Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 1,411 to 1,435 of 1435

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Dana White saying that if Holm wins tonight, she's the greatest female fighter in the history of MMA Never mind she's lost 3 of her last 4 or anything. So that's now Rousey, JJ and Holm who are all the greatest female MMA fighter of all time according to that ****.

Anway...

I do actually think Holm will beat Cyborg. Obviously it's a big ask, but I fancy her chances on the feet, and I think that's where Cyborg is best. Unless Cyborg changes it up and tries to take her down, I can see Holm picking her apart from her excellent movement and boxing/kickboxing. I can also see her getting KO'd in the first, but I'll go for Holm this time

Khabib should win this one, but after seeing how MJ lit him up for a while before he eventually took him down and pummelled him, I think I might stump for Barboza. His kicks are frightening, and I think he may just catch him as he's coming in to grapple. Is Khabib's striking good enough to get him close enough to grab without getting badly hurt? We'll see. (Going to have a small bet on Barboza/Holm double @ 12/1...).

Great to see Condit back, one of my absolute favourites. Tough fight to come back to though, Magny is no joke. Especially after such a bad loss to Maia last time out for Condit. Hopefully he's back with a bang, as he's one of the fighters I'll always tune in to watch.

I know Ezparza isn't very good and very one dimensional, but is she really a 9/4 shot against Calvillo? Haven't seen too much of Calvillo to judge, to be fair, but that seems a big price for Ezparza who is capable of grinding and frustrating opponents.

All in all it seems a bit of a 'meh' end of year card, to be honest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Also, Dana saying McGregor won't fight again until the summer. What a *********** joke this is now. The winner of Barboza - Khabib will fight Ferguson for the chance to fight McGregor. It's all an absolute farce now and is really damaging the sport, for me. McGregor won that title last November ffs! That's 2 divisions he's absolutely ruined.

The promotion for UFC 219 has been dreadful.

Anyway, cyborg and barboza will get the wins.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Khabib is simply not normal.

Khabib vs Ferguson asap! And this time don't mess it up with the weight cutting Khabib. Funny he even mentioned to move to 145

Khabib is the definition of relentless. Such an impressive performance.

I think he'd beat Ferguson and maul Conor. Seems to have a decent chin and he'd definitely get the takedown.

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraFinXI View Post
    Khabib is the definition of relentless. Such an impressive performance.

I think he'd beat Ferguson and maul Conor. Seems to have a decent chin and he'd definitely get the takedown.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    I agree
    There is a chance he could get tagged early on but his chin seems to be decent.

I can't think of any other fighter that is as relentless as him. Possibly the Cain of old.

Hopefully the weight cut issues are behind him and he can be more active this year.

Really happy that Holm didn't win, at least we now have a champion that wants to go out there, be aggressive and fight. Also as a side note, I don't see how the judges gave Holm two rounds, weird one that.

Regarding Khabib, stylistically a good matchup for him but very impressive nonetheless. I still like McGregor's chances against him but I do think that he beats Ferguson. McGregor had better be back to defend the title soon because this is becoming a bit of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Really happy that Holm didn't win, at least we now have a champion that wants to go out there, be aggressive and fight. Also as a side note, I don't see how the judges gave Holm two rounds, weird one that.

Regarding Khabib, stylistically a good matchup for him but very impressive nonetheless. I still like McGregor's chances against him but I do think that he beats Ferguson. McGregor had better be back to defend the title soon because this is becoming a bit of a joke.
    I don't think McG beats Khabib. Not when he fights like this.

Everyone always write off Connor saying this latest matchup is a bad one, blah blah.

I think it would be a good fight and anyone could win it. He will beat Ferguson though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I don't think McG beats Khabib. Not when he fights like this.
    The thing is that Barboza and McGregor have completely opposing styles. Barboza's biggest threat is at distance where he can use his kicks which plays into Khabib's game seeing as Khabib always stays in the pocket and within grappling distance. McGregor is different because he's excellent in the pocket, he's excellent at maintaining distance and he could very well catch Khabib coming in. Also, he's accurate with his striking, he has quick hands and he's a southpaw. I really think he has Khabib's number and he knows it, that's why he's been much more vocal about fighting Khabib than Ferguson. Obviously it's a fight and Khabib could just end up keeping him down for 25 minutes but I don't think it'd be quite that simple. Khabib beats Ferguson, Ferguson beats McGregor and McGregor beats Khabib imo. It would be a super exciting time at LW had McGregor decided to stop holding the division up.

The thing is that Barboza and McGregor have completely opposing styles. Barboza's biggest threat is at distance where he can use his kicks which plays into Khabib's game seeing as Khabib always stays in the pocket and within grappling distance. McGregor is different because he's excellent in the pocket, he's excellent at maintaining distance and he could very well catch Khabib coming in. Also, he's accurate with his striking, he has quick hands and he's a southpaw. I really think he has Khabib's number and he knows it, that's why he's been much more vocal about fighting Khabib than Ferguson. Obviously it's a fight and Khabib could just end up keeping him down for 25 minutes but I don't think it'd be quite that simple. Khabib beats Ferguson, Ferguson beats McGregor and McGregor beats Khabib imo. It would be a super exciting time at LW had McGregor decided to stop holding the division up.
    Khabib ate some vicious kicks from Barboza that night like it was nothing. Khabib will not look to do what both Eddie and Nate did, stand and try to trade. He'll push the pace and look to back him up as quick as possible and once he gets a hand on McG its over. He's unlike any grappler around, even if he gets just one of his legs Conor is going down. Once he's down, he isn't getting back up.

Even the notion that he got rocked in the MJ fight was bit too far. He ate a couple of good punches, but he was hardly in trouble.
    Last edited by Acumen; 4-1-18 at 20:12.

Khabib is undoubtedly tough but there are definitely openings there for Conor to knock him out if he presses forward the same as he did against Barboza.

Really hope he keeps up the talk and continues to campaign for Conor, people might not like it and think it ruins the sport but it is just a matter of fact that to get the fights against the big stars like Conor there has to be interest and a lot of hype behind it. So far he has called out Conor and Conor has responded to him so he's doing all the right things.

Would be great to see Conor V Khabib come to fruition.

Really starting to think McGregor never fights again, and at this point, I couldn't care less.

Absolutely ruined 2 divisions already. 400+ days now without defending the title, it's a joke. That's not even counting how long he held the FW title hostage. Boring as **** now and is having a really bad effect on my interest in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Really starting to think McGregor never fights again, and at this point, I couldn't care less.

Absolutely ruined 2 divisions already. 400+ days now without defending the title, it's a joke. That's not even counting how long he held the FW title hostage. Boring as **** now and is having a really bad effect on my interest in the sport.
    Why hasn’t he been stripped of the belt in the same way boxers are if they don’t defend the title in x amount of time? Is it a UFC thing or is it special treatment of McGregor?

I hope he does, and gets his head punched or kicked into orbit.

Heís a grade A nugget. I watched Bellator 187 and he embarrassed himself, and the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    I hope he does, and gets his head punched or kicked into orbit.

He’s a grade A nugget. I watched Bellator 187 and he embarrassed himself, and the sport.
    I used to like him, he was humourous with his confidence. Now he just seems like an absolute ****, though. Really can't stand the guy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keverson View Post
    Why hasn’t he been stripped of the belt in the same way boxers are if they don’t defend the title in x amount of time? Is it a UFC thing or is it special treatment of McGregor?
    UFC stripped Germaine de Randamie of her belt after four months for not wanting to fight Cyborg. McG is doing pretty much the same thing avoiding Khabib and Ferguson, he's just not being so blunt about it.

They make it up as they go along but McGregor definitely gets preferential treatment.

Whittaker out injured, so now it's Rockhold v Romero for another interim title. This **** is getting boring.

So that's Rockhold, who has one unimpressive win after getting badly KO'd vs Romero, who is coming off a decisive loss to the current champion, for an interim title.

Whittaker out injured, so now it's Rockhold v Romero for another interim title. This **** is getting boring.

So that's Rockhold, who has one unimpressive win after getting badly KO'd vs Romero, who is coming off a decisive loss to the current champion, for an interim title.
    I'm sick and tired of interim belts, in particular when they're between people who should probably not be getting the chance to be a champion. The only interim title fight that should happen is Khabib vs Ferguson but it seems that both Khabib and McGregor are ducking Ferguson so that entire division is at a stand still. The UFC is not in a great state nowadays. Most of their divisions are unexciting and comprise of aging fighters that have no choice but to fight one another multiple times. Flyweight, featherweight, MW and LhW are so bad you can't even think of a viable challenger for the belt. Then you have WW where the 'champion' appears not to want to fight anyone remotely legitimate rather favouring fights against Nate Diaz (a LW), McGregor (a LW) and GSP (an injured and past his prime fighter). Just a shambles all around.

I'm sick and tired of interim belts, in particular when they're between people who should probably not be getting the chance to be a champion. The only interim title fight that should happen is Khabib vs Ferguson but it seems that both Khabib and McGregor are ducking Ferguson so that entire division is at a stand still. The UFC is not in a great state nowadays. Most of their divisions are unexciting and comprise of aging fighters that have no choice but to fight one another multiple times. Flyweight, featherweight, MW and LhW are so bad you can't even think of a viable challenger for the belt. Then you have WW where the 'champion' appears not to want to fight anyone remotely legitimate rather favouring fights against Nate Diaz (a LW), McGregor (a LW) and GSP (an injured and past his prime fighter). Just a shambles all around.
    Yeah, my interest has dwindled big time recently. McGregor has been the biggest culprit in all this, for me. Stalled the FW division, and has now messed up the LW division. Interim titles left, right and center. Champions not fighting who they should be fighting, instead insisting on 'money fights'.

As good value as McGregor is, I honestly think he's had a negative impact on the matchmaking side of the sport, and the titles. Of course, if they just paid them properly, it wouldn't be such a big issue.

Khabib v Ferguson set for 223.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Khabib v Ferguson set for 223.
    Not for the official belt though apparently, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Not for the official belt though apparently, pathetic.
    Dana is a coward. He won't strip McG of the title, but will let him not defend it and go ahead and engage in a farcical boxing match. In my mind, Tony is the Champ and Khabib is the no 1 contender.