Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,351 to 1,370 of 1370

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    God forbid McGregor lets some of his 'friends' have some of the limelight. Attention seeking ********. He should be severely punished for that, especially considering Dana White making it absolutely clear that if you touch a ref, you're cut, but of course he'll get away with it. I expect them to hide behind 'it didn't happen with us' excuse. Probably coked up, too.

Anderson Silva pops again and is out of his fight, Edgar out of the Holloway fight (and Aldo looks set to replace him zzzzzz) and Cruz out of his fight. Not a good few days for MMA.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Yeah Conor has definitely crossed the line here. I feel bad for the guy who was knocked out, the ref should be with him as he comes to, to explain where he is and what's happened etc. But instead the ref had to go deal with Conor entering the cage and then after he was able to get back to the guy there was all those people around and he even got pushed over. Who knows what was going through his head at that moment, recovering and having all that going on.

Regardless of what punishment he gets or whether he gets off with it Conor needs to apologise to the guy.

Anyways Silva popping again! Unbelievable! Bisping stepping up to replace him! That is a huge risk for Bisping,he says he came out of the fight injury free but GSP dropped him before taking his back. Kelvin could easily knock him out.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Pettis with another loss last night. Looks like an injury of some kind.

Shame about the way it ended, it was a fantastic fight up to that point.

That elbow from Matt Brown was insane!

I don't know what goes through McGregor's head sometimes, he's bang out of order. Unfortunately for him, he's not at a point where he can do and say what he likes. Running into the cage, pushing the referee, using homophobic slurs and all this in the last month. He needs to calm down, recalibrate and get serious because his actions and words are really making him out to be absolutely insufferable. That being said, I think articles headlined with "McGregor assaults referee" to be way over the top as well. He shouldn't have been in there, he shouldn't have touched the referee but he far from assaulted him

Bisping is going to get KO'd by Gastelum in my opinion. I don't know how someone who was knocked down by a punch and subsequently choked unconscious is being commissioned to fight 2 weeks later. It's crazy and I really believe that he'd have been on medical suspension had the UFC not seen an opportunity to profit on him further. I don't like this fight for him at all, Gastelum has better boxing and wrestling and he's coming off a bad loss.

Sanchez has got to retire, it was tough seeing him get KO'd again. Pettis on another loss now, it seemed unfortunate though as it looks like his rib just cracked. It was a really entertaining fight up until that point. Poirier afterwards asking for a title shot was laughable it has to be said "I don't know what I have to do to get a title shot" maybe not get KO'd by Michael Johnson in 1 minute and perhaps it would be useful to have more than a one fight win streak.

McGregor pulled from the 219 card as punishment for what he did. He deserves much more than that. Pushing refs, slapping officials...he's became a really unlikable ******** of late.

Also, lol @ the Bellator HW tournament...they have 4 well past their best HWs and 4 past their best LHWs. Could be fun, I suppose. Rory saying he wants in on it too

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    McGregor pulled from the 219 card as punishment for what he did. He deserves much more than that. Pushing refs, slapping officials...he's became a really unlikable ******** of late.

Also, lol @ the Bellator HW tournament...they have 4 well past their best HWs and 4 past their best LHWs. Could be fun, I suppose. Rory saying he wants in on it too
    McGregor is an idiot. It seems once you reach a certain level it's your duty as the biggest star to self sabotage as much as possible. Next there will be footage of him snorting a suspicious powder off Artem's arse.

Of late?

So, apparently the UFC are looking to book Woodley vs Nate Diaz for 219 now.

Firstly, how does Diaz deserve a title shot? And at WW, no less.

Secondly, once Woodley destroys him, the McGregor trilogy fight would take a big hit as people would then realise again that Diaz isn't actually all that good. Still find it funny how people forget how average Diaz was before those fights, he's gone 3-4 in his last 7 fights

So, apparently the UFC are looking to book Woodley vs Nate Diaz for 219 now.

Firstly, how does Diaz deserve a title shot? And at WW, no less.

Secondly, once Woodley destroys him, the McGregor trilogy fight would take a big hit as people would then realise again that Diaz isn't actually all that good. Still find it funny how people forget how average Diaz was before those fights, he's gone 3-4 in his last 7 fights
    Terrible match up for Nate, I don't get why he'd take that fight. He's outmatched absolutely everywhere. Woodley will put him on the ground at will and will probably end up KO'ing him.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Terrible match up for Nate, I don't get why he'd take that fight. He's outmatched absolutely everywhere. Woodley will put him on the ground at will and will probably end up KO'ing him.
    Yeah, it's a strange one on all levels. Would much prefer Nate vs Ferguson. Woodley would toss Diaz around like a small child. The UFC have to know this could turn out very badly for their future plans, Nate has to know this too. If he goes in there and gets absolutely dominated, like I think he would, how could they sell a McGregor rematch without this tainting it?

Yeah, it's a strange one on all levels. Would much prefer Nate vs Ferguson. Woodley would toss Diaz around like a small child. The UFC have to know this could turn out very badly for their future plans, Nate has to know this too. If he goes in there and gets absolutely dominated, like I think he would, how could they sell a McGregor rematch without this tainting it?
    I think they're probably entertaining the very real possibility that McGregor will get beat handily by Ferguson. So 2 fighters who have a history and both coming off losses could make for an interesting fight. That's the only logic I can see in any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I think they're probably entertaining the very real possibility that McGregor will get beat handily by Ferguson. So 2 fighters who have a history and both coming off losses could make for an interesting fight. That's the only logic I can see in any of this.
    I think they're absolutely praying Diaz somehow beats Woodley. Imagine that for a trilogy fight; McGregor LW champion vs Diaz WW champion. Won't happen though, but it would be massive.

I think Ferguson beats McGregor too, and I think McGregor and the UFC are doing everything to avoid it.

I think they're absolutely praying Diaz somehow beats Woodley. Imagine that for a trilogy fight; McGregor LW champion vs Diaz WW champion. Won't happen though, but it would be massive.

I think Ferguson beats McGregor too, and I think McGregor and the UFC are doing everything to avoid it.
    That would be absolutely insane though imagine But yeah I think both of them lose handily and I think that Ferguson finishes McGregor within the first 3 rounds.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Nate vs Woodley does nothing for me. Makes no sense.

I don't think McGregor wants to fight at 219. He made enough money from the Mayweather. I get the fact he will no doubt want more cash but no way he wants the Ferguson fight.

Listening to Rogan's podcast last night and I just understood what happened with the Bellator situation. McGregor jumped into the ring before the fight was even over, that's so ridiculous and so bad honestly. I thought the fight was over and he was upto his usual post-fight routine but nope, he jumped into the cage before the fight was even called off. That's terrible. As terrible as the referee's decision not to call the fight.

Cyborg vs Holm is super super interesting and I'll tell you what, I think Holm beats her. I think Holm might even KO her, it's a good match up stylistically for her and this is by far Cyborg's toughest fight in years.

Honestly I wouldn't take much notice of what Rogan said, he hadn't seemed to have actually watched what happened and was forming his opinion based on reading about it and seemed to be believing Conor had jumped into the cage to save the opponent from getting killed because Goddard wasn't going to stop the fight.

Mark Goddard has said the fight was technically not over and Conor has used that as an excuse to justify him being in there and criticising Goddard. Goddard had stopped the fight, his confusion was whether he had stepped in to stop it within the regulated time or whether the bell had rang. If the bell had rang and "saved" him, then Goddard would have been obligated to get a doctor in and see whether he could continue, which was not going to happen but that is what he is obligated to do.

Conor jumped in the cage believing the fight was over to celebrate his friends victory before he was legally allowed to enter the cage. He didn't get in there to stop the action or save anyone, the action was stopped and the fight wouldn't have continued whether Conor had came in or not.

Conor entering merely delayed the inevitable correct decision being made and forced Goddard to have to deal with him rather than checking up on the knocked out fighter. Conor is completely in the wrong and his statement about it is just a bunch of lies and Goddard did absolutely nothing wrong.

Not a very entertaining card last night, the pre-lims had a couple of decent fights but the main card wasn't very exciting at all. Maybe it was just me being hungover but I couldn't get into any of the fights on the main card.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
    Not a very entertaining card last night, the pre-lims had a couple of decent fights but the main card wasn't very exciting at all. Maybe it was just me being hungover but I couldn't get into any of the fights on the main card.
    I only watched the main event and to be honest I could have done without watching it. I don't like Werdum at all and so naturally I was hoping that Tybura could pull off the upset but he literally had very little to offer. The one time he opened up in the 5th round he rocked Werdum, for the rest he was pretty harmless. Kept high fiving each other which is something that generally irritates me

Will Brooks getting beat by Lentz last night was a massive shock. I'm going to watch that fight just because I'm curious Came in with so much hype from Bellator, having been their LW champion, and has now lost 3 out of his 4 UFC fights. He's been fighting relatively poor competition as well but that's now the third time he's gotten finished in a row. Not been a happy time for him in the UFC.