Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: A 'Like' button.

1. #1 Question A 'Like' button. 
    Hi guys has their been any discussions about adding a Facebook style 'Like' button to the forum.

The rating system from a few years ago was open to far too much abuse, but I just wonder if a simple 'like' button would be useful?

It's just crossed my mind as there are a number of replies to my posts that don't require a reply back but it would be nice to be able to acknowledge that I've read them?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Negged.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    No thanks.
    Spot on - oh a button for my mates to play with - another backslappers committee idea I bet

I'd get rid of the over zealous modding let alone adding a Like button.

Let chaos bring order.

Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    I'd get rid of the over zealous modding let alone adding a Like button.

Let chaos bring order.
    Disagree with that - you need rules and parameters - human nature tells you that some are gonna push their luck.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Disagree with that - you need rules and parameters - human nature tells you that some are gonna push their luck.....
    I know. Reserve it for those that do would be nice.

But at the moment you can't mildly insult anyone, over admonish, or take the proverbial. Normal fare in sporting banter. It's a school playground. There's a limit to how much the dinner ladies should intervene in the general rough and tumble.

I think the real issue may be the work load on mods and the modern day litigious pre-dispositions . Blanketing of possible flamers is easier than putting out fires. So no real blame or finger pointing here.
    Just a mild wish.

But at the moment you can't mildly insult anyone, over admonish, or take the proverbial. Normal fare in sporting banter. It's a school playground. There's a limit to how much the dinner ladies should intervene in the general rough and tumble.

I think the real issue may be the work load on mods and the modern day litigious pre-dispositions . Blanketing of possible flamers is easier than putting out fires. So no real blame or finger pointing here.
    Just a mild wish.
    What about a thread where we can all tell each other what we think of everyone mod free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    What about a thread where we can all tell each other what we think of everyone mod free.
    Enter at your own peril!

A place to take of the tin-foil hat in my case.

Just a mild wish.
    Also coz its written - stuff gets lost in translation - if the person was in front of you, you could tell from the facial expressions and the tone if it was funny -

Also coz its written - stuff gets lost in translation - if the person was in front of you, you could tell from the facial expressions and the tone if it was funny -
    Definitely that. Plus honest but 'out of character' statements. That's the best reason for using emoticons. Not grown up writing I know. But useful sometimes.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Hi guys has their been any discussions about adding a Facebook style 'Like' button to the forum.

The rating system from a few years ago was open to far too much abuse, but I just wonder if a simple 'like' button would be useful?

It's just crossed my mind as there are a number of replies to my posts that don't require a reply back but it would be nice to be able to acknowledge that I've read them?
    We have requested this before, it might be very popular way of showing quick approval without the wars that came with having Rep, but the software won't do it, I'm afraid.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Spot on - oh a button for my mates to play with - another backslappers committee idea I bet
    It's a naff idea, just encourage our very own "yes men" to come in and say what's popular and have everyone shaking hands as if all is hunky dory.

All rating system type ideas for forums are a waste of time and not a good idea, people come on here to express opinions does it really matter if they are popular or not?!? I read what people say, not whether what was said was popular. Quality of post is usually recognised, doesn't need to come with a seal of approval to make it so.

Oh and one forum I go on has the "like" facility, I take little or no notice and really don't care about popularity contests. There's far too many idiots on most forums, I think what most miss on forums is neg, neg and more neg and that was totallyc rap as you had to "share it around" so even if someone made several good posts in quick succession you couldn't recognise that so flawed even in its own idiotic self
    Last edited by TheDarknessIsCalling; 26-8-16 at 17:35.
    People will believe what they want to believe