Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovren Appreciation Thread. Assertive and Impenetrable.

Haha. Assertive and inpenetrable.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Yep, when I compare the two, there is no comparison, which makes me wonder..
    Bit of a disservice to say there is no comparison, especially considering lovren has 2 goals this season. some supporters have never liked lovren though I remember when many used to think sakho was a far better defender. The only defender lovren might be somewhat (injury cover etc) replaced with is Süle

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Bit of a disservice to say there is no comparison, especially considering lovren has 2 goals this season. some supporters have never liked lovren though I remember when many used to think sakho was a far better defender. The only defender lovren might be somewhat (injury cover etc) replaced with is Süle
    There are no players i dislike, and i think Sahko is a better defender.
    I can remember further back than the last couple of games, Lovren has been pretty dire for most of his time here, maybe he has turned a corner, we will see.

Sule is joining Bayern Munich so that's no longer an option. Dejan Lovren has done well this season, winning headers at both ends of the pitch. He showed he has guts, particularly away to Palace. He made a gaff at one end and had the courage to dust himself down and slammed a header at the other end. He's actually difficult to pick up at set pieces, he caused Pogba all kinds of trouble last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Sule is joining Bayern Munich so that's no longer an option. Dejan Lovren has done well this season, winning headers at both ends of the pitch. He showed he has guts, particularly away to Palace. He made a gaff at one end and had the courage to dust himself down and slammed a header at the other end. He's actually difficult to pick up at set pieces, he caused Pogba all kinds of trouble last Sunday.
    That means we're not looking for anyone to replace lovren

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    assertive and impenetrable....

good joke yeah.... he s a weak link in the 11 that needs upgrading before most others.....

just my opinion....

Bump and lol !

I said weeks ago we were 4 or 5 players short of a title winning side , i hoped / expected JK to go and sign 2 now.......... especially after we knew we were losing Mane to the AFCON.

We need a top DM / playmaker and another pacy winger , sticking with this side will not guarantee us top 4 ........and the 2nd string are even worse

LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    Lovren and Klavan - Dum and Dummer

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    I said weeks ago we were 4 or 5 players short of a title winning side , i hoped / expected JK to go and sign 2 now.......... especially after we knew we were losing Mane to the AFCON.

We need a top DM / playmaker and another pacy winger , sticking with this side will not guarantee us top 4 ........and the 2nd string are even worse
    Everyone says that we need more / better players, Klopp seems to think otherwise.

I hope he knows what he is doing, so many of us are relying on him .

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Haha. Assertive and inpenetrable.
    A&I

Artistic & Intelligent.

Market it before google etc. does

Both centre backs still seem to be struggling a lot at times.
    I wonder what Klopp is thinking ?

Gomez and Matip ?

At best, Lovren is a back-up! It seems our standards have really sunk!

Impenetrable my as* .

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    assertive and impenetrable....

good joke yeah.... he s a weak link in the 11 that needs upgrading before most others.....

just my opinion....

Yeah, I was trying to be funny when I made the name. I love Lovren though.

Everyone says that we need more / better players, Klopp seems to think otherwise.

I hope he knows what he is doing, so many of us are relying on him .
    I agree with you on both accounts .....in every walk of life the boss is supposed to know whats needed to take things onto the next level , but in many cases they can become blind and should on many occasions listen to the workforce , or in this case the fans .

we have one half decent looking centre back....matip. but he hasn't played often enough to be judged yet.
    lovren and klavan are useless as a pairing and both have cost us several goals this season.

lovren has had long enough to prove himself and should go the same way as sakho. the problem has always been the defence and it will never change with lovren in it

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    He's an average defender, always has been and always will be.

Problem with fans that actually rate him, they base it on comfortable defensive moments with no pressure on him, a cross come in from a corner he heads it away "wow he's boss" but in tricky moments and the pressure is on his brain is in his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    He's an average defender, always has been and always will be.

Problem with fans that actually rate him because they base it on comfortable defensive moments with no pressure on him, a cross come in from a corner he heads it away "wow he's boss" but in tricky moments and the pressure is on his brain is in his arse.
    Yep,
    Him and Sakho should never have been bought.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    Yep,
    Him and Sakho should never have been bought.
    Lovren just doesn't have the composure, intelligence and concentration that is required, he should have these things for 20 million, he was worth 6 million at the most, the sooner we get rid of these defenders the better, Klopp need to address the defense in the same way Houllier did, he needs to be brutally honest, Matip is a nice starting point to build on.

Look at Lovren compared to Alderweireld for example, its depressing.
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 22-1-17 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    Lovren just doesn't have the composure, intelligence and concentration that is required, he should have these things for 20 million, he was worth 6 million at the most, the sooner we get rid of these defenders the better, Klopp need to address the defense in the same way Houllier did, he needs to be brutally honest, Matip is a nice starting point to build on.

Look at Lovren compared to Alderweireld for example, its depressing.
    Lovren compared to Koscielny I'd like to see laurent produce some of the performances such as against man utd, tottenham etc lovren has

liverpool fans switch between too harsh to downright negative about lovren. he has improved his concentration, his intelligence could improve but isn't the worst, and he can be composed - it helps if you trust your goalkeeper and other factors, but playing football when you're trying to be on the front foot it's hard to be composed (for everyone) I think he would rather sacrifice that for concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4Gogeta View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to be funny when I made the name. I love Lovren though.
    i dont.....

i think we wont win anything with him in the 11 . and if we do by some fluke it ll be because matip has covered his ass

he s not commanding enough, he ballwatches too much... he makes stupid unforced errors inviting pressure too much... generally just not a very good defender...

we have a better defender in sakho who is out of favour for some reason we dont fully understand... surely he s not banished due to a little clowning around in pre season

Lovren compared to Koscielny I'd like to see laurent produce some of the performances such as against man utd, tottenham etc lovren has

liverpool fans switch between too harsh to downright negative about lovren. he has improved his concentration, his intelligence could improve but isn't the worst, and he can be composed - it helps if you trust your goalkeeper and other factors, but playing football when you're trying to be on the front foot it's hard to be composed (for everyone) I think he would rather sacrifice that for concentration.
    he gifts teams goals.......

bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post

cb partner for matip is by far the most neccesary signing we need to make.....

i wonder how good gomez is .... if he s poremier league ready i d start him with matip v southampton and see

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    he gifts teams goals.......

bottom line
    so you're saying number 1 offender, game over?

Look at some of the examples from Lovren's poor defending, this is him week in week out since we have signed him, the first one is typical of him, picks the player he is going to mark (Llorente) then all of a sudden decided to moves away and let him go, he is clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYZ-0U8oYs

Fred and Shriekback are right. The evidence is undeniable.

Swapping in a truly great CB would make more difference than any other position.

I too think a centre back is the most important spot we need filled, I also agree that we would be better off playing Gomez over Lovren, the latter has had his chance and while he does defend well now and then, its just not enough.

I too think a centre back is the most important spot we need filled, I also agree that we would be better off playing Gomez over Lovren, the latter has had his chance and while he does defend well now and then, its just not enough.
    Not for me, we were rolling over teams with the side we had at the beginning of the season with Lallana in midfield and Mane up in the front three.

Yes we've missed Matip but we we've missed Mane, and what he brings, more.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Not for me, we were rolling over teams with the side we had at the beginning of the season with Lallana in midfield and Mane up in the front three.

Yes we've missed Matip but we we've missed Mane, and what he brings, more.
    Maybe i was not clear, sry.

I was talking about what we need and we already have Mane.

I think we need a replacement for Lovren more than anything else, although I think we need more players in all areas, competition and all that...
    Last edited by MrDilkington; 23-1-17 at 20:35.