Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 1,021 to 1,045 of 1045

Thread: Lovren Appreciation Thread. Assertive and Impenetrable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Lovren simply shouldn't have & didn't need to put his hands on the guy.
    Why are people having such a hard time realising this?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Why are people having such a hard time realising this?
    No idea mate. Skrtel had the same problem as Lovren has, simply couldn't keep his hands off players

No idea mate. Skrtel had the same problem as Lovren has, simply couldn't keep his hands off players
    Skrtel was funny on corners!

Skrtel was funny on corners!
    It was WWE time for him...used to irritate the living daylights out of me!

It was WWE time for him

It wasn’t even close to football half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Campos View Post
    This. It was a very poor decision from a ref, who I feel, wanted to create that narrative.

I've criticised Lovren on many occasions but I don't think this is one. He really barely touched him and honestly, that should be reviewed by the so-called diving panel. But it won't be.
    Bang on. Cant blame Lovren for someone diving, some clearly are though which is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Soft in the extreme that pen, funny thing is Salah's goal should never have been allowed on this refs logic, that was a far more blatant use of strength to win himself an advantage......fast forward Lovren with barely a feather touch on CL who was going nowhere and its a foul.

Just poor and a shame to see a few fans using this moment to slam Lovren again
    In fairness to him he hadn't put a foot wrong all game, despite not really having much to do. He was always going to get criticized given the season he's had so far. Fact is he should have known better than to put his hands on the guy, it wasn't necessary and was asking for trouble

In fairness to him, yes in fairness to him he is a Serie B player. Never a Champions League or Premier League winning defender.

Sack him. Just release him on a free. No decent club is going to sign him. The same for Moreno and that awful Mignolet.

In fairness to him he hadn't put a foot wrong all game, despite not really having much to do. He was always going to get criticized given the season he's had so far. Fact is he should have known better than to put his hands on the guy, it wasn't necessary and was asking for trouble
    I really don't agree. He barely touched him. It's a contact sport. There was no shove, he just used his hands as a buffer. Defenders do that all the time.

If that is a foul then there are about 80 fouls per match.

It's a dive and should have been punished.

I really don't agree. He barely touched him. It's a contact sport. There was no shove, he just used his hands as a buffer. Defenders do that all the time.

I'm not necessarily saying it was mate but what I am saying is these *********** refs only go by rules, they don't use common sense. So the ref was conned into thinking Lovren blatantly pushed him.

Hands on a players back gets a whistle every time in open play, it’s a very standard call in the modern game. In fact, any contact on the back and a player will likely drop dead, it’s horrible, but it’s the way the game is.

There was just no need for him to put his hands on his back, and there’d have been no penalty had he not. A defender should be aware of that, especially in that particular scenario.

Players try to gain advantage all the time & even more so inside the box.Remember the Sturridge-Vidic incident at Old Trafford?

Players take well calculated punts in situations like these.Vidic made no contact on Sturridge but the fact that he went in sliding and failed
    to win the ball strengthened the case for a dive.

Lewin did the same thing here.He gambled and the reason he gambled was due to Lovren's hand movement.The moment
    Lovren put his hands over Lewin's torso,he had a stronger reason to dive.I am sure he realized it was a 50-50 anyhow.

Had it been more shoulder to shoulder,its likely that the ref wouldn't have given one.

I'd like to preface this by saying that it was NOT a penalty in a million years and to see a lot of the pundits (Carragher included, no surprise there though) come out and say that it was, is really quite bizarre. However, when you put your hands on the back of another player in your own box then you give them a chance to go down and you open the door to referee incompetence. He did not have to even touch him seeing as he was carrying the ball out of the box anyways. If this was a one-off then no problem, the referee bottled it and it is what it is. With Lovren though, he's pushing and shoving strikers on corners and all over the place on a weekly basis. He just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, don't be unnecessarily aggressive when the striker is in your own box, it's that simple.

Itís nothing like that, itís just having a basic grasp of how the game is reffed, whether any of us like it or not. If a defender puts his hands on a players back in that situation, itís going to be a penalty most, if not all of the time. Itís not about agreeing with the decision, itís just knowing well that theyíre given, and defenders know that.

The other thing itís nothing like is a corner, which Iíve heard lots of now. Corners are obviously reffed differently to every other on pitch scenario, and rightly so too with so much chaos going on. This was an in the open, one on one situation, and Lovren should know better than to manage it like he did.

Answer me this:

Would it have been a penalty if Lovren didnít put his hands on his back?
    What Lovren did was standard human reaction to someone about to bump in to you. One hand was on CLís hand and the other touches CLís shoulder, it was blatant cheating by the player and why Lovren was so ********** at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Players try to gain advantage all the time & even more so inside the box.Remember the Sturridge-Vidic incident at Old Trafford?

Players take well calculated punts in situations like these.Vidic made no contact on Sturridge but the fact that he went in sliding and failed
    to win the ball strengthened the case for a dive.

Lewin did the same thing here.He gambled and the reason he gambled was due to Lovren's hand movement.The moment
    Lovren put his hands over Lewin's torso,he had a stronger reason to dive.I am sure he realized it was a 50-50 anyhow.

Had it been more shoulder to shoulder,its likely that the ref wouldn't have given one.
    The ref was so far away that it wouldn’t have mattered if it was Lovren’s ****

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    What Lovren did was standard human reaction to someone about to bump in to you. One hand was on CL’s hand and the other touches CL’s shoulder, it was blatant cheating by the player and why Lovren was so ********** at the end.
    When your getting 100k a week due to your physical abilities, you’re held to a higher standard than Joe Bloggs down the train station.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    In fairness to him, yes in fairness to him he is a Serie B player. Never a Champions League or Premier League winning defender.

Sack him. Just release him on a free. No decent club is going to sign him. The same for Moreno and that awful Mignolet.
    this , post of the day

It probably would’ve mattered to Calvert-Lewin, though.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    this , post of the day
    Your standards are awful Fred.

It probably would’ve mattered to Calvert-Lewin, though.
    lol they would’ve had to stretcher him off

lol they would’ve had to stretcher him off

When your getting 100k a week due to your physical abilities, you’re held to a higher standard than Joe Bloggs down the train station.
    he’s still a human being with hands, they go up when someone’s coming on to you (literally not figuratively).

he’s still a human being with hands, they go up when someone’s coming on to you (literally not figuratively).
    I’d say he’s extremely, extremely human.

There are two G.I.Fs that are being circulated on Twitter.The front on angle really makes it look like a non event and can
    understand why people think it's not a penalty but the one from behind,it looks as if Lovren is trying to brush aside
    Lewin.The contact could have been or indeed was minimal but Lewin gambled and it paid off.

May be i am wrong.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    There are two G.I.Fs that are being circulated on Twitter.The front on angle really makes it look like a non event and can
    understand why people think it's not a penalty but the one from behind,it looks as if Lovren is trying to brush aside
    Lewin.The contact could have been or indeed was minimal but Lewin gambled and it paid off.

May be i am wrong.
    Yeh from the behind angle (the ref's view) it looks a lot more like a pen that it was. From the front you can clearly see there was almost nothing in it.