Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 512

Thread: The Premier League Title, Top 4 and Relegation chances 2016-17

  1. #31  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Updated...





    PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 4

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 90
    Man.Utd 77
    Chelsea 67
    Liverpool 54
    Arsenal 52
    Tottenham 40
    Leicester 6
    Everton 6
    West Ham 3
    Southampton 2




    So Liverpool are now more likely to finish top 4 than not. Slightly.


    .
    have to say i really like where those bottom four are after the recent love in about them
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    have to say i really like where those bottom four are after the recent love in about them
    Yeah I think this year it's all about the big 6 - I can't see any surprise package challenging for the top 4. Those 6 will probably finish about 15 points clear of the rest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Yeah I think this year it's all about the big 6 - I can't see any surprise package challenging for the top 4. Those 6 will probably finish about 15 points clear of the rest.
    guess so, none of the teams are in major wobble mode so don't expect any to drop like previous seasons. think that comes next year if wenger leaves.. still not sure if moanio will end up getting sacked or not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Updated...




    PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 52
    Liverpool 12.5
    Man.Utd 12
    Chelsea 9
    Arsenal 7
    Tottenham 4.5
    Everton 1.5
    Leicester 1



    Liverpool are now 2nd favourites for the title!

    .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Alpha Papa is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,212
    What's the top 4 chances?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Updated...




    PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 54.5
    Liverpool 14
    Chelsea 9.5
    Man.Utd 7
    Arsenal 7
    Tottenham 5
    Everton 1.5
    Leicester 1



    And now we're clear 2nd favourites...

    .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    What's the top 4 chances?
    Here we go...






    PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 4

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 94
    Liverpool 64
    Chelsea 60
    Man.Utd 58
    Arsenal 56
    Tottenham 42
    Everton 15
    Leicester 7
    Southampton 2
    West Ham 1




    Nearly 1-2 to finish in the top 4 now...


    .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Updated...




    PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 54.5
    Liverpool 14
    Chelsea 9.5
    Man.Utd 7
    Arsenal 7
    Tottenham 5
    Everton 1.5
    Leicester 1



    And now we're clear 2nd favourites...

    .
    Do you agree with those odds ?

    Arsenal worry me , probably because we're their main rivals in leagues positions for the 2nd time in 6 or 7 years .
    Spurs too.

    I'll still bite off any hand clutching a guaranteed top 4 spot .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Do you agree with those odds ?

    Arsenal worry me , probably because we're their main rivals in leagues positions for the 2nd time in 6 or 7 years .
    Spurs too.

    I'll still bite off any hand clutching a guaranteed top 4 spot .
    I'm not sure I'd have Liverpool quite so far ahead of the rest - some of that will be weight of money though.

    But there's no doubt about it, along with City we're looking like possible title contenders, based on a very limited number of performances and results.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd have Liverpool quite so far ahead of the rest - some of that will be weight of money though.

    But there's no doubt about it, along with City we're looking like possible title contenders, based on a very limited number of performances and results.
    The key thing so far is the games we've gotten big results from.

    People will say five games isn't enough to get excited about, and whilst that's true, we've already beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away, Leicester at home, and drew with Spurs away.

    A good indication will be the next two league games. I think if we win them we'll get top 4. Momentum is a big thing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    The key thing so far is the games we've gotten big results from.

    People will say five games isn't enough to get excited about, and whilst that's true, we've already beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away, Leicester at home, and drew with Spurs away.

    A good indication will be the next two league games. I think if we win them we'll get top 4. Momentum is a big thing.
    Yeah exactly, it's been a trait of ours for a while to get ourselves up for the big games. Let's see how we do against the lesser teams now. If we can blow them away too, then I think we might just be looking at another title race...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    The key thing so far is the games we've gotten big results from.

    People will say five games isn't enough to get excited about, and whilst that's true, we've already beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away, Leicester at home, and drew with Spurs away.

    A good indication will be the next two league games. I think if we win them we'll get top 4. Momentum is a big thing.
    honestly i think the games coming up are quite favorable to have us sitting near the top come xmas. there will likely be blips, but nothing to go overboard about methinks

    . in 13/14 we only got 18 points in total against the other big clubs. [home and away] so far we have already picked up 10 and i wouldn't put it past us to get something from both city / united and the return fixtures.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    honestly i think the games coming up are quite favorable to have us sitting near the top come xmas. there will likely be blips, but nothing to go overboard about methinks

    . in 13/14 we only got 18 points in total against the other big clubs. [home and away] so far we have already picked up 10 and i wouldn't put it past us to get something from both city / united and the return fixtures.
    We've picked up 7 points against the big clubs so far.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG16 View Post
    We've picked up 7 points against the big clubs so far.
    im including leicester in there as they are champions. and we are on 10 points are we not?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    KanyeWest is offline Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,902
    we're going for the title this year bitches!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    we're going for the title this year bitches!!
    lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    im including leicester in there as they are champions. and we are on 10 points are we not?
    We are on 10 points, but to include Leicester (regardless of whether they are champions) skews the comparison to 13/14.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64,463
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG16 View Post
    We are on 10 points, but to include Leicester (regardless of whether they are champions) skews the comparison to 13/14.
    ok, make it 7 seven then, still better than 13/14 as this time around it was all away. worth considering though that there was not a team like leicester around then or we might have dropped even more points.. would have like a better result against spuds, but can't have everything.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Updated...




    PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE

    TEAM
    CHANCE (%)
    Man.City 54.5
    Liverpool 14
    Chelsea 9.5
    Man.Utd 7
    Arsenal 7
    Tottenham 5
    Everton 1.5
    Leicester 1



    And now we're clear 2nd favourites...

    .
    Awesome! I think Leicester's chances are too low though. They're defending champions and are one of the few teams in the league who know what's required to string a run of 6 or 7 victories together. I think they might sneak into the Top 6.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    46,390
    Darrren where is your predicted points over the next 5/10 games thread? I miss those.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,053
    It seems the bookies are getting over excited.......

    Liverpool now second-favourites behind Manchester City for title Ladbrokes News


    We are 6th in the nascent league table!!!!
    Next year will be my year
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG16 View Post
    We've picked up 7 points against the big clubs so far.
    Its a bit like those adverts about substances that kill 99.9% of bacteria.....It was always going to be the 0.01% of naughty bugs that was gonna kill to you!

    PS...I genuinely think we have as good a chance as anyone else this year.
    Next year will be my year
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,365
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    It seems the bookies are getting over excited.......

    Liverpool now second-favourites behind Manchester City for title Ladbrokes News


    We are 6th in the nascent league table!!!!
    Bookies don't just randomly pluck their figures from thin air you know mate?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    It seems the bookies are getting over excited.......

    Liverpool now second-favourites behind Manchester City for title Ladbrokes News


    We are 6th in the nascent league table!!!!
    In the words of Jurgen Klopp - ARE YOU CRAZY?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Bookies don't just randomly pluck their figures from thin air you know mate?
    No they don't but it does seem a tad early... If I were a bookie I would wait till at least Christmas before i changed odds up
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,058
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Bookies don't just randomly pluck their figures from thin air you know mate?
    But they do get things wrong constantly and aren't a compass of good sense either

    Its to get you betting init, 'bettin' with good ole Ray ****** Winstone,'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No they don't but it does seem a tad early... If I were a bookie I would wait till at least Christmas before i changed odds up

    Bookies don't work that way either... Ask Darrren1


    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Bookies don't just randomly pluck their figures from thin air you know mate?
    It may not be due to actual probability, but weight of money thrown on a certain bet can influence the odds.. Self preservation from the bookies ... Again ask Darrren1
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Q8reds View Post
    Bookies don't work that way either... Ask Darrren1
    Is Darren a bookie?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    953
    Really, what is the point of this speculation this early in the season? For all the fantastic football we played Friday one flash of good fortune for Chelsea and we could have finished with just one point. At the moment the team across the park are lying second and are now steered by a top rate manager and have more money to spend. Don't dismiss Leicester out of hand yet, Watford are coming on strong and if you think Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester United are going to curl up and die you live in cookoo land.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,469
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    we're going for the title this year bitches!!
    Kim?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •