Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,381 to 1,403 of 1403

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Ngannou just took AOs soul with that uppercut. This guy is the future of the UFC if they market him right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Bisping absolutely wrecked by a lovely slip and counter left from Gastelum in the first round. Beautiful shot.

How Bisping was allowed to fight on this card is beyond me though, second bad beating he's taken in 3 weeks. One more fight in London then he has to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Ngannou just took AOs soul with that uppercut. This guy is the future of the UFC if they market him right.
    N'gannou is a wrecking ball. If he lands first, nobody is taking that power. Reem didn't even move for a bit. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by RaraFinXI View Post
    N'gannou is a wrecking ball. If he lands first, nobody is taking that power. Reem didn't even move for a bit. Scary.
    They should have had detectives in there along with the coroner. That was a crime scene.

I think every heavyweight right now is already trying to get down to 205 😀

Didn't mean to quote Wilberto in my last message. For some reason, everytime i post in here Wilbertos message is quoted and i have to delete.

Oh boy Ngannou just absolutely mauled Overeem, I'm surprised his head didn't disconnect from the rest of his body. He lifted Overeem off the ground with that shot, it was insanity Overeem clearly didn't respect Ngannou's threat, he talked about that very openly in the press prior to the fight and it was clear to see during the fight. I knew the moment he rushed towards Ngannou when the round started that he was going to get KO'd sharpish. He didn't do any of his patent pending running, he had very little movement and didn't even try to be elusive and evade shots. He stood right in front of him and he got destroyed, highlight reel knockout, scary stuff seriously.

Gaethje vs Alvarez was as fun as predicted. Gaethje chewed up Alvarez' leg with some nasty kicks but ultimately his punching bag tactic is not good enough to get him through the top 5 LW division fighters in the UFC. Not only will he not succeed on the short term with that tactic, he will suffer badly on the long term as a result as well. I'm hoping that him getting kneed to the face will actually be a blessing in disguise, he needs to try and get out of the way of shots, you can't absorb them all. As for Alvarez, I thought he really looked great. He's one of those fighters that are underrated when perhaps they should be taken more seriously. He's won championship belts in every single division he's fought in and he's beat some really good fighters along the way. Last night was the best I've seen him look in the UFC.

Aldo vs Holloway went just about the way everyone expected. You can't be on the scale crying because of the weight cut and then hope to go on and perform for 5 rounds straight. In the first round it looked like he was pacing himself and saving energy but he gassed out in round 2 anyways. I thought going into the fight that his best tactic is to be explosive for the first two rounds and try hard to finish Holloway but he didn't do that and he gassed either ways. It's time for him to go up or retire. You reach a certain age where your body just can't handle the weight cut anymore. I'd like to see the Edgar vs Holloway fight next because apart from that fight the division is looking quite shallow.

Pettis vs Cejudo - It's not rocket science how to beat a Pettis. Put him on the ground and cruise to victory. That's exactly what happened here. A lot of people are upset at Cejudo which is laughable. He doesn't have an obligation to go out there and put himself in harm's way by maximising his opponents chances of inflicting damage. He's an olympic gold medalist in wrestling, he'd have been so ridiculous if he went out there and didn't take the fight to the ground. Pettis should be under fire for seemingly not even trying to stop the takedowns, all criticism of Cejudo is misplaced.

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    Is there anybody to beat Holloway in the Featherweight division, I don't think so.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by *Wolfy* View Post
    Is there anybody to beat Holloway in the Featherweight division, I don't think so.
    Edgar's wrestling and sharp boxing may be enough, but Holloway looks huge at that weight now. Don't think it will be long before he moves up, too. Would love to see the McGregor rematch at some point but obviously it won't happen.

Edgar's wrestling and sharp boxing may be enough, but Holloway looks huge at that weight now. Don't think it will be long before he moves up, too. Would love to see the McGregor rematch at some point but obviously it won't happen.
    He was asking for it seen it there a few days ago somewhere, even hinted he would move up to lightweight to challenge him.

He was asking for it seen it there a few days ago somewhere, even hinted he would move up to lightweight to challenge him.
    Definitely think McG would want him more than Tony. His first choice is obviously Nate though.

Definitely think McG would want him more than Tony. His first choice is obviously Nate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I think McGregor would beat him. Diaz has gone inactive since the fight, can't see him getting back in the cage at a decent level to win,

I think McGregor would beat him. Diaz has gone inactive since the fight, can't see him getting back in the cage at a decent level to win,
    I never worry about these things with a Diaz.

Hope Whitaker smashes Rockhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Hope Whitaker smashes Rockhold.
    That's a really great fight and I actually favour Rockhold in it. I too am hoping for a Whittaker win though.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    That's a really great fight and I actually favour Rockhold in it. I too am hoping for a Whittaker win though.
    I fancy Rockhold to win unfortunately myself, for the real belt now aswell.

So GSP vacates the belt. All seems a bit pointless now but at least he won't be fighting any of the real top MWs, which probably wouldn't have ended well.

I actually think Whittaker will beat Rockhold up, althought I don't know why exactly he's got a title shot. One win over David Branch is enough? Hardly like he was a dominant champion before that either. That division has gone from stacked with contenders, to no real stand out ones.

So GSP vacates the belt. All seems a bit pointless now but at least he won't be fighting any of the real top MWs, which probably wouldn't have ended well.

I actually think Whittaker will beat Rockhold up, althought I don't know why exactly he's got a title shot. One win over David Branch is enough? Hardly like he was a dominant champion before that either. That division has gone from stacked with contenders, to no real stand out ones.
    The only thing that surprises me is that GSP was allowed to compete for the MW belt in the first place. I'd like to see him up against Woodley next, on paper that's a pretty bad matchup but we'll see.

As for Rockhold, he got the shot by default unfortunately. All of the other contenders are coming off losses (except for Weidman who's 1-3).

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    The only thing that surprises me is that GSP was allowed to compete for the MW belt in the first place. I'd like to see him up against Woodley next, on paper that's a pretty bad matchup but we'll see.

As for Rockhold, he got the shot by default unfortunately. All of the other contenders are coming off losses (except for Weidman who's 1-3).
    Yeah, I think it was always obvious he wouldn't have more than one fight at MW. I think he saw the perfect opportunity to take the belt from a weak champion and then move straight back down. Woodley is a bad match up but it depends what one shows up. If it's the Woodley of recent fights, I think he'll have a great chance but if it's the explosive Woodley who was knocking everyone out, it could end badly. Either way I'm just glad he's not hanging around at MW.

Yeah, but even then I think somebody like Gastelum would deserve it more. I know he lost against Weidman but he has some decent wins in his last 5 fights. Just don't think Rockhold deserves one after getting KO'd cold and only having one win against a relative nobody since. Again though, it just shows how that division has fallen in such a quick time. Not long ago there were 3 or 4 real top quality genuine contenders, now Rockhold gets the shot because there's nobody else, really.

Hamann Amarth is offline Armchair supporter
    Just don't think Rockhold deserves one after getting KO'd cold and only having one win against a relative nobody since. Again though, it just shows how that division has fallen in such a quick time. Not long ago there were 3 or 4 real top quality genuine contenders, now Rockhold gets the shot because there's nobody else, really.
    Rockhold was in trouble against David Branch. Whittaker will knock him out. Only hope Rockhold has is if he can get on top of Whittaker. His ground and pound is pretty relentless.

Ortega with another smooth submission. Big fan of this guy, never seems to be in a boring fight and his BJJ looks one of the best in the division. I like Cub but I'm glad Ortega won and a new, young contender emerged.

That Moraes KO of Sterling was nasty. It was weird as he obviously went for the kick and caught him with the knee, but Sterling was out cold for absolutely ages and there seemed to be genuine worry over him.

Ortega with another smooth submission. Big fan of this guy, never seems to be in a boring fight and his BJJ looks one of the best in the division. I like Cub but I'm glad Ortega won and a new, young contender emerged.

That Moraes KO of Sterling was nasty. It was weird as he obviously went for the kick and caught him with the knee, but Sterling was out cold for absolutely ages and there seemed to be genuine worry over him.
    Ortega has next level BJJ, amazing. I thought Cub did relatively well to defend for the most part but sometimes there's no getting out of those especially when your opponent is making adjustments in mid air. Ortega is so slick though that he had Cub wrapped up before he even had time to get his hands up. Ortega's striking definitely definitely needs to be improved and if he's able to do that, then his BJJ will give him the edge over anyone in the division.

Sterling is probably one of the most overrated fighters in the division in my opinion. He's now at 2-3 in his last 5 fights, it's not looking good. Like you said, the KO was super gnarly. Sterling has since posted a statement on his twitter so thankfully he seems to be recovering. Marlon Moraes is really good, he's now beaten both Dodson and Sterling with his only loss coming by split decision against Assuncao.

I don't care about the rest of the card so not much else to say. One comment though, I was pretty happy with the referee taking a point away from Knight. You don't accidentally bite someones fingers

Lawler vs RDA should be good this weekend. Lawler looked considerably bigger than RDA though, I think he's going to batter him.