Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1262

Thread: King Kirky's Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Thread - Round 2

Amazing drama yesterday. The Cormier weigh in debacle is dodgy as anything I have ever seen. He weighs in 1.2lbs over, goes away for a few minutes and then comes back weighs in bang on 205 while holding onto the towel. Then Rumble rocks up and weighs in while still wearing his trousers and is exactly 1.2lbs under 205! Everything about it is suspect. Got to believe there was a lot of stuff going on behind closed doors with cameras and mics off that we will never know. It doesn't make sense for Rumble to hang around until the last minute if he was so easily going to make weight, surely he'd want to weigh in as early as he could so he could start the process of re-hydrating and getting focused for the fight.

I've been saying for a while the whole weight cutting thing is a joke and this just takes it to a whole new level.

Then there is the whole situation with the girl with implants.

Hopefully there is as much action inside the cage later!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
    Amazing drama yesterday. The Cormier weigh in debacle is dodgy as anything I have ever seen. He weighs in 1.2lbs over, goes away for a few minutes and then comes back weighs in bang on 205 while holding onto the towel. Then Rumble rocks up and weighs in while still wearing his trousers and is exactly 1.2lbs under 205! Everything about it is suspect. Got to believe there was a lot of stuff going on behind closed doors with cameras and mics off that we will never know. It doesn't make sense for Rumble to hang around until the last minute if he was so easily going to make weight, surely he'd want to weigh in as early as he could so he could start the process of re-hydrating and getting focused for the fight.

I've been saying for a while the whole weight cutting thing is a joke and this just takes it to a whole new level.

Extremely suspect that weigh in, from top to bottom. They really are very incompetent in NY. Also for the record, I think Johnson puts Cormier to sleep within the first 2 minutes of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post

That was very dodgy. And the NYSAC staff said it never happened although its easy to see by watching the video...

According to Rumble the scales he'd be using were off by a few pound so he wasn't actually expecting to weigh in at 203.

The reds win, the suns out and UFC is on tonight. Lovely.

Hope Mousasi and Johnson win tonight. Very difficult to call, despite more or less knowing the game plan the fighters will implement.

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    The reds win, the suns out and UFC is on tonight. Lovely.

Hope Mousasi and Johnson win tonight. Very difficult to call, despite more or less knowing the game plan the fighters will implement.
    It's so so difficult to call for Mousasi v Weidman that I could flip a coin. Think it goes to decision either way. With Cormier and Johnson, I think it's a lot easier to call. First 7 mins Rumble needs to KO him - otherwise it'll be another submission victory for DC. And for the record, I don't think Rumble KOs him.

Vesku225 is online now Under-20 2015 and World Cup 2014 Sweepstakes Champion
    The Usman opponent wasnt in the same league . Now on main card. Oliveiras fight was too quick. Still 4 fights left

Actually been a great card so far. The Mousasi Weidman fight though... just a messed up situation. Mousasi is real man though, with his reaction! G

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Hahaha thank goodness I didn't buy this PPV. Rumble folded again.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Why did Rumble try to wrestle DC? Bizarre. DC @ evens was a great bet, Rumble just doesn't have it in him.

I'm so glad Mousasi got the win for that nonsense. Weidman putting his hand down to try to stop the knees, but I like the new rule that stops that. Shouldn't have milked the time out for so long either. Anyway, I'm sure Mousasi is dissatisfied too, they'll probably call for a rematch now.

Will Brooks beat again. Another big reputation stuttering.

Had a nice little bet on this, Cormier, Mousasi, Alves and Calvillo

I think that is the last event that I watch live, such a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I never watch events live now, even the big ones. Just not worth it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    i agree with the latter. Feel like **** now after staying up until 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by HaventGotAKalou View Post
    It's so so difficult to call for Mousasi v Weidman that I could flip a coin. Think it goes to decision either way. With Cormier and Johnson, I think it's a lot easier to call. First 7 mins Rumble needs to KO him - otherwise it'll be another submission victory for DC. And for the record, I don't think Rumble KOs him.
    that's the obvious bit, the difficult part was calling the result with Rumble just needing 1 shot to put you to sleep but Cormier being so dominant when it comes to wrestling.

Rumble was very disappointing in the end, I'd love to know if that was the game plan all along or whether he lost his head.
    Absolute bizarre tactics especially when he's landed a few decent shots on Cormier already.
    Cormier is very underrated. It might not be that pretty to watch him but its effective.

There's no point rehashing what everyone has already said but I honestly can't for the life of me understand why Rumble tried to wrestle. He had DC hurt every time they were in the centre of the octagon, incredible decision from Johnson. Good for DC though, thought he was going to get beat for sure, physically he didn't look great and he's not getting any younger. The no hand fighting from Rumble was just shocking, no attempt to defend whatsoever, incomprehensible performance.

Now onto the cluster**** of a co-main event. Entirely legal knees, Mousasi was the one robbed. He was robbed of the clean victory he was well on route to getting. Those knees hurt Weidman badly and he would have been finished soon after for sure. I had a lot of respect for Weidman before this, I quite liked him, but his attitude, reactions and everything were an absolute disgrace. If he appeals this and it's overturned to a NC, I'll lose all hope and a lot of interest in this sport. The NYAC have zero clue about MMA, what a shambles. Pay Mousasi what he likes and let's see him vs Rockhold in Holland.

As Wil said, Brooks losing again only this time to a FW. The gulf between Bellator and the UFC is massive. Watched a couple of other fights but nothing of note to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    There's no point rehashing what everyone has already said but I honestly can't for the life of me understand why Rumble tried to wrestle. He had DC hurt every time they were in the centre of the octagon, incredible decision from Johnson. Good for DC though, thought he was going to get beat for sure, physically he didn't look great and he's not getting any younger. The no hand fighting from Rumble was just shocking, no attempt to defend whatsoever, incomprehensible performance.

Now onto the cluster**** of a co-main event. Entirely legal knees, Mousasi was the one robbed. He was robbed of the clean victory he was well on route to getting. Those knees hurt Weidman badly and he would have been finished soon after for sure. I had a lot of respect for Weidman before this, I quite liked him, but his attitude, reactions and everything were an absolute disgrace. If he appeals this and it's overturned to a NC, I'll lose all hope and a lot of interest in this sport. The NYAC have zero clue about MMA, what a shambles. Pay Mousasi what he likes and let's see him vs Rockhold in Holland.

As Wil said, Brooks losing again only this time to a FW. The gulf between Bellator and the UFC is massive. Watched a couple of other fights but nothing of note to comment on.
    I think they're likely to do the rematch in Holland.
    Weidman made it sound like he was the one robbed, even though it looked like he wasn't up for continuing.

I agree with Slice when he says Mousasi was robbed of a clean victory but disagree with the part about those knees hurting Weidman, they didn't. Weidman could have easily continued if the action wasn't stopped and Mousasi would have had to have done a whole lot more if he was going to finish him.

Weidman won the first round but the tide had most definitely turned and Weidman was completely gassed. Mousasi was well on his way to winning round 2 and would have likely dominated round 3 and maybe have finished him too.

If you watch the fight slightly before the knees that cause the drama, Mousasi throws a kick that barely lands on the inside thigh and Weidman turns to the ref saying it was a kick to the groin. It was because he was gassed and wanted the ref to call time and give him a bit of a break.

That's why he stayed down and was holding his head as if he was hurt, because the ref told him it was illegal and he had 5 minutes. So Weidman was going to milk the situation to try and recover so he could maybe land a few take downs and win round 2.

If you watch as soon as he gets told the knees were legal he stops holding his head and has a completely different demeanour about him.

It's pretty weak of Weidman to be playing for angles like this and wonder what is up with him. He looked in great shape coming into the fight and we have seen him in the past go 5 rounds like against Machida. So it is strange how he suddenly gasses in 1 round.

While it ain't exactly "stacked" I think tonight's event could be interesting. Not worth staying up until 6am for but worth recording and watching before the game tomorrow.

If I was making the odds I would have Waterson as a favourite against Rose yet the bookies have her as an underdog so I have put a bit of money on her to win.

Also I am tempted to bet on another upset and have Whittaker to beat Jacare. I really like Whittaker, think his striking is world class. Going to be hard for him to avoid being taken down but he has been pretty good at stopping takedowns in other fights.

I actually think that there are some excellent fights on tonight. Check this out:

DJ vs Reis
    Namajunas vs Waterson
    Souza vs Whittaker
    Green vs Magomedov
    Smolka vs Elliott
    Sterling vs Mendes.

Great fights to be honest. This is like a card built for hardcore fans, a casual UFC fan won't be able to grasp just how good this card is. I'm going for a big upset tonight, I like Reis chances in the fight. On ability alone, DJ has his number. But I feel like he's starting to take his eye off the prize by talking about his perceived bad treatment by the UFC and a ton of things he usually doesn't open up about. I wonder where he's at mentally and in his last fight he nearly got caught on the ground by Elliott. Reis is much better on the ground than Elliott so it should be interesting.

I like Souza's chances. It all depends on whether or not Whittaker can stay on his feet. I just feel as if Jacare will get him down at least once in the fight and that'll be enough to finish him.

DJ tapped him, thats incredible. Still not the goat though, compare with who GSP or Silva have fought and it's really no question. I can't believe that GSP isn't spoken about as the goat more often.

Jacare no Thankfully he signed the contract before the fight wow though, kind of makes the Thompson KO of Whittaker even more impressive.

Gotta love Thug Rose, she improves fight after fight. Please don't match her up with Joanna though, its too soon.

DJ tapped him, thats incredible. Still not the goat though, compare with who GSP or Silva have fought and it's really no question. I can't believe that GSP isn't spoken about as the goat more often.

Jacare no Thankfully he signed the contract before the fight wow though, kind of makes the Thompson KO of Whittaker even more impressive.

Gotta love Thug Rose, she improves fight after fight. Please don't match her up with Joanna though, its too soon.
    Can't deny how talented DJ is, but I just don't get excited by his fights. That's probably because he's so good he's miles better than anyone else in the division, but Reis is now 6-3 with 2 finishes in the UFC and beaten absolutely nobody of note, couldn't really care less about him. Brilliant of DJ to sub him though, you could see he really wanted that

I've always liked Whittaker, but I honestly never expected him to go as far as he has. He's improving all the time and this is a MASSIVE win for him. Rockhold has said he wants to fight him next, and I'd like to see that. 7 wins on the bounce now, with his last 2 especially big wins. I saw Bisping on tTwitter talking **** about Jacare and saying that is why he wasn't given a title shot. He's really starting to irritate me now, but it's working out well for him, sitting back taking fights he shouldn't be as champion and letting all the proper challengers lose.

Rose is so intense Always makes me laugh because she looks about 15 (always have found her and Barry a bit weird too, ha) but she's vicious. Way too early for JJ, but you just know they'll feed her to the champ if she beats Andrade (which I think is a tough one) because there isn't really anybody else in the division now.

Roy Nelson needs to stop. It's just embarrassing now.

As always, I've watched the first episode of TUF, and probably a couple more before giving up. Usual mix of drama and average fighters, but Cody and TJ is good TV. Cody trying to bully, and TJ laughing it off. I'm kinda growing to Cody, but I don't think he scares TJ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    As always, I've watched the first episode of TUF, and probably a couple more before giving up. Usual mix of drama and average fighters, but Cody and TJ is good TV. Cody trying to bully, and TJ laughing it off. I'm kinda growing to Cody, but I don't think he scares TJ at all.
    Cody comes across so brainless. That's what made me think he didn't have the fight IQ to beat Cruz, but he was outstanding in that fight.
    Not a fan of him as a person to be honest and that TUF episode didn't do much to change that. As you said, he is like a bully.

Can't remember the last time I watched a TUF episode. Probably the McGregor season but even then I stopped half way through. I don't care for Cody and I don't care for TJ but I do look forward to their fight. I like TJ's chances in that one.

Can't remember the last time I watched a TUF episode. Probably the McGregor season but even then I stopped half way through. I don't care for Cody and I don't care for TJ but I do look forward to their fight. I like TJ's chances in that one.
    I watch one or two episodes every season, then don't bother again. I like to see the rivalry between the two, and this one is genuine, but the rest of the show is proper **** now. Average fighters nobody cares about getting angry with each other zzzzzz

I watch one or two episodes every season, then don't bother again. I like to see the rivalry between the two, and this one is genuine, but the rest of the show is proper **** now. Average fighters nobody cares about getting angry with each other zzzzzz
    Is it me or is MMA very meh recently. The traffic in this thread alone has decreased big time. I'm tired of hearing about 'money fights', I just want to watch the best face off against the best. I'm tired of people running their mouths, picking and choosing their opponents. Bisping I used to like but I've grown to dislike a great deal. One fight for the belt against Henderson I can sort of accept, but a second straight contender who doesn't deserve to be there makes me angry. I dislike how the sport is being run at the moment, a lot of the excitement and anticipation I used to have for events has gone. TUF has been **** for years and will continue to be **** because its the same thing over and over.

Lobov vs Swanson as a main event is coming up, that should say it all.

Is it me or is MMA very meh recently. The traffic in this thread alone has decreased big time. I'm tired of hearing about 'money fights', I just want to watch the best face off against the best. I'm tired of people running their mouths, picking and choosing their opponents. Bisping I used to like but I've grown to dislike a great deal. One fight for the belt against Henderson I can sort of accept, but a second straight contender who doesn't deserve to be there makes me angry. I dislike how the sport is being run at the moment, a lot of the excitement and anticipation I used to have for events has gone. TUF has been **** for years and will continue to be **** because its the same thing over and over.

Lobov vs Swanson as a main event is coming up, that should say it all.
    Big time, I've been saying for a while I'm losing interest now. It's becoming more and more like a combination of boxing and WWE, for me. The best starting to avoid each other, and everyone has to be 'good on the mic' or they get overlooked. Far too many events, meaning far too many average fighters needed to fill them. Cub and Artem would be lucky to make it on the prelims in the past, now it's a ME. There have been a few really poor cards and MEs recently, I usually don't even bother to watch.

Big time, I've been saying for a while I'm losing interest now. It's becoming more and more like a combination of boxing and WWE, for me. The best starting to avoid each other, and everyone has to be 'good on the mic' or they get overlooked. Far too many events, meaning far too many average fighters needed to fill them. Cub and Artem would be lucky to make it on the prelims in the past, now it's a ME. There have been a few really poor cards and MEs recently, I usually don't even bother to watch.
    I've really dropped off my interest. I'm not even excited to see GSP return. The whole fight vs Bisping is such a gimmick that its really impossible for me to get interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I've really dropped off my interest. I'm not even excited to see GSP return. The whole fight vs Bisping is such a gimmick that its really impossible for me to get interested.
    Yeah, I might get a little more interested closer to the fight but for now, I'm not particularly bothered. There's only a few fighters I'll tune to watch every fight, and I skip most of the rest now.

The UFC has made a major miscalculation. Sure there will be some PPV's that will do great no's but the rest of them are just so sub-par. I think the talent level right now isn't as great as well.

Yeah, I might get a little more interested closer to the fight but for now, I'm not particularly bothered. There's only a few fighters I'll tune to watch every fight, and I skip most of the rest now.
    In this calendar year the only fight I was going to pay to see was Khabib vs Ferg. I do wish somehow it still happens considering that McGregor is going to trying his hand at boxing and create another gimmick fight. Personally WME has been dreadful for the UFC.