Notices
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Remember all the usual trolls were using Mkhitaryan as a stick to beat us with? Bit quiet on that one recently...

I don't even think he's played a full 90 mins yet...?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    You never know... might see me back up there one of these days.....
    Thats a big call

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Thats a big call
    Maybe this season, maybe next....

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Yep. I thought we overpaid for Mane but I knew we were getting a good player to give us what we were sorely lacking. The usual people were banging on about Mkhitaryan being cheaper and much better and further evidence of how **** we are. Has barely had a kick at United. Definitely a good player, but was still a bit of an unknown in terms of how he'd do here. Early days but when you have Mourinho already coming out and saying he needs to do more to be involved, it doesn't bode well for him.
    Lol....

When in fact Mane is worth 50-60 and that could go up

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Easy tiger. It was an exaggeration mate to illustrate the point. I could have put twice the player and 3/4 the price but it didn't have the same ring to it. The point being the same either way.

As you were
    They aren't even the same type of player either. Mane is a pacy two footed wide attacker. Mkhitayran is more of a number 10 and a Juan Mata/Christian Eriksen type with possibly more pace than both.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Are we not trying to get Coutinho a new contract? And if we are to qualify for the CL, I can't see Phil leaving in the summer just yet.

What big money move would we get for Sakho? He hasn't played for months and for me it is hard to see what value he is.

Sturridge would probably cost out the lot. But he hasn't proved his fitness to lead an attack long term, but whoever get, I guess he will cost a fair bit.
    We are trying to get Coutinho onto a new contract, if we haven't already. But if big teams with big money comes in for him (Barca, Madrid, PSG) then sell for 50 million+ and bring in a replacement. We haven't done great in doing that recently but there's talent out there to get a playmaker.

Sakho is our best defender, just with a poor attitude that Klopp has had enough of. We could very easily sell to a top team (PSG, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea) for top money (25 million+) and buy a quality replacement, again, we haven't been great at doing that recently.

Sturridge is the type of player that a lot of teams would be interested in. It's unlikely he'd go abroad but could happen. A London club is likely, but again only for a fortune. 30 million + at least. Technically we wouldn't need a replacement, we already have it in Firmino and Origi but a top quality striker who can press like Klopp wants and isn't as injury prone would be a great addition.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Utd have spent 600m since fergie left and are still afraid to play football against us.

Quote Originally Posted by elphenomeno View Post
    We are trying to get Coutinho onto a new contract, if we haven't already. But if big teams with big money comes in for him (Barca, Madrid, PSG) then sell for 50 million+ and bring in a replacement. We haven't done great in doing that recently but there's talent out there to get a playmaker.

Sakho is our best defender, just with a poor attitude that Klopp has had enough of. We could very easily sell to a top team (PSG, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea) for top money (25 million+) and buy a quality replacement, again, we haven't been great at doing that recently.

Sturridge is the type of player that a lot of teams would be interested in. It's unlikely he'd go abroad but could happen. A London club is likely, but again only for a fortune. 30 million + at least. Technically we wouldn't need a replacement, we already have it in Firmino and Origi but a top quality striker who can press like Klopp wants and isn't as injury prone would be a great addition.
    Since Klopp came in, we've become more astute when it comes to selling players. Joe Allen is example 13 million in the final year of his contract, Jordon Ibe is another, 15 million plus a percentage of any sell on fee for a player Kenny signed for buttons.

I agree with what you've said, Liverpool could take in, in and around 40 million if they sell Sturridge and Sakho. Coutinho on the other hand isn't for sale. It would possibly take Suarez type money for Liverpool to consider selling.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFirmino View Post
    Since Klopp came in, we've become more astute when it comes to selling players. Joe Allen is example 13 million in the final year of his contract, Jordon Ibe is another, 15 million plus a percentage of any sell on fee for a player Kenny signed for buttons.

I agree with what you've said, Liverpool could take in, in and around 40 million if they sell Sturridge and Sakho. Coutinho on the other hand isn't for sale. It would possibly take Suarez type money for Liverpool to consider selling.
    everyone is for sale at the right price

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    everyone is for sale at the right price
    The price offered has to be acceptable though.

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Lol's at the Ev

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFirmino View Post
    The price offered has to be acceptable though.
    and you wouldn't want to sell him to a rival...

Arsenal AGM tonight - the future of Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Arsenal AGM tonight - the future of Wenger

BBC trying to prop up United fans with a feel good piece by Phil Neville:

But what I would add is that they have come out of a period of tough games, and they are going into a spell where their fixtures look a lot more winnable. Mourinho said so himself afterwards.

Mourinho said so himself - like as if that makes it true.

In their next 6 league games they have to play Arsenal, Everton and Spurs - 3 of the teams above them - what's the betting they come out of those bemoaning another tough run of games?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post

But what I would add is that they have come out of a period of tough games, and they are going into a spell where their fixtures look a lot more winnable. Mourinho said so himself afterwards.

In their next 6 league games they have to play Arsenal, Everton and Spurs - 3 of the teams above them - what's the betting they come out of those bemoaning another tough run of games?
    they are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post

Madness. I wouldn't put money on them winning any of those matches. Long may this continue.

Bailly out for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by xabi1 View Post
    Madness. I wouldn't put money on them winning any of those matches. Long may this continue.
    I wouldn't bet my mortgage on them beating Burnley at OT at the weekend either.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Bailly out for 2 months.
    Now they won't have him to Bailly them out.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular

Because he's paid peanuts that he can't buy or rent an apartment unit? Plus, his kids are grown-ups already so he can have his wife to be at said apartment if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    I read that this morning too, what is he like?! I wonder has he really lost the plot tbh.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Really don't think anyone really gives a toss about him anymore. Seems to be on "lets be an even bigger twonk for the 16/17 season, but this time thankfully he is doing it with United.

So he hasn't been offered a house by United, that he chose to live in hotel, what a ****! And how is this even news for gods sake!
    Last edited by MacFoley'1975; 26-10-16 at 11:01.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by elphenomeno View Post

how about we buy NEYMAR after selling those players.. i think we will have the strongest attacker in England..lol Coutinho - Neymar - Firmino...

A thread called "Mourinho resign watch'" has just popped up on RedCafe.
    lmao

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    A thread called "Mourinho resign watch'" has just popped up on RedCafe.
    lmao
    #bringbackmoyes - #bringbacklvg - #bringbackthespecialone... looks like a great film trilogy there!

Or

Manchester Wars - Episode IV - A New Moyes

Manchester Wars - Episode V - The Van Gaal Strikes Back

Manchester Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Special One
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vanderto View Post
    how about we buy NEYMAR after selling those players.. i think we will have the strongest attacker in England..lol Coutinho - Neymar - Firmino...
    neymar wouldnt get in our front 3

fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    I think the homesick thing is Maureen waving the white flag. He's a short term manager at the best of times, but he's realised he's spent fortunes, upon a previous manager who spent fortunes, and he has the 6th best squad in the league.

He won't last the season is my prediction