Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Twin Peaks 2017

1. #1 Default Twin Peaks 2017 
    I thought it had been scrapped but it seems David Lynch has kissed and made up with TV company Showtime and they're already halfway through filming season 1 (aka season 3). Looking forward to this. Screening starts around June 2017
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

geralion is offline Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by spencermax View Post
    I thought it had been scrapped but it seems David Lynch has kissed and made up with TV company Showtime and they're already halfway through filming season 1 (aka season 3). Looking forward to this. Screening starts around June 2017
    Thanks for the update! Looking forwards immensely! I actually made a trip to Snoqualmie where it was filmed. Very atmospheric and they totally don't play the Twin Peaks card - which is great and makes it even more "real".

Yes old news this, can't wait!

I did do a thread on Twin Peaks last year after Lynch announced he was back on board

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    Have you guys seen the cast? All kinds of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehez View Post
    Have you guys seen the cast? All kinds of amazing.
    Lots of the original cast members though a lot have passed on too from what I gather

Be nice to keep this thread going and pop on some links of news etc..

Awesome thanks or posting, shame Donna won't be in it this time around but then they did replace her for the Fire Walk With Me film way back when

Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    Thanks for the update! Looking forwards immensely! I actually made a trip to Snoqualmie where it was filmed. Very atmospheric and they totally don't play the Twin Peaks card - which is great and makes it even more "real".
    Yeah I've heard about that, sounds like an amazing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Yes old news this, can't wait!

I did do a thread on Twin Peaks last year after Lynch announced he was back on board

I searched for a thread and couldn't find it

I searched for a thread and couldn't find it
    I'll have a route around but your thread is doing the job, re-energised

MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    Oh god, I wish they would just leave classics like this alone.
    Il watch it, but I dont hold out much expectation, that stars channel has the budget similar to channel five.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Il watch it, but I dont hold out much expectation, that stars channel has the budget similar to channel five.
    To be fair, it was not that classic in its second season

Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    True, I think the show stopped being amazing after they solved the murder mystery. The rest of the second season is decent.

However, the first 10-15 episodes of this show are so amazing that it deserves the classic tag IMO.

To be fair the same writers in Frost & Lynch are doing it again along with a lot of the cast so it should retain some quality and its not a prequel or re-write or dabbling with the originals, its a follow on which they always hinted they'd do....alla the infamous 'see you in 25 years'

True, I think the show stopped being amazing after they solved the murder mystery. The rest of the second season is decent.

However, the first 10-15 episodes of this show are so amazing that it deserves the classic tag IMO.
    Aye and that was when Lynch walked out for a while leaving Frost to carry on, the broadcasters leaned on them to reveal the murderer early which meant it had nowhere to go for a while, it did pickup again at the end though once Lynch was back on board, got that original feel back to it, especially the last episode which scared the living **** out of me at the time

I'm sure with Lynch's imagination as weird as it is and with the length of time that has passed - He must be running riot with ideas - we could be in for a treat

I'm sure with Lynch's imagination as weird as it is and with the length of time that has passed - He must be running riot with ideas - we could be in for a treat
    My thoughts exactly

Plenty of scope to be brilliant really, Cooper is possessed still, we had the general who was studying the occult and I think he could be a key character, have him go search for Cooper's soul beyond the curtains or some such

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    I tend to avoid watching remakes and revivals, for fear it takes something away from the original. It was good, all things come to an end, when your pet dies you don't bury it then dig it up a few years later to try and bring back the good old times because, well, it's still dead, and could badly spoil memories having a skeleton in your house.

Honest appraisal is that the second season was always likely to have a dip in quality, however I think even after we find out whodunit it wasn't so bad. The whole Andy vs the weird department store guy was a bit naff, as was tacky the beauty contest.

However Randall Bolt from Due South did provide some interesting moments, Kenneth Walsh and his chess game with Cooper was interesting at times and the drugs bust with Mr/Mrs X-Files as the cross dressing DEA agent was eyebrow raising. It ran out of juice, I don't know whether to watch "Fire, Walk With Me" for the same fear as expressed at the start of this post, and I'm guessing poor old Leo bites the bullet (deadly spider?)

Not sure where they can take it either. I guess with the supernatural element or whatever you want to call it then they could bring almost any dead character into it, but if they just recycle the same kind of plots then that would be naff and with so much history over the 2 series hasn't it kinda lost its spark....?!? Like winning the league for the 5th consecutive time, you feel the magic of winning it a first time is never going to be as special each time, other than obviously the achievement of the run - but that won't work in a glorified drama-soap
    People will believe what they want to believe

Did like his cameos in it, although the bit where he wasn't deaf listening to Shelly was a bit rubbish (was Shelly wasn't it)

Didn't say last post, but also old characters going back and doing the same series X years later does feel rather naff too. Made me embarrassed seeing the old skool in the new Star Wars, not sure any bar the droids carried it off at all well. And we know what happened to one, that was ac rap plot line

Here's a bit of fun with talking backwards, in The Red Room, dwarf-style

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gjL3wMKXL8

It reads: “MY NAME IS SPENCERMAX, LIVERPOOL I LOVE YOU! WE HAVE A NEW MANAGER, HIS NAME IS JURGEN KLOPP”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I tend to avoid watching remakes and revivals, for fear it takes something away from the original. It was good, all things come to an end, when your pet dies you don't bury it then dig it up a few years later to try and bring back the good old times because, well, it's still dead, and could badly spoil memories having a skeleton in your house.

Honest appraisal is that the second season was always likely to have a dip in quality, however I think even after we find out whodunit it wasn't so bad. The whole Andy vs the weird department store guy was a bit naff, as was tacky the beauty contest.

However Randall Bolt from Due South did provide some interesting moments, Kenneth Walsh and his chess game with Cooper was interesting at times and the drugs bust with Mr/Mrs X-Files as the cross dressing DEA agent was eyebrow raising. It ran out of juice, I don't know whether to watch "Fire, Walk With Me" for the same fear as expressed at the start of this post, and I'm guessing poor old Leo bites the bullet (deadly spider?)

Not sure where they can take it either. I guess with the supernatural element or whatever you want to call it then they could bring almost any dead character into it, but if they just recycle the same kind of plots then that would be naff and with so much history over the 2 series hasn't it kinda lost its spark....?!? Like winning the league for the 5th consecutive time, you feel the magic of winning it a first time is never going to be as special each time, other than obviously the achievement of the run - but that won't work in a glorified drama-soap
    Oh I think they can take it plenty if places, be a bit limited in the old noggins if they couldn't.

You could argue it was always set up to carry on, the infamous see you in 25 years line from Laura and here we are.

Cooper is lost in the black lodge, Bob is on the loose, so what happened since all that and who will enter the black lodge to find and save Cooper's soul.....plenty to be done

I'm going to have to re-watch Twin Peaks before the new series comes out. I didn't actually finish the second series! Was absolutely captivated by the 1st but struggled to get half way through the 2nd.

Some of my friends (who normally have good taste) couldn't even get past the first episode or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I'm going to have to re-watch Twin Peaks before the new series comes out. I didn't actually finish the second series! Was absolutely captivated by the 1st but struggled to get half way through the 2nd.

Some of my friends (who normally have good taste) couldn't even get past the first episode or two.
    Aye it dips and that was down to a fall out with Lynch and the producers over the murderer reveal, he didn't want the murderer to be known till much later in the piece.

It does return back to its creepy edgy feel towards the end of that second series.

It is dated in part, comically cliched but that was part of the humour I think, it lost its way, recovered though IMO and I'm fascinated to see what Frost & Lynch do with now as it was such a loaded unique story in terms of the actual murder of Laura Palmer etc, used to creep me out horribly

Oh I think they can take it plenty if places, be a bit limited in the old noggins if they couldn't.
    I meant worthwhile places, they could have an alien invasion or make it just like the x-files, doubt it would be good and modern series tend to go off in bad directions far too often.

You could argue it was always set up to carry on, the infamous see you in 25 years line from Laura and here we are.
    I thought a lot of series were intended to continue, they just didn't. Just reading up on it on wiki, and they usually say something about shows that hadn't been intended to end, and I gather the network only under pressure put on the final six episodes.

Also interesting to read Lynch wasn't too happy that they concluded the whodunit murder of Laura Palmer when they did, and you're confident they'll find a good place to take it when they struggled after said revelation - and that was what, 20+ years ago, when it was good...........?

I have been told to be cautious about watching "Fire, Walk With Me", more evidence to suggest maybe it had its day, but like said aforementioned x-files they're running out of new material so getting a bit nostalgic and carrying around shovels as a matter of course nowadays.

One series I would love for them to rekindle, ONLY IF THEY DO IT RIGHT, is Firefly.[/quote]

Cooper is lost in the black lodge, Bob is on the loose, so what happened since all that and who will enter the black lodge to find and save Cooper's soul.....plenty to be done
    Really don't think doing that to Cooper was the right move, to almost any other character might have worked. The series lost it's mystery a bit and after the cliffhanger/conclusion, just plodded off the edge of the cliff. Once you got to see the characters over 15-20 episodes it sat into almost a soap opera pace, Cooper finding a love interest, the ridiculous Nadine storyline(s), not sure the Leo direction was wise either.

Did espy Hank in a film the other night, First Blood. I loved Twin Peaks but I think it was back in the day when repeats were barely heard of so you made sure you were in, or taped it if you were lucky enough to be able to, and once it got midway through series 2 maybe it should have stopped for good. Not sure how long you could have dragged out the whodunit, would have become ridiculous to have Bob killing the whole town off, and I think the drop in ratings proves it (was time to stop)

I don't doubt it will be popular, nostalgia and the cult status effect where it lives in legend so even people who may not have seen it at the time love it as if they had. I mean Batman and Star Trek were before my time, but on TV a lot (which Twin Peaks hasn't been but still) when we grew up, but I think it will struggle so many years on to have the same impact it did back in the early 90s. Caught a glimpse of maybe 1-2 minutes of Still Open All Hours, switched off with Granville playing Arkwright and it simply ran too huge a risk of spoiling the originals.

Some things were good in their day, remember them fondly, but that is where they 'belong' as in when they were at their best/in their pomp. I do watch some things on DVD, Blakes 7, Due South, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, Firefly, Farscape etc, but some stand the test of time better than others and Twin Peaks does ok but it's 'edge' was in the mystery. Like watching a film with a twist, next time you watch it the twist has lost its edge.

It happens. I remember the first time I watched Friends, kinda agreed to with a bunch of people and thought it was pants, as I thought of Alan Partridge I think it was. The Friends episode was "The One With The East German Laundry Detergent" or whatever it was, and if you watch it you can see some of the early episodes were pretty ordinary.

Perhaps it was the sedate pace, some people simply want action, action, action, or perhaps it is just their Achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I meant worthwhile places, they could have an alien invasion or make it just like the x-files, doubt it would be good and modern series tend to go off in bad directions far too often.

I thought a lot of series were intended to continue, they just didn't. Just reading up on it on wiki, and they usually say something about shows that hadn't been intended to end, and I gather the network only under pressure put on the final six episodes.

Also interesting to read Lynch wasn't too happy that they concluded the whodunit murder of Laura Palmer when they did, and you're confident they'll find a good place to take it when they struggled after said revelation - and that was what, 20+ years ago, when it was good...........?

I have been told to be cautious about watching "Fire, Walk With Me", more evidence to suggest maybe it had its day, but like said aforementioned x-files they're running out of new material so getting a bit nostalgic and carrying around shovels as a matter of course nowadays.

One series I would love for them to rekindle, ONLY IF THEY DO IT RIGHT, is Firefly.

Really don't think doing that to Cooper was the right move, to almost any other character might have worked. The series lost it's mystery a bit and after the cliffhanger/conclusion, just plodded off the edge of the cliff. Once you got to see the characters over 15-20 episodes it sat into almost a soap opera pace, Cooper finding a love interest, the ridiculous Nadine storyline(s), not sure the Leo direction was wise either.

Did espy Hank in a film the other night, First Blood. I loved Twin Peaks but I think it was back in the day when repeats were barely heard of so you made sure you were in, or taped it if you were lucky enough to be able to, and once it got midway through series 2 maybe it should have stopped for good. Not sure how long you could have dragged out the whodunit, would have become ridiculous to have Bob killing the whole town off, and I think the drop in ratings proves it (was time to stop)

I don't doubt it will be popular, nostalgia and the cult status effect where it lives in legend so even people who may not have seen it at the time love it as if they had. I mean Batman and Star Trek were before my time, but on TV a lot (which Twin Peaks hasn't been but still) when we grew up, but I think it will struggle so many years on to have the same impact it did back in the early 90s. Caught a glimpse of maybe 1-2 minutes of Still Open All Hours, switched off with Granville playing Arkwright and it simply ran too huge a risk of spoiling the originals.

Some things were good in their day, remember them fondly, but that is where they 'belong' as in when they were at their best/in their pomp. I do watch some things on DVD, Blakes 7, Due South, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, Firefly, Farscape etc, but some stand the test of time better than others and Twin Peaks does ok but it's 'edge' was in the mystery. Like watching a film with a twist, next time you watch it the twist has lost its edge.
    Yeah some good points and everyone is different, I think the main thing for me is some of the issues with Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks was it went pear shaped if the one writer/producer was working alone. Frost and Lynch were vital together.

Fire Walk With Me was just Lynch and Twin Peaks lost Lynch mid way through after the reveal which he argued against.

We'll have to see but I watched Twin Peaks through a few times, loved it overall and often felt it had so much more to work with going forward. Not sure what you mean on the Cooper thing, that was the very last episode aired and was a killer of a finish, it made so much more of an impact because it was Cooper so a potentially perfect place to pick up again.

Each to their own my friend, for me its a feast to play around with and continue and with the cast, the writers all back in place, which suggests real continuity and not a made up spur of the moment for old times sake type series.

I can't imagine (SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE NOT SEEN IT!) how an evil murderous spirit possessing a girls father, murdering & well, you know what, torturing others as well as his host, a white and black lodge crammed with spirits etc can get boring tbh!

The other series you mention on the whole did little for me and aren't overly comparable in many respects, Blake 7, Farscape, X-Files...just not in the same league in terms of depth of story etc, these are quite quaint quite camp series and X Files is, well its X-Files.

Twin Peaks had a at times camp and even comical feel but the centre story was disgustingly terrifying and the gradual unease and fear, the atmosphere that grew in the series was immense until that early reveal which sucked the life out of it for a while, hence the Lynch walk out

Personally can't wait like a great many fans

Twin Peaks season 3 cast, trailer, release date and everything else you need to know

"...it was finally revealed that Twin Peaks' all-important return date will be Sunday, May 21, with a two-hour premiere. It will also go on Showtime's streaming services on May 21 - along with episodes three and four!

If you're in the UK, you'll need a damn fine cup of coffee if you want to catch the premiere simulcast that's airing on Sky Atlantic on Monday, May 22 at 2am, and will be repeated on Tuesday, May 23 at 9pm.

As we've said before, don't expect a one-a-week regular telly slot."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/twin-pe...bout-season-3/

Some info on the return of Twin Peaks. I might have to re-watch the old episodes now, like I said I would earlier in this thread!

I'm going to do my best to not turn into a couch potato over these next couple of months. I've just started watching The Walking Dead, Fargo season 3 begins on the 19th of April, Twin Peaks on the 21st of May and Game of Thrones returns on July 16th.

They should release a trailer consisting of nothing but a traffic light swinging in the wind for five minutes.

Twin Peaks season 3 cast, trailer, release date and everything else you need to know

"...it was finally revealed that Twin Peaks' all-important return date will be Sunday, May 21, with a two-hour premiere. It will also go on Showtime's streaming services on May 21 - along with episodes three and four!

If you're in the UK, you'll need a damn fine cup of coffee if you want to catch the premiere simulcast – that's airing on Sky Atlantic on Monday, May 22 at 2am, and will be repeated on Tuesday, May 23 at 9pm.

As we've said before, don't expect a one-a-week regular telly slot."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/twin-pe...bout-season-3/

Some info on the return of Twin Peaks. I might have to re-watch the old episodes now, like I said I would earlier in this thread!

I'm going to do my best to not turn into a couch potato over these next couple of months. I've just started watching The Walking Dead, Fargo season 3 begins on the 19th of April, Twin Peaks on the 21st of May and Game of Thrones returns on July 16th.
    Man I can't wait for this, haven't been so excited about a series returning since..........never really

Fargo 3 is exciting too having said that