Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1706

Thread: The "KingKirky" Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    So the big Heavyweight dust is nearly here - whats your view ?
    Looking forward to this one.

Got to fancy AJ, Klitschko won't be able to rely on his straight jab and bully AJ too much though his experience may lend itself to that for a period of the fight.

I think if AJ can follow Fury's lead in a sense, keep it unpredictable and use his own weight and height, then I wonder if Wlad can handle it especially with AJ's speed if he can let his hands go.

Certainly should be so much harder for AJ to clear out Wlad or whether he can knock him out at all, he also has to watch for Wlad's under rated hook too.

Problem is we don't really know what condition Wlad is in really and how much he wants it.

What you thinking ayles?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Looking forward to this one.

Got to fancy AJ, Klitschko won't be able to rely on his straight jab and bully AJ too much though his experience may lend itself to that for a period of the fight.

I think if AJ can follow Fury's lead in a sense, keep it unpredictable and use his own weight and height, then I wonder if Wlad can handle it especially with AJ's speed if he can let his hands go.

Certainly should be so much harder for AJ to clear out Wlad or whether he can knock him out at all, he also has to watch for Wlad's under rated hook too.

Problem is we don't really know what condition Wlad is in really and how much he wants it.

What you thinking ayles?
    I'm always wary of an ex champion in a title fight, i think Wlads hunger is there for sure and it's been a long time since he was taken out or even dropped really; if AJ does that then he really is in the box seat in the division as weirdly enough he still has really faced anyone of true quality so this will give him the recognition he deserves.

People seem to miss AJ is a good boxer too and carries a solid jab, I think AJ wins really early or it goes to points.

Good to see the mutual respect in the build up too, the last 3 Brits to face him made me cringe with their antics too be honest

Fascinating.
    dont look back in anger.

I'm always wary of an ex champion in a title fight, i think Wlads hunger is there for sure and it's been a long time since he was taken out or even dropped really; if AJ does that then he really is in the box seat in the division as weirdly enough he still has really faced anyone of true quality so this will give him the recognition he deserves.

People seem to miss AJ is a good boxer too and carries a solid jab, I think AJ wins really early or it goes to points.

Good to see the mutual respect in the build up too, the last 3 Brits to face him made me cringe with their antics too be honest

Fascinating.
    I think people get annoyed maybe at the hype machine around the guy and don't quite isolate that from his actual ability.

The hunger factor is key like you say, the fact Wlad has taken the fight shows how hungry he is really and you know when he gets caught he won't buckle and think about canning it like AJ's previous fights (you can see in those the moments they've been hit with a big jab or a straight they are soon outta there).

Its nice to have a big fight to look forward to

Fascinating.
    So much power and speed in Joshua, it's a deadly combination. Am sure he'll take things slowly early on, don't think he'll take too many risks against such a top class fighter in Wlad.

My biggest criticism of Joshua is that he's often a bit erratic when he does throw combinations, leaving himself a bit open.

I'm going for a Wlad win, either late stoppage or on points

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieRed View Post
    So much power and speed in Joshua, it's a deadly combination. Am sure he'll take things slowly early on, don't think he'll take too many risks against such a top class fighter in Wlad.

My biggest criticism of Joshua is that he's often a bit erratic when he does throw combinations, leaving himself a bit open.

are you, interesting prediction mate

he does leave himself open when he's winging away i agree
    dont look back in anger.

True though whether Wlad has the tools & aggression to take advantage of that will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    True though whether Wlad has the tools & aggression to take advantage of that will be interesting

Will be an interesting fight, can't shake the feeling that Wlad has enough about him to take it into the later rounds and I'm still not convinced Joshua will have enough stamina if he does.

Ofcourse there's always the strong possibility that Joshua lands too much early on and finishes it quickly.

Looking forward to see how Joshua handles such a good fighter, it's still a bit of an unknown for him really

Will be an interesting fight, can't shake the feeling that Wlad has enough about him to take it into the later rounds and I'm still not convinced Joshua will have enough stamina if he does.

Ofcourse there's always the strong possibility that Joshua lands too much early on and finishes it quickly.

Looking forward to see how Joshua handles such a good fighter, it's still a bit of an unknown for him really
    Exactly right, it's his first real real test and the interesting thing is Whyte had him going and he's European level at best, in a way it would be good for AJ not to blow him out early to see exactly what he's got - can he get up if he goe, can he dig in, can he box to points, all this stuff good and great champions of the past have done, Wlad, Holyfield, Bowe be good to see how good AJ is.
    dont look back in anger.

Yep well said Brummie, it will be fascinating in that respect.

The slight issue I see with Wlad sometimes, or historically, is his lack of front foot aggression in fights, he tended to wear most of his opponents down and when the openings appeared he wouldn't often capitalise but go the distance or the longer route....so is it something he'd be willing to do with Joshua perhaps, but as you say with Joshua at times being more open when putting together flurries, Wlad could if he has the ability, do damage with aggressive counter work.

Really looking forward to it now, a proper heavyweight fight seems few far and between, the last being slightly ruined by Fury's behaviour after becoming a champ

Porter v Burko

Pair of bar room brawlers.
    Porter just wants to hug him

just watching anthony joshua documentary seems a sound guy like him

Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    just watching anthony joshua documentary seems a sound guy like him
    he's a great lad too be fair, no nonsense, no trash talk just a laid back easer geezer think that's why he has a growing fanbase.
    dont look back in anger.

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    I'm gonna go with Klitschko.

That was a boring press conference. Everyone was too nice. No one even threatened to eat anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    That was a boring press conference. Everyone was too nice. No one even threatened to eat anyone.
    Them were the days.....I'll eat yer kids...
    Ok Mike, would you like them cooked first..Too late

Anybody know the full undercard for the Joshua v Klitchsko fight?

Really hope Aj wins and think he will...although I have this nagging doubt it will be very scary in the later rounds. Just hope stamina doesn't hinder Aj.

Deontay Wilder has converted me to a fan, what a smashing guy he is

changeaname is offline Academy prospect
    I am going for Joshua stoppage rounds 4-9, good luck if any of you have any bets

Quote Originally Posted by changeaname View Post
    I am going for Joshua stoppage rounds 4-9, good luck if any of you have any bets
    Klitschko in the 10th. 50/1

Fascinating stuff this, I genuinely have no idea how this will play out, I hope Joshua blasts him in two and makes the mother of all statements.

Fascinating stuff this, I genuinely have no idea how this will play out, I hope Joshua blasts him in two and makes the mother of all statements.
    I think Klitschko is too wily to let that happen, he will be wary of AJs power early on and try to wear him down, interesting if it goes some distance, think I'm right in saying AJ hasn't been beyond 6 before.

I'm going Joshua really only based on youth and speed vs a 36 year old , 37 now ? Age catches us all up and I'm not sure Klitschko can roll back the amount of years he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    I think Klitschko is too wily to let that happen, he will be wary of AJs power early on and try to wear him down, interesting if it goes some distance, think I'm right in saying AJ hasn't been beyond 6 before.

I'm going Joshua really only based on youth and speed vs a 36 year old , 37 now ? Age catches us all up and I'm not sure Klitschko can roll back the amount of years he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Anybody know the full undercard for the Joshua v Klitchsko fight?

Really hope Aj wins and think he will...although I have this nagging doubt it will be very scary in the later rounds. Just hope stamina doesn't hinder Aj.
    Scott Quigg vs Viorel Simion
    Luke Campbell vs Darleys Perez
    Katie Taylor vs Nina Meink
    Lawrence Okolie vs Russ Henshaw
    Joe Cordina vs Sergej Vib
    Josh Kelly vs Faheem Khan

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaLxTc View Post
    Jesus, even more belief in AJ now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaLxTc View Post
    Scott Quigg vs Viorel Simion
    Luke Campbell vs Darleys Perez
    Katie Taylor vs Nina Meink
    Lawrence Okolie vs Russ Henshaw
    Joe Cordina vs TBA
    Josh Kelly vs Faheem Khan
    Katie Taylor looks really good and is getting great hype. I have to say though......as sexist as it is I really don't like girls fighting, it just feels wrong.

Deontay Wilder has converted me to a fan, what a smashing guy he is
    me too ayles,.... can be a bit of a loose cannon though..... did you see his "beef" with Bellew....

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Katie Taylor looks really good and is getting great hype. I have to say though......as sexist as it is I really don't like girls fighting, it just feels wrong.
    Personally I'm glad women finally have a constructive outlet for their inherent viciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by meistermind View Post
    me too ayles,.... can be a bit of a loose cannon though..... did you see his "beef" with Bellew....
    I never but his interview with nelson and the presenter was really good he seems a really nice guy

Personally I'm glad women finally have a constructive outlet for their inherent viciousness.