Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    united have made a statemnt to the world that they cna and will challenge madrid bayern barca etc ......and i think they will

seriously by that guys rating of united business he must think ours is utter *****.... we have loads of positions that need strengthening but he thinks klopp had a good window,...

then he ignores all united s good buys and nitpicks the problem areas they didnt fix
    Man U have problem areas they not fix,

forget the money or players rep

you look both squads before the window open both similar quality, both had not problem areas to fix, lot dead world,

then look at window closed, we both bought 4 1st team players to improve team but where similarities end.

Liverpool F.C. made a profit of 15million, cut are wages down, got rid over 20+ players

Man U made a loss big time, increased beyond imagination, still got a lot dead wood with big wages
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Man U have problem areas they not fix,

forget the money or players rep

you look both squads before the window open both similar quality, both had not problem areas to fix, lot dead world,

then look at window closed, we both bought 4 1st team players to improve team but where similarities end.

Liverpool F.C. made a profit of 15million, cut are wages down, got rid over 20+ players

Man U made a loss big time, increased beyond imagination, still got a lot dead wood with big wages
    we have problem areas we didnt fix also......

profits and losses wont matter at the end of the season if united win the league make champions and we dont

the similarities end that they bought three proven world class players... and one potential world class centre back

we bought one premier proven winger, one attacvking mdifielder hated by his last clubs fans,. and two germans none of us really know too much about

does it matter how much they cost them?

they obviously can afford it...

my god you have one set of standards for liverpools summer business and another one for uniteds.... cant you see this
    people are blind to money and want best toys now,

we have done just as good as Man U , Arsenal , Tottenham with are summer business

we have done just as good as Man U , Arsenal , Tottenham with are summer business
    we have not signed aswell as united, no club has this summer.....

the money spent doesnt matter, pogba has gotten them global appeal again and that will make the money back for them

i just dont see how you can realistically think united have signed badly and had a poor window because they didnt fix key areas in their team but at the same time think we ve had a great window despite failing to sort out key areas of our team

put it this way united are guaranteed top 4.. we are not

thank you

Karius , Matip , Mané , Wijnaldum have improve us and we got back 15m profit and kept are wages down

================================================== ===

I hate to think how much Pogba, Ibra are costing Man U in wages,

Ibra will have mybe one more season in him

Man U had to pay 130m to buy Pogba a player let go for free
    If you want to think of football in terms of spreadsheets and profit and loss that is up to you.

I still watch football the same way I have all my life, as a game I love. We have better players for me to enjoy watching this year which in my simplistic mind equals good. As far as I am concerned money is irrelevant.
    Manchester United Supporter

we have problem areas we didnt fix also......

profits and losses wont matter at the end of the season if united win the league make champions and we dont

the similarities end that they bought three proven world class players... and one potential world class centre back

we bought one premier proven winger, one attacvking mdifielder hated by his last clubs fans,. and two germans none of us really know too much about
    right profit around 600m each year but in the red by 600m+

add ridiculous price for players and huge wages are not help to be out of the red

===================================

it not about world class players it about the team, Ferguson did always had best players in world but won the League so did Blackburn and Leicester

=======================================

you might nothing about Karius or Matip but did any one know any thing about Reina and Hyypia

Wijnaldum get a lot hassle for what fans are say about him from his time Newcastle , were he get a lot prayers from around the world

right profit around 600m each year but in the red by 600m+

add ridiculous price for players and huge wages are not help to be out of the red

===================================

it not about world class players it about the team, Ferguson did always had best players in world but won the League so did Blackburn and Leicester

=======================================

you might nothing about Karius or Matip but did any one know any thing about Reina and Hyypia

Wijnaldum get a lot hassle for what fans are say about him from his time Newcastle , were he get a lot prayers from around the world
    this isnt the point

the point is you are praising klopp for having a greta window despite not fixing key areas of the squad

and then denigrating united uniteds summer window by saying they did bad because they failed to address key areas of the squad...

i dont see how you can praise klopp for it and say mourinho has done **** when both managers made 4 first 11 signings... and both failed to address serious squad issues....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    If you want to think of football in terms of spreadsheets and profit and loss that is up to you.

I still watch football the same way I have all my life, as a game I love. We have better players for me to enjoy watching this year which in my simplistic mind equals good. As far as I am concerned money is irrelevant.
    football is not about football like was 60's , 70's, 80's

it all about make money and win things

=================================

my point try make out we done just as good buys as are rivalries and made a profit

my point try make out we done just as good buys as are rivalries and made a profit
    but we didnt sign 3 proven world class players

we didnt even sign one

united did... and it cost them a lot of money....

but the reason you gave as to why united had a **** window was failure to sort jey aspects of the squad.,..

by that very thinking you should also think jurgen has had a bad window because he too failed to address key issues...

its hypocritical and totally biased view.. its not balanced, not anywhere even near balanced

this isnt the point

the point is you are praising klopp for having a greta window despite not fixing key areas of the squad

and then denigrating united uniteds summer window by saying they did bad because they failed to address key areas of the squad...

i dont see how you can praise klopp for it and say mourinho has done **** when both managers made 4 first 11 signings... and both failed to address serious squad issues....

no that not I said,

I say for last time , we have done same as Man U by improving are 1st team buy 4 players just like Man U but because of money Man U throw around people think fixing key areas of the 1st team but they just like us still need more,

plus we made a profit and Man U had big loss

no that not I said,

I say for last time , we have done same as Man U by improving are 1st team buy 4 players just like Man U but because of money Man U throw around people think fixing key areas of the 1st team but they just like us still need more,

plus we made a profit and Man U had big loss
    great.. we made a profit

united signed superior players

and if you dont believe pogba mhyk ibra and bailly are 4 better signings than karius matip mane and wijnnaldum then i dont really understand

united did aswell as us you say, and they finished above us last year... then they ought to finish above us this year... its klopps job to get us above everyone... doing well in the transfer window would put us in that situation... and it has not

he added goals in mane and wijnaldum.... but lost ten goals in benteke , got rid of joe allen arguably our best performing mdifielder for the last half of last season mainly because i think he was rodgers poster boy and klopp wanted to stamp hs own authority on it

but we didnt sign 3 proven world class players

we didnt even sign one

united did... and it cost them a lot of money....

but the reason you gave as to why united had a **** window was failure to sort jey aspects of the squad.,..

by that very thinking you should also think jurgen has had a bad window because he too failed to address key issues...

its hypocritical and totally biased view.. its not balanced, not anywhere even near balanced
    look go support City has you are obsessed by money and players reps

It's you who are obsessed with money. Forget the cost of the four players. They are excellent signings.

Do United need more? Maybe but the manager said he will give the players a fair go to get into the team / squad and thinks what we have is good enough for him. This is were you are slightly hypocritical because these aren't Mourinho's players but rather than throw more money at the team he believes he can get more out for these players and get them up to standard.

look go support City has you are obsessed by money and players reps
    ah lose an argument and you defer to go support city.... wow , astounding

admit it you re wrong and united had a good summer window and are stronger now that they were at the start of it

who is asking for us to spend united amounts of money... not me

i just wanna see us strengthen our team....

6 positions to fill keeper centre back midfield winger left back and dm...

we signed 7 players in total

i see only 6 positions.. we could have filled all 6 this summer for another 40-50 million and still have only spent 30 m net
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 2-9-16 at 11:45.

Make up your mind. What is important to you? Making money? Spending money? Winning things?

Football is about football for me. For some reason it isn't for you.

[QUOTE=TheDevilYouKnow;12139491]Make up your mind. What is important to you? Making money? Spending money? Winning things?

Football is about football for me. For some reason it isn't for you.[/QUOT

entertainment for me

[QUOTE=fredthecamel;12139493]
    Make up your mind. What is important to you? Making money? Spending money? Winning things?

Football is about football for me. For some reason it isn't for you.[/QUOT

entertainment for me
    That's it. I'll leave the money to the accountants.

[QUOTE=TheDevilYouKnow;12139498]

but i recognise the importance of money

but if united feel they can afford to spend 200m a window and they can then money is irrelevant regarding a discussion of who has had the best window

united will def challenge for the title this year... for me thats a huge improvement on them not even making top 4 last year so how anyone could say they ve had a poor window citied squad deficiences as the prime reason and then praise our manager for failing to address our squad deficiencies is beyond me

[QUOTE=TheDevilYouKnow;12139498]

to be honest its why i m so excited about mane... with the exception of 4-5 games last year i havent been excited watching liverpool since suarez left

now we turned on the style a few times last season at chelsea city at home to wets ham i think and dortmund in the europa league....

but really its been pretty dull since suarez left til then and now mane is an electric eel mad ball of energy thats so quick and elusive i can see him adding that unpredictable element to our attack that we ve been missing since luis

ie more entertainment

[QUOTE=fredthecamel;12139508]

to be honest its why i m so excited about mane... with the exception of 4-5 games last year i havent been excited watching liverpool since suarez left

now we turned on the style a few times last season at chelsea city at home to wets ham i think and dortmund in the europa league....

but really its been pretty dull since suarez left til then and now mane is an electric eel mad ball of energy thats so quick and elusive i can see him adding that unpredictable element to our attack that we ve been missing since luis

ie more entertainment
    Mane definitely looks the part.

I'm more than happy for every team in league getting better players. For me, as long as United are the best team, I want Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs and yourselves to be the big teams in Europe again and have great players like the mid to late 2000's.

[QUOTE=TheDevilYouKnow;12139534]

Mane definitely looks the part.

I'm more than happy for every team in league getting better players. For me, as long as United are the best team, I want Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs and yourselves to be the big teams in Europe again and have great players like the mid to late 2000's.
    i m okay with british sides doing well in europe.... makes cl more interesting for me...

okay i may not want united winning finals but getting to them is ok.. love to see arsenal win a champions league but cant see it under wenger...

[QUOTE=fredthecamel;12139539]

i m okay with british sides doing well in europe.... makes cl more interesting for me...

okay i may not want united winning finals but getting to them is ok.. love to see arsenal win a champions league but cant see it under wenger...
    Utd getting knocked out in the semi's would be ideal. More games, more demand on the squad, nothing to show for it at the end.

I was wrong in the Rival are best teams in world

we luck get 17th place

sorry

thank you

Karius , Matip , Mané , Wijnaldum have improve us and we got back 15m profit and kept are wages down

================================================== ===

I hate to think how much Pogba, Ibra are costing Man U in wages,

Ibra will have mybe one more season in him

Man U had to pay 130m to buy Pogba a player let go for free
    So on the one hand, people bash the owners for not spending enough in order to keep us competitive and on the other hand people commend them for lining their pockets up with significant profit. Need to pick a side and stick to it. Also don't talk about what you deem as utd's 'bad business' when we have consistently had one blunder after the other. The difference is that we're left with a weak squad whereas Utd have spent enough to ensure they've drastically improved despite their financial errors of the past. Also what difference does it make what wages they pay them? You're not in charge of their finances and if they do it to stay competitive it means they can so good for them for going all out for players they know will make a difference to them. To suggest that man Utd haven't improved is just a biased false perspective.

All named squads for now til New Year
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...squads-201617?

Lots of "what if" opportunity

Man U signed a has-been , a luxury and one of their own rejects.

As for the "world class centre back". Is this the same world class centre back that last season was destroyed by a 32 year old Fernando Torres?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFirmino View Post
    Man U signed a has-been , a luxury and one of their own rejects.

As for the "world class centre back". Is this the same world class centre back that last season was destroyed by a 32 year old Fernando Torres?
    you believe too much of what you read

mhykitiryan is not a luxury player... he s arguably the best goal scoring attacking midfielder in europe

Evertons excuse for Sissoko turning them down
    its been over two years since Pascoe was last seen in his shorts.

[QUOTE=fredthecamel;12139503]

but i recognise the importance of money

but if united feel they can afford to spend 200m a window and they can then money is irrelevant regarding a discussion of who has had the best window

united will def challenge for the title this year... for me thats a huge improvement on them not even making top 4 last year so how anyone could say they ve had a poor window citied squad deficiences as the prime reason and then praise our manager for failing to address our squad deficiencies is beyond me
    I wouldn't say definitely. They really haven't looked all that good thus far and that's against meh competition. Let's wait and see how they play against some of the big boys before buying into Josie's hype machine, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    Evertons excuse for Sissoko turning them down
    Comical.