Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2562

Thread: Daniel Sturridge Discussion Thread

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    They're the same level in the air, Firmino's heading ability is one of the most underrated things about him. He's scored more headers this season (subjective due to minutes played) and has (objectively) won a higher percentage of his aerial duels.

He's not a "far" better finisher. He undoubtedly used to be, but not anymore. Again they're probably currently on the same level there. Both have had some shocking misses in their last few games (Firmino Chelsea, Sturridge Southampton)

And he does have more pace but it doesn't count for much if he's too scared to use it
    Its a game of opinions, I think Sturridge's positioning and movement in and around the box is one of his best attributes, give him half a yard and he's clinical. But not playing against a team with 11 men camped in their box.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

[QUOTE=Emaxx2;12398237]
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    He's better in the air, he's a far better finisher (best in the league bar Zlatan imo) and has more pace.[/QUOTE]

In what world is Sturridge better than Firmino in the air?

Costa
    Kane
    Aguero

Say hello
    Hello

[QUOTE=BearWithMe;12398250]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post

Hello
    They also want you to know you're delusional if you think Zlatan is the only better finisher than Sturridge

[QUOTE=Emaxx2;12398257]

They also want you to know you're delusional if you think Zlatan is the only better finisher than Sturridge
    Better finisher than Kane and Costa, Aguero debatable. In my opinion.

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    [QUOTE=BearWithMe;12398263]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post

Not any more.

Matip say's Coutinho & Sturridge are the most talented players in the squad. He's still got it.

***I'm doin' the D. Studge dance***

RedInferno74 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Studgey-D View Post
    Matip say's Coutinho & Sturridge are the most talented players in the squad. He's still got it.

***I'm doin' the D. Studge dance***
    There's no denying Daniel's talent. Sadly he's had the worst luck the last 2 and a half seasons though, and no run of games to get out his best, and lately when he's played the whole team has been crap. He's still one of the best finishers we've had post-Fowler at this club, and right now we can't make it work in relation to the rest of the team. Very sad.
    An in form Sturridge is lethal and one of Europe's better strikers. Regretfully it's been a while since we've seen what he can really do.

Imagine if Firmino had his finishing instinct, quick thinking and inventiveness in the box (that's the only criticism I have of Firmino, often he just doesn't fire shots away quick enough). That would be one world class player.

Anybody still wish he started today? Could've really done with his pressing

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 10m10 minutes ago

Daniel Sturridge has flown home to the UK early from #LFC training camp due to a virus.

Costa has the best chance conversion rate in the league over the past 3 seasons!

Sturridge rushes home from unique training camp opportunity pivotal to the business end of the season.......with a runny nose

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Sturridge rushes home from unique training camp opportunity pivotal to the business end of the season.......with a runny nose
    Don't be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    Don't be stupid.
    Uhhh, sod off

Even if he was reliable, he doesn't fit the system so he's an impact sub at best. The fact he's unavailable 40% of the time (in a good season) means he's just not worth his salary, or the cú20m+ we could probably still get for him.

He only really even gets on the pitch when we're desperate for a late goal, and he hasn't delivered in that respect either.

Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    Even if he was reliable, he doesn't fit the system so he's an impact sub at best. The fact he's unavailable 40% of the time (in a good season) means he's just not worth his salary, or the cú20m+ we could probably still get for him.

He only really even gets on the pitch when we're desperate for a late goal, and he hasn't delivered in that respect either.
    It's such a shame, his talent is obvious, fantastic ability but its of no use if he can't use it and as you say is rarely available.

I don't know, this training camp is a set up for the last big push, both physically and mentally and again he's not present.

In isolation it would be ok but as we know, with his injuries and lack of form this season, it really doesn't bode well for him and you'd think he'd be fighting for his future here....or its just more genuine bad luck, but either way it amounts to the same....the player is not present yet again and continues to sit on the periphery

Uhhh, sod off
    It wouldn't have been so bad if it was funny, but it wasn't. Just another pop at him.

I know his days are numbered, and things like this don't help his case, but he must be quite bad to be sent home.

KeepTheFightForJustice is online now Academy prospect
    We overreacting because there's a bug going round and he happens to have it?

It wouldn't have been so bad if it was funny, but it wasn't. Just another pop at him.

I know his days are numbered, and things like this don't help his case, but he must be quite bad to be sent home.
    It was a nothing joke on a forum, it's not a deal breaker for his future, nothing to sweat over...unless you have a virus too in which case I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    We overreacting because there's a bug going round and he happens to have it?

Who is over reacting?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    It's a virus.

Do we really want an ill player remaining at a training camp infecting everyone else?

The medical team will have sent him home as soon as he was diagnosed...and quite right too.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

To be fair, if Sturridge has a virus, it's better that he's not around the rest of our squad.

It's a shame though.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It's a virus.

Do we really want an ill player remaining at a training camp infecting everyone else?

The medical team will have sent him home as soon as he was diagnosed...and quite right too.
    In isolation yes of course but its just another nail in his coffin in terms of playing here isn't it with what has gone before

Like I said above, whatever the score with his injuries and this virus, its always at the worst poss time in terms of making his way back into this team.

He'll be gone in the summer no doubt

Jaysus, make a tiny pointless joke about a runny nose and its taken literally

In isolation yes of course but its just another nail in his coffin in terms of playing here isn't it with what has gone before

Like I said above, whatever the score with his injuries and this virus, its always at the worst poss time in terms of making his way back into this team.

He'll be gone in the summer no doubt

Jaysus, make a tiny pointless joke about a runny nose and its taken literally

I thought it was a bit mean, but if no malice intended, fair dos. We all know Sturridge will be the one that got away, so much talent, so little potential fulfilled. It's very sad.

What I can't understand is why Klopp and his team bothered to rehabilitate him for months towards the end of last season, only to not use him this season. Seems a waste of time and effort. He's had a few issues this season, but nowhere near as bad as he was. Some other team will benefit, no doubt.

I thought it was a bit mean, but if no malice intended, fair dos. We all know Sturridge will be the one that got away, so much talent, so little potential fulfilled. It's very sad.

What I can't understand is why Klopp and his team bothered to rehabilitate him for months towards the end of last season, only to not use him this season. Seems a waste of time and effort. He's had a few issues this season, but nowhere near as bad as he was. Some other team will benefit, no doubt.
    Fair do's KG, there was no malice in it, just a bit of tongue in cheek

I think the bigger issue is this season specifically, he did get a run of games during a key period over Xmas and New Year, and in the absence of Mane and Coutinho he just didn't step up and really struggled to the point of, and I hate to agree with Carra on this, it was like playing with ten men.

He was rehabilitated but then its his responsibility to the make the most of the opportunities he has, and with his ability, make himself a sure fire starter, but sadly the opposite happened.

I think perhaps if he'd netted a couple against Southampton in that EFL Cup semi tie at Anfield we could be looking a slightly different story, but he missed his big chances and such are the fine lines in football.

Top player on his day no doubt but I also don't think he suits Klopp's methods and we need more from our striker in this set up than perhaps Sturridge can provide

Fair do's KG, there was no malice in it, just a bit of tongue in cheek

I think the bigger issue is this season specifically, he did get a run of games during a key period over Xmas and New Year, and in the absence of Mane and Coutinho he just didn't step up and really struggled to the point of, and I hate to agree with Carra on this, it was like playing with ten men.

He was rehabilitated but then its his responsibility to the make the most of the opportunities he has, and with his ability, make himself a sure fire starter, but sadly the opposite happened.

I think perhaps if he'd netted a couple against Southampton in that EFL Cup semi tie at Anfield we could be looking a slightly different story, but he missed his big chances and such are the fine lines in football.

Top player on his day no doubt but I also don't think he suits Klopp's methods and we need more from our striker in this set up than perhaps Sturridge can provide

If you read above I was advocating that he should play up front for us until the rest of the season until he breaks. But you are right, it always seems to happen at weird times with Daniel, his Christmas fixture stats are shockingly bad across all clubs, is it really coincidence!

DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    It is a real shame with what has happened to Sturridge and it shows exactly why professional athletes can never take their careers for granted. In a blink it could change, and those 2 years of injuries stopped him becoming elite imo. He had the potential to be the best 9 in europe but just didn't happen.

None of us can prevent injuries or illnesses all together, but one would think that with proper training and care, Sturridge would be able to go longer without injury or illness. He is one of the most talented strikers in the Premier League, but what worth is it to a team to have him unable to play so often. I personally like him and would not want him to leave LFC. However, it seems inevitable that he will go in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 10m10 minutes ago

Daniel Sturridge has flown home to the UK early from #LFC training camp due to a virus.
    How pathetic!! This guy can't even go on a mini vaca in warm weather without a problem Why haven't we sold him yet?!

KeepTheFightForJustice is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    How pathetic!! This guy can't even go on a mini vaca in warm weather without a problem Why haven't we sold him yet?!
    He was ill before they flew out, hoped to recover in time to participate.

There's a bug going round the UK, sadly professional footballers aren't exempt from that.