Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1229

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I'm loving all the fighters starting to talk back to Dana. Rockhold is right though, all the top contenders deserve to know where they stand, and I like that he asked how did GSP earn his MW title shot. I *********** hate White, seriously. Never fought a fight in his life yet he talks **** to all these guys, telling Rockhold to stick to modeling and what not. He's bad for the sport, in my eyes.
    I don't think he's bad for the sport, I think his experience is keeping the sport afloat right now. That being said, there's a reason that the Fertittas removed him from any form of PR before they sold the company. He runs his mouth and ****es the fighters, that have built the sport whilst making peanuts, off. The fact that GSP got the title shot was a joke and contrary to what people who should know better think, I highly doubt that the fight is off. Romero should get the title shot with Rockhold facing off against Jacare and Mousasi fighting Whittaker.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Oh, and Bisping now suddenly too injured to fight again and wants to wait for GSP rather than fight Romero. What a farce.

He's become an absolute joke. I used to like him a lot, I was thrilled when he became champion. I've now lost a lot of respect for him and will be rooting against him regardless of who he faces next. Romero would absolutely maul him though it wouldn't even be funny.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I don't think he's bad for the sport, I think his experience is keeping the sport afloat right now. That being said, there's a reason that the Fertittas removed him from any form of PR before they sold the company. He runs his mouth and ****es the fighters, that have built the sport whilst making peanuts, off. The fact that GSP got the title shot was a joke and contrary to what people who should know better think, I highly doubt that the fight is off. Romero should get the title shot with Rockhold facing off against Jacare and Mousasi fighting Whittaker.
    I just don't think it reflects well when the face of the company is constantly involved in bitter spats with fighters. He shouldn't be getting involved in that nonsense at all, but he's as much an attention seeker as any fighter. They earn it though.

No chance the GSP fight will be off, there's too much money to be made from it. Bisping will feing injury and I'm guessing they'll fight around October.

I just don't think it reflects well when the face of the company is constantly involved in bitter spats with fighters. He shouldn't be getting involved in that nonsense at all, but he's as much an attention seeker as any fighter. They earn it though.

No chance the GSP fight will be off, there's too much money to be made from it. Bisping will feing injury and I'm guessing they'll fight around October.
    No I agree with your sentiment on Dana. I think he should stick to what he's good at and be removed from PR immediately. The new owners have absolutely no clue about anything though so I expect to still be seeing Dana on his PR tour.

He's become an absolute joke. I used to like him a lot, I was thrilled when he became champion. I've now lost a lot of respect for him and will be rooting against him regardless of who he faces next. Romero would absolutely maul him though it wouldn't even be funny.
    Yeah. I was never a massive fan but I was happy he won the title, but any goodwill I had for him is now gone. I won't begrudge him the Henderson rematch as it's obviously his most famous loss and one he wanted to avenge, but even then it was still a joke of a title fight (which I think he lost). It's now been 8 months since that fight, and he doesn't look like fighting again any time soon. Any of the top 5 or 6 guys would chew him up, so it's blatantly obvious what he's doing, hanging on for as long as possible and the biggest pay day.

Looks like the TJ - Garbrandt fight is off now too. I'm getting really bored of this now.

Yeah. I was never a massive fan but I was happy he won the title, but any goodwill I had for him is now gone. I won't begrudge him the Henderson rematch as it's obviously his most famous loss and one he wanted to avenge, but even then it was still a joke of a title fight (which I think he lost). It's now been 8 months since that fight, and he doesn't look like fighting again any time soon. Any of the top 5 or 6 guys would chew him up, so it's blatantly obvious what he's doing, hanging on for as long as possible and the biggest pay day.

Looks like the TJ - Garbrandt fight is off now too. I'm getting really bored of this now.
    If they replace that fight with DJ vs TJ then I'd be extremely happy. DJ has come out and refused the challenge though as according to him TJ "doesn't deserve it". Blatantly obvious what DJ is doing too. It's easy to clear a division out when the competitors lack power (usually) and are clearly on a level below the fighters in all of the other divisions.

If they replace that fight with DJ vs TJ then I'd be extremely happy. DJ has come out and refused the challenge though as according to him TJ "doesn't deserve it". Blatantly obvious what DJ is doing too. It's easy to clear a division out when the competitors lack power (usually) and are clearly on a level below the fighters in all of the other divisions.
    Yeah, I'd be happy with that fight too, but it won't happen. DJ will hang around that division beating the same people, and fighters clearly not good enough to be in title fights until he breaks the record then he might move up. As good as DJ clearly is, that division is a mess right now, not very interesting at all.

Yeah, I'd be happy with that fight too, but it won't happen. DJ will hang around that division beating the same people, and fighters clearly not good enough to be in title fights until he breaks the record then he might move up. As good as DJ clearly is, that division is a mess right now, not very interesting at all.
    I don't think that he moves up at all. I also think that if he were to move up, he'd get beat soon after.

Dana talking up the possibility of Romero - Whittaker for an interim title. What a joke. Just make Bisping fight the actual contenders, for **** sake. McGregor too. This **** is getting boring now.

Oh, and Rory looked good, although Daley is one of the most one dimensional fighters around. Nice to see Rory back to winning ways.

Dana talking up the possibility of Romero - Whittaker for an interim title. What a joke. Just make Bisping fight the actual contenders, for **** sake. McGregor too. This **** is getting boring now.
    Yeah I don't get the logic of that one because by that logic Bisping will have to face the winner of the interim fight next when in reality he's facing GSP so I don't understand that. In other words, you're going to have a champion and an interim champion but they aren't going to face each other for a while? Weird.

I love Rory so I too was happy to see him back. Never liked Daley so I found it funny how he called Rory a quitter then was made to tap out McGeary losing was surprising and the Congo fight was absolutely and utterly atrocious, fast forwarded through most of it.

Yeah I don't get the logic of that one because by that logic Bisping will have to face the winner of the interim fight next when in reality he's facing GSP so I don't understand that. In other words, you're going to have a champion and an interim champion but they aren't going to face each other for a while? Weird.

I love Rory so I too was happy to see him back. Never liked Daley so I found it funny how he called Rory a quitter then was made to tap out McGeary losing was surprising and the Congo fight was absolutely and utterly atrocious, fast forwarded through most of it.
    So much for GSP not getting the fight and Bisping fighting Romero next, eh? Dana talks so much ****, seriously. Yeah, we're going to have 2 active champions in the same division, what is the point?

I only watched the Rory fight, no time for most of their fights tbh. Amazing to think Rory has comfortable wins over Woodley and Maia and they still let him go so easily.

The problem here is that Bisping has never really headlined big PPV events. So fighting GSP is actually his chance to make some serious paper - so I don't really hold it against him holding out for that fight. He's been through the mill and fought nearly everybody, why risk the payday (one of last in career) by fighting Romero?

I don't think that he moves up at all. I also think that if he were to move up, he'd get beat soon after.
    I love DJ, technically amazing and fightIQ is ridiculous but he's just too small to step up. Cruz literally man-handled him and it was like boy v man.

Quote Originally Posted by HaventGotAKalou View Post
    The problem here is that Bisping has never really headlined big PPV events. So fighting GSP is actually his chance to make some serious paper - so I don't really hold it against him holding out for that fight. He's been through the mill and fought nearly everybody, why risk the payday (one of last in career) by fighting Romero?
    Because he's the divisions champion and as such has a responsibility to fight contenders. He's already been done a favour in his time as champion when the UFC gave him a 45 year old Henderson, a fight he nearly lost. His antics are literally pathetic now and I'm tired of them. Bashes GSP for not being able to fight in July and when that fight was called off and he was told to face Romero in July he's all of a sudden injured. It's ridiculous.

De Randamie is hilarious Not even hiding the fact that she's running from Cyborg First she doesn't want to fight her because she's injured, then because Cyborg is a "proven cheater" and now she's saying that she's prepared to let go of the belt if she can avoid fighting Cyborg

De Randamie is hilarious Not even hiding the fact that she's running from Cyborg First she doesn't want to fight her because she's injured, then because Cyborg is a "proven cheater" and now she's saying that she's prepared to let go of the belt if she can avoid fighting Cyborg
    Yeah, pathetic. Every excuse under the sun to avoid her. Let USADA do their job, and you do yours. She was even talking about retiring at one point.

Anyone else already fed up with GSP's return? Now talking about how an eye injury is delaying his return. He'll get the winner of Woodley and Maia and for his sake, I hope it's Maia.

Yeah, pathetic. Every excuse under the sun to avoid her. Let USADA do their job, and you do yours. She was even talking about retiring at one point.

Anyone else already fed up with GSP's return? Now talking about how an eye injury is delaying his return. He'll get the winner of Woodley and Maia and for his sake, I hope it's Maia.
    I didn't even want to see him back in the first place so now I'm beyond fed up. I'd love to see Maia vs GSP though, what an intriguing fight that would be. But I agree in that I think that Woodley mauls him and I don't think that Maia beats Woodley.

They just announced the main event of the Rotterdam card, beyond underwhelming. I was really excited to watch a UFC live but I won't be paying upwards of 70 euros for a card headlined by Struve vs the bloke who had the incredibly boring fight with Roy Nelson.

I didn't even want to see him back in the first place so now I'm beyond fed up. I'd love to see Maia vs GSP though, what an intriguing fight that would be. But I agree in that I think that Woodley mauls him and I don't think that Maia beats Woodley.

They just announced the main event of the Rotterdam card, beyond underwhelming. I was really excited to watch a UFC live but I won't be paying upwards of 70 euros for a card headlined by Struve vs the bloke who had the incredibly boring fight with Roy Nelson.
    I was looking forward to seeing him back, although I can fully understand why some fans wouldn't want him back. It's just dragging on and on now, it's really starting to **** me off. The sport is in general though, every fight seems to go this way now. Months and months of *********** around with 'will he, won't he' nonsense. I think Woodley hurts him badly, at least he'd probably just get tapped at worst with Maia.

I saw that main event and just rolled my eyes, yet again the UFC prove they don't actually care much about their European events and fans. They think they can just throw any old home fighter on the bill and that's enough. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen Volkov fight, and now he's headlining a card against *********** Stefan Struve! Awful.

I was looking forward to seeing him back, although I can fully understand why some fans wouldn't want him back. It's just dragging on and on now, it's really starting to **** me off. The sport is in general though, every fight seems to go this way now. Months and months of *********** around with 'will he, won't he' nonsense. I think Woodley hurts him badly, at least he'd probably just get tapped at worst with Maia.

I saw that main event and just rolled my eyes, yet again the UFC prove they don't actually care much about their European events and fans. They think they can just throw any old home fighter on the bill and that's enough. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen Volkov fight, and now he's headlining a card against *********** Stefan Struve! Awful.
    They rewarded Volkov for his participation in one of the most dull HW fights in the history of the UFC with a main event slot. And then they have the audacity to charge upwards of 70 euros for the event, so disappointing. I was hoping for a fight like Mousasi vs Gastelum/Rockhold on there. That doesn't seem likely to happen now though...

They rewarded Volkov for his participation in one of the most dull HW fights in the history of the UFC with a main event slot. And then they have the audacity to charge upwards of 70 euros for the event, so disappointing. I was hoping for a fight like Mousasi vs Gastelum/Rockhold on there. That doesn't seem likely to happen now though...
    Yeah, there was strong talk of Mousasi - Rockhold, but it seems they're messing Mousasi around now and trying to lowball him on his new contract (shock). I doubt they'd 'waste' a fight like that on a card they clearly don't value much though, I think they'd keep that for a PPV co-main or even a fight night main event. This Swedish event does nothing for me either. Two LHW who have lost every time they've had a big fight. I was just thinking about Gus yesterday and how many good wins has he actually had? Shogun when he was hardly brilliant, and Manuwa (lol still can't believe this guy is relevant).

Deleted
    Last edited by Mysteron; 28-5-17 at 09:47.

Yeah, there was strong talk of Mousasi - Rockhold, but it seems they're messing Mousasi around now and trying to lowball him on his new contract (shock). I doubt they'd 'waste' a fight like that on a card they clearly don't value much though, I think they'd keep that for a PPV co-main or even a fight night main event. This Swedish event does nothing for me either. Two LHW who have lost every time they've had a big fight. I was just thinking about Gus yesterday and how many good wins has he actually had? Shogun when he was hardly brilliant, and Manuwa (lol still can't believe this guy is relevant).
    I love Gus though to be fair. He was the person who was the closest to beating Jon Jones, I had even scored the fight for him (granted that may be due to my bias given I don't like Jones). Then against DC came super close to winning the belt. Against Johnson he got head butted and then brutally knocked out shortly after following a couple of months of saying that he's contemplating retirement and that his motivation is no longer there. For me he's still very much relevant, much more so than Glover. If Glover wins tonight then that further kills off a division that already has a surprising lack of depth.

The other fights on the card are pure and utter garbage though I'll give you that one.

The fights were pretty good yesterday, even the prelim fights were entertaining. I was really pleasantly surprised.

Very entertaining main event, Gustafsson looked sharp and showed some great combinations and mean uppercuts.

I am kind of hoping Jones beats DC now so we can see Gus V Jones 2.

Impressive from Gus, he dismantled Teixeira. It was kind of sad to watch near the end when Glover, who is a fighter in every single way, sort of kept moving forward trying to do the best that he could with a busted up face on the back of an absolute battering. There was a clear gulf in class, he'd taken a lot of damage and so I was hoping that his corner would take the tough decision to stop the fight. Gus needs to work a bit on his exits because Glover tagged him a few times that way. Ultimately, it was great to see Gus properly back to his best, the diversity of his attacks and his movement were brilliant. Could be the LHW with the fastest hands.

I will not ever root for Jon Jones so I do hope that Cormier beats him, granted I doubt greatly that he will, but either ways it's a win win because I'd love to watch both Cormier vs Gus 2 or Jones vs Gus 2. I think he beats Cormier if they fight again and I think that he has the best chance of beating Jones.

I don't care about the rest of the card, the co-main event was bizarre to say the least.

Impressive from Gus, he dismantled Teixeira. It was kind of sad to watch near the end when Glover, who is a fighter in every single way, sort of kept moving forward trying to do the best that he could with a busted up face on the back of an absolute battering. There was a clear gulf in class, he'd taken a lot of damage and so I was hoping that his corner would take the tough decision to stop the fight. Gus needs to work a bit on his exits because Glover tagged him a few times that way. Ultimately, it was great to see Gus properly back to his best, the diversity of his attacks and his movement were brilliant. Could be the LHW with the fastest hands.

I will not ever root for Jon Jones so I do hope that Cormier beats him, granted I doubt greatly that he will, but either ways it's a win win because I'd love to watch both Cormier vs Gus 2 or Jones vs Gus 2. I think he beats Cormier if they fight again and I think that he has the best chance of beating Jones.

I don't care about the rest of the card, the co-main event was bizarre to say the least.
    Gus running though He looked great, very slick and caught Glover at will. Impressive finish, and surely back for another shot at the title (not many other options in the division). I hope Jones destroys Cormier, to be honest. He may be a ****, but I'm liking the fact he now embraces it and plays the villain. Easily the best LHW in recent years, probably the best p4p. I'd love to see Jones - Gus 2, I too feel Gus won the first fight. He's certainly given Jones the most trouble he's ever experienced in a fight.

Couldn't really care less about the other fights, but the 28 second KO will undoubtedly hype Oezdemir as the next big thing...

Gus running though He looked great, very slick and caught Glover at will. Impressive finish, and surely back for another shot at the title (not many other options in the division). I hope Jones destroys Cormier, to be honest. He may be a ****, but I'm liking the fact he now embraces it and plays the villain. Easily the best LHW in recent years, probably the best p4p. I'd love to see Jones - Gus 2, I too feel Gus won the first fight. He's certainly given Jones the most trouble he's ever experienced in a fight.

Couldn't really care less about the other fights, but the 28 second KO will undoubtedly hype Oezdemir as the next big thing...
    I don't mind when fighters jog back to the centre of the octagon in order to engage there to be honest. He wasn't doing the Overeem and legitimately sprinting around the octagon trying his absolute best to avoid engaging so it's fine

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    KingKirky one year on RIP YNWA
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    KingKirky one year on RIP YNWA
    Wow, it's been a year already This thread has sorely missed him, it wasn't what it once was. RIP Kirky.

GDR confirms she's dropping weight and will vacate her title. What a *********** joke she is. Worst champion in the history of the sport?