Notices
Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2978

Thread: Rival Talk

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Still being linked to the likes of United. I don't get it at all with that guy, has about 5 good games a season and never against the big teams. The 'he's still young' defence has gone now, and he still doesn't show anywhere near enough.
    I would think Everton could have a more than decent chance of signing Sigurdsson - he'd take Barkley's spot in an instant.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Alisher Usmanov: Arsenal shareholder makes 1bn takeover bid to Stan Kroenke fo his 67% of Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Alisher Usmanov: Arsenal shareholder makes 1bn takeover bid to Stan Kroenke fo his 67% of Arsenal
    Just read Kroenke won't accept but has yet to put it in writing. Maybe the offer will be increased. Maybe he could get tired of Arsenal and look northwards like his friend across the park.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I would think Everton could have a more than decent chance of signing Sigurdsson - he'd take Barkley's spot in an instant.
    He would be a decent signing for the Bluenose boys

It is and it isn't.

If Burnley are demanding 25m, and have an offer from club A they know they'll only end up with 18.75m after paying United. United could therefore effectively match that offer by bidding 18.75m and Burnley would be equally happy.

But while United may have signed him for just 18.75m they have also lost out on the 6.25m they would have got if he moved elsewhere.
    It's still embarrassing that they could pay 18.75 million for a player they sold for 2.5 million. Suppose it's not as embarrassing as paying 89.3 million for a player they let go on a free transfer.

Walker can leave Spurs for 40m both manc clubs fighting for him with utd willing to offer shaw plus cash.

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    It's still embarrassing that they could pay 18.75 million for a player they sold for 2.5 million. Suppose it's not as embarrassing as paying 89.3 million for a player they let go on a free transfer.
    Think it's one of them things that only other fans think is embarrassing

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    He'd be an instant upgrade. I think that would be brilliant business from Everton, and something I actually fully expect to happen.

Neverton to make statement tomorrow about Barkley's future, I would think he's off.

I think it's a good move for both parties for Barkley to leave Everton.

Barkley hasn't progressed in the past 3 years. He is still a player that people look at; say he has talent but extremely lacks consistency. If he wants any chance of fulfilling his potential (he probably won't), he needs a change to have a hope.

As he's English and an international; his value will be inflated beyond what he's actually worth. Everton might get 30-35m for him. Meanwhile they can probably sign a good replacement i.e Tadic or Sigurdsson for 20m. That's solid business.

Could see Barkley going to United tbh.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Neverton to make statement tomorrow about Barkley's future, I would think he's off.
    If they lose Barkley and Lukaku that could be a huge punch to the gut for them.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Lukaku would be big, they don't score much and he'd be difficult to replace. Barkley, not so much. I don't see what the guy offers at all, I genuinely don't think I've ever watched him have a good game.

I think it's required.

Get rid of the egos and let Koeman build his own side.

Might be a case of one step back, to take two steps forward.

However I will say so much for their plans for competing with the big boys.

Andre Gray, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Michael Keane etc.

Those sort of signings won't get them closer to the top 4. However they will consolidate them as the 7th best team perhaps.

Lukaku would be big, they don't score much and he'd be difficult to replace. Barkley, not so much. I don't see what the guy offers at all, I genuinely don't think I've ever watched him have a good game.
    For Everton's standards though. Barkley is good. That was my point!

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    I think it's required.

Those sort of signings won't get them closer to the top 4. However they will consolidate them as the 7th best team perhaps.
    We were linked with Keane too. Still could be. Unless we do go full pelt for vDV.

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    I think it's required.

Rooney?

Rooney?
    Barkley's replacement? Perfect!

We were linked with Keane too. Still could be. Unless we do go full pelt for vDV.
    I don't believe we hold much of an interest; I'm sure we had a look but doubt he's a priority.

I think he'll end up back at United. However someone I tend to listen to feels he's Everton bound so we shall see.

He's a decent centre half, no doubt bit I gather most LFC fans would have seen him as 3rd, 4th choice in the Liverpool squad they envision. He'll be the main man at the back for Everton.

They don't deserve any half decent players at their club after losing 3-1 to a ten man Arsenal, hope they get relegated next season.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    They don't deserve any half decent players at their club after losing 3-1 to a ten man Arsenal, hope they get relegated next season.
    They're funny.

Guaranteed most of the Bitters spent last night moaning about Liverpool and un-awarded penalties and 'slippy - G'

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    They're funny.

Guaranteed most of the Bitters spent last night moaning about Liverpool and un-awarded penalties and 'slippy - G'

Nearly everyone has Man utd as odds on favourites to win on Thursday, but with the loss of their best defender in Bailey I think they will lose. Don't expect any excitement on the part of Man utd as Mourinho will be super cautious as he has so much to lose on the result.

Nearly everyone has Man utd as odds on favourites to win on Thursday, but with the loss of their best defender in Bailey I think they will lose. Don't expect any excitement on the part of Man utd as Mourinho will be super cautious as he has so much to lose on the result.
    Ajax are no mugs and got a few very good players.

I do think Maureen will grind it out though. Say what you like but he knows how not to lose.

I'm gonna lump some cash on the dutch lads though, just for comedy value

If spurs keep their squad together and sign one or two good players they could win the league next year.

Key though is keeping the squad and manager

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield-assassin View Post
    If spurs keep their squad together and sign one or two good players they could win the league next year.

Key though is keeping the squad and manager
    I think for them its buying quality that will fit the system they play

It's on Wednesday...and agree. I want to jinx the scum and say that they will win this one comfortably

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    The issue with Ajax is how young their squad is. Very talented but mentality comes with knowledge and experience. They fell short in Dutch league and United already have a trophy this season. Sometimes youngsters play within themselves scared to make a mistake in tense moments. Other times they just play with freedom.

The times they play freedom they're usually playing with experience. Big ask for such a young side to play with right mentality but technically they can absolutely hurt United.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Ajax are no mugs and got a few very good players.

I do think Maureen will grind it out though. Say what you like but he knows how not to lose.

I'm gonna lump some cash on the dutch lads though, just for comedy value
    They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, hardly anyone is giving them a chance, I think it could be a wonderful night for every Liverpool fan in the world.

They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, hardly anyone is giving them a chance, I think it could be a wonderful night for every Liverpool fan in the world.

Because the scum usually have the footballing gods on their side. Just look at that league cup final, completely outplayed but still found a way to win

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    It's on Wednesday...and agree. I want to jinx the scum and say that they will win this one comfortably
    Where's it to be played???