Notices
Closed Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2978

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well clearly they have given up on the league and are banking on winning the EL.
    It would be so fun if they lost in the el
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Yes. It won't repair our Sevilla failure, but i'll crack a smile, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    It would be absolutely fantastic.

But we need to make sure we qualify ourselves first (to the group stage), there's still a chance Utd could be in the CL next season and we aren't, which would be a *********** travesty.

A win versus Brough, and we're upbeat and ready for the qualifier too, I think.

United get 25% of the fee of any deal for Keane via BBC.

Therefore in signing him for 25m, they only really need to pay 18.75m.

Makes it a much more reasonable fee.

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post

I want them to sign him and keep up their recent trend of buying back ex-players for magnitudes more than they sold them for.

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post

Pretty sure sell-on clauses are irrelevant when selling back to the team you bought the player from.

Stunning stuff at Watford

Walter Mazzarri has been sacked, but will lead them out to the last game of the season on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Pretty sure sell-on clauses are irrelevant when selling back to the team you bought the player from.
    It is and it isn't.

If Burnley are demanding 25m, and have an offer from club A they know they'll only end up with 18.75m after paying United. United could therefore effectively match that offer by bidding 18.75m and Burnley would be equally happy.

But while United may have signed him for just 18.75m they have also lost out on the 6.25m they would have got if he moved elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Stunning stuff at Watford

Walter Mazzarri has been sacked, but will lead them out to the last game of the season on Sunday
    Why not just wait until the end of the season to announce it?

Why not just wait until the end of the season to announce it?
    They're a funny lot. Sack the manager that gets them promoted then sack the next 2 despite both keeping them up.

What are they expecting? Why are they unable to back any of their appointments?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    They're a funny lot. Sack the manager that gets them promoted then sack the next 2 despite both keeping them up.

Apparently their next manager will be their 9th in 5 years, their owners seem to be exceptionally hard to please. Perhaps they saw Leicester last year and were expecting something similar from Mazzarri this season?

Very strange.

Apparently their next manager will be their 9th in 5 years, their owners seem to be exceptionally hard to please. Perhaps they saw Leicester last year and were expecting something similar from Mazzarri this season?
    Looks like the Pozzo family are looking for something - only problem is their eyes are bigger than their pockets and they are clueless

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    It is and it isn't.

If Burnley are demanding 25m, and have an offer from club A they know they'll only end up with 18.75m after paying United. United could therefore effectively match that offer by bidding 18.75m and Burnley would be equally happy.

But while United may have signed him for just 18.75m they have also lost out on the 6.25m they would have got if he moved elsewhere.
    I see what you're saying, although I'm not sure Burnely would go about it that way in terms of your main point. And to further that, if the quoted 25m is accurate, I'm guessing that is what they're asking United to pay in the first place.
    Last edited by TattooedByAgger; 17-5-17 at 19:56.

We might have illori back in the PL with reading next season or maybe ward will help Huddersfield up.

fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    It's a good job The Thursday Cup standard is bobbins this year, or Maureen could be on his way.

Will they back him if they lose to Ajax ? He's got a worse win percentage than Moyes I read the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    It's a good job The Thursday Cup standard is bobbins this year, or Maureen could be on his way.

Will they back him if they lose to Ajax ? He's got a worse win percentage than Moyes I read the other day.
    Wait so a final between teams finishing 7th and 8th in their leagues is better than teams finishing 2nd and 6th? How'd you work that one out?

PS Your name should be fowlers2atsnakemountain if you're on about He-man.
    Manchester United Supporter

if he wasnt muri,he would be sacked

http://www.eurosport.com/football/pr...04/story.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Wait so a final between teams finishing 7th and 8th in their leagues is better than teams finishing 2nd and 6th? How'd you work that one out?

PS Your name should be fowlers2atsnakemountain if you're on about He-man.
    Man U - Dortmund - Villarreal - Sevilla

St Etienne - Rostov - Anderlecht - Celta Vigo - Quite frankly you may as well have had a bye to the final.

And I think you just tried to back your argument up by comparing the Dutch league to the Spanish league.

Any comment on Maureen having a worse win rate than Moyes ? Despite Man U spending more than anyone in the last 5 years, having the most expensive squad ever assembled with the highest wage bill ?

St Etienne - Rostov - Anderlecht - Celta Vigo - Quite frankly you may as well have had a bye to the final.

And I think you just tried to back your argument up by comparing the Dutch league to the Spanish league.

Any comment on Maureen having a worse win rate than Moyes ? Despite Man U spending more than anyone in the last 5 years, having the most expensive squad ever assembled with the highest wage bill ?
    I could compare Sevilla to Ajax. Who is the bigger club? I was talking about the final. Does it matter who you beat getting to the final if you get beat?

And I think most Liverpool fans know you were a poor team last year, you could make an arguement that by Liverpool getting to the final it made it a poorer Europa League. Unless reputation is more important and Liverpool getting there make better by their name alone. But that makes United vs Ajax a massive final with their reputations.

PS your name is still wrong.

I could compare Sevilla to Ajax. Who is the bigger club? I was talking about the final. Does it matter who you beat getting to the final if you get beat?

And I think most Liverpool fans know you were a poor team last year, you could make an arguement that by Liverpool getting to the final it made it a poorer Europa League. Unless reputation is more important and Liverpool getting there make better by their name alone. But that makes United vs Ajax a massive final with their reputations.

Man U V Ajax a massive Final.

And I remember when these trophies were Mickey Mouse.

How the mighty fall

Man U V Ajax a massive Final.

And I remember when these trophies were Mickey Mouse.

How the mighty fall
    That's not what I was getting at at all.

You make two interesting points here. The first is nothing matters unless you win it. If we accept that premise then when considering European club football the Premier competition is the most prestigious. That is the Champions League/European Cup. When you consider that we've won the Premier competition 5 times, Ajax 4 and United just 3.

That is possible why you then started talking about 'reputations' which is understandable as United's reputation is strong still despite the fact you're 6th and have collapsed in Premier League and Champions League since Ferguson left.

I think United and Ajax is a good final. I think it is an interesting one and one I think there is some possibility you will lose. Ajax have a very young side. They could fold under the pressure or you may find yourselves struggling to keep up.

I'm not sure a fictional name is incorrect but i do appose using post scriptum at the end of posts. I don't feel the need for Latin or Latin abbreviations on a football forum. It also prevents some of the younger generation thinking means 'please keep secret'

If Maureen could choose to face Ajax or Sevilla in the final, we all know which he'd choose.

Hopefully Ajax do what they did last time they were in a European Final with a young side.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You make two interesting points here. The first is nothing matters unless you win it. If we accept that premise then when considering European club football the Premier competition is the most prestigious. That is the Champions League/European Cup. When you consider that we've won the Premier competition 5 times, Ajax 4 and United just 3.

That is possible why you then started talking about 'reputations' which is understandable as United's reputation is strong still despite the fact you're 6th and have collapsed in Premier League and Champions League since Ferguson left.

I think United and Ajax is a good final. I think it is an interesting one and one I think there is some possibility you will lose. Ajax have a very young side. They could fold under the pressure or you may find yourselves struggling to keep up.

I'm not sure a fictional name is incorrect but i do appose using post scriptum at the end of posts. I don't feel the need for Latin or Latin abbreviations on a football forum. It also prevents some of the younger generation thinking means 'please keep secret'
    I was just saying that last year you could argue your actual team of 2015/16 was a poor Liverpool team but Liverpool are seen great team because of past glories. Both teams are living off past reputations of greatness at the moment, we are treading water winning a few cups here and there.

If Maureen could choose to face Ajax or Sevilla in the final, we all know which he'd choose.

Hopefully Ajax do what they did last time they were in a European Final with a young side.
    And Klopp would choose Ajax because we know Sevilla already beat you.

Sorry I forgot about that bit.

What is there to say except Moyes's win percentage at United (52.94%) is better than Klopp's at Liverpool (50.0%) but both are worse than Mourinho's at United (56.5%) Seems a strange thing to bring up really if you ask me.

City also spent more than United in the past five years but that aside, what does Sir Alex spending 63 million, Moyes spending 67 million and Van Gaal 250 million got to do with Mourinho? Is it Klopp's fault Liverpool spent 300 million on players before his tenure in the same period.

I'm sure none of this suits your argument so please feel free to be more specific until it fits your agenda.

What's going on with Ross Barkley - sounds like Everton have made him a good offer, and while he's a decent player I don't really see any of the top 6 chasing his signature.

Where does he think he's going to go?

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    What's going on with Ross Barkley - sounds like Everton have made him a good offer, and while he's a decent player I don't really see any of the top 6 chasing his signature.

Where does he think he's going to go?
    Still being linked to the likes of United. I don't get it at all with that guy, has about 5 good games a season and never against the big teams. The 'he's still young' defence has gone now, and he still doesn't show anywhere near enough.