Notices
Closed Thread
Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2978

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Nasri is another Moreno, utterly clueless bonehead. Yes, Vardy actually initiated the contact that got him his second yellow, but he was the one dumb enough to stop playing and start yapping and move towards him. Do not want.
    By that logic would you not want Suarez either then? He did far stupider things in his time here.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    By that logic would you not want Suarez either then? He did far stupider things in his time here.
    Correct, I wouldn't want Suarez. Especially not at some ridiculous sum like he would currently command. I'd rather get 2-3 solid to good players that aren't randomly going to get themselves suspended for a third of the season.

Correct, I wouldn't want Suarez. Especially not at some ridiculous sum like he would currently command. I'd rather get 2-3 solid to good players that aren't randomly going to get themselves suspended for a third of the season.

fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    and at ajax

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    With that sort of defensive midfield cover in front of you, is it easy being a Chelsea defender?
    yes but we've seen Romeu and Ndidi rpe us this season. I'm not saying kante isn't special, I'm just saying their back 3 and goalkeeper are enviable. or at least the connection between the two, defence and midfield are.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Not a chance, for me. Suarez all day long. Absolute genius of a player.

Arsenal 1-0 down to West Brom.

1-1 sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Not a chance, for me. Suarez all day long. Absolute genius of a player.
    Exactly. You have to take Suarez into context. Yes he's a loose cannon that could go off at any time. However the man is a genius. He executes things that mere mortals wouldn't attempt. He makes the most difficult things look easy. Along with Dennis Bergkamp, he's the best overseas second striker the PL has ever seen. He's above Zola too.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Exactly. You have to take Suarez into context. Yes he's a loose cannon that could go off at any time. However the man is a genius. He executes things that mere mortals wouldn't attempt. He makes the most difficult things look easy. Along with Dennis Bergkamp, he's the best overseas second striker the PL has ever seen. He's above Zola too.
    He's above Bergkamp too - as good as Begkamp was, he was never in the top 2 or 3 players in the world, Suarez is

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    He's above Bergkamp too - as good as Begkamp was, he was never in the top 2 or 3 players in the world, Suarez is
    There is a difference between being the best and not being recognised as the best. Sometimes that can be caused by a move to the wrong league. I reckon Bergkamps stock dropped significantly when he went to Inter and flopped badly. When he went to Arsenal, he was performing back at his Ajax level or even higher. I still believe that from 1996-2002 Bergkamp was the best in his position in Europe by a bit of a distance. He didn't get the recognition.

It happened to Ian Rush too. From 1981-1987 he was the best striker in Europe. He went to Juventus and flopped and his stock decreased and he was replaced as Europe's best by Marco Van Basten. It took time before his stock rose. The European ban didn't help either. None of Rush, Beardsley or Barnes got to showcase their talents on the biggest stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Would you call him a second striker? I don't think I would. I would say he's best leading the line tbh. And his goal record is far superior to Bergkamp's. Bergkamp was definitely a second striker though. And one of my favourite players ever to watch.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Would you call him a second striker? I don't think I would. I would say he's best leading the line tbh. And his goal record is far superior to Bergkamp's. Bergkamp was definitely a second striker though. And one of my favourite players ever to watch.
    Yeah, I'd call Suarez a striker. Bergkamp was completely different, he was the type to drop deeper and link with the midfield and play a lot of killer passes. Same as Zola. Suarez is the one making the runs and finishing them.

Suarez was essentially the "Second striker" when playing alongside Danny Sturridge who played as the loose forward that played on the shoulder of the last defender.

It was like Beardsley and Aldridge, Bergkamp and Henry, Rush and Dalglish. Cantona and Hughes. Fair enough Suarez played as the central striker, but at the same time moved into the second striker role and it was Sterling that played off the shoulder.

I agree though that Bergkamp was an absolute joy to watch and is one of my favourite players alongside Marc Overmars and Ian Wright.

Chelsea 13 points clear - can't see them losing 4 or more games in last 10 - Everyone is now playing for the best of the rest

Yesterday Manchester United agreed to let midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger join MLS side Chicago Fire.

Jamie vardy receives death threats over Ranieri's Leicester sacking, just shows what football fans are like. honestly the game is being dragged completely through the mud in modern times, racism in paris, referees strike in non league, death threats to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Jamie vardy receives death threats over Ranieri's Leicester sacking, just shows what football fans are like. honestly the game is being dragged completely through the mud in modern times, racism in paris, referees strike in non league, death threats to you and your family.
    That's society in general not just football fans.

I would get suarez in a heart beat, even if I have to pay Pogba fee. Him, along with Klopp and the squad he has assembled, I have no doubt LFC will be Premiere League champions.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan96 View Post
    I would get suarez in a heart beat, even if I have to pay Pogba fee. Him, along with Klopp and the squad he has assembled, I have no doubt LFC will be Premiere League champions.
    Dreamer

Berahino really has gone downhill since his move to stoke

kevin kampl from bayer is a target for atletico madrid.klopps kind of player,he is never tired.
    when he was in salzburg,he was best assistant in europe

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    kevin kampl from bayer is a target for atletico madrid.klopps kind of player,he is never tired.
    when he was in salzburg,he was best assistant in europe
    do you think he sure up the space between our left defence and midfield better?

see the Bitters look like getting their new stadium in Bramley Moore Dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    While we cannot even add a few more seats because its not economically viable.

Isn't Anfield good enough now?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    While we cannot even add a few more seats because its not economically viable.
    Tell you what mate - if the 300m for a 60 000 stadia is correct, they have a great deal

Tell you what mate - if the 300m for a 60 000 stadia is correct, they have a great deal
    60K? where's that number come from. Last I read was 50K

muri flew to croatia.media wrote he came to persuade perišič

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    So Spurs could be playing their home matches at Wembley next season then? Hopefully they will bring their CL form into the campaign from this season at Wembley. Would be beautiful.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975