Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen becomes LFC international ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    Why can't he praise them? Countless LFC legends are pundits and praise rival teams all the time. Why is it such a big deal to you? How does it affect you?
    Do you know the meaning of club ambassador?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Do you know the meaning of club ambassador?
    Why can't you answer my questions?

new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events

That's what the role entails. Does he not do that or something?
    Farewell my lovers.

Why can't you answer my questions?

new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events

That's what the role entails. Does he not do that or something?
    Praising united at every given opportunity is what you call representing LFC around the globe.Great!

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    He;s a good looking man, never seems to ages. Must be the Nivea

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Praising united at every given opportunity is what you call representing LFC around the globe.Great!
    Another question you're incapable of answering. I'll take it as you had no idea what his role of ambassador actually entails. And you've conceded he performs his role to the fullest. Great!
    Farewell my lovers.

Another question you're incapable of answering. I'll take it as you had no idea what his role of ambassador actually entails. And you've conceded he performs his role to the fullest. Great!
    are you sure you're an umpire and not a military interrogator?

are you sure you're an umpire and not a military interrogator?
    No comment.
    Farewell my lovers.

Suarez out of loyalty to LFC said he'd never play for United while doing all he could to get out of the club.

Comical.

Owen is a legend and always will be, your little rants will not change that.

Literally ate his way out of Anfield, but make some empty comment about the mancs and its all good.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Loved Owen when he was here playing for us. Didn't like the way he left and really couldn't care less about what career he had when he left.

Don't really know how I feel about him being an ambassador in all honesty.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I think it would be silly to still be bitter about him leaving for Madrid and then joining UTD. However, this is not the relevant discussion here. The fact is that he's one of our ambassador's and that's what people, myself included, are somewhat confused and upset about. He can profess his love for UTD all he likes, I would honestly not care was he not our ambassador. He should not have been given the role to begin with and he has since validated that sentiment with some of the **** he has and continues to say in the press. It's fine for a former player to come out and talk fondly about our rivals, it's not okay for the club's very own ambassador. In fact, it's a joke.
    I'm still bitter about how left, more than the move to United (which doesn't sit well either). He ran his contract down and done this club out of a lot of money, as he left for a fraction of what he was truly worth. Nice way to treat the club who made you.

After everything that has went on with him, and how many Liverpool fans feel about him, I found it a ridiculous decision to make him an ambassador of the club. Even more so when you hear him commentate on United games and refer to them as 'we'. Nah, needs sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I'm still bitter about how left, more than the move to United (which doesn't sit well either). He ran his contract down and done this club out of a lot of money, as he left for a fraction of what he was truly worth. Nice way to treat the club who made you.

After everything that has went on with him, and how many Liverpool fans feel about him, I found it a ridiculous decision to make him an ambassador of the club. Even more so when you hear him commentate on United games and refer to them as 'we'. Nah, needs sacking.
    I agree 100%.

'The Umpire' doesn't understand loyalty. Loyalty is something that should be admired not slammed and that's why I mentioned the Jack Wilshire example. He knew he could fact FA sanctions and still was brave enough to stand on an open top bus and publicly taunt Spurs. He hates them and was brave enough to publicly admit it.

Should our players after beating Man United at Old Trafford run to the Stretford End and kiss the Liverpool badge? Yes they should. That's why I've no issue with what Gary Neville did. Fair enough it wasn't politically correct, but it showed passion. Should our players stand on a bus after we win a trophy and sing "Who the f@@k are Man United" and 'Everton, we're all laughing at you". Yes they should.

A lack of loyalty should be a sacking offence. Owen should step down or be sacked by Liverpool. He lost legend status when he wore that shirt.

I remember the Owen song from 2009.

His hamstrings mean he lost his pace Owen, Owen
    He wants to play for Baconface, Owen, Owen
    We sold the boy to sunny Spain
    He hardly ever got a game

Our fans were right in singing
    Once a Manc, never a red
    Once a Manc, never a red.
    Last edited by Kloppsstars; 15-11-17 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I agree 100%.

'The Umpire' doesn't understand loyalty. Loyalty is something that should be admired not slammed and tbat's why I mentioned the Jack Wilshire example. He knew he could fact FA sanctions and still was brave enough to stand on an open top bus and publicly taunt Spurs. He hates them and was brave enough to publicly admit it.

Should our players after beating Man United at Old Trafford run to the Stretford End and kiss the Liverpool badge? Yes they should. That's why I've no issue with what Gary Neville did. Fair enough it wasn't politically correct, but it showed passion. Should our players stand on a bus after we win a trophy and sing "Who the f@@k are Man United" and 'Everton, we're all laughing at you". Yes they should.
    Suarez out of loyalty to LFC said he'd never play for United while doing all he could to get out of the club.

Do your trainers have velcro?
    Farewell my lovers.

No comment.
    Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy *********** walrus-looking piece of ****! Get the **** off of my obstacle! Get the **** down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Umpire, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!

exactly this

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy *********** walrus-looking piece of ****! Get the **** off of my obstacle! Get the **** down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Umpire, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!
    Love it. Plenty of Pyles on here.
    Farewell my lovers.

This.

Love it. Plenty of Pyles on here.
    Glad you found the humour. Now give me 50 sergeant pyle. lol

Do your trainers have velcro?
    Do you go to the library to look at pictures?

Do you go to the library to look at pictures?
    All the time, private.

All the time, private.
    I guess it's the same reason why you walk into 'mind your head' signs.....You can't read!

I guess it's the same reason why you walk into 'mind your head' signs.....You can't read!
    ****. He climbs over them

That's right I can't read
    Farewell my lovers.

The thing that gets me about Owen is the sheer amount of less controversial options as a club ambassador.

It's a role that any ex player would love...basically they get paid to wine and dine.

Unless he is some commercial god in Asia or something, I have no idea how Liverpool decided on him, after what he did.

Put it like this..I started supporting Liverpool because of Owen; so I doubt there are many more people out there who would in theory want Owen back at Liverpool in some capacity more than me. However I don't want him anywhere near our club!

Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    The thing that gets me about Owen is the sheer amount of less controversial options as a club ambassador.

It's a role that any ex player would love...basically they get paid to wine and dine.

Unless he is some commercial god in Asia or something, I have no idea how Liverpool decided on him, after what he did.

Put it like this..I started supporting Liverpool because of Owen; so I doubt there are many more people out there who would in theory want Owen back at Liverpool in some capacity more than me. However I don't want him anywhere near our club!
    That pretty much sums it up. However it's going to take a serious backlash from the fans and a boycottof some if the events he attends before the club will take notice. If he's got any sense he should resign from the post. It should be given to a more worthy candidate like Paddy Berger, Luis Garcia or Vladimir Smicer who actually made appearances for our legends team.

That pretty much sums it up. However it's going to take a serious backlash from the fans and a boycottof some if the events he attends before the club will take notice. If he's got any sense he should resign from the post. It should be given to a more worthy candidate like Paddy Berger, Luis Garcia or Vladimir Smicer who actually made appearances for our legends team.
    Thing is, how'd they sell Nivea in Asia?

You should turn up to one of the LFC events he attends and let your feelings be known.
    Farewell my lovers.

Agreed, doubt anything would happen. Owen enjoys the money too much, and Liverpool despite clear dissatisfaction from the fans have yet to do anything to suggest they will remove him. Seems like something drastic would have to happen for us to get what we want unfortunately.

On a brighter note, pretty sure Garcia is an ambassador..

Owen is fine. He spent years at the club.
    It's not his fault rafa didnt want him.
    The only outcry is from internet warriors trying to prove how big a liverpool fan they are by pretending they hate man utd so much

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Owen is fine. He spent years at the club.
    It's not his fault rafa didnt want him.
    The only outcry is from internet warriors trying to prove how big a liverpool fan they are by pretending they hate man utd so much
    The face palm emoji needs to be brought back just for this post.