Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    Not playing in the 4th pre-season game is probably the death knell for Sanchez's career in Denver. He had all the chance in the world to be the starter, and lost out to a 7th-round nobody. He's lucky that teams will always need QBs in the league, or he'd be out of a job.
    I believe Lynch was that poor that people don't think he is ready for just for a back up role. The other common complaint was Colquitt leaving
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    I believe Lynch was that poor that people don't think he is ready for just for a back up role. The other common complaint was Colquitt leaving
    Facebook comments are the worst place to get the info! It looks like Lynch was solid on the night: 13/22 with 2TDs, though he did have an interception returned for a TD. The fact that Sanchez got 0 time last night is not the best sign, especially when the draft pick comp is based on him making the roster.

Complaining about releasing a punter is the sign of a good team: you don't have many other things to complain about.

Facebook comments are the worst place to get the info! It looks like Lynch was solid on the night: 13/22 with 2TDs, though he did have an interception returned for a TD. The fact that Sanchez got 0 time last night is not the best sign, especially when the draft pick comp is based on him making the roster.

Complaining about releasing a punter is the sign of a good team: you don't have many other things to complain about.
    Yeah very good comments there mate.

What's your thoughts on upcoming season

Yeah very good comments there mate.

What's your thoughts on upcoming season
    AFC
    Broncos are still the team to beat, despite the QB situation, simply because the skill position players are good enough and the defense is elite. It will keep them in games, all the offense has to do is not turn the ball over. The Patriots have a tough situation with the Brady suspension, could see them at 2-2 before he comes back, but they'll still be fine.

Steelers offense is incredible, enough to put them deep in the playoffs. Chiefs are a balanced team, but will be held back by the conservatism of Alex Smith and Andy Reid's well-documented foibles. AFC South is a total toss up, no team is balanced with the Colts having a good offense and rough defense and the Texans being the opposite. A lot of people are dark-horsing the Jags, but eeehhhh it's dangerous. The Titans will be awful and no one will care. AFC North is probably going to get a wildcard spot with the Steelers and Bengals and (maybe? Can't be nearly as terrible as last year) Ravens. Chargers scream 6-10, at best, but Keenan Allen is worth tuning in for. Raiders have a fun young team that's going to be in the playoffs sooner rather than later. I'd love it if RGIII and Josh Gordon were the redemption story of the year.

NFC
    Cardinals, Panthers, Packers, and Seahawks remain the elite teams. Really like my Packers again this year, and we're kind of built up to be all-in with our offensive line hitting free agency next year. NFC East is an absolute dumpster fire, so who knows? Not sure Kirk Cousins is viable, but tagging him was the smart move. The Giants and the Cowboys have holes, and woof on the Eagles. The NFC South is Panthers territory, the Saints have problems and the Falcons are the most bland team in the league (JULIO THOUGH). **** Jeff Fisher, can't wait til he gets fired. 49ers are going to be an adventure, Bears offense will be awful per usual, Bucs will improve but wild card talk is hasty.

AFC
    Broncos are still the team to beat, despite the QB situation, simply because the skill position players are good enough and the defense is elite. It will keep them in games, all the offense has to do is not turn the ball over. The Patriots have a tough situation with the Brady suspension, could see them at 2-2 before he comes back, but they'll still be fine.

Steelers offense is incredible, enough to put them deep in the playoffs. Chiefs are a balanced team, but will be held back by the conservatism of Alex Smith and Andy Reid's well-documented foibles. AFC South is a total toss up, no team is balanced with the Colts having a good offense and rough defense and the Texans being the opposite. A lot of people are dark-horsing the Jags, but eeehhhh it's dangerous. The Titans will be awful and no one will care. AFC North is probably going to get a wildcard spot with the Steelers and Bengals and (maybe? Can't be nearly as terrible as last year) Ravens. Chargers scream 6-10, at best, but Keenan Allen is worth tuning in for. Raiders have a fun young team that's going to be in the playoffs sooner rather than later. I'd love it if RGIII and Josh Gordon were the redemption story of the year.

NFC
    Cardinals, Panthers, Packers, and Seahawks remain the elite teams. Really like my Packers again this year, and we're kind of built up to be all-in with our offensive line hitting free agency next year. NFC East is an absolute dumpster fire, so who knows? Not sure Kirk Cousins is viable, but tagging him was the smart move. The Giants and the Cowboys have holes, and woof on the Eagles. The NFC South is Panthers territory, the Saints have problems and the Falcons are the most bland team in the league (JULIO THOUGH). **** Jeff Fisher, can't wait til he gets fired. 49ers are going to be an adventure, Bears offense will be awful per usual, Bucs will improve but wild card talk is hasty.
    Decent write-up. I think you're underestimating Texans offense though. They'll win AFC South again and I actually see them as Superbowl dark horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip Matip In View Post
    Decent write-up. I think you're underestimating Texans offense though. They'll win AFC South again and I actually see them as Superbowl dark horses.
    I just don't have enough of a sample size for Brock Osweiler, though he does have a mediocre INT%. They're incredibly talented in the skill positions, so if he's your classic "game manager" then they could make some waves.

KanyeWest is online now Boot Room insider
    really interested in seeing how Kelvin Benjamin does for Carolina after his injury

and i think aaron rodgers will have a big season this time

Broncos add a 3rd quaterback in veteran Austin Davis

This is obviously to not put the world on the shoulders of Lynch

I just don't have enough of a sample size for Brock Osweiler, though he does have a mediocre INT%. They're incredibly talented in the skill positions, so if he's your classic "game manager" then they could make some waves.
    BoB at the helm, I really do think he can be that guy. Pre-season signs are mostly promising.

One thing I'd say is they can't possibly be as bad as last year (where they reached the playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Firepickle View Post
    BoB at the helm, I really do think he can be that guy. Pre-season signs are mostly promising.

One thing I'd say is they can't possibly be as bad as last year (where they reached the playoffs).
    Helps when the division is just awful! Anything is an upgrade over Brian Hoyer, though.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    Goodell will assimilate all,resistance is futile
    " The Dude Abides "

Big game week 1

New England Patriots at Arizona Cardinals (Week 1)

Inter-conference games tend not to generate the same kind of hype rivalry games do, but when the Patriots and Cardinals square off in Week 1 of the regular season, there will be more than enough to make things interesting.

Both the Patriots and Cardinals lost in their respective conference title games a season ago, and both will be looking to start hot in 2016 as they aspire to return to their winning ways. Those expectations are staples of both Bill Belichick and Bruce Arians who are, arguably, two of the best coaches in football today.

But even beyond the battle between coaches, the Patriots and Cardinals sport two of the most talented rosters in the NFL. However, there will be one glaring absence that puts this game in the map.

Tom Brady will be suspended after dropping his Deflategate appeal, meaning Jimmy Garoppolo will make his first professional start. On the road. In Arizona. Against a very talented, very aggressive Cardinals defense.

You get a rookie quarterback, its always exciting when you get a guy like that for his first game because hes going to be nervous, Cardinals defensive tackle Campbell told CBS Sports Radio in July. Hes probably going to be sitting there holding the ball a little longer or trying to get rid of it quick, throwing bad balls.

As a vet, we definitely pride ourselves on welcoming [quarterbacks] the right way.

anyone here watch college football aswell? Jalen Hurts.... the new QB for Alabama looks like some sort of prospect, very impressed... albeit USC were absolutely garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Firepickle View Post
    Can't see them being good enough for a Super Bowl appearance. Patriots, Steelers and Denver all better.

Sky sports

6pm Packers v Jaguars
    9pm Giants v Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    anyone here watch college football aswell? Jalen Hurts.... the new QB for Alabama looks like some sort of prospect, very impressed... albeit USC were absolutely garbage
    Was a fantastic weekend for it - the ND/Texas game was awesome, the Houston/OU game was great, can't say the same for LSU/Wisco. That was like watching two teenagers learn to drive a stick-shift.

One day away from Week 1, with the Super Bowl rematch starting it all off.
    Last edited by BostonFans; 7-9-16 at 21:20.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze31 View Post
    Sky sports

6pm Packers v Jaguars
    9pm Giants v Cowboys
    Well my panic is over

Newton startin off much of the same

Denvers defence wide open in the middle and not much offence. Gonna take a few weeks before we see things settle

17-14 Carolina.

Since Seiman rushed them yards he's grown in confidence

17 - 21 CJ Anderson is the man to turn to

20-21. 4mins left.

Massive for the young QB. Cant just give to Anderson on first 2 downs

Fails straight away then punt 40 yards - awful

Defence come alive Davis and Miller make 2 sacks

Harris gifts a 1st down with pers foul. going to the death

seconds left, Carolina with a 50 yard field goal to win

He missed it,

Denver called time out on his first kick and he screwed the 2nd attempt

Denver win when at half time where 10 pts down

Siemien missed a few easy throws but was nice to see him run from the pocket

Great game to start season off -

Even though it was just me talkin to myself

Even though it was just me talkin to myself

was a decent enough game, they really wasted that 3rd timeout. Thought Denver got a bit lucky when they got Newton at the end with their helmets and the refs reviewed it

was a decent enough game, they really wasted that 3rd timeout. Thought Denver got a bit lucky when they got Newton at the end with their helmets and the refs reviewed it
    Soon as Harris made the foul on 3rd for 21 i think i thought oh no.

Yeah but as he didnt make the line of scrimmage that was that.

Amazing game and good job im off work this week. No sleep yet lol

Should have been in the concussion protocol, and I've never seen intentional grounding called on a roughing the passer either.

That must be the biggest flag in the world at Jacksonville - 9/11 remembered