Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,291 to 1,318 of 1318

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

Some good PPV's coming up actually. Looking forward to this weekend's fights.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Some good PPV's coming up actually. Looking forward to this weekend's fights.
    Really looking forward to Ferguson v Lee. I like both fighters. Been watching the Embedded episodes. Lee looks very relaxed. I think he could beat Tony, but I'll stick with a Tony victory.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraFinXI View Post
    Really looking forward to Ferguson v Lee. I like both fighters. Been watching the Embedded episodes. Lee looks very relaxed. I think he could beat Tony, but I'll stick with a Tony victory.
    I dislike both of them, but I can't stand Lee. You'd think it was Anderson Silva fighting GSP with how they both talk about themselves.

Also, I *********** hate Bisping now. Properly dislike him. He's just so aggressive and talks **** for no reason at all. There's selling a fight, then there's just being an ********.

Quote Originally Posted by RaraFinXI View Post
    I think that Ferguson is going to run through him easily. Lee's biggest win is over Michael Chiesa so I'm honestly quite surprised that he's fighting for the interim belt. Ferguson has beaten far better fighters than Lee in the past and then you think of the difficulty that Lee had making weight, I really don't see this being competitive at all. Lee runs his mouth as if he's Floyd Mayweather, I guess it's time to see if the hype is real.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Also, I *********** hate Bisping now. Properly dislike him. He's just so aggressive and talks **** for no reason at all. There's selling a fight, then there's just being an ********.
    I couldn't make it through the entire press conference. I watched maybe 5 minutes and then it was really too much for me. Bisping is an absolute tool but his antics seem to be getting to GSP which is why he's persisting. Hopefully GSP beats him up but this is not a fight that should be happening for a belt and GSP shouldn't have come back so...

In other news regarding complete toolbags, I hope Werdum gets KO'd. The guy is an absolute joke from top to bottom. Consistently homophobic and then the attempted bullying of Ferguson, a man 100 pounds lighter, it was embarrassing.

I dislike both of them, but I can't stand Lee. You'd think it was Anderson Silva fighting GSP with how they both talk about themselves.
    Yeah, i agree. When i say i like both fighters, i mean style wise.

I've always disliked Bisping. Guy is a total knob. His trash talk always has been, and always will be laughable. I understand him wanting this money fight but hate the way he has ducked all of the main challengers.

Hope GSP wrecks him.

I think that Ferguson is going to run through him easily. Lee's biggest win is over Michael Chiesa so I'm honestly quite surprised that he's fighting for the interim belt. Ferguson has beaten far better fighters than Lee in the past and then you think of the difficulty that Lee had making weight, I really don't see this being competitive at all. Lee runs his mouth as if he's Floyd Mayweather, I guess it's time to see if the hype is real.

I couldn't make it through the entire press conference. I watched maybe 5 minutes and then it was really too much for me. Bisping is an absolute tool but his antics seem to be getting to GSP which is why he's persisting. Hopefully GSP beats him up but this is not a fight that should be happening for a belt and GSP shouldn't have come back so...

In other news regarding complete toolbags, I hope Werdum gets KO'd. The guy is an absolute joke from top to bottom. Consistently homophobic and then the attempted bullying of Ferguson, a man 100 pounds lighter, it was embarrassing.
    You could be right about Tony running through Lee. I think it'll be a little more competative though.

The Bisping GSP presser really was guff.

The aggression from Bisping stems from that he feels like GSP picked him because he was an easy fight and also I think because nobody really gives him any credit at all. Which I can understand, if I was in his shoes I'd feel like I had earned the respect of people too. For a guy to come from where he has and achieve what he has is remarkable. Yet all people ever do is talk down his accomplishments. It's like he said at the press conference he really is one of the greatest fighters in the world yet 99% of MMA fans would laugh at that statement.

I am looking forward to tonight's card, should be some good fights. I always enjoy Lando Vernatta and I am hoping the main event is a war like it's being built up as. I think Ferguson will get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
    The aggression from Bisping stems from that he feels like GSP picked him because he was an easy fight and also I think because nobody really gives him any credit at all. Which I can understand, if I was in his shoes I'd feel like I had earned the respect of people too. For a guy to come from where he has and achieve what he has is remarkable. Yet all people ever do is talk down his accomplishments. It's like he said at the press conference he really is one of the greatest fighters in the world yet 99% of MMA fans would laugh at that statement.

I am looking forward to tonight's card, should be some good fights. I always enjoy Lando Vernatta and I am hoping the main event is a war like it's being built up as. I think Ferguson will get the win.
    He's like this all the time, with anyone. GSP has consistently given him credit, and Bisping still mocks his accent, accuses him of steriod abuse and talks **** about him in many other ways. GSP even agreed he was one of the greatest MMA fighters.

He's just a ******.

Yeah, I think Ferguson will run right through Lee. Lee getting a title shot shows you how this sport is going, talk enough **** and you'll go far. Chiesa is his best win, a fight nobody gave a **** about. I'm not impressed at all by Lee, I think this will be an easy night for Ferguson.

Yeah, he seems to be getting to him but it's not like it's a gameplan of Bisping's to getting under his skin, he's just a ******** to everyone. Would love to see GSP absolutely dominate him but the long lay off and moving up a weight may be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post

I disagree that no one really gives Bisping credit. Next to every analyst in the game applauded his determination, skill and hard work to capture the belt so late in his career. I feel like the consensus amongst fans towards him was also very positive following his title win. The issue is that since then he nearly lost his title to Henderson and then ducked every single one of the contenders in order to go after a fighter that has been inactive for 4 years and has never fought at MW. That's what has ********** people off and rightfully so. Also nothing justifies him being a loud obnoxious tool.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I got Ferg over Lee tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I got Ferg over Lee tonight.
    Yup.

Starting to watch more ufc. Tuned in tonight after an airport run. I have seen Ferguson fight before so thats my basic knowledge of tonight's fights

Lee talked all that **** haha.

That was one of the best nights of fighting all year. On paper the card was good, it had potential, but it definitely surpassed all of my expectations. If you are a fan of grappling, the main and co-main events are wonderful shows of it. I don't even know where to start

Vannata vs Green - What a fight this was I thought it was all over in that first round but Lando was unlucky with that knee, it was in the heat of the moment and had he not thrown it he would have probably finished Green early. On the flip side, for Green to bounce back and fight to a draw after he was battered is insane. Every single fight fan should watch this fight, it was great.

DJ vs Borg - That's one of the best finishes I've ever seen inside the octagon. DJ dominated the entire way through and still got the finish in one of the most creative ways I have ever seen. It looked like he was going for a suplex, Borg expecting the suplex did not drill his elbows into his own body (to protect from a potential armlock because I mean who would have thunk) and then DJ lightly throws him and in midair sets up the armbar. WOW! That is the highlight moment of his career for me. To break the record and do it like this, oh man. Hats off, that was *********** phenomenal.

Ferguson vs Lee - This one surprised a great deal, in particular Lee's grappling in round 1. To end up on top after a Ferguson scramble and then pass and get mount on him is absolutely insane. Lee has got brilliant brilliant grappling, no one does that to Tony Ferguson. Ultimately I believe that he sort of gave Tony the finish out of exhaustion in round 3, you don't lay both of your arms straight onto a persons shoulders, that's inviting trouble. I don't mean to take anything away from Ferguson who imo is a catastrophic match up for McGregor. Ferguson putting on display the new generation of BJJ, Eddie Bravo's style is so so notable when Ferguson is in the octagon. Rubber guard, mission control, triangles, armbars, omaplata's just everything that's a nightmare to be put into, Ferguson can do perfectly. He's so flexible, he has super long legs and arms, he's just so difficult to handle on the ground.

In BJJ full guard is a great position for the person that's on their back because you can lock up so many different things. In MMA this has not totally been the case because you can punch and elbow and people tend to use full guard to defend the person on top but Ferguson last night showed just how dangerous and offensive you can be from full guard. Oh and how the **** did Lee get out of Ferguson's armbar, that was insanity

McGregor vs Ferguson next please Listening to Dana after the fight however he certainly made it seem as if that fight won't happen next which is a massive shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Starting to watch more ufc. Tuned in tonight after an airport run. I have seen Ferguson fight before so thats my basic knowledge of tonight's fights
    How did you find it?

That DJ sub was absolutely crazy! Brilliant.

McGregor vs Ferguson next please Listening to Dana after the fight however he certainly made it seem as if that fight won't happen next which is a massive shame.
    I can see McGregor vacating his belt, fighting Diaz for the trilogy, then retiring. All about the money now and I don't anyone but Diaz will pay him enough now.

I can see McGregor vacating his belt, fighting Diaz for the trilogy, then retiring. All about the money now and I don't anyone but Diaz will pay him enough now.
    He's recently come out and said that his next goal is to defend his title so I don't think he retires. I do think that he defends his belt against Diaz first though. I don't see how he beats Ferguson in all honesty. Ferguson is like a more durable, bigger, more unconventional, better grappling version of Nate Diaz so if Conor struggled against Nate, I don't see him having any luck against Tony. I can see Ferguson getting smashed in the first round but then bouncing back later after McGregor has gassed and then catching him with a submission standing.

Great card.

Ferguson done the business like most predicted. I thought Lee looked good though.

Would love to see him fight Conor but can't see it happening. Don't know why, but the Diaz trilogy doesn't do much for me. He'll pepper his leg and pick him apart.

DJ is simply unstoppable at that weight. Nobody can touch him. And that sub was just ridiculous. It's weird that some still don't give him the credit he deserves.

He's recently come out and said that his next goal is to defend his title so I don't think he retires. I do think that he defends his belt against Diaz first though. I don't see how he beats Ferguson in all honesty. Ferguson is like a more durable, bigger, more unconventional, better grappling version of Nate Diaz so if Conor struggled against Nate, I don't see him having any luck against Tony. I can see Ferguson getting smashed in the first round but then bouncing back later after McGregor has gassed and then catching him with a submission standing.
    If he defends it against Diaz before Ferguson, that's an even bigger joke. Fed up with this **** now, to be honest. The Diaz fight does absolutely nothing for me, I want to see him fighting relevant, worthy contenders, not whoever makes him the most money.

I do find it funny how he's struggled against Diaz though, considering he wasn't exactly brilliant throughout his career. All the top guys he fought handled him pretty easily, but he's taken McGregor into deep waters twice now. The more I see of Ferguson, the more I think he's a nightmare match up for McGregor so yeah, I don't think that fight will happen one way or the other.

How did you find it?
    Stayed up for whole card.

Mighty Mouse take down was crazy. Great seing the ground work and thought the commentary saying where and what he was planning was good too. Im no jujitsu expert.

I remember catching a Ferguson fight a while a go and really liked his unpredictability. He was more spinning kicks in the fight and jumping knees. Used hus experience well. You could tell with Lee that a lot was all adrenaline and Ferguson just had to see it out. But he's jabs where pretty ruthless from all angles

Till finishes Cowboy in first round - WOW

Bit unwell this week and ive come across ufc on FS2. God know who or what lol

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Darren Till you beauty. Absolutely smashed Cerrone. I donít much rate or like Cowboy anyway, but a big win.

Cerrone is definitely on the down, that's 3 tough losses in a row, 2 have come by stoppage if I remember correctly. He should take a bit of a break and contemplate coming back at LW. If not, I'd like to see Gunnar vs Cerrone next. As for Till, it's always so good to get new contenders in a division and so I'm really pleased for him. His style reminds me a bit of McGregor's. He seemed to be breathing quite heavy before he stopped Cerrone so his cardio is something to look out for but so far so good for him. I hope that he doesn't fight Perry next, I have no interest in that fight and it would be a step down for him.

Artem losing again in exactly the same way as he always loses. He has a hell of a chin on him but his striking is one dimensional and his TDD is seriously non-existent.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Cerrone is definitely on the down, that's 3 tough losses in a row, 2 have come by stoppage if I remember correctly. He should take a bit of a break and contemplate coming back at LW. If not, I'd like to see Gunnar vs Cerrone next. As for Till, it's always so good to get new contenders in a division and so I'm really pleased for him. His style reminds me a bit of McGregor's. He seemed to be breathing quite heavy before he stopped Cerrone so his cardio is something to look out for but so far so good for him. I hope that he doesn't fight Perry next, I have no interest in that fight and it would be a step down for him.

Artem losing again in exactly the same way as he always loses. He has a hell of a chin on him but his striking is one dimensional and his TDD is seriously non-existent.
    There are too many **** fighters like Lobov in the UFC. Agree about Perry, would be a step down for Till.