Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2363

Thread: The "KingKirky" Boxing Thread

  1. #1381  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by BrummieRed View Post
    Haven't found time to watch it all but looked like a close fight, and a good one.

    Agree re Canelo vs GGG though, it's what most want to see.

    Doubt it'll happen though, not for a few years anyway.

    One of the saddest things in boxing is seeing big fights not getting arranged, or being scheduled too far down the line
    deffo mate, the 'fight of the century' is a great example of that
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1382  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,103
    Ouch, Linares was far too good for Crolla tonight. Crolla was brave, but Linares is class.

    The Golden Boy has put some beef on...he must have had a very good Christmas!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1383  
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23,043
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Ouch, Linares was far too good for Crolla tonight. Crolla was brave, but Linares is class.

    The Golden Boy has put some beef on...he must have had a very good Christmas!
    Yep fair play to Crolla, he's certainly a battler.

    But totally outclassed by Linares tonight.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1384  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Ouch, Linares was far too good for Crolla tonight. Crolla was brave, but Linares is class.

    The Golden Boy has put some beef on...he must have had a very good Christmas!
    Least Crolla won a round this time round. (1st) Massive difference in class.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1385  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Least Crolla won a round this time round. (1st) Massive difference in class.
    Yep, very early it became clear he had no chance, did well to get up after that stinging uppercut.

    Linares has such fantastic movement, slipped any real problems & his hand speed for counter punches was great to watch, bit of a lesson dished out all in all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1386  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Yep, very early it became clear he had no chance, did well to get up after that stinging uppercut.

    Linares has such fantastic movement, slipped any real problems & his hand speed for counter punches was great to watch, bit of a lesson dished out all in all.
    Great shot that. It hardly touched but prob felt like a steam train thoses couple of seconds after when the brain reacts
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1387  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Great shot that. It hardly touched but prob felt like a steam train thoses couple of seconds after when the brain reacts
    You could see the effect it had it completely scrambled his senses great punch
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1388  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    You could see the effect it had it completely scrambled his senses great punch
    It was like me tryin to dance at 3am
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1389  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32,920
    Linares is quality, real smooth top class operator. I like Crolla and all, but he's not in this guy's league. Talk of Linares - Mikey Garcia next, yes please! Also saw Linares say he wants Lomachenko
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1390  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Great shot that. It hardly touched but prob felt like a steam train thoses couple of seconds after when the brain reacts
    Aye Crolla had a split second of thinking he was alright then he's seeing the canvas rush towards him

    Beautiful shot as you say and just a real classy boxer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1391  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Aye Crolla had a split second of thinking he was alright then he's seeing the canvas rush towards him

    Beautiful shot as you say and just a real classy boxer.
    I even thought Linares took it easy on him. Partly cause they got on. The looks at the end of reach round was like 'come on mate, i don't want to do this'

    He then sat back and just did enough in rounds to win. Classy boxer and classy bloke
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1392  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32,920
    Lomachenko put on another clinic last night. I know his opponent was way out of his depth, but Lomachenko is just so smooth, he has it all. Hopefully he gets the big fights he wants next, I see Mikey Garcia calling him out
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1393  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,103
    Hope Ricky Burns wins, but this fella he's fighting could be tasty...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1394  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Hope Ricky Burns wins, but this fella he's fighting could be tasty...
    Burns totally outclassed
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1395  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Burns totally outclassed
    Should retire
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1396  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Should retire
    He's been brilliant but that's his 6th defeat

    No shame in that though the lad he fought was brilliant too be fair
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1397  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    7,620
    i didn't think indongo was that great, he seemed to be very 1 dimensional although it worked.

    Burns couldn't seem to get near him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1398  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    7,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Should retire
    He's already said he'll come again
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1399  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,917
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    i didn't think indongo was that great, he seemed to be very 1 dimensional although it worked.

    Burns couldn't seem to get near him.
    He was good, moved well, always found the angle to attack & dominate, countered well, some big hits...totally outclassed Burns who as you say couldn't get near him.

    Indongo is very tall for the division, huge long reach, got some power too, could go on to dominate

    Burns probably best to call it a day despite his best efforts
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1400  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    i didn't think indongo was that great, he seemed to be very 1 dimensional although it worked.

    Burns couldn't seem to get near him.
    Didn't you ? I thought he was great tbh, slick fast good on his feet, really impressed by him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1401  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    He's already said he'll come again
    He fails at top level. Which is no disgrace
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1402  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    He fails at top level. Which is no disgrace
    He's a three time world champion, no failure there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1403  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    He's a three time world champion, no failure there.
    Its a weird one for me, yes he has won a few belts but ive never really rated him. Everytime he meets anyone top draw he gets unbeliveable exposed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1404  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Its a weird one for me, yes he has won a few belts but ive never really rated him. Everytime he meets anyone top draw he gets unbeliveable exposed.
    Yeah that's a fair point; effectively he's an solid champion when he gets a belt but he's not elite level
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1405  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,952
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Yeah that's a fair point; effectively he's an solid champion when he gets a belt but he's not elite level
    Yeah thats better put than my words
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1406  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Yeah thats better put than my words
    yeah

    I get your point though, there are levels of world champions now; he's a good champion but he's always there to be shot at by the next guy coming up unfortunately and whenever he's coming up against somebody with boxing class and skill he gets into difficulty.
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1407  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,917
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Didn't you ? I thought he was great tbh, slick fast good on his feet, really impressed by him.
    Indeed

    Thing is we can watch so much boxing that some fans can forget what an incredibly hard sport it is and what a skill set it takes to fight and be fought against..... and this guy was slickness personified, always picked Burns off and never lost his concentration or energy it seemed

    We was anything but 'one dimensional,' incredibly harsh and odd critique that from the poster
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1408  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Indeed

    Thing is we can watch so much boxing that some fans can forget what an incredibly hard sport it is and what a skill set it takes to fight and be fought against..... and this guy was slickness personified, always picked Burns off and never lost his concentration or energy it seemed

    We was anything but 'one dimensional,' incredibly harsh and odd critique that from the poster
    we all see things differently, his movement was superb and he was able to deal with pretty much eveyrthing Burns had.

    tall rangey southpaw - could go a long way
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1409  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,917
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    we all see things differently, his movement was superb and he was able to deal with pretty much eveyrthing Burns had.

    tall rangey southpaw - could go a long way
    Aye, really unusually rangy for that division too, nasty to fight.

    Burns didn't have enough though he never really moved in terms of attacking from angles, Burns was the only one dimensional boxer in that sense, just kept coming in relatively straight and getting picked off before backing of and doing it all again.

    Still, balls of steel to be fair to the lad, exhausting fight to be in when you just know the other guy is too quick, got you at arms length and is out manovering you
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1410  
    aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    49,806
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Aye, really unusually rangy for that division too, nasty to fight.

    Burns didn't have enough though he never really moved in terms of attacking from angles, Burns was the only one dimensional boxer in that sense, just kept coming in relatively straight and getting picked off before backing of and doing it all again.

    Still, balls of steel to be fair to the lad, exhausting fight to be in when you just know the other guy is too quick, got you at arms length and is out manovering you
    So the big Heavyweight dust is nearly here - whats your view ?
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •