Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLYMPICS - Russia accused of systemic doping across the Olympic sports.

1. #1 Default OLYMPICS - Russia accused of systemic doping across the Olympic sports. 
    It will be interesting to see what the IOC will do.

Currently athletes have been given the option to compete under the Olympic flag with all the refugees, if they can prove they are clean. That would likely be only a few who can demonstrate they fell under another testing regime as they were training in US colleges.

However that was just the athletics and this may be a game changer

Individual sports have banned countries e.g. Weightlifting has a few countries on the banned list if they have had a certain number of positives but it will be interesting to see if the IOC will ban all athletes
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Ban them from the Olympics and take the World Cup 2018 off them, should happen but won't.

One of my earliest memories of the Olympics is USSR cheating at Moscow 1980, some things never change.

I'm all for doping in Athletics, they should all be on it. Seeing someone do the 100m in under 4 secs would be a sight to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Ban them from the Olympics and take the World Cup 2018 off them, should happen but won't.

One of my earliest memories of the Olympics is USSR cheating at Moscow 1980, some things never change.
    Yeah, I vaguely remember them opening the stadium gates during the javelin competition when the Russians were going to throw, then closing them again immediately afterwards.
    Neither the world cup or olympics will be taken off them though, there's too much money involved and the IOC and FIFA are nearly as bad as eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    Yeah, I vaguely remember them opening the stadium gates during the javelin competition when the Russians were going to throw, then closing them again immediately afterwards.
    That is exactly what I remember from 1980

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    Neither the world cup or olympics will be taken off them though, there's too much money involved and the IOC and FIFA are nearly as bad as eachother.
    Haha, cheeky gits!
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

I remember watching Athletics quite a bit when I was growing up, and it used to annoy me so much when my Dad used to say 'he's on drugs' or 'she's on drugs' regarding pretty much every athlete he saw. The cynicism was pretty grating!

In the end though, for the most part, he's turned out right. Which is annoying for a number of reasons!

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 28s29 seconds ago
    IOC to initiate re-testing of all Russian athletes from 2014 Sochi Winter Games #SSNHQ

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 28s29 seconds ago
    IOC to initiate re-testing of all Russian athletes from 2014 Sochi Winter Games #SSNHQ
    Its in the blood for two years?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Its in the blood for two years?
    No but they keep samples for ten years so if they go back through those samples they may identity a number of the cheats.

They also have an idea of how the clean results were spoofed for the Sochi games so may be able to identify more by certain markers either in the sample or associated with the sample pot.

The IOC are waiting for the Russian athletes vs. the IAAF as it would make no sense to rule a nation can't compete then 60 athletes win a court case overturning the ruling.

Yep agree. Who gave WC to Russia? Why our old friends Laurel and Hardy aka Blatter and Platini. If anything should give anyone an idea of how the 2018 WC was won its them.

They should ban them completely. The Russians have got away with far too much for far too long. And take the World Cup off them as well. Dirty corrupt cheats.

They won't of course, too lily-livered to upset Putin.

Interesting that you make the point about the World Cup - because I read this in a very good piece about the WADA report from BBC yesterday:

"It was "inconceivable" that Russia's sports minister, Vitaly Mutko, was not aware of the doping cover-up scheme, according to the report.

Mutko has been in position since 2008. He is a member of the executive committee of football's world governing body, Fifa, and chairs the organising committee of the 2018 World Cup, to be held in Russia."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36823453

From suspected positive tests at Sochi Olympics 8 of them won silver and 11 bronze medals. Just there is the "evidence" that about 30 other athletes at the same olympics have been doped to the eyeballs as well.
    How ironic USDA has written the letter for suspension? Country who has been notorious for sending doped athletes at the Olympics and covering positive tests in the past and the Track and Field association that still has likes of Justin Gatlin in their team. The guy who has run 9.82 this season and is going to win at least silver in Rio.
    I am all for the banning of the Russians if that is going to solve any problems but as long as Americans and their cronies are there competing I am ain't bothering watching that "FREAK SHOW". And in freak shows I mean athletes that look like freaks when competing, because that is what steroids and other stuff make you look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuta View Post
    From suspected positive tests at Sochi Olympics 8 of them won silver and 11 bronze medals. Just there is the "evidence" that about 30 other athletes at the same olympics have been doped to the eyeballs as well.
    How ironic USDA has written the letter for suspension? Country who has been notorious for sending doped athletes at the Olympics and covering positive tests in the past and the Track and Field association that still has likes of Justin Gatlin in their team. The guy who has run 9.82 this season and is going to win at least silver in Rio.
    I am all for the banning of the Russians if that is going to solve any problems but as long as Americans and their cronies are there competing I am ain't bothering watching that "FREAK SHOW". And in freak shows I mean athletes that look like freaks when competing, because that is what steroids and other stuff make you look like.
    There are other nations where there are serious concerns e.g. Kenya and Jamaica as their testing regimes are lax.

Also in weightlifting Bulgaria have activated an automatic one year ban in November for achieving a threshold of their competitors testing positive. There are also six nations that have their number of potential competitors reduced. Although Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus face bans.

The other three are Moldova, Azerbaijan and North Korea.

I understand what you mean about the American competitors but I believe that they are associated with rogue coaching teams and not something more systemic. Although before the LA games they decided to test the majority of the potential athletes and apparently during an amnesty period tested how quick the drugs stay in the system.

They'll do anything to bring down Russia. It's only Russia that has the balls to stand up to the Americans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    There are other nations where there are serious concerns e.g. Kenya and Jamaica as their testing regimes are lax.

Also in weightlifting Bulgaria have activated an automatic one year ban in November for achieving a threshold of their competitors testing positive. There are also six nations that have their number of potential competitors reduced. Although Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus face bans.

The other three are Moldova, Azerbaijan and North Korea.

I understand what you mean about the American competitors but I believe that they are associated with rogue coaching teams and not something more systemic. Although before the LA games they decided to test the majority of the potential athletes and apparently during an amnesty period tested how quick the drugs stay in the system.
    And 79 of them tested positive and despite that its was swept under the carpet and were allowed to compete at LA Olympics. One of them even won 4 gold medals. The problem is that US and other athletes are ahead of the testers by 7-8 years on average, point being Florent Griffith Joiner and Marion Jones and somehow they never test positive or die at the age of 41. Where is punishment and fair play? Except in the fact that she is *********** dead in case of one of them.
    Where was the punishment for Spain when their court ordered suprasion of names of the all athletes involved in the DR. Ferrari case gfew years back?Where was Wada than or it's officials were also involved in that labratory?

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Ban them, because it means more golds for GB

Court of arbitration has upheld IAAF ban on Russian athletes. This puts ball in IOC court and they have to make decision whether to ban or not their entire team in the next few days.

Ban the cheating *******s.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    They've bottled it.
    The I.O.C. have bottled it :FP:

No "Blanket Ban" for Russia in the Rio Olympics is their decision

They absolutely should be banned right across the board !
    " The Dude Abides "

US and its cronies can sack on it!!! Good to see that they have kept politics out of it.
    Right decision has been made. You can't ban whole team if not all of them are being doped. It's left up to induvidual sports fegeratins.
    Swimming, gymnastic and one another federation have already declared their disapproval of blanket ban. Why would you ban their volleyball team if some athletes had been cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stim View Post
    They've bottled it.

Pathetic, but not surprising.

And yet UEFA banned all English teams from competing in Europe after Heysel. You can bet if it was English athletes we'd have been out altogether.

They've bottled it.

Have you seen the doping report from the last Olympics?.
    Many many different countries involved.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    They've bottled it.

I'm so shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I'm so shocked.
    Its nothing to be shocked about.
    The tests of the prior Olympics shows that is a wide spread problem.
    Much bigger them just russia.
    So now russia will be closely looked at, as the other countries involved

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Its nothing to be shocked about.
    The tests of the prior Olympics shows that is a wide spread problem.
    Much bigger them just russia.
    So now russia will be closely looked at, as the other countries involved
    Correct, Wada is light years behind the dopers and labratories around the world and they are able to catch only those that use "old fashioned drugs". They need finances to implement one system for everyone and to be up to date. How possible is that?

Correct, Wada is light years behind the dopers and labratories around the world and they are able to catch only those that use "old fashioned drugs". They need finances to implement one system for everyone and to be up to date. How possible is that?
    Legalise the crap as long as the user openly admit what they are on.
    Or test everyone on monthly basis
    Last edited by Anubis; 24-7-16 at 16:37.

They've bottled it.

I said they'd do exactly that to my other half yesterday.
    Totally predictable that they'd pass the buck to the individual federations.

And 79 of them tested positive and despite that its was swept under the carpet and were allowed to compete at LA Olympics. One of them even won 4 gold medals. The problem is that US and other athletes are ahead of the testers by 7-8 years on average, point being Florent Griffith Joiner and Marion Jones and somehow they never test positive or die at the age of 41. Where is punishment and fair play? Except in the fact that she is *********** dead in case of one of them.
    Where was the punishment for Spain when their court ordered suprasion of names of the all athletes involved in the DR. Ferrari case gfew years back?Where was Wada than or it's officials were also involved in that labratory?
    I dont think anybody has got anywhere near to her sprint records despite the fact they were set 30 years ago (Marion Jones was as near as anyone and we all know how she did it).
    That and the fact that she also suddenly retired when at her peak makes her records extremely suspect.