Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1370

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

  1. #61  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    So, in the least shocking piece of news you'll read today, Brock Lesnar failed an out of competition test a week before the fight. No surprise really, we all knew he was juicing and got away with that exemption, but he didn't even stop in the lead up to the fight. I'm sure he doesn't care though, he's made his money and this will make his mind up about returning again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Hunt is **********!

    "I said (to the UFC), 'If you don't give me half his (expletive), I'm walking away from this company, I want out of here. This is rubbish'," Hunt said on Friday.

    "I lost on that night to some (expletive) cheat," Hunt said about Lesnar. "There's no way he could weigh 265 (pounds) like me — he was about 500 kilos, there was no (expletive) way he was weighing in at my weight.

    "It just makes a mockery of the whole sport, it makes a fool out of all of us, all the people who've paid money for top-end fighting — now all they've got is a cheat against a guy who doesn't cheat."

    "There's no freaking way it's (B sample) not going to come back positive. I think he should either forfeit his purse or refund all the (expletive) money to people who paid to watch it," Hunt said.

    "Half of his purse should come to me — maybe all of it. The guy shouldn't get a cent. That, or refund everyone that paid money. They paid for an even playing field — they didn't get that. They got a cheater against a guy not cheating. I'm lucky I didn't get injured. I think it's rubbish. I think all of his (expletive) should be taken off him. There's no penalties or deterrents to guys that are cheating. This is not the first time, this is the third time I've had to fight someone doping."


    Lesnar is the third guy to fail a test after fighting Hunt in the last few years after Bigfoot and Mir, no wonder he's **********.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,237
    Not really surprised.


    It is sick to think about, fighting a guy of Brocks size is already the stuff of nightmares, but fighting him clean while he has been taking God knows what and able to train and perform at levels he shouldn't supposed to is pure insanity.


    I agree completely with Hunt when he says he should get all of Brocks money, that 3rd round could have shaved years off his life. Hunt got into the ring accepting the risks of fighting a clean opponent, and I do think him against a clean Brock would have been a lot different and he wouldn't have taken those punches in the 3rd.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
    Not really surprised.


    It is sick to think about, fighting a guy of Brocks size is already the stuff of nightmares, but fighting him clean while he has been taking God knows what and able to train and perform at levels he shouldn't supposed to is pure insanity.


    I agree completely with Hunt when he says he should get all of Brocks money, that 3rd round could have shaved years off his life. Hunt got into the ring accepting the risks of fighting a clean opponent, and I do think him against a clean Brock would have been a lot different and he wouldn't have taken those punches in the 3rd.
    I don't know if it would have been much different, Hunt looked lethargic and as if he didn't take the fight seriously, but why are these results only coming after the fights? As you say, it's dangerous to put a clearly juiced up monster like Lesnar in there against anyone, never mind a clean 42 year old. They need to start catching these guys before they fight.

    What bothers me is Lesnar clearly didn't give a **** about being caught, yet the UFC just gave him everything he wanted. He got the exemption, then he just continued juicing anyway right up to the fight because he knew he was one and done and why would he give a **** about being banned? I'm pretty sure the UFC knew all about this tbh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,237
    Hunt may have been able to put a clean Brock out in round 1. And even if he couldn't then there is no way Brock would have the gas he did in the 3rd if he was clean, so as much as Hunt was gassed Brock would have been too, more likely worse given the time off he had.

    I haven't watched the fight a second time but from what I remember Hunt had barely been hit for the whole first 2 rounds then took a beating in the 3rd when Brock got on top and could hold Hunt down with ease.





    Jones was talking about suing the UFC over the Vitor thing and apparently his legal advice was that he had a good case, but now we know why he never took that further. But Hunt doesn't have any skeletons in his closet I don't think, the UFC clearly knew and let him fight so he seems to have a solid case.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Hunt is **********!

    "I said (to the UFC), 'If you don't give me half his (expletive), I'm walking away from this company, I want out of here. This is rubbish'," Hunt said on Friday.

    "I lost on that night to some (expletive) cheat," Hunt said about Lesnar. "There's no way he could weigh 265 (pounds) like me — he was about 500 kilos, there was no (expletive) way he was weighing in at my weight.

    "It just makes a mockery of the whole sport, it makes a fool out of all of us, all the people who've paid money for top-end fighting — now all they've got is a cheat against a guy who doesn't cheat."

    "There's no freaking way it's (B sample) not going to come back positive. I think he should either forfeit his purse or refund all the (expletive) money to people who paid to watch it," Hunt said.

    "Half of his purse should come to me — maybe all of it. The guy shouldn't get a cent. That, or refund everyone that paid money. They paid for an even playing field — they didn't get that. They got a cheater against a guy not cheating. I'm lucky I didn't get injured. I think it's rubbish. I think all of his (expletive) should be taken off him. There's no penalties or deterrents to guys that are cheating. This is not the first time, this is the third time I've had to fight someone doping."


    Lesnar is the third guy to fail a test after fighting Hunt in the last few years after Bigfoot and Mir, no wonder he's **********.
    He's right in what he's saying to be fair to him. That being said, he performed super poorly and I think that a game Mark Hunt would have KOd a juiced up Lesnar. He's not going to get a dime of Lesnar's purse though so him saying he wants to be released if he doesn't get any is silly because it puts him now in an uncomfortable situation. He won't get any of the money and he won't get released so he'll end up looking a little silly imo. I totally agreed with what he said about the NSAC getting the money though and how that's ridiculous, he is so absolutely spot on.

    On Cruz vs Aldo or McGregor, I'd kill to watch either of those fights my goodness. Massive respect to Cruz for wanting to step up and face either of them, DJ take note.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    So, in the least shocking piece of news you'll read today, Brock Lesnar failed an out of competition test a week before the fight. No surprise really, we all knew he was juicing and got away with that exemption, but he didn't even stop in the lead up to the fight. I'm sure he doesn't care though, he's made his money and this will make his mind up about returning again.
    was only a matter of time. Best of it is he actually admitted it in a Q&A (or maybe the conference), then laughed it off as if it was a joke.... knowing fine well he's cheated.

    can't stand him so glad its come out, they need to do more to get the results in before the fights though.
    Might be fishy business, UFC make their money and then the bad news comes out, the card couldn't have taken another big hit
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    anyone see this? crazy knee to the head leaves Evangelista 'Cyborg' Santos suffering depressed skull fracture in Bellator fight against Michael Page
    Picture of skull/face - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BGRk7dD6sWA/maxresdefault.jpg
    Video of how it happened - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6CvPRl2Hw

    won't be long until UFC sign this kid up. The next money maker.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    WirralRiddler is offline These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    anyone see this? crazy knee to the head leaves Evangelista 'Cyborg' Santos suffering depressed skull fracture in Bellator fight against Michael Page
    Picture of skull/face - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BGRk7dD6sWA/maxresdefault.jpg
    Video of how it happened - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6CvPRl2Hw

    won't be long until UFC sign this kid up. The next money maker.
    Don't really watch UFC or MMA, not a fan tbh but did see that by chance, was flicking through channels and landed on it just in time.

    Was very impressed i must say, amazing finish. Reminded me of Eddy Gordo from tekken mixed with Floyd Mayweather,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    anyone see this? crazy knee to the head leaves Evangelista 'Cyborg' Santos suffering depressed skull fracture in Bellator fight against Michael Page
    Picture of skull/face - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BGRk7dD6sWA/maxresdefault.jpg
    Video of how it happened - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6CvPRl2Hw

    won't be long until UFC sign this kid up. The next money maker.
    I watched that yesterday, nasty. Venom Page is a phenomenal prospect and has been for a while now. I'd love to see him in the UFC even though I'd assume that's unlikely. He's even signed a new contract with Bellator recently if I'm not mistaken.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,237
    It is really horrifying seeing the image of his skull, it's like someone just tapped an egg with a spoon. Hope he manages to recover and can live somewhat of a normal life.


    That's the worst injury I have ever seen in MMA.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I watched that yesterday, nasty. Venom Page is a phenomenal prospect and has been for a while now. I'd love to see him in the UFC even though I'd assume that's unlikely. He's even signed a new contract with Bellator recently if I'm not mistaken.
    4 fights on his Bellator contract, unfortunately. Vicious KO though, and I've seen people on social media complain about MMA not being a sport and all that **** again :FP: Bet he feels a bit of a **** for rolling a Pokeball at him as he lay there with a cracked skull, though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    4 fights on his Bellator contract, unfortunately. Vicious KO though, and I've seen people on social media complain about MMA not being a sport and all that **** again :FP: Bet he feels a bit of a **** for rolling a Pokeball at him as he lay there with a cracked skull, though.
    Yeah that's what I thought too. I generally thought that that was an idiotic thing to do, pretty idiotic and disrespectful, and that's before I found out about the cracked skull.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought too. I generally thought that that was an idiotic thing to do, pretty idiotic and disrespectful, and that's before I found out about the cracked skull.
    Yep, same here. I just thought 'What a ****'. I cringed at the idea of it in the first place, but then to think the guy was lying there KOd/hurt and he hits him with that is super disrespectful...then it comes out he had a fractured skull and it just makes it worse. Obviously he didn't know he had a fractured skull, but hopefully it makes him think twice in the future.

    I'd like to see Page actually fight someone deceny soon, but he is in Bellator...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    4 fights on his Bellator contract, unfortunately. Vicious KO though, and I've seen people on social media complain about MMA not being a sport and all that **** again :FP: Bet he feels a bit of a **** for rolling a Pokeball at him as he lay there with a cracked skull, though.
    pretty sure he apologised on twitter about doing that. I think he could be special if he cuts out a bit of the showboating, eventually he'll get caught out.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    pretty sure he apologised on twitter about doing that. I think he could be special if he cuts out a bit of the showboating, eventually he'll get caught out.
    Maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. Not only was it a **** move, it was embarrassing to watch. I think it is his showboating that gets people talking about him, and I hope he keeps it going. No doubt he will come unstuck at some point but he'll always be fun to watch at least.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. Not only was it a **** move, it was embarrassing to watch. I think it is his showboating that gets people talking about him, and I hope he keeps it going. No doubt he will come unstuck at some point but he'll always be fun to watch at least.
    yeah it was pretty childish but that type of stuff makes headlines too. Valid point about the showboating but I think he'd be punished for it a lot more if he was in the UFC. He can get away with it at the level he is currently fighting.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    yeah it was pretty childish but that type of stuff makes headlines too. Valid point about the showboating but I think he'd be punished for it a lot more if he was in the UFC. He can get away with it at the level he is currently fighting.
    I'm expecting him to eventually fight a top wrestler and struggle. I think the current champ decisions him, although I can't be sure as I barely watch Bellator.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I'm expecting him to eventually fight a top wrestler and struggle. I think the current champ decisions him, although I can't be sure as I barely watch Bellator.
    I think he lights Chandler up and takes the belt but then again like you said, who knows where his wrestling is at. On the feet it's a total mismatch though. Anyways, I'm getting tired of the UFC a little with some of their cards so I'm definitely gonna stop talking about Bellator now I swear every time I talk about them it's due to a near death experience in their cage.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I think he lights Chandler up and takes the belt but then again like you said, who knows where his wrestling is at. On the feet it's a total mismatch though. Anyways, I'm getting tired of the UFC a little with some of their cards so I'm definitely gonna stop talking about Bellator now I swear every time I talk about them it's due to a near death experience in their cage.
    Isn't Page a WW? Koreshkov, Bendo, Daley etc...?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Isn't Page a WW? Koreshkov, Bendo, Daley etc...?
    Oh yeah Chandler's the LW champion, shows how much I follow Bellator.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Oh yeah Chandler's the LW champion, shows how much I follow Bellator.
    You and me both mate, I had to go double check just to make sure I was right, ha. I only knew that because I've seen him and Daley being linked to a fight before.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    You and me both mate, I had to go double check just to make sure I was right, ha. I only knew that because I've seen him and Daley being linked to a fight before.
    Bellator sucks man Been dragging MMAs name through the mud for 2 years now. They had sanctioned Kimbo to fight 2 weeks before he died, Dada nearly died in the cage and so did Cyborg. They're a joke and it's only a matter of time before someone dies in their cage and you just know that it would set the sport years back. I would hate for Rory to end up there as I feel he still has something to offer in the UFC.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Lesnar popped for an in-competition failed test too. What a farce this all is, the UFC are embarrassing for letting this happen. They've pandered to him just to sell 200 and have blatantly known he was using, and had no real interest in coming back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Lesnar popped for an in-competition failed test too. What a farce this all is, the UFC are embarrassing for letting this happen. They've pandered to him just to sell 200 and have blatantly known he was using, and had no real interest in coming back.
    Both he and the UFC knew full well what was going on. Lesnar had no intention of competing clean, he didn't even bother to cycle up to avoid popping in competition. He knew it was his last fight and that he was gonna make a boat load of cash so why care what USADA do. This is like the whole Vitor vs Jones thing again where the UFC knowingly let a doped fighter compete despite having found out before the event that the fighter ********** hot. They're a disgrace and maybe it's for the best that they're now under new ownership, maybe things will get better.

    Watching Dana speak at Trump's rally was sickening. He's a joke and a man in his position, where half of his champions are foreigners, shouldn't be aligning himself politically to anyone, in particular a man vividly against immigration. Dana is a *********** clown.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Mendes banned for 2 years
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Mendes banned for 2 years
    If Jones doesn't get a similar punishment then it's clear that the entire system is crooked.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    If Jones doesn't get a similar punishment then it's clear that the entire system is crooked.
    The sport will miss him, but yeah he should receive the same. Probably won't, though.

    Still amazes me that Nick Diaz was handed 5 years for weed
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Mendes banned for 2 years
    woah!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    The sport will miss him, but yeah he should receive the same. Probably won't, though.

    Still amazes me that Nick Diaz was handed 5 years for weed
    He was handed 5 years because he looked to take advantage of the so called 'due process'. The key is to get there, kiss their asses and tell them that you'll accept their wise punishment a la Anderson Silva.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •