Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The "KingKirky" Boxing Thread

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Haye is a very average heavyweight always has been now hes just a has-been
    You're not going to drag me into one of your pathetic arguments today.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    You're not going to drag me into one of your pathetic arguments today.
    Why reply then ?

Close fight with Thurman and Porter. Could have gone anyway. Draw really.

Awful show last night on PPV. I was even disappointed with Groves and Murray. And Eubank Jr coming for GGG lol Behave

Liam Smith has got the Canelo fight September 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    He's going to drag another light middleweight upto Canelo wieght to beat up ? hes becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

Great for Liam Smith, not so great for anyone who wants to see the big fights.

Apparently they've agreed the GGG - Canelo fight...for next fall. Over a year away.

He's going to drag another light middleweight upto Canelo wieght to beat up ? hes becoming a bit of a laughing stock.
    It will be at super welterweight where Smith is WBO Champion
    Last edited by Eggz; 26-6-16 at 18:30.

Great for Liam Smith, not so great for anyone who wants to see the big fights.

Apparently they've agreed the GGG - Canelo fight...for next fall. Over a year away.
    What if GGG loses to Eubank Jr

KanyeWest is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post
    David Haye oh come off it. You want me to take a fighter seriously who fights on the Dave channel.
    The fighters Joshua has been fighting wouldnt even be able to get on Dave so what does that say for Joshua??
    Haye outboxes him and beats him, no question about it. Couldnt believe he was struggling to knock out that bum yesterday, awful

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    The fighters Joshua has been fighting wouldnt even be able to get on Dave so what does that say for Joshua??
    Haye outboxes him and beats him, no question about it. Couldnt believe he was struggling to knock out that bum yesterday, awful
    Must be a small question about it surely.

Anyway, anyone watch the Thurman - Porter fight? Thought it was a very good fight, and I think Thurman just edged it with the better shots and slightly more landed. Would love to see Thurman - Brook at some point.
    Was a brilliant fight, definitely fight of the year so far.

I had Thurman up by 1 round but so many of them were extremely tight and could have gone either way, i can only think of the 2nd, 4th and 11th that had clear victors in the round. Really could have gone either way that fight

Thurman/Brook would be great but Eddie Hearn seems determined to have Brook and Joshua fight in complete mismatches for the rest of their careers because he knows he can bring anyone over, fill a UK stadium and fill his pockets. Awful what hes doing to british boxing right now

Must be a small question about it surely.
    nah... Joshua is too robotic in his movement and never moves his head. Haye would confuse the guy after 1 round... and unlike Joshua's previous opponents, Haye would actually punch him back.

The 1 time Joshua's been hit in his career he was rocked by another bum in Whyte... not a good sign

nah... Joshua is too robotic in his movement and never moves his head. Haye would confuse the guy after 1 round... and unlike Joshua's previous opponents, Haye would actually punch him back.

The 1 time Joshua's been hit in his career he was rocked by another bum in Whyte... not a good sign
    I dont know to much about Joshua only seen a few of his fights i just know Haye was very average in his prime so he cant be much good now.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    We'll wait see then, actually I hope the fight happens asap before Haye breaks a toe or something.
    ?

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Haye is a very average heavyweight always has been now hes just a has-been
    I don't see it that way, you don't beat a guy 7st heavier and a foot taller than you if you are average.

The thing with Haye is he needs to rebuild his credibility in two areas; 1. After toegate which was embarrassing and 2. As a genuine challenger, he's talking like he'd beat all the top guys which is fine if you've been active and beating top contenders.

He may or may not beat Joshua but I think he's got to earn the shot and it annoys me he seems to think he can just walk back into the top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I don't see it that way, you don't beat a guy 7st heavier and a foot taller than you if you are average.

The thing with Haye is he needs to rebuild his credibility in two areas; 1. After toegate which was embarrassing and 2. As a genuine challenger, he's talking like he'd beat all the top guys which is fine if you've been active and beating top contenders.

He may or may not beat Joshua but I think he's got to earn the shot and it annoys me he seems to think he can just walk back into the top tier.
    That's fair, he certainly needs to start fighting credible fighters again that's for sure. One or two good names and I think he'd deserve his shot. Can't be any worse than the dross AJ currently gets served up.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular

Lost every inch of respect I had for Haye when he printed those t-shirts with him holding the Klitcshko brothers heads only then to bow out with a toe injury. He ain't no boxer, just all talk.
    ?

That's fair, he certainly needs to start fighting credible fighters again that's for sure. One or two good names and I think he'd deserve his shot. Can't be any worse than the dross AJ currently gets served up.
    The thing is though these are the top challengers and if it wasn't AJ bashing them up it would be Fury or Wilder or Klitschko; they're all unbeaten; if he runs through the next lot including Haye then Fury and Klitscko are the only real credible heavies out there right now

And don't say David Price !!!!

Eubank Jr continues to call out Golovkin, admire his front; he looked superb in his last fight although that was domestic level.

It's intriguing, set aside that fact that there's a "show" aspect to the Eubanks; the early build up remsinds me of his Dad v Benn in that a lot of people wrote him off

Eubank Jr continues to call out Golovkin, admire his front; he looked superb in his last fight although that was domestic level.

It's intriguing, set aside that fact that there's a "show" aspect to the Eubanks; the early build up remsinds me of his Dad v Benn in that a lot of people wrote him off
    Gonna rip his belts off him lol

Gonna rip his belts off him lol
    He might !

People mocked his father before he fought Benn

He might !

People mocked his father before he fought Benn
    True but i put GGG on a whole new level compared to Benn

True but i put GGG on a whole new level compared to Benn
    Suppose so, Benn had been beaten by Watson but was a fearsome puncher in the same mould as Golovkin

Kell Brook will fight Golovkin at the o2 on September 10th. Holy ****, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Fair play to Brook.

Kell Brook will fight Golovkin at the o2 on September 10th. Holy ****, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Fair play to Brook.
    Just seen this. Where has this come from. Did Eubank pull and Kells gone 'I'll fight him'

changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    Looks like eubank wasn't going to sign (what a surprise) and he offered the deal to Kell instead.

Just seen this. Where has this come from. Did Eubank pull and Kells gone 'I'll fight him'
    Golovkin was on Twitter the other day saying he'd signed the contract and Eubank had 'lost his pen all of a sudden'. Looks like Brook has stepped up, and fair play to him for doing so. What a win that would be.

Golovkin was on Twitter the other day saying he'd signed the contract and Eubank had 'lost his pen all of a sudden'. Looks like Brook has stepped up, and fair play to him for doing so. What a win that would be.
    I seen the photo and with contract, but then i seen Eubank Jr replying back. Im not on twitter so only what i seen searching. Liverpool v Leicester 5.30 and then Brook fight - Happy Days

I honestly thought Eubank was going to fight him, Brook is taking a huge huge gamble jumping up two weights