Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 881

Thread: Simon Mignolet Discussion Thread

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,859
    To be fair, I believe Mignolet has let in the last five shots against him, without making a single save.

    We'd be just as well off playing Ings in goal.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    51,226
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    To be fair, I believe Mignolet has let in the last five shots against him, without making a single save.

    We'd be just as well off playing Ings in goal.
    He's Schrödinger's keeper. He's simultaneously a great shot stopper and he never saves anything.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    Manninger wouldn't have done any different imo, tbf Migs has a shocking save to goal ratio he is very unreliable no doubt but alot of that has been due to defender errors. Im surprised Clyne didn't get more slack for his pass for burnleys 1st.
    Clyne was 100% at fault for the first but they still had work to do after they recieved the ball.

    Mingolet last season had the worst save to shot on target ratio in the whole league. He is statistically the worst shot stopper in the league, this season he has picked up were he left off. Im pretty certain Manninger would have a better ratio than SM this season up to now. 7 shots on target from Arsenal and Burnley and 5 conceded, thats just madness.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19,214
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Clyne was 100% at fault for the first but they still had work to do after they recieved the ball.

    Mingolet last season had the worst save to shot on target ratio in the whole league. He is statistically the worst shot stopper in the league, this season he has picked up were he left off. Im pretty certain Manninger would have a better ratio than SM this season up to now. 7 shots on target from Arsenal and Burnley and 5 conceded, thats just madness.
    As bad as migs is there is nothing he could have done to save any of those goals, infact it should have been 6 goals but he saved a pen. The problem for all 5 of those goals has been that our midfield and defenders have been once again doing nothing to stop the situation. Migs is a bad keeper but the core in fron of him atm should be playing for sunderland not lfc.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,297
    I'm not a football statistics person, but the statistics speak for themselves.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    I'm not a football statistics person, but the statistics speak for themselves.
    The guy can't kick a ball; he can't command a box; he can't distribute a ball. We don't need stats to conclude that he's a poor GK. I can't imagine any back 4 being confident in front of Mignolet.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    As bad as migs is there is nothing he could have done to save any of those goals, infact it should have been 6 goals but he saved a pen. The problem for all 5 of those goals has been that our midfield and defenders have been once again doing nothing to stop the situation. Migs is a bad keeper but the core in fron of him atm should be playing for sunderland not lfc.
    Im not having that, a keepers job is to save shots at goal, he doesn't save shots at goal. We may as well have had no one in goal if every shot on target is going to go in. Top keepers make great saves, he could have done better for at least three of those 5 goals.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    To be fair, I believe Mignolet has let in the last five shots against him, without making a single save.

    We'd be just as well off playing Ings in goal.
    He conceded 12 goals from 19 shots at one stage last season. Could have got a better return out of a wheelie bin between the sticks.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,406
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    As bad as migs is there is nothing he could have done to save any of those goals, infact it should have been 6 goals but he saved a pen. The problem for all 5 of those goals has been that our midfield and defenders have been once again doing nothing to stop the situation. Migs is a bad keeper but the core in fron of him atm should be playing for sunderland not lfc.
    A goal keeper having nothing to do with conceding a goal that's just madness.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,396
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Bring back David James
    David James is a world class keeper in comparison to mignolet.

    So far this season - in 2 games 5 shots on target against us - 5 goals.

    In total 45 goals conceded in 31 PL games since JK arrived.

    It really doesnt matter who is in goal Mignolet, me, you, anyone, it couldnt get much worse
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 28-8-16 at 06:58. Reason: Inappropriate Language, your continued use of this nickname for Mignolet has seen your infraction points trigger a ban.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,396
    I said at the time he was signed that he was in no way equal to Pepe (who at the time was the second best keeper in the PL behind Hart)., that it was a wage reducing exercise.

    I was shouted down by the experts on here who told me how good mogolet was and how much of an improvement he would be on Pepe!!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    A goal keeper having nothing to do with conceding a goal that's just madness.
    What did migs do wrong in any of the goals we have conceeded so far this season?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19,214
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Im not having that, a keepers job is to save shots at goal, he doesn't save shots at goal. We may as well have had no one in goal if every shot on target is going to go in. Top keepers make great saves, he could have done better for at least three of those 5 goals.
    Well what could migs have done to prevent any of those goals so far this season?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    Well what could migs have done to prevent any of those goals so far this season?
    Saved them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,859
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    Well what could migs have done to prevent any of those goals so far this season?
    Saved them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,770
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    32,312
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Not sure that's Mig's fault.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Not sure that's Mig's fault.
    The ball went over his knee ffs, he got beat at his near post... again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    32,312
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    The ball went over his knee ffs, he got beat at his near post... again.
    Was there not a deflection?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,406
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    What did migs do wrong in any of the goals we have conceeded so far this season?
    Umm not save them,is it asking too much
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19,214
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Saved them.
    How, did they shrink the goals this season to make every shot with in reach even when the defenders give opposition players the time they need to aim it wide of him?

    People are getting ridiculous, there was no chance of migs getting to them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19,214
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    You can't be serious mate, it deflected off lovren
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,136
    He's an atrocious goalkeeper and I can't wait for Karius to be fit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    119,918
    He was making 1.27 saves per goal conceded last season, which was by far lowest by any keeper in Europe's top 7 leagues.

    And then he plummeted to 0.40 saves per goal this season.

    He is inexplicably bad. He's bad to a point where it would make no difference if we just didn't have a goalkeeper in goal.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,829
    Seriously?

    He is not the main problem in us again conceding not just goals, but clear open opertunities almost every time a team attacks us, we are going to concede goals no matter who we have as a keeper until we sort out our porous midfield and defence.
    I'm not a Mignolet fan either but a lot of posts are just based on blind hate or others just trying to again prove they are right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    279
    Ray is right. From mignonlet (who spreads panic) to the rest of the back 4 we are just atrocious defensively. There's no two ways about it, we've already conceded 5 goals this season, 5!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,973
    Quote Originally Posted by 77scouser View Post
    Seriously?

    He is not the main problem in us again conceding not just goals, but clear open opertunities almost every time a team attacks us, we are going to concede goals no matter who we have as a keeper until we sort out our porous midfield and defence.
    I'm not a Mignolet fan either but a lot of posts are just based on blind hate or others just trying to again prove they are right.
    Lot's of small problems that equate into one big problem, I agree he is not totally responsible, just responsible
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjm94 View Post
    Ray is right. From mignonlet (who spreads panic) to the rest of the back 4 we are just atrocious defensively. There's no two ways about it, we've already conceded 5 goals this season, 5!
    Joint worst so far, with 2 goals conce3ded against a team backed to be relegated, and 3 against a weakened Arsenal team. Hopefully, things will improve. They better.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    51,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    He was making 1.27 saves per goal conceded last season, which was by far lowest by any keeper in Europe's top 7 leagues.

    And then he plummeted to 0.40 saves per goal this season.

    He is inexplicably bad. He's bad to a point where it would make no difference if we just didn't have a goalkeeper in goal.
    And I refuse to believe that none of the five goals we've conceded in the last two league matches were saveable.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    119,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    And I refuse to believe that none of the five goals we've conceded in the last two league matches were saveable.
    Whatever they were, he sure is unlucky, that most of the shots towards him are deemed unsaveable.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •