Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal to finally miss out on Top 4

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I wouldn't write them off, but Champions? Oo-er.
    But why not? Like I said only Leicester finished above them last season, they've added a top quality midfielder in Xhaka and Chelsea, City and Utd all have new managers.

I'd say Arsenal have a cracking chance of lifting the title next season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

3rd for me

There is more chance of them failing to qualify for the top four than winning the league in my opinion, people saying they finished second last season, lets not forget that all of the top teams in the country were either terrible or terribly inconsistent last season, it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    But why not? Like I said only Leicester finished above them last season, they've added a top quality midfielder in Xhaka and Chelsea, City and Utd all have new managers.

I'd say Arsenal have a cracking chance of lifting the title next season.
    say they get new CB and FC

a lot back up players are poor

Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    There is more chance of them failing to qualify for the top four than winning the league in my opinion, people saying they finished second last season, lets not forget that all of the top teams in the country were either terrible or terribly inconsistent last season, it won't happen again.
    Considering they've qualified for CL 19 years on the bounce and counting I wouldn't say that statement is true at all.

Funny thread really, arsenal have been improving and will probably continue to do so, im betting they will finish above both manc clubs for a start, to say they are about to drop out of the top four sounds pretty backwards to me.
    Its based on nothing apart from how much money they spend, I dont listen to sky sports fanboys.

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Considering they've qualified for CL 19 years on the bounce and counting I wouldn't say that statement is true at all.
    All good things must come to an end, as they say.

Not saying they will miss out this season, but they can't keep finishing top 4 forever, its got to end at some point.

I said before Arsenal have had easy ride in the top 3 then top 4,

they had no competition, this year there lot competition lets see how deal with it

It depends what they do and on what other teams do between here and the end of the window.

But, I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Arsenal are a good well rehearsed 'team' they will be there or thereabouts.

come November time when got injuries as usual, they poor squad players let them down, struggle in the League and Domestic cups but try put ever thing into the Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    I said before Arsenal have had easy ride in the top 3 then top 4,

they had no competition, this year there lot competition lets see how deal with it
    If Arsenal had an easy ride then that means the entire league must have had an easy ride? This makes no sense at all.

If Arsenal had an easy ride then that means the entire league must have had an easy ride? This makes no sense at all.
    right 25+ years of premier league- Liverpool F.C. have had more patches been out of top 4, Man U dominate the league but have now drop a few levels, leaving Arsenal clear run for top places,

it only had of last 10 years or so Chelsea put in fight for top places and later City

right 25+ years of premier league- Liverpool F.C. have had more patches been out of top 4, Man U dominate the league but have now drop a few levels, leaving Arsenal clear run for top places,

it only had of last 10 years or so Chelsea put in fight for top places and later City
    You just aren't making any sense.

You just aren't making any sense.
    the top 3 place in premier league for past 15+ years has been 1) Man U 2) Arsenal - 3 place has been made up with Liverpool and few other clubs

the top place in premier league for past 10+ years has been 1) Chelsea , 2) Man U 3) Arsenal 4) has be fight out with Liverpool /City and few other clubs

Arsenal easy ride in premier league for past 25+ years

the top 3 place in premier league for past 15+ years has been 1) Man U 2) Arsenal - 3 place has been made up with Liverpool and few other clubs

the top place in premier league for past 10+ years has been 1) Chelsea , 2) Man U 3) Arsenal 4) has be fight out with Liverpool /City and few other clubs

Arsenal easy ride in premier league for past 25+ years
    So if Arsenal got an easy ride then surely so did every other club?

Yeah they have, but that doesn't make my statement any less true. Arsenal are a top side, no doubt about it, but they are still lacking top quality in key areas and still don't seem willing or capable to really go out there and do what needs to be done to in the transfer market to really push them up to the next level. All good things come to an end, it happened to us, it happened to United and even Chelsea last season...

It's a matter of when not if for Arsenal, sure they may finish in the top four again this season, and then the same conversation will take place next year, I don't really care about Arsenal at all, in fact, they are one of my most hated clubs, but I feel like it needs to get worse for them before it will get better.

So if Arsenal got an easy ride then surely so did every other club?
    what other clubs- like I keep say it only been Man U and Arsenal in 15 years fight out top 2 , us few other clubs have been fight top 3

then past 10+ years it been Chelsea , Man U, Arsenal , Liverpool /City and few other clubs fight out for 4th

I'm no Arsenal lover, in truth I loathe them for reasons that I shall keep to myself, however, I don't think they have had an "easy ride". If anything what they have achieved is miraculous given the limited resources they have had compared to other clubs. 19 continuous years in the CL might not be what some consider "success", however, we've seen how difficult that is to do ourselves.

The Football landscape has changed and continues to do so.

I put my hand up say I am wrong about have 25+ years Arsenal have had an easy ride

TheSoundLady is offline Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by The.KLOPP.End View Post
    Here it is again, the thread i start every year, and every year they manage make me look stupid, and credit to them! All good things must come to an end though, and with Chelski and ourselves not playing european football this season, I believe this is the season Arsenal drop out of the top 4!

Lets talk about Arsenal........anybody agree?
    This is the year. You're going to strike gold. Unless several other big teams have woeful seasons like last year - Arsenal will miss the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    This is the year. You're going to strike gold. Unless several other big teams have woeful seasons like last year - Arsenal will miss the top 4.
    I agree Sound Lady. Its coming to an end, and if Arsene does not buy a striker in this window its going to be his downfall.

Granted this is a pre season friendly, but Arsenal seriously need to strengthen the squad. Not doing so will be costly

watch Arsenal vs City,

slow centre backs, look valuable with cross, look like same problem hate teams with pace and directness, no striker ,

Got to have the annual Arsenal will miss out on top 4 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ84 View Post
    Got to have the annual Arsenal will miss out on top 4 thread.
    well we are miss Tottenham annual they going win some thing or a very poor team, miss Newcastle

its hard to say this year very competitive league, but i think they'll finish top 4 above spurs and leicester

where manu, lfc, mac c, chelsea will finish i have know clue

Did laugh at Thierry Henry - on Vardy - he said he was surprised Vardy turned down Arsenal , This is Arsenal, not Leicester, no one from Leicester turns down Arsenal when they come calling

Sorry Henry - Vardy did

TheSoundLady is offline Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by The.KLOPP.End View Post
    I agree Sound Lady. Its coming to an end, and if Arsene does not buy a striker in this window its going to be his downfall.
    And even if he does it'll have to be a damn good one.

But I may be wrong. My thoughts now are that one of the big three (Chelsea, United, City) will fail. Possibly more than one. Which means we could get in the top 4 but so could one of Arsenal and Spurs. I would assume Spurs would be the ones because they are on the up.

But I could be wrong. Arsenal could surprise me. Consistency can be key sometimes and maybe they have consistently had these players and manager for long enough that they know how to do what is needed to get in.

I'll still pick Liverpool, Chelsea, United, City for the top 4, but with the caveat that I think one of the latter three will shock everyone and be poor and miss it, and that Spurs will get in. But I have no idea which one will fail. I don't think it'll be Chelsea. I think it'll be one of the Manchester clubs.

I think Spurs will be the ones to sneak in ahead of one of the Manchester clubs but then again I realize Spurs are distracted by the Champions League so maybe I will be wrong. So then maybe Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by don0124lfc View Post
    its hard to say this year very competitive league, but i think they'll finish top 4 above spurs and leicester

where manu, lfc, mac c, chelsea will finish i have know clue
    I keep saying this how I see the 4 places, Chelsea & City have got 2 places to me then about 7 clubs fight last 2 places