of been a club legend but went down a different path and tainted it -which is fine and dandy in general....

I'd rather have a lesser player who's more charismatic and regarded by the fans and club in higher regard as an ambassador. ANY of the ones I've mentioned I'd prefer. My opinion. I like it when ex players can't help but constantly align themselves with LFC, and reference 'us' or 'we' when talking about the club...Owen doesn't do that.
    Hes a club legend in my eyes , it's not like they just gave the role to El Hadji Diouf or Josť Enrique

Hes a club legend in my eyes , it's not like they just gave the role to El Hadji Diouf or Josť Enrique
    Fair enough. Agree to disagree

I should add, I really don't care *that* much - but we're here chatting so that's my stance

Will he get loads of Ferro Roche being an ambassador !

Im on the fence with the Legend part, he does have all the requisites.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree

I should add, I really don't care *that* much - but we're here chatting so that's my stance
    That's fair enough , but i just thought people who were regarding Macca as first choice need to realize he left under the same circumstances as Owen. I don't blame Owen for playing for United either , he wanted to come back we didn't want him , hes a pro footballer who had a few years left and a great offer on the table , whats he meant to do turn it down ?.

I just think its a decent choice , there might be better choices and there are certainly far worse choices , so for me its nothing to fuss over , its not like the club have made a major error of judgement with this appointment.

We got 8 million pounds and Antonio Nunez, Owen was happy to leave us behind in 2004. Greener grass and all that.

Everyone seems to get legendary status these days.

Owen didn't want to renew his contract, and because he only had one year left LFC was powerless when Real Madrid approached his agent.

Good luck to him with the job of convincing everyone around the world how great we are.

Maybe he isn't at legend status , but certainly one of the most influential players of the last 20 years who done some great things at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I was petrified.
    This comment is very underrated.

He was a great player for us. Hearts were crushed, trust broken and so forth with regards to Owen because he played for us since age 11. Him and Carragher both rooted for Everton, but luckily they snapped out of it and came to their senses... Owen for me lost his way and his supposed legendary status was lost as well. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by christonabendybus View Post
    This comment is very underrated.
    Go on now go walk out the door

The same people would have Suarez back in a heart beat though , water under the bridge and all that.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Well its a clever PR move for both LFC and him. He gets to be noticed for the best years of his life again and we get to be represented by someone who was truly a great talent and won't bite anyone.

Suarez grew up playing for us, did he? Suarez wasn't elected LFC anything, why do you bring him up now? To say we don't want the best players in the world playing for us would be completely stupid in any case.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    He was a great player for us. Hearts were crushed, trust broken and so forth with regards to Owen because he played for us since age 11. Him and Carragher both rooted for Everton, but luckily they snapped out of it and came to their senses... Owen for me lost his way and his supposed legendary status was lost as well. In my opinion.
    But now we can show we're better than that (not like me I know) and rejoice in the return of the prodigal son. We get brownie points. LFC should not be a club which runs on grudge. Rivalry yes but not grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    Suarez grew up playing for us, did he? Suarez wasn't elected LFC anything, why do you bring him up now? To say we don't want the best players in the world playing for us would be completely stupid in any case.
    Are people forgetting that Gerrard was out the door for Chelsea if we lost that CL final. I don't think we can be to harsh on Owen.

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    The same people would have Suarez back in a heart beat though , water under the bridge and all that.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexShawE...420544/photo/1