Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the game on tv topic. 2016/2017 season.

We must be getting close to a record number of televised games by the end of the season, seems to be 8 or 9 out of every 10 games is on one of the UK stations.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I'm a bit cheesed off actually. Just forked out for a Sky Sports boost on my TalkTalk contract only to find that of the next seven games only two are on Sky and four are on BT Sport!

As I have given up booze for January it seemed like economic sense as at just 16 a month rolling contract I was saving on what I would normally spend at my local watching Liverpool and also keep me from the temptation of alcohol.

I've looked into adding BT Sport, but it's too expensive, so I will have to go back to the pub and try and keep to Coke!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I'm a bit cheesed off actually. Just forked out for a Sky Sports boost on my TalkTalk contract only to find that of the next seven games only two are on Sky and four are on BT Sport!

As I have given up booze for January it seemed like economic sense as at just 16 a month rolling contract I was saving on what I would normally spend at my local watching Liverpool and also keep me from the temptation of alcohol.

I've looked into adding BT Sport, but it's too expensive, so I will have to go back to the pub and try and keep to Coke!
    might aswell drink if your doing that aswell

Swansea game on tele today ?

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    The March games were all announced as being live a while ago.

Although the Burnley game will almost certainly be moved yet again, as they're very likely to be in the FA Cup Q/F.

Also, the West Brom game is a 4pm Kick off.

The Liverpool v Arsenal game is on at 5.30pm, not 12.30.

Anyone have any idea when the game against Southampton is moved for television?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by tHOMIEs View Post

thx
    Would also love to know this. Need to book my train tickets up there. Anyone have any idea when the schedule for this round will be released? The week before has been scheduled already. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by tHOMIEs View Post

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by luca21eiva View Post
    Would also love to know this. Need to book my train tickets up there. Anyone have any idea when the schedule for this round will be released? The week before has been scheduled already. Thx.
    It's been announced today.

The game has moved to Sunday May 7th at 1.30pm - live on Sky.

what games are on tele on sunday?
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    what games are on tele on sunday?
    All of them are televised, but not sure if any shown live, so as to build the excitement? Can't remember, but I bet our match is not shown, which will make me a bag of nerves, as per usual when I can't watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    All of them are televised, but not sure if any shown live, so as to build the excitement? Can't remember, but I bet our match is not shown, which will make me a bag of nerves, as per usual when I can't watch them.
    They always show the games of interest on the last day, we will be on tv as will Arsenal and most probably city.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    I'm pretty sure our game will be live on Sunday.

Sky have nothing else to build up except the race for the Top 4

im sure we will be shown alsong with arsenal and city! any idea when it's announced?
    Eagle Face Moron

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    im sure we will be shown alsong with arsenal and city! any idea when it's announced?
    The sooner the better i would think.

They might leave it until after City and Arsenal play tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    I'm pretty sure our game will be live on Sunday.

Sky have nothing else to build up except the race for the Top 4
    That would be excellent. I tried to get a hospitality ticket today but all that's left is a (very expensive) shared box behind glass (yuk!)

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    The sooner the better i would think.

They might leave it until after City and Arsenal play tomorrow night.
    Yeah they won't announce it until after tomorrow night's games.

For example, Arsenal might lose - in which case there's no point in showing their game.

They're also bound to show Chelsea v Sunderland, as they always show the champions and the trophy lift.

Then it would probably be 2 of the other 3 games - maybe leaving the City game out, as top 4 would be pretty much done for them.

So I predict the Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal games will be shown.

Sky have announced our game and the watford v city match will be shown live. Yippee! Still be a bag of nerves but at least it will be better than following the sky updates.
    Last edited by KOPGIRL1971; 17-5-17 at 10:55. Reason: got my teams mixed up, doh!

In January I decided to pay for the Sky Sports Boost on my TalkTalk TV package, only to find that out of the next 12 Liverpool games, 7 were on BT sport, one was not being shown and only 4 were on Sky! As on TalkTalk you can add or subtract these boosts on a monthly basis (pro rata), I decided to cancel this boost after the West Ham game as there were no more games being televised. Two days later Sky have decided to show the game against Middlesbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    In January I decided to pay for the Sky Sports Boost on my TalkTalk TV package, only to find that out of the next 12 Liverpool games, 7 were on BT sport, one was not being shown and only 4 were on Sky! As on TalkTalk you can add or subtract these boosts on a monthly basis (pro rata), I decided to cancel this boost after the West Ham game as there were no more games being televised. Two days later Sky have decided to show the game against Middlesbrough.
    Royal albert hall you've mad a royal mess of this
    Eagle Face Moron

Anyone know if I can watch the Sydney game for free anywhere?

Sky Sports will show live coverage of the Premier League Asia Trophy this summer, with Liverpool among the sides competing in Hong Kong.

Jurgen Klopp's team will battle with Crystal Palace, Leicester and West Brom in a knockout tournament between 19-22 July, with a final to determine the winner.

It is the eighth edition of the tournament, last won by Arsenal in Singapore in 2015.

Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore said: "We are very excited to be returning to Hong Kong this summer for the Premier League Asia Trophy. We know from previous visits that fans in Hong Kong, and across the region, are passionate supporters of our clubs.

In Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion we have a group of excellent clubs, players and managers who will give local fans a fantastic Premier League experience."

The Premier League Asia Trophy is part of the Premier League's "commitment to supporting the development of football at all levels in Hong Kong and across the region".

A full programme of community and football development initiatives, including a Premier Skills referee development training course, an elite level referee management symposium and community coaching workshops, run in partnership with the Hong Kong Football Association, will be held alongside the tournament.

Ticketing information for fans will be announced in early June with details of Sky's live coverage to be confirmed in due course.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...lace-west-brom

WBA, Leicester and Palace? Not very inspiring really is it. I'd have thought we could do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPower7 View Post
    WBA, Leicester and Palace? Not very inspiring really is it. I'd have thought we could do better than this.
    Nah but it's better competition than facing Sydney FC or a Malaysian 11 etc.

KeepTheFightForJustice is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPower7 View Post
    Well we lost to two of them this season. So if anything it's perfect prep...