Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2424

Thread: The "KingKirky" Boxing Thread

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Ortiz pops for a banned substance and is out of the Wilder fight. No doubt we'll hear how it was a tainted supplement and he didn't know

Hope Whyte gets the fight now, I actually think he'd give Wilder problems.
    no really ? i was looking forward to that fight at long last a real fight for Wilder

ha ha just seen our Dillian ready to step in ?
    Last edited by aylesbyred; 29-9-17 at 12:18.
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

A night at the Echo Arena for Sky tonight, donít know all these boxers but looking forward to seeing Sean Dodd again, not a world beater but all action and always delivers a spectacle

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    So the WBC have ordered a rematch between Canelo and GGG but we all knew it was going to happen. This just makes sure it happens instantly. Both fighters have been nothing short of exceptional the last few years and I would love to see the winner go on to become undisputed middleweight champion, but would BJ Saunders take the fight?

Rumors are Saunders is ready to fight Khan, but I think he would easily win that fight at middleweight.

As for Wilder's fight being called off with Ortiz and Whyte asking for the fight .. well I think Whyte has done no where near enough to earn a shot, I wouldn't have him in the top 10 heavyweight's in the world so he should probably fight a few higher ranked fighters first. 2 of last 5 fights were 8 rounders and he also won decisions against Chisora (good fight) and David Allen so he just isn't ready. I think Wilder has serious power but is yet to be tested so it's a shame about Ortiz. I'd like to see him fight Povetkin provided he passes a drugs test.

David Haye v Bellew II .... I think if Haye can box smart he could win on points. I cannot see him stopping Bellew who is an excellent fighter no matter what anyone says. If I were to make a prediction now I'd say Haye might avenge the defeat on points, but only if his body can hold up. Which is a big IF.

Quote Originally Posted by *Wolfy* View Post
    So the WBC have ordered a rematch between Canelo and GGG but we all knew it was going to happen. This just makes sure it happens instantly. Both fighters have been nothing short of exceptional the last few years and I would love to see the winner go on to become undisputed middleweight champion, but would BJ Saunders take the fight?

Rumors are Saunders is ready to fight Khan, but I think he would easily win that fight at middleweight.

As for Wilder's fight being called off with Ortiz and Whyte asking for the fight .. well I think Whyte has done no where near enough to earn a shot, I wouldn't have him in the top 10 heavyweight's in the world so he should probably fight a few higher ranked fighters first. 2 of last 5 fights were 8 rounders and he also won decisions against Chisora (good fight) and David Allen so he just isn't ready. I think Wilder has serious power but is yet to be tested so it's a shame about Ortiz. I'd like to see him fight Povetkin provided he passes a drugs test.

David Haye v Bellew II .... I think if Haye can box smart he could win on points. I cannot see him stopping Bellew who is an excellent fighter no matter what anyone says. If I were to make a prediction now I'd say Haye might avenge the defeat on points, but only if his body can hold up. Which is a big IF.
    Some good points mate, re the Haye fight I genuinely think Haye canít box for 12 rounds I think he has to knock or Bellew to win the fight. This whole thing about his body holding up is a nonsense really, an Achilles rupture is rare in a boxer, Iíve had one myself at a very young age so it wouldnít have been age related in my opinion.

I do think the first fight wasnít a proper conclusion, no matter how much Bellew says it was a proper ko it wasnít for me so Iím looking forward to the rematch.

Donít be surprised to see a trilogy
    dont look back in anger.

I thought all of the WSS were on ITV4.....next 2 fights on PPV.

WT actual F

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    I thought all of the WSS were on ITV4.....next 2 fights on PPV.

WT actual F
    No they said it was gettin spread across the network

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    No they said it was gettin spread across the network
    Meh, am tuning into now anyway...think he's the biggest talent in boxing right now after Floyd and Ward retiring.

Great to watch

Undercard to this fight is a bit of a joke.

Meh, am tuning into now anyway...think he's the biggest talent in boxing right now after Floyd and Ward retiring.

Great to watch
    Ive got it for free so nothing else better after Crolla v Burns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTvHImTKlgQ

surprised 1 of these guys weren't involved in the WSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTvHImTKlgQ

surprised 1 of these guys weren't involved in the WSS
    Prob cause that fight had been made and bigger for personal achievements

Prob cause that fight had been made and bigger for personal achievements
    probably right, would like to see winner of this tourn face off against Ramirez, Ramirez himself has declared interest to fight either Smith or Eubank.

anyway prediction time, Eubank wares him down and ref stops it in round number 6

probably right, would like to see winner of this tourn face off against Ramirez, Ramirez himself has declared interest to fight either Smith or Eubank.

anyway prediction time, Eubank wares him down and ref stops it in round number 6
    Round 8 but can see Eubank troubled in first couple maybe 3rd but eventually over power him

Here we gooo

Great round for eubank

Wow.

devastating

Smith, Groves.....watch out

Crolla v Groves on

Fair play Eubank but nothing to scare Smith or Groves for me

Crolla v Groves on

Fair play Eubank but nothing to scare Smith or Groves for me

Crolla v Groves?

Eubank will stop Groves in the new year.

Crolla v Groves?

Eubank will stop Groves in the new year.
    Think i was trying to make 2 points in one

I see Linares and Mikey Garcia been ordered to fight each other

Andrew Selby on channel 5 doing his bit, not sure about giving the opponent free punches though....

Andrew Selby on channel 5 doing his bit, not sure about giving the opponent free punches though....
    Over did it show boating there but job done

How impressive was Conor benn last night, just saw his performance.

speed & power

Like to see him fight Skeete soon.

How impressive was Conor benn last night, just saw his performance.

speed & power

Like to see him fight Skeete soon.
    He looked great. Interesting he’s off to America to fight, I think they will love him

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    Well it's been pretty hectic in the boxing calendar this year, but yet again there are some more then decent bouts to look forward to this weekend:

Erislandy Lara v Terrell Gausha

Lara defends his WBA Super world super-welterweight belt against an unbeaten foe. Although Gausha is 30, he hasn't built up any big wins in his 20 fight career and I will be surprised if he hears the final bell. Lara has been rebuilding his career since defeat to Canelo 3 years ago and I think he will stop his opponent in the middle to late rounds.

Jermell Charlo v Erickson Lubin

The WBC champion in the same division comes up against a tough competitor in Erickson Lubin. Lubin is only 22 but unbeaten in 18 fights. However he also hasn't fought at this level so Charlo should defend his belt.

George Groves v Jamie Cox

Moving up to super middleweight, Groves has his chance to set up a mouthwatering clash with Eubank Jr. in the WBS tournament semi finals. Groves impressively beat Fedor Chudinov in the 6th round last time out to win his WBA world title but I still have question marks over him when it comes to the big fights. Cox is a decent fighter with a 24 fight unbeaten record but Groves should win this easily. Cox hasn't the experience at this level, but if Groves doesn't show up at his best, it could be a points victory. Otherwise an early-middle round stoppage should be on the cards.

Abner Mares faces Andres Gutierrez in the featherweight division knowing an impressive victory might get him a rematch with Leo Santa Cruz. Andres Gutierrez hasn't been active in over a year so Mares should win this one.

Meanwhile the WBA champion Santa Cruz faces Chris Avalos who has lost 3 of his last 5 fights.

Anyone predict any shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by *Wolfy* View Post
    Well it's been pretty hectic in the boxing calendar this year, but yet again there are some more then decent bouts to look forward to this weekend:

Erislandy Lara v Terrell Gausha

Lara defends his WBA Super world super-welterweight belt against an unbeaten foe. Although Gausha is 30, he hasn't built up any big wins in his 20 fight career and I will be surprised if he hears the final bell. Lara has been rebuilding his career since defeat to Canelo 3 years ago and I think he will stop his opponent in the middle to late rounds.

Jermell Charlo v Erickson Lubin

The WBC champion in the same division comes up against a tough competitor in Erickson Lubin. Lubin is only 22 but unbeaten in 18 fights. However he also hasn't fought at this level so Charlo should defend his belt.

George Groves v Jamie Cox

Moving up to super middleweight, Groves has his chance to set up a mouthwatering clash with Eubank Jr. in the WBS tournament semi finals. Groves impressively beat Fedor Chudinov in the 6th round last time out to win his WBA world title but I still have question marks over him when it comes to the big fights. Cox is a decent fighter with a 24 fight unbeaten record but Groves should win this easily. Cox hasn't the experience at this level, but if Groves doesn't show up at his best, it could be a points victory. Otherwise an early-middle round stoppage should be on the cards.

Abner Mares faces Andres Gutierrez in the featherweight division knowing an impressive victory might get him a rematch with Leo Santa Cruz. Andres Gutierrez hasn't been active in over a year so Mares should win this one.

Meanwhile the WBA champion Santa Cruz faces Chris Avalos who has lost 3 of his last 5 fights.

Anyone predict any shocks?
    Just got the Groves v Cox fight, hope Groves wins as him against Eubank JNR would be a cracker of a fight.

I do like the idea of this competition, not as drawn out as the one Froch did a few years back, and it's great that World Titles are on the line.

I hope Callum Smith wins it, he will need to go to another level though.

What channel ?

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    What channel ?
    ITV box office

Lovely body shot to end it, Groves wins in the 4th.

Looking forward to him fighting Eubank

Quote Originally Posted by brummiered01 View Post
    Lovely body shot to end it, Groves wins in the 4th.

Looking forward to him fighting Eubank
    Didn't watch it, sure as hell were'nt paying tenner to watch that.

Eubank will beat Groves up & that is a fight I will be tuning in on ITV box office come the new year