Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1013

Thread: Lovren Appreciation Thread. Assertive and Impenetrable.

  1. #1 Lovren Lovren Appreciation Thread. Assertive and Impenetrable. 
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    539
    Solid as a rock. Really impressed with him these past months.

    Do you see him as a starter next season or improve on him?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    890
    Most improved player this season for me. Much stronger mentally. Deservedly the first centre half on the team sheet at the moment.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    naturalskill is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,368
    1st choice centre back next season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    +Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,144
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    1st choice centre back next season
    He's crap
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 23-10-17 at 14:22.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30,144
    He and Toure have been very good in recent games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,791
    Lovren's turnaround has been unbelievable really...at one stage under Rodgers I thought he was the worst defender we've ever had

    Just shows how important Klopp has been to the mentality & confidence of some of these players
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    24,324
    Sometimes players just need time, but I really didn't expect Lovren to turn it around after the start he had here. Fair play.

    One of our more important players these days.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    what a performance last night - that block was so important
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,170
    Never been his biggest fan, but credit where its due....he's been very impressive lately.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30,144
    Surely its time for a Dejan cuts the mustard headline somewhere?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Lovren's turnaround has been unbelievable really...at one stage under Rodgers I thought he was the worst defender we've ever had

    Just shows how important Klopp has been to the mentality & confidence of some of these players
    Yeah, incredible and almost instant transformation when Klopp took over.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Surely its time for a Dejan cuts the mustard headline somewhere?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,453
    What an excellent performance for Lovren last night!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,931
    he was great last night - Kolo too
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,907
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs-boots View Post
    he was great last night - Kolo too
    Kolo's been a real unsung hero this season - played far more than any of us would have expected (and hoped) but very rarely let us down.

    I could see the Sakho situation seeing him being worth another 12 months, and I really did not expect to be saying that back in August.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Kolo's been a real unsung hero this season - played far more than any of us would have expected (and hoped) but very rarely let us down.

    I could see the Sakho situation seeing him being worth another 12 months, and I really did not expect to be saying that back in August.
    yeah - his experience has really shown - some of his blocks have been outstanding
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30,144
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Kolo's been a real unsung hero this season - played far more than any of us would have expected (and hoped) but very rarely let us down.

    I could see the Sakho situation seeing him being worth another 12 months, and I really did not expect to be saying that back in August.
    His fitness and sharpness has been massively impressive given he's been asked to randomly fill in - and in some very big games
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,664
    I'm enjoying the fact that he's made himself first choice and deservedly so. Doesn't mean I think we should have paid 20m for him, but that wasn't his fault and no point speculating whether he'll be upgraded on, well not yet anyway.

    I think he's shown more than capable of competing for his place and keeping it, Skrtel sat on the bench with Toure starting so I think he and Sakho should be worried about their future here more than Lovren.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,664
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Kolo's been a real unsung hero this season - played far more than any of us would have expected (and hoped) but very rarely let us down.
    I didn't think the signing was worth it, but he has done pretty well when called upon which is, as you say, far more than hoped and expected. I will reserve too much praise on our defence until it tightens up further still, many would like to point all their fingers at Mignolet, but he isn't the complete story. Hopefully next season we'll have a settled defence, settled midfield in front of it, and perhaps a few less second strings (maybe with the exception of one or both domestic cups, we're some way off a squad capable of competing strongly across four competitions)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I'm enjoying the fact that he's made himself first choice and deservedly so. Doesn't mean I think we should have paid 20m for him, but that wasn't his fault and no point speculating whether he'll be upgraded on, well not yet anyway.

    I think he's shown more than capable of competing for his place and keeping it, Skrtel sat on the bench with Toure starting so I think he and Sakho should be worried about their future here more than Lovren.
    You could be right. We may be looking forward to Lovren Matip partnership. The humanity in me says Sakho deserves a second chance we all make mistakes. To a club with an image to protect I'm not sure he'll survive even after the ban.

    Maybe he will, Toure got a similar ban but that was at city.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24
    He has become a monster





    @LFC_19yearwait
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You could be right. We may be looking forward to Lovren Matip partnership. The humanity in me says Sakho deserves a second chance we all make mistakes. To a club with an image to protect I'm not sure he'll survive even after the ban.

    Maybe he will, Toure got a similar ban but that was at city.
    You no longer backing Skrtel-Matip?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,007
    I am not so sure I have seen a worse player for Liverpool than Lovren last season, just awful, and then to go from that to the player he is now once again just go's to show how difficult it can be to settle at a new club for some players, and you know with Lovren I still there is a lot more to come.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,163
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    I am not so sure I have seen a worse player for Liverpool than Lovren last season, just awful, and then to go from that to the player he is now once again just go's to show how difficult it can be to settle at a new club for some players, and you know with Lovren I still there is a lot more to come.
    Several players have undergone similar transformations..... they've been Kloppulated
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,664
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Several players have undergone similar transformations..... they've been Kloppulated
    Are you a fan of Kloppulation?
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Several players have undergone similar transformations..... they've been Kloppulated
    surprised that one got past the censor
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,163
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Are you a fan of Kloppulation?
    It's better than being Rodgered!



    (could be post of the day, that!)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,163
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs-boots View Post
    surprised that one got past the censor
    It's the way i say it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,791
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    It's better than being Rodgered!



    (could be post of the day, that!)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    naturalskill is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,368
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    It's better than being Rodgered!



    (could be post of the day, that!)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •