Notices
Closed Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2978

Thread: Rival Talk

  1. #2101  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    15,966
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well clearly they have given up on the league and are banking on winning the EL.
    It would be so fun if they lost in the el
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2102  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    It would be so fun if they lost in the el
    Yes. It won't repair our Sevilla failure, but i'll crack a smile, for sure.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2103  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    It would be so fun if they lost in the el
    It would be absolutely fantastic.

    But we need to make sure we qualify ourselves first (to the group stage), there's still a chance Utd could be in the CL next season and we aren't, which would be a *********** travesty.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2104  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    A win versus Brough, and we're upbeat and ready for the qualifier too, I think.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2105  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9,209
    United get 25% of the fee of any deal for Keane via BBC.

    Therefore in signing him for 25m, they only really need to pay 18.75m.

    Makes it a much more reasonable fee.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2106  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9,733
    Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    United get 25% of the fee of any deal for Keane via BBC.

    Therefore in signing him for 25m, they only really need to pay 18.75m.

    Makes it a much more reasonable fee.
    I want them to sign him and keep up their recent trend of buying back ex-players for magnitudes more than they sold them for.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2107  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    United get 25% of the fee of any deal for Keane via BBC.

    Therefore in signing him for 25m, they only really need to pay 18.75m.

    Makes it a much more reasonable fee.
    Pretty sure sell-on clauses are irrelevant when selling back to the team you bought the player from.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2108  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,919
    Stunning stuff at Watford

    Walter Mazzarri has been sacked, but will lead them out to the last game of the season on Sunday
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2109  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,491
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Pretty sure sell-on clauses are irrelevant when selling back to the team you bought the player from.
    It is and it isn't.

    If Burnley are demanding 25m, and have an offer from club A they know they'll only end up with 18.75m after paying United. United could therefore effectively match that offer by bidding 18.75m and Burnley would be equally happy.

    But while United may have signed him for just 18.75m they have also lost out on the 6.25m they would have got if he moved elsewhere.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2110  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Stunning stuff at Watford

    Walter Mazzarri has been sacked, but will lead them out to the last game of the season on Sunday
    Why not just wait until the end of the season to announce it?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2111  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,491
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Why not just wait until the end of the season to announce it?
    They're a funny lot. Sack the manager that gets them promoted then sack the next 2 despite both keeping them up.

    What are they expecting? Why are they unable to back any of their appointments?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2112  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    They're a funny lot. Sack the manager that gets them promoted then sack the next 2 despite both keeping them up.

    What are they expecting? Why are they unable to back any of their appointments?
    Apparently their next manager will be their 9th in 5 years, their owners seem to be exceptionally hard to please. Perhaps they saw Leicester last year and were expecting something similar from Mazzarri this season?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2113  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,188
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    They're a funny lot. Sack the manager that gets them promoted then sack the next 2 despite both keeping them up.

    What are they expecting? Why are they unable to back any of their appointments?
    Very strange.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2114  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,919
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Apparently their next manager will be their 9th in 5 years, their owners seem to be exceptionally hard to please. Perhaps they saw Leicester last year and were expecting something similar from Mazzarri this season?
    Looks like the Pozzo family are looking for something - only problem is their eyes are bigger than their pockets and they are clueless
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2115  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    It is and it isn't.

    If Burnley are demanding 25m, and have an offer from club A they know they'll only end up with 18.75m after paying United. United could therefore effectively match that offer by bidding 18.75m and Burnley would be equally happy.

    But while United may have signed him for just 18.75m they have also lost out on the 6.25m they would have got if he moved elsewhere.
    I see what you're saying, although I'm not sure Burnely would go about it that way in terms of your main point. And to further that, if the quoted 25m is accurate, I'm guessing that is what they're asking United to pay in the first place.
    Last edited by TattooedByAgger; 17-5-17 at 19:56.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2116  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,188
    We might have illori back in the PL with reading next season or maybe ward will help Huddersfield up.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2117  
    fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,729
    It's a good job The Thursday Cup standard is bobbins this year, or Maureen could be on his way.

    Will they back him if they lose to Ajax ? He's got a worse win percentage than Moyes I read the other day.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2118  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    It's a good job The Thursday Cup standard is bobbins this year, or Maureen could be on his way.

    Will they back him if they lose to Ajax ? He's got a worse win percentage than Moyes I read the other day.
    Wait so a final between teams finishing 7th and 8th in their leagues is better than teams finishing 2nd and 6th? How'd you work that one out?

    PS Your name should be fowlers2atsnakemountain if you're on about He-man.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2119  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    if he wasnt muri,he would be sacked

    http://www.eurosport.com/football/pr...04/story.shtml
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2120  
    fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,729
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Wait so a final between teams finishing 7th and 8th in their leagues is better than teams finishing 2nd and 6th? How'd you work that one out?

    PS Your name should be fowlers2atsnakemountain if you're on about He-man.
    Man U - Dortmund - Villarreal - Sevilla

    St Etienne - Rostov - Anderlecht - Celta Vigo - Quite frankly you may as well have had a bye to the final.

    And I think you just tried to back your argument up by comparing the Dutch league to the Spanish league.

    Any comment on Maureen having a worse win rate than Moyes ? Despite Man U spending more than anyone in the last 5 years, having the most expensive squad ever assembled with the highest wage bill ?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2121  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    Man U - Dortmund - Villarreal - Sevilla

    St Etienne - Rostov - Anderlecht - Celta Vigo - Quite frankly you may as well have had a bye to the final.

    And I think you just tried to back your argument up by comparing the Dutch league to the Spanish league.

    Any comment on Maureen having a worse win rate than Moyes ? Despite Man U spending more than anyone in the last 5 years, having the most expensive squad ever assembled with the highest wage bill ?
    I could compare Sevilla to Ajax. Who is the bigger club? I was talking about the final. Does it matter who you beat getting to the final if you get beat?

    And I think most Liverpool fans know you were a poor team last year, you could make an arguement that by Liverpool getting to the final it made it a poorer Europa League. Unless reputation is more important and Liverpool getting there make better by their name alone. But that makes United vs Ajax a massive final with their reputations.

    PS your name is still wrong.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #2122  
    fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,729
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    I could compare Sevilla to Ajax. Who is the bigger club? I was talking about the final. Does it matter who you beat getting to the final if you get beat?

    And I think most Liverpool fans know you were a poor team last year, you could make an arguement that by Liverpool getting to the final it made it a poorer Europa League. Unless reputation is more important and Liverpool getting there make better by their name alone. But that makes United vs Ajax a massive final with their reputations.

    PS your name is still wrong.
    Man U V Ajax a massive Final.

    And I remember when these trophies were Mickey Mouse.

    How the mighty fall
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #2123  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    Man U V Ajax a massive Final.

    And I remember when these trophies were Mickey Mouse.

    How the mighty fall
    That's not what I was getting at at all.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #2124  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    I could compare Sevilla to Ajax. Who is the bigger club? I was talking about the final. Does it matter who you beat getting to the final if you get beat?

    And I think most Liverpool fans know you were a poor team last year, you could make an arguement that by Liverpool getting to the final it made it a poorer Europa League. Unless reputation is more important and Liverpool getting there make better by their name alone. But that makes United vs Ajax a massive final with their reputations.

    PS your name is still wrong.
    You make two interesting points here. The first is nothing matters unless you win it. If we accept that premise then when considering European club football the Premier competition is the most prestigious. That is the Champions League/European Cup. When you consider that we've won the Premier competition 5 times, Ajax 4 and United just 3.

    That is possible why you then started talking about 'reputations' which is understandable as United's reputation is strong still despite the fact you're 6th and have collapsed in Premier League and Champions League since Ferguson left.

    I think United and Ajax is a good final. I think it is an interesting one and one I think there is some possibility you will lose. Ajax have a very young side. They could fold under the pressure or you may find yourselves struggling to keep up.

    I'm not sure a fictional name is incorrect but i do appose using post scriptum at the end of posts. I don't feel the need for Latin or Latin abbreviations on a football forum. It also prevents some of the younger generation thinking means 'please keep secret'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #2125  
    fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,729
    If Maureen could choose to face Ajax or Sevilla in the final, we all know which he'd choose.

    Hopefully Ajax do what they did last time they were in a European Final with a young side.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #2126  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You make two interesting points here. The first is nothing matters unless you win it. If we accept that premise then when considering European club football the Premier competition is the most prestigious. That is the Champions League/European Cup. When you consider that we've won the Premier competition 5 times, Ajax 4 and United just 3.

    That is possible why you then started talking about 'reputations' which is understandable as United's reputation is strong still despite the fact you're 6th and have collapsed in Premier League and Champions League since Ferguson left.

    I think United and Ajax is a good final. I think it is an interesting one and one I think there is some possibility you will lose. Ajax have a very young side. They could fold under the pressure or you may find yourselves struggling to keep up.

    I'm not sure a fictional name is incorrect but i do appose using post scriptum at the end of posts. I don't feel the need for Latin or Latin abbreviations on a football forum. It also prevents some of the younger generation thinking means 'please keep secret'
    I was just saying that last year you could argue your actual team of 2015/16 was a poor Liverpool team but Liverpool are seen great team because of past glories. Both teams are living off past reputations of greatness at the moment, we are treading water winning a few cups here and there.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #2127  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    If Maureen could choose to face Ajax or Sevilla in the final, we all know which he'd choose.

    Hopefully Ajax do what they did last time they were in a European Final with a young side.
    And Klopp would choose Ajax because we know Sevilla already beat you.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #2128  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    It's a good job The Thursday Cup standard is bobbins this year, or Maureen could be on his way.

    Will they back him if they lose to Ajax ? He's got a worse win percentage than Moyes I read the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    Man U - Dortmund - Villarreal - Sevilla

    St Etienne - Rostov - Anderlecht - Celta Vigo - Quite frankly you may as well have had a bye to the final.

    And I think you just tried to back your argument up by comparing the Dutch league to the Spanish league.

    Any comment on Maureen having a worse win rate than Moyes ? Despite Man U spending more than anyone in the last 5 years, having the most expensive squad ever assembled with the highest wage bill ?
    Sorry I forgot about that bit.

    What is there to say except Moyes's win percentage at United (52.94%) is better than Klopp's at Liverpool (50.0%) but both are worse than Mourinho's at United (56.5%) Seems a strange thing to bring up really if you ask me.

    City also spent more than United in the past five years but that aside, what does Sir Alex spending 63 million, Moyes spending 67 million and Van Gaal 250 million got to do with Mourinho? Is it Klopp's fault Liverpool spent 300 million on players before his tenure in the same period.

    I'm sure none of this suits your argument so please feel free to be more specific until it fits your agenda.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #2129  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,491
    What's going on with Ross Barkley - sounds like Everton have made him a good offer, and while he's a decent player I don't really see any of the top 6 chasing his signature.

    Where does he think he's going to go?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #2130  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    What's going on with Ross Barkley - sounds like Everton have made him a good offer, and while he's a decent player I don't really see any of the top 6 chasing his signature.

    Where does he think he's going to go?
    Still being linked to the likes of United. I don't get it at all with that guy, has about 5 good games a season and never against the big teams. The 'he's still young' defence has gone now, and he still doesn't show anywhere near enough.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •