Notices
Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2978

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Nothing like that - not happy at standing still -
    People on here wanna trash talk and can't back it up, I want perfection and a move towards it....

Transfers - trophies - Zonal Marking - The Academy - Squad Building - The Plan and Vision
    I don't see any of that moving forward....

People on here want to stop and bask in the adulation of yesterdays win, there is so much more to do, rather than stand still and let the rest pass us by....
    I agree.

It's fine to bask in Saturday's victory for a short while, but the bigger picture also needs to be looked at. I saw one journalist write that "Liverpool are the polar opposite to flat track bullies". There needs to be an improvement in consistency. How can a team destroy Arsenal and Spurs yet lose to Leicester and Hull?

How can a team frighten most teams half to death yet lose to Wolves? There is issues for the manager to sort out, mainly in defence and tweaks elsewhere. The squad also needs to be bigger. It's admirable for the manager to be frugal in his spending, but spending big money on signings wins trophies. I'm not suggesting that he waste money, enough money was wasted. I'm suggesting that he can be frugal whilst spending a decent if not even a substantial amount. That's the owners job to back him.

We all want trophies, it's our job as fans to savour that. That's what us fans enjoy most and that's what we want to bask in, instead of isolated results. Ask any Liverpool fan and they'll tell you Istanbul was the greatest night of their lives. Winning the title is probably the only thing that can top that. 27 years is far too long for a club Liverpool's size and stature to be without being champions. I just hope that that barren run ends soon and Jurgen Klopp is the one to achieve it.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I agree.

It's fine to bask in Saturday's victory for a short while, but the bigger picture also needs to be looked at. I saw one journalist write that "Liverpool are the polar opposite to flat track bullies". There needs to be an improvement in consistency. How can a team destroy Arsenal and Spurs yet lose to Leicester and Hull?

How can a team frighten most teams half to death yet lose to Wolves? There is issues for the manager to sort out, mainly in defence and tweaks elsewhere. The squad also needs to be bigger. It's admirable for the manager to be frugal in his spending, but spending big money on signings wins trophies. I'm not suggesting that he waste money, enough money was wasted. I'm suggesting that he can be frugal whilst spending a decent if not even a substantial amount. That's the owners job to back him.

We all want trophies, it's our job as fans to savour that. That's what us fans enjoy most and that's what we want to bask in, instead of isolated results. Ask any Liverpool fan and they'll tell you Istanbul was the greatest night of their lives. Winning the title is probably the only thing that can top that. 27 years is far too long for a club Liverpool's size and stature to be without being champions. I just hope that that barren run ends soon and Jurgen Klopp is the one to achieve it.
    While we are of course inconsistent against the 'lesser sides', results like that can obviously happen from time to time. Chelsea are running away with the league yet they have lost to Palace and Swansea this season.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    While we are of course inconsistent against the 'lesser sides', results like that can obviously happen from time to time. Chelsea are running away with the league yet they have lost to Palace and Swansea this season.
    Chelsea' poor results were isolated results. How long was there between their defeats exactly? Since Chelsea lost to Arsenal, they've lost twice in the league. Their level of consistency particularly in the league is pretty much the benchmark.

We've been very inconsistent in 2017. We've won just 4 of the last 11 league games. You compare that to winning 13 of the first 19 and collecting our biggest points total after 19 games since 1992 with 43. We've dropped 17 points in the last 11 league games. We dropped 14 in the first 19 games.

I agree that isolated results do happen and it's common place. However that doesn't excuse the overall inconsistency. It's high levels of consistency that ensure you end the season with silverware.

Chelsea' poor results were isolated results. How long was there between their defeats exactly? Since Chelsea lost to Arsenal, they've lost twice in the league. Their level of consistency particularly in the league is pretty much the benchmark.

We've been very inconsistent in 2017. We've won just 4 of the last 11 league games. You compare that to winning 13 of the first 19 and collecting our biggest points total after 19 games since 1992 with 43. We've dropped 17 points in the last 11 league games. We dropped 14 in the first 19 games.

I agree that isolated results do happen and it's common place. However that doesn't excuse the overall inconsistency. It's high levels of consistency that ensure you end the season with silverware.
    I think that there will always be inconsistency when there is no real competition for spots.

We actually haven't been that inconsistent. We were consistently horrible and toothless in January/February (other than the predictable good performance against Chelsea) but have been pretty good in March/April.

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    We actually haven't been that inconsistent. We were consistently horrible and toothless in January/February (other than the predictable good performance against Chelsea) but have been pretty good in March/April.
    Teams having an exceptional season are termed consistent. Teams have a woeful season are termed consistent. Everything else is termed inconsistent. That's just the black and white nature firstly of media and now the public accept this translation.

I have not seen a great deal of inconsistency at all this season from us. I've seen the Jan/Feb period where the team looked tired, decision making affected, lacking creativity but that had nothing to do with consistency but a small squad (quality wise), injuries and fatigue.

Our defensively play hasn't been strong enough but that's been true all season. Fans talk about consistency without fully thinking about what it means. You can put in a consistent amount of effort but if you're fatigued effort can override physics for a period but sooner or later your body doesn't listen to the mind without rest.

You can want to win as much as you did in the first game but if you've played 26 gruelling games and come out the other side of Christmas your mind will not be as sharp. This isn't inconsistency but consistency. The reason it is consistency you play side by side two games on two televisions.

The first game is the opening day of the season and the 2nd is playing a game first week in Jan and not the difference. The second game is much slower, less sharp, they look like different leagues. Everybody suffers from it.

Some clubs have better squads, some clubs get a result that lifts them and if you are fatigued and you lose a player or two without good enough replacements and you lose a couple and confidence low it can take a few games to turn it around.

It has nothing to do with consistency. If we have three quality players, completely fresh to come in then you can bet we'd have suffered much less in those months.

David Moyes certainly starting to unravel

I watched the Man utd game last night and couldn't help thinking how boring their football is since Ferguson left, I wonder how their fans really feel about what Mourinho is serving up.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I watched the Man utd game last night and couldn't help thinking how boring their football is since Ferguson left, I wonder how their fans really feel about what Mourinho is serving up.
    Indeed. Very good watch for us mind, seeing them drop more points.
    But as you say, boring and old fashioned.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Idiotic from Williams at the end, but I guess he lost his bearings and thought he had to take that one for the team. I wonder if the 'keeper gave him a shout, he should have.

Anyway, still a good result for us and one I think will now push Mourinho to place less importance on the league and go all out for the Europa (as we did last season). Starting to look much better for us and top 4.

As for the Ibra goal ruled offside...alright, it should have counted but did anyone hear Phil Neville? 'It was CLEARLY onside and CLEARLY should have counted'...he was played on by a trailing foot and looked to be leaning offside from first view. Thought Lukaku was useless again.

Very Pulis like.

Go on to Redcafe and have a look. A lot of them blaming the players rather than Jose, or saying "its not his squad yet" even though he has spend 160 million. It's funny that Moyes wasn't afforded these excuses.

liverpool19734 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Go on to Redcafe and have a look. A lot of them blaming the players rather than Jose, or saying "its not his squad yet" even though he has spend 160 million. It's funny that Moyes wasn't afforded these excuses.
    If Moyes' united played like this he'd have been crucified which he was, but Mourinho seems to have somehow avoided this criticism.

Constantly see or hear United fans talk about how they need to 'spend big' on at least 4 or 5 players. This is already the most expensive squad in the history of football, and they still need to spend big apparently. Maybe they just need a manager who won't stifle a pretty good squad capable of much better football.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    If Moyes' united played like this he'd have been crucified which he was, but Mourinho seems to have somehow avoided this criticism.
    It's because of his name and what he's done previously.

But if you look at this season and last season his results are seriously bad. Utd have scored less goals at home than Hull have. Let that sink in.

Last season could be considered a blip on Jose record however you have to wonder if his methods just no longer work. He's always been a **** but when he first arrived he was sharp and a bit witty at times and very clever can calculated. Now he just sounds seriously bitter and deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Constantly see or hear United fans talk about how they need to 'spend big' on at least 4 or 5 players. This is already the most expensive squad in the history of football, and they still need to spend big apparently. Maybe they just need a manager who won't stifle a pretty good squad capable of much better football.
    It's hilarious isn't it. Look at what Klopp has done without barely spending a penny.

Then compare that to Jose with his 160 million on top of what was already a very expensively assembled squad.

This, but I hope it continues.

It's hilarious isn't it. Look at what Klopp has done without barely spending a penny.

Then compare that to Jose with his 160 million on top of what was already a very expensively assembled squad.
    United have the guts of a very good first 11 there, some real exciting attacking talent but I knew this would happen, I knew he would stifle their attacking side. I mean, he got rid of player of the season 2 years in a row Mata at Chelsea because he didn't defend enough.

Just made me laugh that all the United fans were over the moon to get him after complaining so much about LVG's style of play

liverpool19734 is online now Academy prospect
    United have the guts of a very good first 11 there, some real exciting attacking talent but I knew this would happen, I knew he would stifle their attacking side. I mean, he got rid of player of the season 2 years in a row Mata at Chelsea because he didn't defend enough.

Just made me laugh that all the United fans were over the moon to get him after complaining so much about LVG's style of play
    While in the meantime destroying their young talent and increasing the age of their squad undoing the only decent thing LVG did.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular

they just need 2 matchwinning wingers if you ask me to have very potent side

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    While in the meantime destroying their young talent and increasing the age of their squad undoing the only decent thing LVG did.
    Yeah, I also called Rashford would suffer a lot this season from Mourinho

It's what Mourinho does though, isn't it? Goes into a club, spends hundreds of millions on ready made top quality in their prime, wins something then ****s off again when they start declining.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    A good, positive manager would get much more out of Martial and Mkhitaryan in those positions. Rashford should have had a much bigger season, too.

Seriously fredthecamel?.............. Mate look at their squad and tell me you couldn't put together a pretty potent team playing good football.

A good, positive manager would get much more out of Martial and Mkhitaryan in those positions. Rashford should have had a much bigger season, too.
    i still think mourinho is good manager

defensive minded maybe but still a good manager and anyone who thinks the mancs wont be a stronger team again next season is deluded.

rashford has killer pace.

martial admittedly has not been utilised well , nor mickey ryan for that matter

Seriously fredthecamel?.............. Mate look at their squad and tell me you couldn't put together a pretty potent team playing good football.
    they have a good squad undoubtedly. its stronger than ours i think but they have had euro football also and it is his first season

i still think mourinho is good manager

defensive minded maybe but still a good manager and anyone who thinks the mancs wont be a stronger team again next season is deluded.

rashford has killer pace.

martial admittedly has not been utilised well , nor mickey ryan for that matter
    Pretty sure you were talking them up for this season too. Makes sense with you having a soft spot for them, after all.

Pretty sure you were talking them up for this season too. Makes sense with you having a soft spot for them, after all.
    oh here we go again, you alwys have to get that little dig in

i did think they would do better than they have this season

but they will spend another 100m plus this summer

you know this

oh here we go again, you alwys have to get that little dig in

i did think they would do better than they have this season

but they will spend another 100m plus this summer

you know this
    Yes, because I still find it unbelievable that a Liverpool fan would have a soft spot for United, it's ridiculous.

So you thought they'd do better this season, which they haven't, but still have the balls to say anyone who doesn't think they'll be stronger next season is deluded? Have a word.

I'm sure you threw this same argument out last summer, that they'll spend big and be much stronger. Hasn't really worked out like that, has it? I don't give a **** what they spend.

Idiotic from Williams at the end, but I guess he lost his bearings and thought he had to take that one for the team. I wonder if the 'keeper gave him a shout, he should have.

Anyway, still a good result for us and one I think will now push Mourinho to place less importance on the league and go all out for the Europa (as we did last season). Starting to look much better for us and top 4.

As for the Ibra goal ruled offside...alright, it should have counted but did anyone hear Phil Neville? 'It was CLEARLY onside and CLEARLY should have counted'...he was played on by a trailing foot and looked to be leaning offside from first view. Thought Lukaku was useless again.
    why should it have counted? Half his upper body was offside...

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    why should it have counted? Half his upper body was offside...
    Looked like he was being played onside by Williams foot?