Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Talk

I actually think the signings of Alonso and Luiz are tactically brilliant from Conte

I can see them lining up as a 3-5-2 with wing backs

Alonso will go to left wing back and azpilicueta will move to the right

Terry Luiz and Cahill as a 3. Luiz will have a bit more freedom to play the passes and having 2 other center halfs covering him.

Matic and Kante in front of that defence.

Hazard Willian Costa etc in attack.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Evans and Welbeck. Not world beaters but top end squad players who are all United men to the bone.
    Absolutely. I think those kind of players are really important - it's not all about your academy producing your best players, but it should provide solid squaddies.

It's something we've been poor at for too long, and arguably we've been too willing to move on players who could have done a similar job.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Absolutely. I think those kind of players are really important - it's not all about your academy producing your best players, but it should provide solid squaddies.

It's something we've been poor at for too long, and arguably we've been too willing to move on players who could have done a similar job.
    brannagen and randell the only players in the first team squad that we have produced and cant see them getting much game time at all this season

Quote Originally Posted by rytbckatya View Post
    brannagen and randell the only players in the first team squad that we have produced and cant see them getting much game time at all this season
    And Ojo.

And Ojo.
    We paid MK Dons a fee believed to be 2 million for Ojo..... for that reason he can hardly be classed as " one of our own"

We paid MK Dons a fee believed to be 2 million for Ojo..... for that reason he can hardly be classed as " one of our own"
    How many first team games had he played? Wherever else he may have started his footballing education he graduated from our academy. They don't all have to join at birth.

It's funny because I read things like 'it's a joke that John O'Shea has won the league and Steven Gerrard hadn't' when the very reason he hasn't won the league is because Liverpool didn't have a John O'Shea or Fletcher. Gerrard would walk into every Premier league winning team but you need the squad players as much, if not more, than one or two star players to win leagues, especially consistently.

Edit. I meant funny strange not funny as in a joke.
    Last edited by TheDevilYouKnow; 1-9-16 at 17:17.
    Manchester United Supporter

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    There's case for Brannagan to get some opportunities this season maybe in the cups. He's a good player.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by In77And84ItWasRome View Post
    I actually think the signings of Alonso and Luiz are tactically brilliant from Conte

I can see them lining up as a 3-5-2 with wing backs

Alonso will go to left wing back and azpilicueta will move to the right

Terry Luiz and Cahill as a 3. Luiz will have a bit more freedom to play the passes and having 2 other center halfs covering him.

Matic and Kante in front of that defence.

Hazard Willian Costa etc in attack.
    Not convinced on that. I hope they do that. Terry, Cahil, Luiz, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Kante and Matic behind the ball they'd be an average side. Hard to beat but few goals.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    wasn't sure where to post this, but the irony in the headline is too much for me today.

Fergie chairs forum on scrapping extra time.

What does first team games got anything to do with anything. By that logic hes developed more frm his loans at wigan and wolves. His footballing education was at MK and it clearly showed hence why we paid such a huge fee for a player at his age at the time beating off chelski.

The thing that made the manc's youth produce so memorable was that most of them came throw all the ranks at united not after spending several years at another professional football club

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Evans and Welbeck. Not world beaters but top end squad players who are all United men to the bone.
    All hopless

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    There's case for Brannagan to get some opportunities this season maybe in the cups. He's a good player.
    yea if we meet lower league opposition, but then again look at the team klopp put out vs burton. It'll b a miracle if he had 5 appearances to his name at the end of the season. A loan move getting regular game time would have been better

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    All hopless
    their individual medal collections would beg to differ

In the last twenty years I can only think of about five players who have made it through the ranks, not including the 92 youth team. Every other quality player at United was signed from another club.

At the moment Mourinho has two in Rashford and Lingard that are up to standard.

Youth always will get an chance at OT but if they're not good enough it's time to go.

Name these great players who made the grade. I can only think of five.
    read what I said

Man U have always blooding young players , it part long term project have young players fill as squad players

O'Shea , Fletcher ,Brown ,Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Scholes, Giggs, Evans ,Foster , Gibson, Simpson, Cleverley, Welbeck ,Keane, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson , Paddy McNair,

could carry on what point people don't get it

bang on, glad some people see the truth

It's funny because I read things like 'it's a joke that John O'Shea has won the league and Steven Gerrard hadn't' when the very reason he hasn't won the league is because Liverpool didn't have a John O'Shea or Fletcher. Gerrard would walk into every Premier league winning team but you need the squad players as much, if not more, than one or two star players to win leagues, especially consistently.

Edit. I meant funny strange not funny as in a joke.
    lot people get carry with big name star players , you got have best,

people laugh at Ranieri and Benítez for rotating but turn out Alex Ferguson was King of rotating players

What concerns me the most about the whole summer is the extent to which our rivals have improved, whether that be via new managers or new players. It's going to be incredibely hard to get into the top 4 which is why I'm bitterly disappointed at the state of our squad. We've signed some promising players for sure but we are lacking in key positions. I don't know who thought that going into a new season with 2 full backs at the club was a good idea, one of which is absolutely shambolic in Moreno. Our centre midfield is a concern also. I just don't think we're equipped to match the teams around us. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    All hopless
    Brown

Premier League (7): , FA Cup (2): , Football League Cup (3): , FA Community Shield (4): UEFA Champions League (2):

=================================================
    O'Shea

Premier League (5): , FA Cup: , Football League Cup (3): , FA Community Shield (4): , UEFA Champions League: , FIFA Club World Cup

================================================== ========
    Fletcher

Premier League (4): , FA Cup : , Football League Cup (2): , FA Community Shield (3): , UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup

================================================== =======
    Evans

Premier League (3): , Football League Cup (2): , FA Community Shield (4): , FIFA Club World Cup

Welbeck

Premier League: , Football League Cup (3): , FA Community Shield (2): , FIFA Club World Cup:

Now name 5 academy players we have not bought who have won Siilverware

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    What concerns me the most about the whole summer is the extent to which our rivals have improved, whether that be via new managers or new players. It's going to be incredibely hard to get into the top 4 which is why I'm bitterly disappointed at the state of our squad. We've signed some promising players for sure but we are lacking in key positions. I don't know who thought that going into a new season with 2 full backs at the club was a good idea, one of which is absolutely shambolic in Moreno. Our centre midfield is a concern also. I just don't think we're equipped to match the teams around us. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.
    only see 2 rivals have improved, City and Chelsea

Arsenal bought players apart from Xhaka the rest of buys are not the next level to take to winning the premier League, the players Wenger bought you would see Tottenham or any top 5 side would buy

United with money throw around they only bought 4 players, still gaps in 1st team and squad

Tottenham well they are just Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post

Arsenal bought players apart from Xhaka the rest of buys are not the next level to take to winning the premier League, the players Wenger bought you would see Tottenham or any top 5 side would buy

United with money throw around they only bought 4 players, still gaps in 1st team and squad

I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    I like that.
    I know get in the end ha ha ha

Man Utd haven't improved? They've brought in a world class manager and a couple of players that go a long long way in improving their side. It's not even up for debate that they're miles superior to what they were last season under LVG. I'm not saying they're the finished article and that their team is faultless, my point was about improvement and they've improved a great deal. Arsenal have addressed a key position in DM and have brought in a very solid CB to address another flaw in their side. I expect them to finish in the top 4 as they always do. Our rivals have improved more than we have I believe, so if we were playing catch up before then now we've lost even more ground on them.

Obviously that's only my opinion and no one would be happier than me if I were to be proved wrong. I think that it's highly unlikely that we finish above Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, City and maybe even Spurs.

Man Utd haven't improved? They've brought in a world class manager and a couple of players that go a long long way in improving their side. It's not even up for debate that they're miles superior to what they were last season under LVG. I'm not saying they're the finished article and that their team is faultless, my point was about improvement and they've improved a great deal. Arsenal have addressed a key position in DM and have brought in a very solid CB to address another flaw in their side. I expect them to finish in the top 4 as they always do. Our rivals have improved more than we have I believe, so if we were playing catch up before then now we've lost even more ground on them.

Obviously that's only my opinion and no one would be happier than me if I were to be proved wrong. I think that it's highly unlikely that we finish above Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, City and maybe even Spurs.
    no right fullback, no good defensive midfielder, no left or right wingers, could say need centre-back

then got Rojo, Jones , Young, Fellaini , Schweinsteiger , can get rid of

they also have Shrek.

don't go blind by money

no right fullback, no good defensive midfielder, no left or right wingers, could say need centre-back

they also have Shrek.

don't go blind by money
    I don't know how many times I have to type it out for you to compute I'm talking about improvements to the club, not potential flawlessness. You can focus on the money all you like, that doesn't change the fact that Pogba, Ibra and Mkhitaryan are brilliant players that improve them. If you think that I'm 'blinded by money' because I think that those 3 players improve their team significantly then I don't know what to tell you

fredthecamel is offline First team regular

they also have Shrek.

don't go blind by money
    come on united have improved .... new cb bailly looks excellent, new no 9 scoring freely, mhyk with guaranteed goals in his boots and the worlds most expensive midfi8elder

you re deluded if you dont believe united are stronger than last season

I don't know how many times I have to type it out for you to compute I'm talking about improvements to the club, not potential flawlessness. You can focus on the money all you like, that doesn't change the fact that Pogba, Ibra and Mkhitaryan are brilliant players that improve them. If you think that I'm 'blinded by money' because I think that those 3 players improve their team significantly then I don't know what to tell you
    united have made a statemnt to the world that they cna and will challenge madrid bayern barca etc ......and i think they will

seriously by that guys rating of united business he must think ours is utter *****.... we have loads of positions that need strengthening but he thinks klopp had a good window,...

then he ignores all united s good buys and nitpicks the problem areas they didnt fix

thank you

Karius , Matip , Mané , Wijnaldum have improve us and we got back 15m profit and kept are wages down

================================================== ===

I hate to think how much Pogba, Ibra are costing Man U in wages,

Ibra will have mybe one more season in him

Man U had to pay 130m to buy Pogba a player let go for free

thank you

Karius , Matip , Mané , Wijnaldum have improve us and we got back 15m profit and kept are wages down

whatever it is they;

A. Can afford it
    B. won't give a monkeys if it wins them the league or gets them in the top 4

nor would we.

thank you

does it matter how much they cost them?

they obviously can afford it...

my god you have one set of standards for liverpools summer business and another one for uniteds.... cant you see this