Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Season

That guy talking to Kraft looks the most american person I've seen tonight.

He looks like he could slap a foreign accent right out of your mouth.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Wasnt Kraft gonna buy us

He was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Wasnt Kraft gonna buy us
    Yea but I dont think it was ever a serious offer. They met with Moores though but he didnt think it would make money due to the new stadium build. Plus he didnt like the wage set up here. They wanted a wage cap.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    What a comeback, probably the 2nd best in any sport, ever.

Shame falcons didn't win, was rooting for them as knobs like this guy put me off the pats

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/828434980116295680

Quote Originally Posted by baddabing View Post
    Shame falcons didn't win, was rooting for them as knobs like this guy put me off the pats

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/828434980116295680
    Twitter truly never stops astounding with the depth of stupidity that it puts on display.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Yea but I dont think it was ever a serious offer. They met with Moores though but he didnt think it would make money due to the new stadium build. Plus he didnt like the wage set up here. They wanted a wage cap.
    The Patriots are magicians with their wage/salary cap. It's pretty amazing how they can piece a team together like they do.

The Patriots have made it to the last six AFC championships and with this win have two Superbowls in that time.. So, they deserve it, I think. That 90 yard drive by Brady to tie the game at the end was incredible. The Falcons really should have run the ball at the end and gone for a long range field goal before Ryan got sacked..

Quote Originally Posted by kenyanstar View Post
    The Patriots have made it to the last six AFC championships and with this win have two Superbowls in that time.. So, they deserve it, I think. That 90 yard drive by Brady to tie the game at the end was incredible. The Falcons really should have run the ball at the end and gone for a long range field goal before Ryan got sacked..
    It looked about over with the amazing Julio Jones catch. Then the aforementioned sack and holding call took them out of FG range. The Falcons defense was out there most of the game, and were probably spent/knackered towards the end (notably in OT).

Still amazing comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    25 point deficit in the Super Bowl. You couldn't make this up. Unbelievable. No one else but Brady could have done this imho.

It's virtually unanimous. He's the greatest QB ever.

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Have to tip your hat to Tom Brady - fantastic performance, fantastic achievement.

Greatest ever QB is still Montana for me.

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    To lose a game when you're 25 points ahead in the 4th quarter has to be one of the biggest bottle jobs ever though. Shocking stuff from the Falcons.

HISTORY MADE IN HOUSTON

If Super Bowl LI doesn’t go down as the greatest Super Bowl of all-time, it will at least be remembered as the most historic.
    The New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons combined to put on an amazing spectacle – that simply destroyed the record books.

-Most Super Bowls by one franchise (9, Patriots)
    -Largest deficit to overcome (25 points, Patriots)
    -Most first downs in a single Super Bowl combined (54)
    -Most first down by a single team (37, Patriots)
    -Most first downs passing (26, Patriots)
    -Most first downs passing combined (39)
    -Most passing yards combined (682)
    -Most Offensive plays in Super Bowl (93, Patriots)
    -Most passes in a single Super Bowl (63, Patriots)
    -Most completions in single Super Bowl (43, Patriots)
    -Most passing yards in single Super Bowl (442, Patriots)
    -Most points in single Super Bowl (20, James White)
    -Most receptions in single Super Bowl (14, James White)
    -Most Super Bowls, Head Coach (7, Bill Belichick)
    -Most Super Bowls won, Head Coach (5, Bill Belichick)
    -Most Super Bowls played (7, Tom Brady)
    -Most Super Bowl passes, career (309, Tom Brady)
    -Most passes in a single Super Bowl (62, Tom Brady)
    -Most career Super Bowl completions (207, Tom Brady)
    -Most completions in a single Super Bowl (43, Tom Brady)
    -Most career Super Bowl passing yards (2,071, Tom Brady)
    -Most passing yards in single Super Bowl (466, Tom Brady)
    -Most career Super Bowl TD passes (15, Tom Brady)

Records were also equalled at Super Bowl LI

-Most games won by a player (5, Tom Brady)
    -Most touchdowns in a single game (3, James White)
    -Most two-point conversions in single Super Bowl (1, James White)
    -Most sacks in single Super Bowl (3, Grady Jarrett)
    -Most two-point conversions in single Super Bowl combined (2)
    -Most first downs by penalty in a single Super Bowl by one team (4, Patriots)

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Michael Jordan has now only one peer.
    Yup.

Before yesterday he was already the greatest ever IMO, but last night pretty much sealed it for the few people who clung to other names.

What makes him so special is the players he does it with. He isn't surrounded by superstar receivers or RB's, like for instance the Falcons offence. He does it with players picked up from free agency who were deemed not good enough by their previous teams.

The man's a legend.

What was atlanta's coach thinking?, first 2 quarters their running back was causing all sorts of problems for the pats and giving them a lot of posession, then come the 3rd & 4th quarters he hardly got a run out as they switched to the passing game. I have to point a finger as they had it in the bag and the coach and qb combined to literally hand it to the pats on a plate. I would be fuming if i was a die hard Atalanta fan.

Reminds me of our champs league final when rafa for some selfish ego tripping reason decided to play kuyt up front even though crouchy was scoring goals for fun. Ego tripping is no good thing in any final.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    3rd.

Liverpool - 2005
    Cardinals - 2011
    Patriots - 2017

After one of the best catches I've ever seen, Atalanta really messed up. Should have just gone: run, run, run - FG. Instead they went: run, 13 yard sack, 10 yard hold, incomplete, punt.

God I hate the cheating Pats even more now.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    After one of the best catches I've ever seen, Atalanta really messed up. Should have just gone: run, run, run - FG. Instead they went: run, 13 yard sack, 10 yard hold, incomplete, punt.

The Julio Jones catch was brilliant.

I thought 'Game over' after that, and it should have been.

The Julio Jones catch was brilliant.

I thought 'Game over' after that, and it should have been.
    Yup. Once it was 28-3, I got up and stopped watching for a bit. Then it got interesting again, and I sat back and watched. After the catch was confirmed, I exhaled and thought 'Ok, well, run the clock out and kill the game.'

It was almost an impossible position to lose from. Terrible decision that led to the sack but they were outplayed the 2nd half as bad as they outplayed the Patriots the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    It was almost an impossible position to lose from. Terrible decision that led to the sack but they were outplayed the 2nd half as bad as they outplayed the Patriots the first half.
    What. A. Game. The drama was obviously a great ad for the NFL.

Re: the second half reversal. What do folks think brought that on? Coaching (eg. wrong play calls from Atlanta)? Atlanta getting fatigued? The Pats simply playing / executing better?

Quote Originally Posted by An LFC fan View Post

Re: the second half reversal. What do folks think brought that on? Coaching (eg. wrong play calls from Atlanta)? Atlanta getting fatigued? The Pats simply playing / executing better?
    Mainly those two. Yes Brady was great, James White still should have been MVP, but the Atlanta defense had been on the field so long and if they had just run it on 2nd and 3rd down when in FG range they would have been two scores up and probably would of been game over then.

No fault on the Falcons players, bad play calls from the moment they went 28-3 up. I think Kyle Shanahan wanted to go out in a blaze of glory before becoming 49ers head coach but got it badly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by An LFC fan View Post

Patriots defense came out and played much better. The main reason was probably that the Patriots ran 93 plays compared to 46 for the Falcons. The Falcons offense stagnated and the result was the Atlanta defense was exhausted at the end of the game. They did a phenomenal job of disrupting Brady first half, but they couldn't keep it up and the more tired they got the more Brady just picked them apart.

EX-NFL STAR AARON HERNANDEZ HANGS HIMSELF IN HIS PRISON CELL

BOSTON (AP) -- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez hanged himself Wednesday in the prison cell where he was serving a life sentence for murder, taking his life on the same day his ex-teammates on the New England Patriots were set to visit the White House to mark their Super Bowl victory.

His death came less than a week after the 27-year-old athlete was acquitted in a second murder case.

Guards found Hernandez just after 3 a.m., Correction Department spokesman Christopher Fallon said. The onetime tight end was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead about an hour later.

Hernandez had been housed in a single cell in a general population unit at the maximum-security state prison in Shirley. He tried to jam the cell door to prevent guards from opening it and hanged himself with a bedsheet tied to a window, Fallon said.

Fallon said he was not aware of any suicide note. He said officials had no reason to believe Hernandez might take his life, and if they had had any such worries, he would have been transferred to a mental health unit.

Despite helping the University of Florida win the 2008 NCAA championship, Hernandez dropped to the fourth round of the NFL draft because of misbehavior in college.

But he was a productive tight end for the Patriots for three seasons, catching 79 passes for 910 yards and seven touchdowns in his second year to help the team reach the Super Bowl. In 2012, he signed a five-year, $40 million contract extension.

Two years later, Hernandez was unable to even watch his former team play on television while he was in prison awaiting trial in one shooting and already a suspect in another.

The team released him in June 2013, shortly after he was arrested in the killing of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee. He was convicted and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Last Friday, Hernandez was acquitted in the deadly 2012 drive-by shootings of two men in Boston. Prosecutors said he gunned them down after one of them accidentally spilled a drink on him in a Boston nightclub.

As the jury was deliberating last week, cameras spied Hernandez blowing kisses to the young daughter he fathered with fiancée Shayanna Jenkins.

His death was "a shocking and sad end to a very tragic series of events that has negatively impacted a number of families," said Bristol County District Attorney Thomas Quinn, who prosecuted Hernandez in the Lloyd case.

Prosecutors suggested Lloyd may have been killed to keep him quiet about the 2012 Boston killings.

Hernandez's lawyers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Patriots had no immediate comment.

The Worcester County district attorney's office and the Correction Department are investigating the death.

He was obviously a thug, but man could he play. Literally had everything and threw it away it's actually kind of sad.

NFL draft tonight 1am on sky. Will watch for a bit and see what goes on.

Defensive line heavy this draft.

The Bears well and truly throwing everyone off with their trade up pick.

All the best players seemed to be defensive but a lot of offensive going early.

Browns wanted Mitchell Trubisky I reckon and are in a panic now trying to trade for Kirk Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    NFL draft tonight 1am on sky. Will watch for a bit and see what goes on.

Defensive line heavy this draft.
    Glad you tuned in, this has been a really exciting one so far.