Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 2,611 to 2,631 of 2631

Thread: Daniel Sturridge Discussion Thread

  1. #2611  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    For me when he's fit, he starts.

    I don't buy into this thing that strikers need to be tracking back 30 yards to win tackles all game

    I want strikers who are dangerous and a threat. And that's what Sturridge is.
    Well, I agree in principal but then when youre playing a 3-3 he's not going to feature.

    Now, again personally, I'd prefer us to play with a proper striker and Firmino playing off him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2612  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    I have no problem with Carra... He is doing what he is now paid to do, be a pundit... Shocking isn't it... He is not in the business off coddling anyone and doesn't... Some of you think he should speak of unicorns and rainbows when it comes to LFC players... That's not how it works... Hope he continues to say it like it is... Sturridge can whine all he wants, but Carra was just doing his job... Sturridge could learn a thing or two from Carra...
    I have no problem with Carragher saying it as it is either but there must be boundaries. Sturidge is entitled to say it as it is too and ask Carra as to why he's advocating for him to move on. The problem that I see, and I see it for Carragher himself as a pundit, is that if he is going to run and publicise every conversation he has with other footballers, then he's going to become a lonely man. Being 'paid to do it' doesn't justify it as there are such things as respect, trust and integrity. That doesn't mean that he cannot become a good pundit but thats a matter of knowledge and not story telling.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2613  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    721
    Carragher chattin poo again. Great player for us no doubt but since reading his book and since he joined sky I'm not too fond of him atall.

    Massively full of himself and very rarely gives any of his ex team mates praise, especially the foreign ones.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2614  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,831
    The thing I find encouraging is;
    a) Sturridge clearly wants to stay.
    b) Sturridge clearly hasn't been told the club want to move him on.

    When asked if Sturridge will be here next season, Klopp said, 'of course'. That however, may change if the club receive an offer big enough for Daniel.
    But until that happens, I'm glad Sturridge wants to fight for his place. When Sturridge is match fit he is easily one of the best players in the squad. Even when not fully match fit he is an asset from the bench. My hope is, if and when Sturridge is selected to start, it is in a system that suits him rather than shoehorning him into a system that doesn't play into his strengths. I don't see why we have to be so wedded to the 4-3-3. Sure, use it most games but mix it up, if for no other reason than to make us less predictable.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2615  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    The thing I find encouraging is;
    a) Sturridge clearly wants to stay.
    b) Sturridge clearly hasn't been told the club want to move him on.

    When asked if Sturridge will be here next season, Klopp said, 'of course'. That however, may change if the club receive an offer big enough for Daniel.
    But until that happens, I'm glad Sturridge wants to fight for his place. When Sturridge is match fit he is easily one of the best players in the squad. Even when not fully match fit he is an asset from the bench. My hope is, if and when Sturridge is selected to start, it is in a system that suits him rather than shoehorning him into a system that doesn't play into his strengths. I don't see why we have to be so wedded to the 4-3-3. Sure, use it most games but mix it up, if for no other reason than to make us less predictable.
    I agree, when fit I think that he is our best player and the one who can make things happen from nothing.
    I think Klopp may have learned from last season that it is imperative that he can change system to beat certain teams. 4-3-3 is great with a high press and high tempo once everyone is at. The 4-4-2 he played for last two games should not be discarded and for me and with some notable additions(full backs, VVD, Ke´ta or equal & Sturidge or equal) a 4-2-3-1 would make us a well balanced, offensive and defensively strong side also.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2616  
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Carragher chattin poo again. Great player for us no doubt but since reading his book and since he joined sky I'm not too fond of him atall.

    Massively full of himself and very rarely gives any of his ex team mates praise, especially the foreign ones.
    :FP:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2617  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    23,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    For me when he's fit, he starts.

    I don't buy into this thing that strikers need to be tracking back 30 yards to win tackles all game

    I want strikers who are dangerous and a threat. And that's what Sturridge is.
    It is nothing to do with his tracking it is all to do with the fact his legs are gone so he cant run the channels and find the space he once could. In the box he is still sharp but so is defoe, problem is defoe has many more years on him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2618  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Carragher chattin poo again. Great player for us no doubt but since reading his book and since he joined sky I'm not too fond of him atall.

    Massively full of himself and very rarely gives any of his ex team mates praise, especially the foreign ones.
    carraghers harsh people need to deal with that, ex players are always tougher on their old clubs
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2619  
    spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,831
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    It is nothing to do with his tracking it is all to do with the fact his legs are gone so he cant run the channels and find the space he once could. In the box he is still sharp but so is defoe, problem is defoe has many more years on him.
    It's everything to do with the press. Sturridge cuts off passing lanes he doesn't close the player. In a 4-3-3 this exposes him. The thing is there is no golden rule that has we HAVE to use 4-3-3, especially against sides that refuse to do anyhing other than defend. Give Sturridge a strike partner and tell him to play on the shoulder on the last defender. Give him touches in the box and he WILL score goals. Too much emphasis is given to pressing and counter pressing, it's a non issue if the opposition have no interest in the ball.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2620  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    carraghers harsh people need to deal with that, ex players are always tougher on their old clubs
    I really dont think that Carra being Harsh is the issue here. What he said about Sturidge on Sky is Carra being a pundit - I think that should be accepted by all irrespective of our own beliefs though Sturidge is entitled to question it as the comments refer to him.
    What many see as not being acceptable is that while representing LFC and not SKY he chose to carry a tale back to studio. Where is the trust in all this? Who would want to divulge anything to Carragher now knowing that discretion or off the record means nothing to him?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2621  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    carraghers harsh people need to deal with that, ex players are always tougher on their old clubs
    Stevie, who's still giving his services to our club after all these years doesn't stick the knife in so why does Carragher feel the need to?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2622  
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Stevie, who's still giving his services to our club after all these years doesn't stick the knife in so why does Carragher feel the need to?
    Massive chip on his shoulder because Stevie was always 1st choice for England and Carra only made the squad when everybody else was injured. Eventually Carra threw his teddy out and said he wouldn't be available for England ever again. Good club player when he kicked the habit of scoring own goals. Bit of loyalty to the club would be nice after we nursed him through two broken legs and let him play a season longer than we should have.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2623  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Stevie, who's still giving his services to our club after all these years doesn't stick the knife in so why does Carragher feel the need to?
    Because Carragher isn't employed by the club.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2624  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,000
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyal View Post
    Massive chip on his shoulder because Stevie was always 1st choice for England and Carra only made the squad when everybody else was injured. Eventually Carra threw his teddy out and said he wouldn't be available for England ever again. Good club player when he kicked the habit of scoring own goals. Bit of loyalty to the club would be nice after we nursed him through two broken legs and let him play a season longer than we should have.
    This is a horrendous post.

    Carragher is plenty loyal to the club as well, however his job as a TV pundit requires him to give opinions.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2625  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Stevie, who's still giving his services to our club after all these years doesn't stick the knife in so why does Carragher feel the need to?
    Are you serious or just ignoring the obvious answer?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyal View Post
    Massive chip on his shoulder because Stevie was always 1st choice for England and Carra only made the squad when everybody else was injured. Eventually Carra threw his teddy out and said he wouldn't be available for England ever again. Good club player when he kicked the habit of scoring own goals. Bit of loyalty to the club would be nice after we nursed him through two broken legs and let him play a season longer than we should have.
    Lol.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2626  
    robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,068
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyal View Post
    Massive chip on his shoulder because Stevie was always 1st choice for England and Carra only made the squad when everybody else was injured. Eventually Carra threw his teddy out and said he wouldn't be available for England ever again. Good club player when he kicked the habit of scoring own goals. Bit of loyalty to the club would be nice after we nursed him through two broken legs and let him play a season longer than we should have.
    Dear god. Are you a Manc?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2627  
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    Dear god. Are you a Manc?
    No. I just hope Carra doesn't turn into a Lawro and bad mouth the club after every game. Anyway, my opinion on thread, for what it's worth, is that we should keep Sturridge 'cos he can be brilliant when he is allowed to be.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2628  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,418
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    Dear god. Are you a Manc?
    Carra is the one always defending his Manc buddy these days
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2629  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    721
    [QUOTE=TheKnucklesOfAgger;12584875]Are you serious or just ignoring the obvious answer?

    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Because Carragher isn't employed by the club.
    Don't remember Gerrard slagging us off when he was at Galaxy?? Stevie is and always has been a level above him on and off the pitch, in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2630  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Carragher chattin poo again. Great player for us no doubt but since reading his book and since he joined sky I'm not too fond of him atall.

    Massively full of himself and very rarely gives any of his ex team mates praise, especially the foreign ones.
    Poo?

    What nonsense.

    His book is a right cracker. Thoroughly enjoyable.

    You seem oversensitive.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2631  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankly-Mr-Shankly;12585515

    Poo?

    What nonsense.

    His book is a right cracker. Thoroughly enjoyable.

    You seem oversensitive.
    It's a great book, much better than Gerrard's, I grew up idolizing Carra, I know for a fact he does great things around the city and he gave his blood and tears to this club for years. I've got massive respect for him.

    No need to go and rat behind Daniel's back though and have a go at us at any opportunity. I know the guys dramatizing things, as he has to in his job but sometimes I think he does it for the sake of it!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •