Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal to finally miss out on Top 4

1. #1 Default Arsenal to finally miss out on Top 4 
    Here it is again, the thread i start every year, and every year they manage make me look stupid, and credit to them! All good things must come to an end though, and with Chelski and ourselves not playing european football this season, I believe this is the season Arsenal drop out of the top 4!

Lets talk about Arsenal........anybody agree?
    Last edited by KLOPPTIMISTIC; 2-8-16 at 11:06.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by The.KLOPP.End View Post
    Here is is again, the thread i start every year, and every year they manage make me look stupid, and credit to them! All good things must come to an end though, and with Chelski and ourselves not playing european football this season, I believe this is the season Arsenal drop out of the top 4!

This has been the saying for the past 10 years or so but they seem to never drop out of it no matter what. Arsenal are sort of flat-track bullies; they aren't so good against the bigger teams (although Wenger has finally learned to keep things tight at times) but they easily smash smaller teams to pieces. As long as they can do that consistently, they aren't dropping out anytime soon.

If Arsenal can get the couple of players they need, they are a very good chance to win the title.

Here is is again, the thread i start every year, and every year they manage make me look stupid, and credit to them! All good things must come to an end though, and with Chelski and ourselves not playing european football this season, I believe this is the season Arsenal drop out of the top 4!

IF you know you look stupid why do it - in the end who cares - There will always be a Wenger or an Arsenal to test us

all that matters is what we do, in future can we look back on the season with pride or failure - we have 38 league games and two cup competitions... Did we give it our all....

Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    If Arsenal can get the couple of players they need, they are a very good chance to win the title.
    Agree

I agree that they seem to avoid losing to the teams above them but lack that extra bit of quality (or maybe because Wenger hasn't adapted his tactics but instead just lamented the financial influence on the likes of City and Chelsea). Unlike most teams as well they still manage to keep it together despite long term injuries every season to the likes of Welbeck, Walcott, Wilshere and Rosicky.
    Their midfield has a bit more solidity to it now that they have Xhaka, Coquelin and Elneny to balance the creativity of Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla. Although I like Giroud and think he's often harshly criticised (despite his impressive scoring record), they could do with another top striker, they could maybe freshen up the defence as Mertesacker and Koscielny are into their thirties and not the quickest.

Arsenal have stood still for past 10+ years, have been luck as collapse of Man U / Liverpool over that period, so have had no real competition to fight for top 4

still have not find any one has good as Touré, Campbell, Cole, Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry.

I feel Arsenal are going have big fight on there hands as Liverpool/ Tottenham closed the gap on them, Chelsea are ready rumble,

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Arsenal have stood still for past 10+ years, have been luck as collapse of Man U / Liverpool over that period, so have had no real competition to fight for top 4

still have not find any one has good as Touré, Campbell, Cole, Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry.

I feel Arsenal are going have big fight on there hands as Liverpool/ Tottenham closed the gap on them, Chelsea are ready rumble,
    I know, it terrible that they qualify for CL every year. hehehe

I know, it terrible that they qualify for CL every year. hehehe
    you look at from 2004 to around 2009 Man U start waiver look like a team ready to collapse, Liverpool was consistent team but had off problems, Chelsea where untouchable at the time, there was no other competition for Arsenal for top 4,

then from 2010 to 2016 Liverpool drop dead,

Man U around 2012 was beginning of end for club

so like I said Arsenal have stood still for past 10+ years, have been luck

This.

what 2 new centre-back and at lest one top striker and try keep the squad players

Much more likely is that Tottenham and Leicester will fall out of last season's Top 4.

Which means the likes of Chelsea, United and Liverpool can take those two spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    IF you know you look stupid why do it - in the end who cares - There will always be a Wenger or an Arsenal to test us

all that matters is what we do, in future can we look back on the season with pride or failure - we have 38 league games and two cup competitions... Did we give it our all....
    I start the thread because Arsenal always do things the hard way. There is always ups and downs with them all through the season.

If arsenal get a top striker in it think they'll win the league

Quote Originally Posted by thepool23 View Post
    If arsenal get a top striker in it think they'll win the league
    This.

They are a striker, and maybe some kind of aggressive midfielder/defender away from being incredibly solid.

Sad but true.

They are now where I long for us to be ... able to buy 1-2 SERIOUSLY good players every summer ... pure quality, no quantity ...

The competition is stronger this coming season, what with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United all improving. Plus Leicester won it and Spurs came close.

But... Arsenal have the know-how, they are flat-track bullies, they have a settled team/squad and an experienced manager.

Spurs and Leicester will struggle to juggle Europe with the PL, Pep will struggle to cope with the intense PL calendar and we will benefit from no Europe. I still think Arsenal should get Top 4.

Arsenal are two fullbacks a centre half and a striker short of becoming champions. I reckon from next season Liverpool will be able to have a quality over quantity policy.

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    The competition is stronger this coming season, what with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United all improving. Plus Leicester won it and Spurs came close.

But... Arsenal have the know-how, they are flat-track bullies, they have a settled team/squad and an experienced manager.

Spurs and Leicester will struggle to juggle Europe with the PL, Pep will struggle to cope with the intense PL calendar and we will benefit from no Europe. I still think Arsenal should get Top 4.
    It's currently in the balance for me. If they get Mahrez then a combination of Sanchez-Ozil-Mahrez will almost guarantee them top 4 status. If they actually signed a striker as well then they could push for the title with their strike force alone...but currently their usual flaws are still apparent. CB and ST issues, and too many players who are average at best and not winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Arsenal are two fullbacks a centre half and a striker short of becoming champions. I reckon from next season Liverpool will be able to have a quality over quantity policy.
    I'd have there full backs before ours

Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    It's currently in the balance for me. If they get Mahrez then a combination of Sanchez-Ozil-Mahrez will almost guarantee them top 4 status. If they actually signed a striker as well then they could push for the title with their strike force alone...but currently their usual flaws are still apparent. CB and ST issues, and too many players who are average at best and not winners.
    Yep, spot on.

If I was an Arsenal fan, i'd want to put in a bid for Lucas Leiva.

But then i suppose if i was an Arsenal fan, i'd probably think Lucas was rubbish.

arsenal always start well and are usually either top or close by then dip towards the end of the season, by january they are typically a good shot for the title

Wenger's always capable of pulling the rabbit out of the bag. Dont write him off ")

Quote Originally Posted by LFCsince80s View Post
    Wenger's always capable of pulling the rabbit out of the bag. Dont write him off ")
    The reason i think why arsenal always in top 4 wenger has built a team that can achieve 75 points average. This new season the majocrrity of arsenal squad has this 75 point average experience. One of the reason every new season pundits always tips arsenal for the title because they hope/predict the new arsenal signing can add 10 more points but till now their new signing dont deliver the extra point yet.

Arsenal will stiĺl finish around 75 point it is up to Us/utd/chelsea and city to surpass that. I dont think leceister and spurs will accumulate beyond 70 points

Not an Arsenal fan but let's see who is happiest after the
    first game of the season...... Just saying. PS: Please let it be us.
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    They're good for fullbacks I think, Bellerin and Monreal are very reliable and they've definitely had worse cover than Chambers and Gibbs. If they could sign a defender and a striker they might even have a chance against Barcelona when their inevitable Champions League tie comes around

Every single season he is doubted and every single season he makes quite a few on here look right mugs.

A top manager that has been hampered by a new stadium and is now mentally stuck at just being good enough to stay in the top 4. However the fact that he keeps getting in shows just how good he is. They will be there again this season too.

This.

I remember a similar thread on here when they sold RVP to United, and we all know how that worked out.
    Im staying on the fence for this one.
    Last edited by rederman; 1-8-16 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstandya View Post
    Every single season he is doubted and every single season he makes quite a few on here look right mugs.

A top manager that has been hampered by a new stadium and is now mentally stuck at just being good enough to stay in the top 4. However the fact that he keeps getting in shows just how good he is. They will be there again this season too.
    This. They'll finish top 4 and their fans will be screaming for his head because they aren't winning the league, just like always. Or they finally catch a few lucky breaks and win the thing (although that's unlikely with their history of gagging on the run in)...